[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blueprints for leather armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Hi,

Im planning on making myself a armor a bit like this, but I am not completely sure how the chest piece works and can't find blueprints(or what is the word). So I decided to ask for help here.

Does anyone here have experience with such design? Any tips on how to not screw it up?
>>
>>1029783
>how to do entire profession plz

Learn to walk before you run, m8. Google some guides on home made costumes or vests, then google some shit about leather working and materials, then come back with specific questions.
>>
>>1029783
Google leather armor patterns. Tons of sites.
>>
layered leather like in your picture seems simple enough to design.

Download a copy of Marvelous Designer and draw your own patterns.
>>
Where are you getting your leather?
>>
>>1029783
That's literally like 1000 dollars in leather alone not counting rivets, tools, fuck ups that make you buy more. Etc etc.

I would go directly to the source to get the leather and not a leather shop. Try to find a tannery and buy factory seconds to practice with.

That edge design and carving is very difficult to not make look retarded.
>>
>>1030874
>1000
What??? Thats maybe 100 dollaridoodls in leather all in all if you have an expensive source.
I'll agree with the notion of it looking retarded tho.
OP will probably look like a gay Twink on a pride-parade if it doesn't fit perfectly.

I'd advise you in making smaller things first like a leather pouch or something.
Also you want a sewing-maschine strong enough to work with leather, otherwise you will be trapped in a world of pain.
>>
>>1030970
You have no idea how much leather costs. You must be thinking of the shitty multi colored remnants you buy at Hobby Lobby. That leather is fine for small projects and practice but proper leather pieces are very expensive. The rivets, buckles and trim on that piece probably cost 50 dollars by themselves.
>>
>>1030975
I quickly googled and found roughly 1.2 qm of 2.5 mm thick bull leather (neck area) among the results. Price is 99€
I revert my statement with the 100 max but at that price you need maybe 250€ for leather. More if you are fatter but less if you get a good deal.
>>
File: IMG_20160802_002715.jpg (277KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160802_002715.jpg
277KB, 2560x1440px
>>1030970
>>1030975
Lol.
Seriously
I have an $800 seat in my truck I did myself (hod rod fabricator)
Stingray and osterich- still had to use cow for the entire back because I ran out, damn captains chairs are huge.
Leather adds up fast.
That "half a fucking cow-- hide" goes fast when you cut out irregularities, factor in sewing, realize that everything doesn't come in "cow" shapes and you just blew 20% because you had to cut it out length ways instead of width....

BTW OP, some friends from the renaissance fair had some shit like this.
Very cool but very heavy and very expensive.

Oh ya, pic related- $800 of animal (sorry for poor light, tablet doesn't have a flash)
>>
>>1031681
Congrats. It looks like someone skinned a worn out dildo and stretched it over a car seat. And now you will think you are sitting on an old dildo every time you get into your vehicle. Enjoy.
>>
>>1031716
Is that the best you can do little kid?
That seat is probably older than you, its obviously more mature.
What's your moms name? I came in a lot of whores and you have a lot of bastard mentalities.

Sorry I wasn't there for you, but,,, you know, your moms a skank.
>>
File: 1444525484857.jpg (92KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
1444525484857.jpg
92KB, 880x660px
>>1029783

start with this.
>>
>>1031741
wow someone is sure defensive about being told they ride around on a black dildo skin
>>
>>1031907
Its the only thing people like that understand
>>
>>1029788
Don't mind this turd OP, You can do anything you want to. You're gonna want like 300 usd to blow to get your foot in the door for this one. My suggestion to you is to get involved with a local Society for Creative Anachronism. They make armor and it works for what they do. They will have some tools probably and a preferred vendor for leather. Shop around a bit for leather on some websites. Try to get something with a finish already on it for your first time.
>>
>>1031933
SCA reporting.
A side of veg tanned leather will work, especially to have extra for screwups. If this is to be functional armor you can get hit in, get saddle skirting of at least 10oz and wax harden (look up A Miscellany by David Friedman online and search for cuir boulli). I would suggest 15oz combined thickness if possible.
If you're going to flounce around like a leatherfaggot at a comiccon, 3-5oz thickness is fine. Cuir boulli will give it a little bit of rigidity.
To get a good black base, look up vinegaroon chemical dye and treat before using black dye.
Don't field this in the SCA combat. They'll hurt you.
I suggest also looking up t shirt patterning. Just put a t shirt on and wrap it up with duct tape while it's on you, then cut off. Do it to a few times and build your armor out of duct taped t shirt pieces. That will be your pattern to trace and cut out of leather.
>>
>>1031681
Man, that really looks like shit. You wasted 800 dollars worth of animal.
>>
>>1029783
just make yourself a coat of plates nigga
>>
>>1032873
>>
>>1031681
This is so fucking disgusting
>>
>>1030756
this please

also, does anyone have proper guides on leatherworking, Would love to read some good pdfs, about that
>>
>>1031741
ooh, touchy
>>
>>1033144
From cows
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 419x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 419x351px
>>1029783
Make one of these to go with it and really let the world know how small your penis is
>>
>>1031741
seem to have struck a nerve??
>>
>>1033214
>>1033214
Thats the most impractical knife i have ever seen
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.