[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make bracelets/necklace out of paperclips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

1 - Take your paperclip
2 - Unbend it
3 - Take a small screwdriver, any size you want just as how wide you want your rings to be.
4 - With the help of pliers, roll the straighten paperclip around the shank of your screwdriver, so it'll look like a little spring.
5 - Cut the spring with cutting pliers in order to make your rings.
6 - Now open and close your rings in order to make your wristband/necklace however you want it to look like.

*You can also use this technique of making metal springs to make chainmail
>>
>>
>>1028440
That's quite nice, thanks for sharing

Also i have a question regarding wire jewelry in general.
When I dabbled in it, my pliers would always leave marks and dents on the wire. I was using aluminium wire.
Am i applying too much force? Was the wire too soft?
>>
>>1028440
>>1028441
>protip: use a drill to spin the metal bar to speed up the process.
>>
>>1028471
If it's when bending and folding it's a combination of squeezing to hard and burrs/chips on the pliers, finding a set with a slightly bevelled edges will help too
If you're getting a bad edge when cutting sharpen the cutting edge and never wiggle the wire to snap it, it should only take gentle movement to detatch
Also worth pointing out that paper clips have nickle which a lot of people are allergic to
>>
>>1028490
Sorry react to, not allergic too, before that fkr with the 2 post explanation comes in
>>
>>1028471
I'm using paperclips (steel ones because these don't rust) and steel wire for larger bracelets and for my chaimail project, and even with this material I sometimes leave some marks and scratches on the rings.
Apparently aluminium is softer than steel, so be careful about how much force you apply on the wire

>>1028478
Haha yes I use this method to make larger sizes of rings
>>
>>1028494
I do it with thin copper wire all the time, just dont have the drill set to megadeath and it will be fine
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.