[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey >>>/diy/ I have a Samsung rsh1fbpe fridge and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Hey >>>/diy/
I have a Samsung rsh1fbpe fridge and the refrigerator compartment fan keeps freezing over every couple a months, sometimes weeks. Anybody got any experience or tips how this can be fixed?
>>
Could be the door seal perhaps
>>
>>1027373
>fan keeps freezing over

My fridge had some trash in the drain hole where water runs out during the defrost cycle, so it eventually collected to form a huge block of ice that never melted.

The solution was to remove the trash, obviously, but I went ahead and made it larger, which may or may not affect the operation of yours. I did this about 10 years ago and mine is still operating fine.
>>
>>1027388
>made it larger,

derp. I made the drain hole larger.
>>
>>1027388
Why did you make the trash larger?
>>
>>1027395

the trash was not large enough. Once I finished, it was about as large as the fridge compartment, which seemed ok, but I could no longer store my cheese there.
>>
as strange as it sounds . you will find a small heater / element below the fan that could be faulty and might need to be replaced.
>>
A lot of units have this happen. If you google your model number, more than likely there is a replacement kit for the drain plug hole. It's usually this rubber grommet closed and prevents condensation from draining, which then freezes, and starts building up more and more until you get a chunk of ice.
>>
>>1027373
Samsung fridges are shit. Wait til the control board fucks up and you have to buy a new one, only for it to happen again in a year or 2.

Samsung fridges are the reason I went back to a basic fridge with no control panel. They all freeze up, and if you don't catch it it leads to damage. And they all end up having problems with the control or main board. I owned 1, and 5 different people I know all had issues with different models. If you Google Samsung fridge problems you'll find tons of hits for forums with people seeking help.
>>
>>1027373
Samsung repairman here. The most likely scenario is that you need to order a leakage kit from the Samsung site. It includes a couple of drain tubes to replace the ones that are on the back, right next to the compressor. There's also a small piece of metal which hangs down into the drain hole next to the refrigerator evaporator.
If that does not help, then you've got air getting into your refrigerator and you should check the seals. The way I do it is; take a lighter and move it around the seal edges. If you see the flames being drawn towards the seal, there's your gap. I'll keep this thread open, so ask any questions you have
>>
>>1028053
huh, thought those were just for the french door models, not the side by sides.

appliance repair guy here (although not samsung authorized, seriously, fuck those gooks)
>>
>>1028053

Not OP but have a Samsung question. We have a Samsung side by side fridge and the ice maker doesn't work. Fridge and freezer work great, we've removed the water inlet and cleaned the hoses, cleaned the housing and still it won't fill up with water. Is this something that's fixable and above all is it worth it to pay for it to get fixed?
>>
>>1028295
From what I know it's a universal kit. There's a couple of side by side models that the metal piece won't work with, but only the ones with one evap on the freezer side.
They have a great support system, though, I'll give them that. Tech hotline is pretty ace.
>>
>>1028324
Typically if it doesn't fill, you're looking at a water valve issue, or a water supply issue. Water valves rarely go bad, but it sounds like you've tested the water flow.
There should be a test button on the ice maker. Hold it for a few seconds.
The machine will beep when you press it, then beep again when the water is done filling at the end of the test.
Check for voltage on the leads on the water valve when the test finishes. You should be reading 120V for about 3 seconds.
If not, then you've got a main board issue. only resolution in that case is a new main.
Worth it? Only of you /diy/. Cost should be (max) 150. With our company you're looking at 400 bigg'uns.
>>
>>1028324
Try reseating the ice tray. Sometimes it doesn't believe that the tray is where it's supposed to be. Even if it is.
>>
>>1028337
The ice tank sits on the door perfectly and we've reset it multiple times. It won't fill up unfortunately. We were looking at getting a new French door fridge during Black Friday anyway so I'm not too torn on this. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>1028474
Well if you live in the Seattle area lemme take it off ur hands
>>
OP here, appreaciate all the replies, sorry for being this late.
>>1027388
I might just try something like that next time it warms up.
>>1027479
Yea I noticed that while looking around on the internet, Samsung seems to have some basic design issues on older models.
>>1028053
>>1027385
I tried the lighter thing, seems the seals even for the little door are ok.
Might just get that leakage kit when I can...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.