[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioengineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image-13.jpg (24KB, 810x608px) Image search: [Google]
image-13.jpg
24KB, 810x608px
hi /diy/ i have been here a while and i asked myself why we don't have any thread that discuss aubout bioengineering.pic unrelated
>>
>>1028585
Because 90% of the people who come through here can't google "how to simple?" or get past the fact that storage containers are not THE solution.
>>
>>1028585
Well what about the topic is in ur rot OP? You're not one of those "biohackers" are you...
>>
>>1028590
I have the same opinion about the persons who can't google a simple how to.
but maybe a person with knowledge on this topic could come across this thread and could help here.
>>
>>1028600
no i am not a "biohacker" but i would learn more on this topic and if it's even possible to do it in a small workshop
>>
>>1028585
Because it is expensive and you can't really do much
>>
>>1028625
This. Reagents and equipment are really expensive. And you tend not to reuse a lot of stuff.
>>
>>1028641
>>1028625
ok but a project of mine was a bioprinter(pretty easy and cheap).
but i have no idea what printmaterialls i can use
>>
File: MOM IM BIOENGINEERING.jpg (41KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MOM IM BIOENGINEERING.jpg
41KB, 800x600px
>>1028653
>>
>>1028585
If you're serious about this and just interested in cloning life from tissue, not making body parts etc. Look into tissue culture of plants. It's something that is feasible in a "basement" setup. There are forums our there that will teach you the basics. They generally revolve around growing orchids, as it's more difficult to produce certain orchids from seed as opposed to tissue culture.
>>
>>1028653
People like you are the future. Today its
Blank ears and noses for people with
cosmetic damage. Tomorrow your printing
synthetic skin at home- a task the major
cosmetic firms are doing now.

Some time next week your printing fresh
faces and when its common place you know
organs are next. That's when humanity
becomes effectively immortal. It gets old and
wears out, you just print a new. Except for
the brain. Haven't quite figured out brain
retention, but somebody will do it. Your post
made me happy, even if your not aiming high.
>>
>>1028653
so how are you going to make said bioprinter? You can print scaffolds rather easily. Shit PLA can be used straight up as a scaffold. But actually growing shit on scaffolds? That's hard or dangerous. The hard way is to make a bioreactor. Keeping cells alive is fucking hard and because we cannot into blood vessels, at best you'll end up with a scaffold covered in cells with cells in the middle dead(a necrotic core as they call it). And that's if you can keep said cells alive long enough.

The dangerous way is to implant it in yourself. This will almost certainly end in disaster.

>>but i have no idea what printmaterialls i can use
truth is, no one really does. Bioprinting is still pretty fucking sci-fi in this day and age. The big reason to do bioprinting versus just magically growing organs in vats is that we have no idea how to grow blood vessels. This has been the argument for a fucking decade now and we still don't have a good way to do blood vessels. There's also the issue of where the fuck we get the cells for the 'ink' from. Hint: stem cells, but when you mention that you tend to scare away the religious folk who thought bioprinting didn't need stem cells and get arguments about why not just grow said organ in a vat.

>>1028672
and you are just an asshole, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1028653
>bioprinter
elaborate so i can laugh at you
>>
>>1028585
The cells possibly wouldn't age like the rest of the human body and might get rejected since the body thinks that it's a group of cancer cells.

[spoiler]Also the bigwigs in the medical field will call it "playing God"[/spoiler]
>>
>>1028867
I have never said that i want to implant some random shit into my body
>>
Real Skin Bandage!
>now in your grocers freezer
>>
>>1029067
Fun fact: did you know that neonate foreskins are used to make skin grafts for burn victims and cosmetic surgery?

It would be pretty great if we could grow skin in a vat. If we can get to the point where we can sell skin like that at a grocery store, we could do fucking incredible stuff. IE mass produced frozen organs
>>
>>1028672
god school needs to start already....

>>1029112
fun fact; did you know you can use people who are already dead, skin them, and throw that skin onto someone else? the foreskin thing is for places like the face and shit, and that's for people who can afford that shit to begin with, IE: rich folk. normal folk, just gets some dead old ladys ass skin stretched over their back/arms and called good.
>>
>>1028778
HE MUST NOT IMPLANT HIMSELF W/ IT!! Especially if he uses stem cells. This is literally cancerous at his level of research lololol
>>
>>1028768
What you are talking its like the people in ghost in the shell except for the brains and its all robots and cyborgs
>>
>>1029293
Nigga how the fuck is OP gonna get stem cells. What I am recommending is that OP make some cellular scaffold and implant it for shits and giggles. The PLA used by 3d printers can be used as a cellular scaffold because it's biodegradeable.

It's not really cancerous, it's just a really bad idea. For one doing surgery on yourself is dangerous and it doesn't really serve a purpose.
>>
>>1028768
Make a pet vagina and you'll be rich
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.