[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silicone mold-making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Bad_dragon_logo.jpg (33KB, 793x253px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_dragon_logo.jpg
33KB, 793x253px
Hey, /diy/
I'm making a silicone mold of these:
http://bad-dragon.com/products/teenieweenies

The mold will be used for making gummy and/or chocolate candies.

I'm not exactly sure how to make a silicone mold that's non-toxic. I've heard of people using silicone caulk for that, but would it be safe?
>>
>>1026614
Probably not, would not consume. Google for better options.

1/10 bait, made the pervert diyer in me respond
>>
>>1026616
Bait? Dude, I'm just tryinna make little dragon-dick chocolates.
>>
>>1026614
2 things

1.) this is more a question for /ck/
2.) hardware store grade mold making medium might not be safe for food grade applications, and it isn't prone to telling you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOA25X2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thkiofra0f-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00EOA25X2&linkId=626feb023eadb7999f5d11977cb041e8

I also suggest that you carefully coat your draco-dongs in PAM or other non-stick chemicals because the silicone may decide to stick...

like, a LOT of PAM....I'd tell you to dip the dongs in hot wax to be sure of a non-stick.

and as ever, no silicone based lubricants on the dongs

finally, to make a simple standing mold, steal some childs LEGOS and use the bricks to make the mold they seem to naturally resist sticking...
>>
>>1026636
>Child's LEGOs
Dawg, LEGO is appropriate for all ages.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. The only problem is that I think that a 2.2lb kit is a little excessive. Though I could just use some of the mix and save more for when I eventually by a full-sized bad-dragon dildo. Makin' big ol' chocolate dicks and such.
>>
>>1026641
I was acutally running on the assumption that you(like me and so many others) left their LEGOs in their parents attic and may not remember where they are or have mostly bricks

eh, never hurts to have a lot of that material, making molds especially if you're making molds like that with a lot of empty volume takes more medium than you think...
>>
>>1026618
If you're serious, you can try cornstarch for the mold if you don't mind having one side flat. Don't know how much to compress it, you'll have to play around. It's a pretty common technique for candy manufacturers.
>>
>>1026650
I still buy LEGO sets and display them on my desks and tables.

It's kinda funny how the teenie weenies are cheaper than the actual molding material. If I have some left-over space to work with, I could always slap in some extra stuff like LEGO bricks or RPG dice to make full use of this mold. Dicks, bricks, and dice all in the same mold...
>>
>>1026659
see, now I'm trying to figure out how to optimize that for maximum weird candy...DAMMIT 4CHAN...
>>
>>1026661
I don't have the dongs, so I don't know what the volume would be. It's especially uncertain since the teenie weenies are blind-bags. Also, I might end up getting a model of one of the penetrable toys (like flashlights, but essentially bestiality). Those look boring and shit, not nearly as interesting. I'll have to e-mail or call them up and see if I can't get them to put just dicks in there.
>>
>>1026667
>I'll have to e-mail or call them up and see if I can't get them to put just dicks in there.
awww, but thats booring.

and there's no need to clarify whats what with me....I enjoy my position as a maker of small goods for the local kink community...
>>
>>1026670
Those penetrable toys are basically a tube with a vag-cap. Sure, I'd like to own a full-sized for other purposes, but a teenie one would look boring as little candies.

Also, I really hope that I don't get one of the hemipene ones. Those would be awkward as fuck. Alternatively, I could get the keychain ones. That way I know exactly what I am getting, and I can wear one on my lanyard with a mix of shame and pride.
>>
>>1026614
>This is a SFW board. No fleshlights or other sex toys
>>
>>1026914
while that may be the case, what he's really asking is about food grade silicone molding and mold making...
>>
File: molestable_01.png (10KB, 1200x1302px) Image search: [Google]
molestable_01.png
10KB, 1200x1302px
>>1026614
>I'm not exactly sure how to make a silicone mold that's non-toxic. I've heard of people using silicone caulk for that, but would it be safe?
Silicone caulking and aquarium sealant is one-part silicone. The clear aquarium stuff isn't toxic after it's cured (they use it inside fish tanks ya know?) but it only cures normally if you use it in layers of about 1/8" inch or less.
It doesn't work if you spread it in layers deeper than about 1/4-inch because it won't cure on the inside. It cures by releasing ammonia that is used to keep it liquid. If you spread it too deep, the top cures over first and that prevents the inside ammonia from getting out,,,, for weeks and weeks. Heating it won't help.

Plus--you cannot spread multiple thin layers on each other, as they will just peel apart. They will not bond to each other permanently. If you want a thick piece, you gotta pour it all at once.

I have also tried the corn-starch DIY-Sugru thing, and it sucks balls. It's not like the real stuff. With the corn starch version--by the time that it is cured enough to be able to handle, it is already cured into the basic shape that its going to be in. If there was NO WAY that you could get the real Sugru, then the corn-starch shit might work. If you can choose tho, the real stuff is expensive but works much better.

If you want to make thicker pieces of silicone for anything, then you need to buy 2-part casting silicone.
There is different kinds and it's all rather expensive, but it works like it's supposed to.
Note that there are particular mold releases you have to use, and silicone molds aren't good for casting some other materials.
>>
>>1026614
>I've heard of people using silicone caulk for that, but would it be safe?
don't do that

>>1026949
>you need to buy 2-part casting silicone
do this

there are food grade kits in the $20 range on amzn
>>
>>1026614
i would cut a paper divider so the dragon dongs fit neatly in the hole with the bases open at the top, then use corn starch to make two sides of a clam-shell mold. pour chocolate down the opening and let set.

alternatively you could look on smooth-cast's site for food grade casting supplies.
https://www.smooth-on.com/applications/food-applications/
>>
I thought I was safe from you faggots on diy and out. Fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>1028619
dude...it's a novelty candy mold, chill out.

it's not like we're discussing the finer points of sex-furniture carpentry, or dungeon composition and arrangement.
>>
File: 20160722_082455.jpg (4MB, 2120x2668px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_082455.jpg
4MB, 2120x2668px
Dickfarmer checking in. Google food grade 2 part silicone. Get a couple gallon jugs off amazon and mix them together. Mix very well. Youtube silicone mold making will help.
>>
>>1031170
>Dickfarmer
Truely the most noble of trades.
>>
>>1026614
Has anyone put those in shotgun shells and used them for home defense yet?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467399213395.jpg (39KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467399213395.jpg
39KB, 528x960px
>>1031175
Thank u anon. I take a lot of pride in my work considering it started of a a jerkoff joke on /b
>>
Truly the ancient saves were right - no matter where you go, there you 4chan
>>
>>1031357
>>1031170
What is this material? aluminium? Do you need any special silicone for that?
Are you selling these? Do people buy this stuff or what do you do with that?
>>
>>1031357
Are, A-r-e-ee... Those ... Functional?
>>
>>1031815
Fuck no. Any material with holes/fractures on it is completely unsutable for sexual use, as they harbor and support the growth of bacteria that will give you hell after more than a few uses. And no amount of soap will get all the germs off of it.

So theyre just display items unfortunately.

>>1031772
Yes, medical/food/consumption grade silicone is a must.

Same with the mold, it must be near perfectly smooth.
>>
>>1026614
My friend and I actually do this to amuse ourselves, so I'll bite. This stuff is food safe:
https://www.smooth-on.com/products/smooth-sil-940/

Make sure you get mold release if you're going to directly cast them, otherwise you're just going to end up with a solid silicone block of disappointment.
>>
>>1031815
lol NO! as last anon said must be better quality. I used petrobond. Not to mention lead poisoning. Just a gag gift for now.
>>
>>1031772

These in particular are just lead paperweights. I use a lead pour pot and ram plastic dicks into petrobond. Look up green sand casting. Its the same. Mostly gag gifts and paperweights. Ive casted some with bolts for hood ornaments.

I have made some in aluminum bit my current setup has a lot of faults and is a bitch to run.

I have molds for soaps and candles and working on concrete lawn ornaments and jewelry. Pretty much anything i can fatham.

Ive sold a few and used some as currency to purchase more lead.

I have tried high temp 2 part mold silicone but melted the molds. Not sure why.
>>
>>1031357
Did someone order a bowl of dicks?
>>
>>1032591
You're a true dickfarmer. A cocksmith of legend.

Did you consider making door handles, fridge magnets, dumbbells, knife handles?
>>
>>1032619
Not yet, but i have threatened people and 100% am bringing one to a party after i get $700 for a custom machined aluminum mold.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467399180067.jpg (138KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467399180067.jpg
138KB, 960x720px
>>1032624
Umm yes. Aside from door hamdle. Hill add to the list good sir. Thank u anon. Cocksmith reference makes me chuckle every single fucking time.

And maybe some smart anon can answer. Bit, i bought super awesom rare earth magnets and casted them into some dicks. The idea being i would get them just below the flat surface on the back, glue felt to it, and dickfarm peoples cars.

But i can barely detect faint magnetism with a screwdriver.

Is it the heat?

Unmagnetic lead disbursement of magnetism?

This whole dickfarm thing is a very trying experience.

But, a year ago when i promised anon free dicks i swore to everything in my power OP would deliver. And i will anon. I'm close. And i just got a part time job to fund my habbit/adDICKtion/charity.
>>
>>1032650
>cast magnets inside molten lead

yeah, that's not good for pretty much any magnet.
Rework your mold to have a void there and epoxy the magnet in after the fact.
>>
File: edible-cupcake-topper-1.jpg (115KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
edible-cupcake-topper-1.jpg
115KB, 600x450px
have you considered vacu-forming a sheet of plastic? specifically i'm thinking of those wilton chocolate molds
>>
>>1032691
Will do. Thanks. That was the plan, assuming i couldnt just turn the heat down or something.

Not trying to be lazy. I just want mass production to be done as much as possible on my own.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.