[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glass Door Foil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey!

I want to archive this kind of look for my office glas door. How is this done? Is it a flat-black-foil on the back of the door and plotted gold letters on the front side? Pic related.
>>
>>1026955
Graphic Designer/signage installer girlfriend says it's most likely a full height digital print on clear media, printed in reverse and applied to the back of the glass. There would be nothing on the front of the glass because anything that thin would not last unless sealed in. The lines on the lettering are too thin to have been cut from vinyl or foil, and foil is rarely used anyway she's telling me (because again, too hard to work reliably for smaller details)
>>
>>1026959
Further, she says check out solargard UV clear print PC2 vinyl to get this done on. We know it looks like there is decal on the front and rear, but the shadow is most likely printed.
>>
>>1026959
Thank you and your girlfriend, sir! I was sure there is sth on the frontside but as I looked closer it really looks like there are just printed shadows. Also it seems like the glass does not influence the color-brightness of the signs, thats why I thought it is on front. Sadly Google does not give me sth. for "solargard UV clear print PC2 vinyl"...
>>
>>1026963
Hmm, neither can I. Email me, [email protected] and I'll send you a datasheet. You can take that to a print house and they'l know what you're on about.
>>
>>1026959
If its an indoor install you could put the black on the back and gold on the front, but if its external facing it won't last for shit.
>>
>>1026967
it is for indoor use. wondering if this is a black-glass (smoke glass) door, or it is some kind of paper?
>>
>>1026968
I'd say opaque black vinyl on clear glass or you wouldn't see the shadow (assuming the shadow isn't printed)
>>
>>1026969
if it is vinyl it looks like it has a matte finish or so?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.