[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I dye shit good? I ride a motorcycle but I cannot go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Knight-Rider-illustration.jpg (33KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Knight-Rider-illustration.jpg
33KB, 300x415px
How can I dye shit good?

I ride a motorcycle but I cannot go full space-elf motorcycle adventure $700 pants.

Occured to me the local thrift stores are induated with old acu army pants. They have a very abrasion resistant 50/50 nylon cotton ripstop and pockets in the knees that fit knee pads. That pattern is distinct and ugly. How can I dye these to make them less school-shootery?

Should I soak them in bleach to lighten the pattern?

I I live in an apartment and cannot use the washing machinea to dye shit.

I want them to be dark brown to look like normal people pants and to contrast with my black motorcycle gear.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1027234
You can buy clothes dye online.

Bleaching them first might just turn them pink but you should probably try it on one pair.

Sorry that's all I got. I've bleached jeans before, they turn white, but most clothes seem to turn pink.
>>
>>1027239
I was thinking to bleach these uniform pants to scrub the ugly digital pattern away then dye them. so there is no camo print evident after it's dyed.

I'm wondering if it's OK to bleach than dye or will it ruin the fabric or cause the dye to turn to poison gas or something.
>>
A
>>
File: M453Bt1[1].jpg (160KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
M453Bt1[1].jpg
160KB, 800x1200px
>>1027234
bleaching nylon isn't a good idea afaik; i think it weakens the fabric or something. either way i don't think the bleach will remove the camo pattern entirely

just use clothes dye and dye it something really dark; guys on the /fa/ diy threads do it all the time. the camo still shows up, but if you choose a good color (midnight blue, black, etc) it'll look fine
>>
Just wear thick denim jeans. I doubt ripstop BDUs with knee pads would protect more if you hit the pavement at 60MPH. In fact, I'd feel less safe wearing BDUs instead of my denims (not that denim is fantastic for sliding across pavement). You're paying $700 for material that will literally save your skin in an accident. Actually, $700 is crazy expensive unless you race on a track. You can buy decent motorcycle pants for $100. Not to be a buyfag, but if the choice is old BDUs or $100 cycle pants in a crash, I'm spending the $100.
>>
>>1027261
As someone whos hit the pavement multiple times at various speeds from 15 to 60mph in jeans. Shut your dirty whore mouth. Jeans suck dick and don't protect nothing.

As for you OP. You want hip, butt, knee, ankle protection at least. If you can sew. Sewing on some heavy leather onto these areas is a good idea. I've sewn my own leather/kevlar riding gloves and crashed in them once and still use them because they took like no damage (my legs in jeans did tho)

If you don't want to drop 700 dollars on space age pants. Theres some pretty decent like 300 dollar range jumpsuit gear that is pretty nice. Check revzilla.
>>
>>1027234
Buy black ACUs. They are reasonably affordable and you'd be buying surplus and dye so either way involves purchase.

Some things are good to /diy/ and some fuck up. Military pants look a lot worse when the dye promptly fades. Spray upholstery dye looks like ass too.
Fucking forget it so you don't waste the money I did looking for a solution.
Military pants are amazingly comfortable so it was worth a try.

Career milfag with MANY extra uniforms. (From OG 507 to ACU, all issued to me. I'm old.)

I either use them for chores or hem the pants into shorts. Uniform pants make excellent hiking shorts.
>>
BTW there is a shitload of used riding gear on Craigslist and Ebay for cheap, especially if you don't take very common sizes.

Lots of racing leathers, synthetic clothing (because leather is horrible in summer heat) and helmets.
>>
File: 980x.jpg (88KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
88KB, 960x638px
>>1027234
Don't waste your time or money. Get real gear that isnt going to dissasemble itself when it gets to meet pavement. You can get used leathers or nylon lowers for under 100 used easily, even if you have to get on ebay.
>>
>>1027234
don't waste your money, they will shred the instant you hit the ground on a bike like every other textile material does. even the textile motorcycle jackets are destroyed when you hit the ground, but they have padding to protect certain areas
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.