[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Tracking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mmo9vftK0k1rcjztjo1_1280.jpg (350KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmo9vftK0k1rcjztjo1_1280.jpg
350KB, 1280x853px
Been getting some pretty fucked up messages sent to a family member from this uk mobile - 07490973104 is there anyway of finding out who this belongs to? Would be much appreciated

Pic for attention
>>
>>1025787
Call your phone company and have them block the number.
>>
the subject of the messages makes me want to find out who it is, to find out the truth so blocking would do the opposite
>>
>>1025787
If its some really nasty harassment you can go directly to the police if there's no joy with the service provider and they'll pursue it
>>
>>1025802
Oh no did they hurt you feelings?
>>
don't mean to sound unappreciative but i'd rather not involve police and risk people finding out, i'd like to find the person myself ideally to confront them
>>
>>1025812
There's a few ways of doing it, but they all require access to the phone company's records- which they have their own departments to look after and are extremely wary of giving out due to security and privacy. This is made even more complicated if they used an IP based message service, in which case you've got another company to contact as well.
>>
how do you think i could go about at least stepping in the right direction? would hiring someone be the best route? ideally not a private investigator though
>>
Call it from a pay phone and see who picks up
>>
Jesus fuck - not to be crass, but, did you ever consider phonng the fucking thing? Y'know, use a bit of social enginering?

If you paying ;) Im in the UK.. but, in general, threads like this are a bad idea,for obv. reasons - you could have asked without posting the full number, whch makes me suspect you be not entirely unretarded yourself.
>>
>>1025821
Like I said- go through the service provider and see what they can do.
Likely you'll get the first obstacle of 'is it your phone?' and no- its a relatives so the relative has to give authorisation for you to investigate on their behalf.
Police, which takes the whole problem out of it by just going through their normal channels to find and if need be, prosecute someone for misuse of a carriage service
Lastly, hit up the darknet, find a hacker who can trace it and run the risk of them fucking you over later on (+ its illegal pretty much anywhere) and if you get caught as an accessory due to them fucking up, your anus will be in court.

Course you probably want to confront them, beat the piss out of them or whatever and that's got its own risks, like a shotgun to the face
>>
yeah was thinking of phoning, but i phoned as soon as they began to be sent so i assume the person realised i was associated. i'm also not tryna involve anyone else i know personally because of the subject matter. in regards to posting the phone number doesn't bother me really, if they get phone calls whatever, if they see i wanna find them whatever? you know
>>
>>1025787
"do it yourself"
>>
gonna give calling them a crack you never know they may slip up and give me a last name. would looove to find someone who could find out for me privately, i have strong suspicions just looking on any form of confirmation. then finding them wouldnt be hard, guess last resort will be the feds, i can't see them wanting to help really
>>
So I take it this started three days ago?
>>
in fact it was just earlier today, what makes you ask?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160721-104112.png (175KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160721-104112.png
175KB, 1080x1920px
>>1025846
>>
hmmm interesting, do you think they're possibly fake comments just for the site though?
>>
they seemed kinda personal, you know
>>
Don't call the number dumbass.
Its a toll number and you will get dicked by a big ass phone bill.
>>
>>1025788
>Call your phone company and have them block the number.
or not.......
you can get apps that will block phone numbers--either send them straight to the voice mail, or just disconnect them
(at least in the US) the mobile phone company would probably just tell you to do that yourself
>>
>>1025812
>don't mean to sound unappreciative but i'd rather not involve police and risk people finding out, i'd like to find the person myself ideally to confront them
the glorious thing to do here is you buy a new cheap phone, and then write an app that dials that number,,,,,, every 60 seconds,,,,,, and then hangs up.
over and over again, every 60 seconds, until,,,,,,,, something.
>>
>>1025787
If the Uk system is like the Ireland one, you can put in a 5 after the prefix to go straight to their voicemail. If they set it up you'll hear their message. If they didn't you can listen to their voicemails with the password 1234 or 0000

eg 07490973104 becomes 074950973104 or something
>>
OP is trying to get us to call this number. It's a scam. We have something like this going on in the US right now, people get their social media accounts fished and then a message from them pops up saying to call the number for various reasons. I got texts from one, asking if I was a "boy girl", talking about me downloading a video game, and saying they knew I was on drugs. Baiting, knowing eventually they'd hit someone who'd take it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.