[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dishwasher Plumbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey y'all, quick question that Google doesn't seem to solve.

My dishwasher broke so we bought a new one. We're trying to replace the old hoses with new ones but have no idea how to remove this one from the pipe. Any ideas?

Thanks!
>>
>>1028183
I have no clue

But from a quick look, it looks like there is a threaded collar right there at the end of the fitting.
You would unscrew the ring using the notches on it

I dont know the proper name for it
>>
>>1028184
Also obviously you dont remove the crimped hose or the knob.
You have to do something on the fitting nearest to the wall to remove it.
>>
>>1028183
I've not seen this before but it looks like it may be similar to a 'sharkbite' type fitting.
The hose is not removable so you have to remove the entire valve/hose assembly.
The water supply to the line in the wall must be off before doing this.

Can't you remove the other end of the flex line and re-use this line on your new dishwasher?

What country are you in?
How many stories to your house?
Which floor is this on?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Thanks for the quick replies! We unscrewed it and it had a brand name called Accor Flowtite. The hose is busted and essentially we need to replace the entire housing. After we removed it, this is the pipe that we were wanting to add a traditional turn valve to but the pipe isn't threaded. Is there anything we can add to the pipe without any threading?

Also were in Texas, with a two story home and it's on the ground floor. We've had plumbing work done and it's been a cluster fuck. The house is installed with a waterblock which makes everything 1000x more difficult.
>>
>>1028203
>this is the pipe that we were wanting to add a traditional turn valve to but the pipe isn't threaded. Is there anything we can add to the pipe without any threading?
That pipe looks like red PEX. PEX is a plastic pipe and the red is to indicate a hot water line.
You can get stop valves for PEX line at about any hardware store but installing it requires special tools. Either an expander tool or a crimper tool depending on which type of PEX and what type of valve you get.
SharkBite as I mentioned above fits PEX line and is a slip on connector. The part remaining on the line appears to be the teeth of a sharkbite type connector.
Get a genuine SharkBite 3/8" stop valve. Slip it on and you're done.
It uses an internal O ring to seal on the outside of the line so be sure the area you're putting it on isn't damaged.
If it is damaged, cut the damaged part off with a clean 90 degree cut.
>>
File: 320px-PEX-Rohr[1].jpg (45KB, 320x1087px) Image search: [Google]
320px-PEX-Rohr[1].jpg
45KB, 320x1087px
>>1028203
Is that PEX? If so, you will need to use fittings designed for PEX pipes. Screw fittings are made for old school galvanized steel pipes.
>>
Back of dishwasher where supply ties in plox
>>
>>1028230
>Back of dishwasher where supply ties in plox
All dishwashers I've installed have the supply near the front so it's accessible when the appliance is installed under the counter.

Remove kick-panel to access water valve connection and electrical tie in box.
>>
I can't thank y'all enough! I went to Home Depot, told them exactly what y'all told me, got my connection and in roughly an hour I got my new dishwasher installed!

Team work makes the dream work!
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1028265

New dishwasher up and running
>>
>>1028266
Tits please
>>
>>1028243
you should talk to bosh.. because their new design sucks balls and has the valve on the back... also frigidaire has one that has the valve near the front, but not accessible unless you pull the unit out, flip it over, and take the base off....

fucking asshats..
>>
>>1028282
>I can't thank y'all enough!
>YES
>YOU
>CAN
>>
>>1028296
>>YES
>>YOU
>>CAN
MDIYGA
>Make /diy/ Great Again
>>
>>1028266

nice nails, faggot
>>
>>1028289
Is that a design that's frowned upon? Would you recommend this brand? The cheap whirlpool this replaced had the valve on the back as well. The house is 4 years old and it has all the standard builder appliances. We're slowly removing them and replacing them with higher end and were thinking of keeping with bosch.
>>
You are using pex or sharkbite or rehau or yorkflex or whatever. Crimpers are expensive. Go get the fittings you need in sharkbite, theyre push ons. You will need more pipe to replace your hot line. Once done you need to pressurize your plumbing to 7kpa to set the fittings (its how sharkbite works fuckface) and wow cunt you're flying.
>>
>>1029814
Ah fuck, you still need the right tools to make sure your shit dont leak. Also you can get sharkbite off with a shifter but can potentially fuck the internal plastic baffle. I prefer rehau.
>>
>>1029814
Got my dishwasher up and running a few days ago but thanks for this! We're slowly replacing all these builder Flowtite hoses that are on everything and hot damn they suck balls.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.