[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat tree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: 6252016175724.jpg (163KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
6252016175724.jpg
163KB, 600x800px
Can my /diy/ bro's help me out? Im making a cat tree just like pic related. Ive got pretty much everything I need but im having trouble figuring out how they attatched the curved peices (circled in red) to the posts. Any ideas?
>>
File: 625201618024.jpg (152KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
625201618024.jpg
152KB, 600x800px
Pic 2
>>
File: catshoes_1330626420.jpg (70KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
catshoes_1330626420.jpg
70KB, 400x300px
>>1028150
on the ones I've thrown out, they were just made of wood beams (the square uprights) and all the rest was paperboard tube. They were mainly held together by long staples and hot glue.

Also--in my experience it's easier to just buy a new one every year and toss the old one out.
The cat(s) won't sit on it anymore if it has their fur matted well into it, and you can try to vacuum it regularly but after a while you can't get the matted fur out.
Because of how they're built (staples and hot glue) there's no easy way to dissemble them non-destructively to cover them with new carpet.

They're good to have because cats instinctively like to climb... If they have one or two tall things they're ALLOWED to climb, they will usually stay off everything else (like the drapes).

It's just part of the budget of owning a pet.
Dogs tear stuff up (no way around that) and cats need a cat tower (to keep them from tearing other things up,,,).
Keeping pets costs money.
>>
>>1028205
The staples weren't normal staple-gun staples--the width of the staples was maybe a half-inch, but the legs of the staples were really long--like 1.5 inches.

They just drive a few staples in at an angle to hold the thing, and then hot-glue it.
>>
File: BKTMLESS.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BKTMLESS.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>1028150
Just use some steel brackets, will hold up even on the fattest felines
>>
Glue, like other anon said small staples will hold it in place. Don't put staples where where cats can get there claws, don't put glue seams where cats might chew.
>>
>>1028205
Well ive got a cat tree right now thay he loves and still uses. Im just wanting to put one on the other side of the house. I really like that one I posted a pic of but its $320....ive got all the materials needed and only spent $98.
>>1028211
Thats what im thinking

Thanks for the help guys
>>
File: CAT.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
CAT.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>1028150
I figure you could just sink a couple wood screws at an angle at each attachment point, then cover it all with carpet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.