[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is a pneumatic piston i use them to actuate the shifter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: melLj3vV_sj47UlTkbQqg0w.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
melLj3vV_sj47UlTkbQqg0w.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
this is a pneumatic piston

i use them to actuate the shifter and clutch lever on an ATV engine for a school race car. it currently runs off of Co2 and the entire system is kind of bulky.

i want to maybe use electromagnetic pistons so it can run off the battery and wont require pressurized lines running all around. i cant find anything that would suit my needs given some internet searching.

does anyone here have any suggestions or have a link to a magnetic piston that may suit my needs

thank you
>>
>>1028242
Use a servo.
>>
>>1028242
you use the word in your post so if not trolling, "linear dc actuator"
>>
>>1028242
>Magnetic Piston.
I think you mean Solenoid.

Anything that meets your requirements is gonna cost several hundreds of dollars and eat up a shit ton of power.

Use a servo motor instead.
>>
Solenoids suck for those tasks which is why drag cars and motorcycles use air shifters. CO2 is a fine choice because it stores as a liquid under pressure and creates no draw on the engine or battery in operation.

Pressurized lines are easy to route, modify and repair.

A solenoid suitable for the clutch would be a big heavy bitch.

If you want to race, copy racers who win. Pneumatic actuators are fast-acting and ideal for shifting and clutch actuation in your application.
>>
>>1028280
blegghhh i just hate packaging everything abiding by the rules..

>>1028267
do you have solenoid that fits my needs? even if it is several hundred dollars?
>>
>>1028288
Linear actuator
>>
>>1028242
kliktronic do a good gear shifter solenoid. use it with an ignition interrupter and you can shift clutchlessly once you're rolling.

i don't know anyone who does an electronic clutch. an on/off clutch sounds like a stupid undrivable piece of shit.
>>
>>1028383
>i don't know anyone who does an electronic clutch. an on/off clutch sounds like a stupid undrivable piece of shit.

Agreed.

OP could try a big truck or tractor starter solenoid for the clutch. You can get a starter (you want the solenoid and pivot fork and drive housing to modify or copy) then remove the motor and mod the rest. You can play with the leverage for best throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WD5Q_PF3pM

What ATV engine is in question? (Vague posters suck. Make, model, year NOW. Yes it can certainly matter.

Is clutch cable or hydraulic?
>>
>>1030053
Actuation method matters because they vary considerably.
>>
If you know how to shift without using a clutch lever, these are proven in the ATV circuit:

https://rekluse.com/faq/
>>
>>1028242
Use a 4-wheeler with clutchless/electric shift

its just two buttons on the handles that shift and you dont have to use a clutch. Could easily manipulate the buttons with relays
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.