[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have dogs (long and short haired), they shed hair everywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 289183686_3ad198c9b0_z[1].jpg (120KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
289183686_3ad198c9b0_z[1].jpg
120KB, 395x500px
I have dogs (long and short haired), they shed hair everywhere. My current vacuum costs me $30 a year in bags and thats with me reusing the bags at least 3 times each. I'm tired of bags. I tried a Shark Navigator but the canister was so small I was constantly emptying it. It also took a long time to clean the house because it is so small. I don't care that about filtration, just dog hair.

Does anything know of a bagless vacuum that can handle pet hair and it is not made for apartment dwellers with only 25 square feet of floor?

What about shop vacs? Anyone use them inside their house? Can they get dog hair out of thick carpet?
>>
>$30 a year
>$2.50 a month
>literally cheaper than feeding a starving African child for just .50c a day
Get an undercoat brush and brush then regularly. Or get them groomed regularly. Or just pay the 30 fucking dollars a year.
>Shopvac won't work because it doesn't have bristles to pick up the hair out of the carpet
>>
>>1027567
I recycle the bags. If I didn't reuse them the cost would be closer to $90 a year. The first few years I had it thats what I did but I did the math on it and it was stupid. So, all in all, the vacuum has cost me close to $400 in bags over its life. Its an $80 vacuum. If I had spent $300 on decent bagless I would be ahead by now and wouldn't have to go through the hassle of tearing open full vacuum bags to empty and reuse them.
>>
File: IMG_20160724_182319.jpg (2MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160724_182319.jpg
2MB, 4208x3120px
>>1027581
Bosses cleanview 1331? I think. Best vacuum I've ever owned. Cleans our carpets so well, the first time we used it the canister was completely full on one bedroom alone because our old vacuum sucked (lol). All of the hair was gone. Pic related
>>
>>1027585
>Bosses
>Bissell
>>
>>1027565
A few years ago I bought a JohnnyVac Lava. It's professional strength, a model that carpet cleaners use if they don't have the hose-to-truck operation. It cleans/steams carpets and upholstery, bagless, and as a vacuum it could suck up an elephant, no kidding. Look into it.
>>
>dyson animal

they like fuck expensive, but well reviewed - got another (cheaper) model, not much to argue with it, dont have dogs though.

Think you get a new model every other year or something, may get an 'older' moddel cheaper. Vacuum your dog(s) every day, first thing, end of hairy issues - or just shave em. or get fish instead.
>>
just get a freaking dyson from Amazon™. they're built for people like you who think too much about these things.
>>
>>1027594
>VACUUM_BAG_EXPENSES_MID2013_MID2016_3_YEAR_REVIEW_SUMMARY_PROPOSALS.xls
you jist pissed, OP is one organised MoFo. Shits under Control, yo.
>>
>>1027603
It was more along the lines of I looked at my Amazon order history and realized I'd gone through $90 worth of bags in a year.

>>1027585
They looks decent. I will put them on the list.

>>1027593
>>1027594
Buddy of my had one. It broke and broke and broke and then the warranty expired and they wanted $200 to fix it.
>>
File: 20160724_200525.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_200525.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
>>1027612
just get a Dyson, they're great had this one for a couple years. it's easy to maintain (empty the cylinder of trash once it reaches the max mark, and wash the only filter in it once and a while and you're set). Hasn't broken on me once and the end piece has a neat feature to keep you from sucking up pennies.
>>
>>1027660
also forgot to mention have a dog and a long haired cat and the animal does a great job sucking up all the hair they leave lying around.
>>
Just fucking brush your dog once a week, you brain-dead dillweed.
>>
>>1027612
80 bucks, less than you've spent on bags. I'd say it's worth a try.
>>
>>1027565
>What about shop vacs? Anyone use them inside their house? Can they get dog hair out of thick carpet?

I put panty hose over my shop vac filter and use it for dog hair. That old trick is a filter saver on any suitable vac. I don't have thick carpet though.
>>
>>1027565
Any vacuum worth its salt is bagged

also
>all this dyson meme ITT

You are paying for the Dyson name and edgy design, they arent particularly good vacuums for the price.
Hoovers top of the line vacuums perform as well or in some cases better than Dysons and cost about half.

If you are going to drop $500+ on a vacuum, at least buy a real vacuum like a Riccar or a Miele.
>>
>>1027717
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hoover-WindTunnel-3-High-Performance-Pet-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-Cleaner-UH72630/206850342
>>
File: pallet-dog-houses[1].jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pallet-dog-houses[1].jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>Its even made of pallets
>>
>>1027717
>this dyson meme
dunno about Riccar, however, I think you'll find, most if not all of the Miele are bag vacs - which, to assist you with reading comprehension, he didnt want, thus, Dyson meme recommends.

And if hes moaning about paying $30 in bags (per annum..), cant see him being thrilled about the prospect of paying near $1,000 for a Miele - get a Festool for that ;) Had a Miele washing machine once tho - Quality Shit, no question. But fuck paying $1k for a vac.
>>
>>1027565
Get a makita 447L.
I grind concrete a lot with mine, and regularly clean the house with it because of how much quicker it is to use than our dyson.
>>1027684
This man speaks the truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>1027565
Are you literally retarded? Why are you wasting your time vaccuming? It's 2016 not 1960. Buy a damn roomba. I have a dog and a cat so I know what it's like to have hair over everything you own. Take it from me, a roomba is a great investment if you have pets. I vacuumed once to remove a lot of hair, and I've used the roomba since twice a week to maintain a hair free house. Every now and then if someone is spending the night or something I'll do a regular vacuum just to make sure it gets a deep clean. But otherwise I let Rosie keep the hair away. Really nice to be able to drop a shirt on the floor and pick it up without it being covered in hair. And now I can sit on the living room rug and it's no longer covered in hair. Sure Roomba's have an upfront cost. But it's not just about the money. It's about your time. You don't wash dishes do you? No. The dishwasher does that. You don't wash clothes do you? No. The washing machine does that. And you shouldn't be vacuuming your house either, your roomba should do that. One less chore in life and more free time. Pony up the cash and let something else do it for you. I wish I had bought my Roomba the day I bought my dog. Would have saved me so much stress and free time dealing with that damn hair. Worth. Every. Penny.
>>
I use the bissell pet hair eraser. Pretty much the same model as >>1027720. Yeah, you gotta empty the canister alot while vacuuming if you got pets. I recycle a grocery bag for this and hang it on a door knob then throw away when done. Also you have to disassemble the thing and clean all the filters and vents to keep it working like new.

After vacc'ing I wet vac with the bissell proheat pet. This is essential for when they piss, vomit or crap diarrhea on the carpet for spot treating. My carpets are light colored so I run a little bleach in the detergent receptacle or laundry soap and water depending. The water vac gets deep in the carpet and pulls the dirt out the vac can't get to. It's close to a steam cleaning. But, I find it has an added benefit of clumping the animal hair up and spitting it out like a cat throwing up hair balls. This gets all the dirt and pet hair the regular vac misses.

Also, I have trimmed a long hair dog down with good scissors to keep it from dying in the heat. It took about 2 hours and requires a dog with a good attitude, but afterward shearing was not needed. My dogs are short hair and medium short so I don't give them hair cuts, just bathe them after the vac routine. My cat is long hair and is a PITA to shave, I use a motorcycle jacket and mechanic gloves and lock him into a small bathroom then go after him with clippers my gf loans me from the vet. I think theyre Osters. The vet. will know their shit when it comes to clippers if they do surgery since they shave for surgery so often. The cheap pair I got for haircuts at wal-mart barely work. The pair I get on loan just tears thru my cats hair with ease and never clogs. Basically as good as you see in sheep shearing videos. My gf offers to sedate him but I just do it while he's mad and let him try and scratch and bite at my protected arms. I`ve never got his sides or his belly since he sits in a protective pose; but if I really wanted to I assume I could hog tie him up.
>>
>>1027784
Your pets are short haired.
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 1311x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 1311x874px
>>1027854
My dog and cat have medium hair and it handles it just fine. You do one good vacuum, then you schedule the roomba to run as much as you want from there on. I find vacuuming twice a week works great for me. This way it's not sucking up mountains of hair, but rather only a day or two's worth which isn't much. I don't know if you have cats, but their hair always bundles up into these dust bunny things. So nice to not see hairy dust bunnies in the corners anymore. The whole point is it constantly maintains a hair free house by picking up every day or so. Trust me get a roomba, you shouldn't have to sweep and vacuum your house. Gift yourself one less chore in life, it's worth it.
>>
>>1027742
ALL Riccars and Mieles are bagged vacuums, because they are proper vacuums.

I didnt deny or ignore this. I explicitly said that if OP wanted a quality vacuum, he is gonna have to deal with it being bagged.

Also there are many riccars and mieles in the 5-600$ range. It would be fucking retarded to buy a Dyson at that price range.

And then I provided a link to a bagless vacuum that will perform just as well as the Dyson would at half the cost. Remember, he wants to save money.

Im not sure I am the one who needs help with his reading comprehension.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.