[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ceiling critters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: iswatchingyou.jpg (7KB, 432x247px) Image search: [Google]
iswatchingyou.jpg
7KB, 432x247px
I have a problem of constant cracking, rattling and rolling noises coming out of my ceiling. It sounds like small pebbles are shifting inside a cavity of my ceiling.

As far as i know it's a concrete panel with parallel hollow tubes running length wise with both ends cemented and armature welded to next panel.

I suspect that the noise might come from birds that live somewhere in the panel and have found a hole to enter it somewhere from outside.

How do i confirm this, get rid of them and make sure it isn't the panel slowly shifting and cracking to kill me in my sleep one day?

How do i get rid of the
>>
>>1027418
Try bird seed to bait birds, nuts for squirrels, or almost anything for rats. Set up a trap. Be merciful when you kill the pest. After quiet for a couple of days seal up the hole where they entered.
>>
>>1027432
I assume i have to find the entrance first and then mount the trap against it?

What's a good sealant for such purpose? I assume pests would carve another entrance in Makroflex and alike. Plaster, cement? I'd like something i can fill down the hole, in case it has connections of other points of entry i cant see (e.g. to some utility space between blocks).
>>
>>1027418
assuming there are a million parallel tubes running across the whole thing, you can't really just block one, you need to block all of them, in which case you might as well hire someone to kill the pests
>>
File: panel.jpg (114KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
panel.jpg
114KB, 800x600px
>>1027532
Not million. And in worst case i could get access to one of the utility spaces where the panel is exposed to drill hole in each of the tubes (i'd say there are ~20 above my room) and inject foam or something. Still i'd have to get them out first, so they don't die and start rotting and smelling in there.

Pic. related - what i probably have as ceiling. Weird thing though that the holes run parallel to the outer wall of building so there is no direct entry point except for some crack, or disintegrated joint (which i've yet to find).

Ok. I'll keep looking and report back when i have more information. I just home they don't end up in some small ventilation shaft i cant access.
>>
Shit,op,ceiling cat's an omnipotent being.I doubt this is going to be easy.
>>
>>1027488
For rats, mice and squirrels seal the hole with steel wool first then expanding foam, even if they chew through the foam they can't chew through the steel wool as it will kill them.

BTW, peanut butter is the king of baits for rodents, you could try setting up a bucket trap to see what sort of critters you are dealing with, see youtube for more details on bucket traps.
>>
>>1027550
my guess is bats. i got those fuckers in my attic. and dont for a second believe when people say bats are helpful and wont hurt you. they got big ass teeth.
>>
>>1028895
I mix rat poison (I buy tubs online from China) with peanut butter so even if they dodge the trap they still die.
>>
>>1029710
they have a high instance of rabies
>>
>>1027418
I had this when i lived in a shithole rundown house freshman year of college.

It had ceiling tiles that were put in with caulk like grout on floor tiles by my nigger landlord. I cut one out with a knife and threw a bunch of D-con up there.

TL;DR D-con in ceiling, go in through attic or cut hole and patch later. Find critters entry point and seal with Great stuff Foam.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.