[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a bullbar for my shitbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tempo.jpg (864KB, 2611x1958px) Image search: [Google]
tempo.jpg
864KB, 2611x1958px
Hey /diy/, would it be possible to make a bullbar for my Ford Tempo? And if it is possible, what will I need? I know I'll need a welder, will this one do?: http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/mig-flux-welders/90-amp-ac-120-volt-flux-cored-welder-61849.html
>>
There isn't much of anything to anchor a bar to on a Tempo.

For a functional bull bar I'd use a cheap stick welder, but you would still have a shitload of work involved trying to attach it. It would be useless.

If you want to push other vehicles or hit deer for fun get a pickup truck.

If you want to weld, which is incredibly useful, I suggest starting with AC/DC stick. The little Harbor Freight things sort of work for some sheet metal but they aren't very good.

Visit some welding forums to learn more about welding.
>>
>>1029034
Anything is possible when you know how to weld, and that welder will only weld up to 3/16 thick, in the hands of an experienced welder. I own that model and I'll tell you to buy a used Lincoln 110 unit, much nicer to weld with plus it won't break after 2 hours of welding. For the bar you're gonna need some tube, if you are making classic styled bull bar, no you can either miter it with a chop saw, or you can bend it around something. Make sure that your brackets mount to something secure and you should be good to go
>>
>>1029034
Check local laws on bar compliance before you build.
>>
>>1029114
>There isn't much of anything to anchor a bar to on a Tempo.

Perhaps you can mount it using the same supports the bumper does.
>>
>>1029543
That's what I was referring to. I've worked on Tempos.

If the bar is decorative than have at it.

The Lincoln advice is good. Body shops have many little Lincolns.

Of course the welder is worth as much as the car, but the welder will be around longer.
>>
>>1029115
I've got one of these little Lincolns too. 110 units have come a long way in the last 10 years or so. If you hear someone talking shit about them, they probably don't have any experience with a newer on.
I got mine super cheap too, as a refurbished unit off ebay. They're on there regularly as floor models and return models get sent back to the factory and gone completely through, but they still can't sell them as new.
>>
If you don't have, or want to spend the money on a tubing bender, you can buy pre bent corners and weld it all together.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.