[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppppp how to update my computer ?????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: photo_1469378149740.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1469378149740.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Suppppp how to update my computer ?????
>>
>>1027456
you have ti give a bit more info if you don't want to be considered a troll
>>
>>1027456
post more pictures so we can have look at the mother board
>>
>core 2 duo
>bargain basement PSU
>empty pci-e slot

Cheapest thing would be to add a GPU and better PSU to handle it. More ram to bump it up to 4+ GB would help but ddr2 is probably still overpriced.
>>
Forgot to mention a new case would help too since it looks like you're having heat issues. Protip: cases are usually designed to have the side panel stay on for better airflow.
>>
>>1027456
Start new
LGA775 has been dead for like 7 years
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>1027522
This. Life gets better after you do
>>
File: avatar_400x400.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
168KB, 400x400px
>>1027526
>>1027522
>meme distro that doesnt respect your freedoms

Trisquel is the one and only GNU plus Linux distro worth using.
>>
>IDE cable not attached to anything
>Fan attached to HDD bays with pipe cleaners in a way that would prevent the case closing
>Recently emptied expansion slots
>Case rusting
Burn it to the ground.
>>
>>1027456
Lol your fan is held in with multi coloured pipe cleaners.
>>
File: 1461926617028.jpg (406KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1461926617028.jpg
406KB, 2048x1356px
>>1027456
What are you goals with your box? There are only a few lga 775 chips that can keep up with mid spec modern games. Its not the end of the world though. Ive got a (LGA) q6600 in the gfs rig with a 7770 and she can run something like overwatch @ 37-55 fps mid settings. You can pick up that proc refurb for like $50 shipped. Any gfx card will be an upgrade. I just peeped a 7770 on ebay just now for $60 shipped, to get the most of your money you'd have to get used though. I never have had any problems and ebay lets you purchase without an account now for buy it now stuff. Apart from that you dont want less than 8g of ram else the rest of your stuff will be held back.
Cooling is pretty important. Rather than target cooling, you need a sealed unit that moves air out of the case fast enough to keep the sinks fed with fresh. That usally means using 1 or 2 extra exhaust fans located around the top and rear, with the intake fans low and in front.

you could have something completely competent for 100/150 or so invested id think
>>
>>1027456
consider gentoo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.