[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compressor Volume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I am going to build a spray painting station (for furniture painting, doors, tables etc.). For the gun I am going to pick a SATA Jet 4000 B HVLP, which needs a constant 16cfm.

I was thinking about a Schneider UNM 660-10-90 for the compressor unit, but I am not quite sure, if 90l is enough volume to keep a constant air supply of 16cfm.

So should i get a one with a 90l tank or should I go for one with a bigger tank, like 180l or 200l?

https://www.schneider-airsystems.com/Products/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=A715000&name=UniMaster-UNM-660-10-90-D
>>
>>1028409
>constant air supply of 16cfm
If you're taling 100% duty cycle, the size of the tank doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is whether the compressor output is enough at its 100% duty cycle. A larger tank can help if the demand is intermittent but exceeds the compressor's max output, and the size to get depends on the usage specifics.
>>
>>1028422

Obviously it only has to provide a constant 16 cfm for a the time it takes to paint lets say 2 doors on both sides in one go.

The compressor, which i linked has a filling capacity of 520l/min. Even though Schneider Airsystems is one of the leading manufacturers in the compressor industry, I couldn't find any data on its standardised air output.
>>
>>1028424
>the time it takes to paint lets say 2 doors on both sides in one go
So how much time is that, and how long a break will it have before the next use?

>520l/min
Which is 18 CFM, so it should be fine with any tank.
>>
>>1028409
Do you have the air filter and water separator for the lines and automatic drain for the tank?
>>
If that's an 18CFM compressor you're not going to make it far. 16CFM is 450 liters, so the compressor will be running 100% duty cycle. A piston compressor, even really good ones, aren't good at 100%. Even if the pump itself is ok you'll have motor heating issues.

You need a screw compressor, which love 100% duty, or a significantly bigger piston machine, I wouldn't get less than 50% bigger.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.