[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/ challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: acfaf[1].jpg (9KB, 414x220px) Image search: [Google]
acfaf[1].jpg
9KB, 414x220px
This is a Roth Steyr 1907 stripper clip.

They sell for $100-$200.

additional view

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/4007130740/8777189/4a04a79e9ea9af2ed226994eae442a2f.jpg

in use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xvCNEUnT4Y

Think of a way to make them. So you can sell them for less than $100 and turn a profit. while being mindful that it will small batches.
>>
Fuck you OP, if you want to make money, you go do the legwork. This is /diy/, not /doitforyou/. Go take some sheet metal classes.
>>
>>1025590
You pretty much just told Ian of forgotten weapons, /k/s god, to fuck off, you dildo.

Mind your manners when we have an actual pro here. We don't see that often.
>>
>>1025594
>implying
>NYPA

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>1025574
Not your personal army and fuck off.
>>
I figured out how to do it at minimal cost long ago.
Now I dare you to do the /containerbunker/ challenge, fag.
>>
>>1025594
Being a fanboy on 4chan. Why you do this?
>>
>>1025594
>We have an actual pro here

Whoopty shit. There are pros here every day anon. And they don't try to use us to make money in a thinly veiled "do my job" post. If he were a pro he'd have figured it out himself already. As has been stated, NYPA.

Oh, and for the most part, fuck /k/. Bunch of chest pounding, cock thumping sperglords, the vast majority of whom have NO idea about firearms or how to use them.
>>
>>1025574
>Think of a way to make them. So you can sell them for less than $100 and turn a profit. while being mindful that it will (be) small batches. ....
Ummm.... it's just metal stampings?

The reason they're so rare is because there's not enough demand to pay for the tooling costs.
>>
>>1025643
but they are expensive enough. that you could turn a nice profit off them. If you could figure out how to make them in small amounts, cost effectively.

printed ABS plastic probably wouldn't stand up to multiple uses. though it would make a decent positive for a mold. you could cast the parts. Then heat treat them to make them more durable.

or you could CNC it from steel blocks.
>>
>>1025646
>you could turn a nice profit off them
If the market is 2 clips per year, not really.
And better hope you don't need to buy an obscure antique gun for testing and/or one of those overpriced clips for model.
>>
File: 1463916744584.jpg (53KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
1463916744584.jpg
53KB, 650x427px
>>1025651
Yet another reason OP hasn't used his own hands and head often.

You'd want to cater to the /k/-tier weapon fetishists/collectors. Offer them a "tactical" carbon-fiber model with an integrated window spike or one cast of 24k gold encrusted with diamonds on a made-to-order basis. The profit margin would still be shit unless you cover a variety of clip-standards to order for.

Even then nobody would buy it because it's beyond stupid.
>>
File: 1436522869344.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1436522869344.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>1025594
How do you know who OP is? I thought this was an anonymous board.

Also, big difference between famous and professional. As mentioned by other posters, it's doubtful that a professional would seek advice from 4chan. Personally, I've never even heard of the person or TV show that you mentioned.

Also, OP forgot to mention how much of a cut we get for solving his problem. Doesn't sound like this is an amateur trying to fix his own gun, so I'd say some engineering fees apply. Given that his question was phrased in the form of a command, I'd require atleast 65% myself.
>>
is there a spring in these?

lowest overhead method- smash them out by hand
most profit/least repeatable

medium overhead- cnc them, very repeatable but will not be ass profitable

more than medium- continues extrusion die making the stripper profile and then secondary machining operation to finish

most overhead -custom die, stamping them out of probably steel
maxxx profits

or do it /po/ style where you wirecut/lazer the pre-bend shape and then using a series of custom forming jigs bend/stamp them yourself into shape

the last one is probably most realistic and will yeild decent results but would be time consuming

i dont really /k/ but i think op was trying to start more of a dialog than requesting shit

either way
>>
>>1025712
the most realistic way is to repurpose a very available clip that fits the bullets.

the charger that pushes down on the ammo. that can be printed easily.

Then you just need to add the feet to the bottom of the clip. Preferably by cutting away material from an existing clip.
>>
>>1025574
>Think of a way to make them. So you can sell them for less than $100 and turn a profit. while being mindful that it will small batches.

Setup is same as for mass production at lower markup to make same money.

Otherwise, take one apart, make CAD drawing of original, then translate into machined parts instead of stamped and have one large batch made to keep setup cost per unit low, then sell small batches over time.
>>
>>1025594
You can suck my balls. How's that for manners?
>>
>>1025574
>They sell for $100-$200.
Because they're antiques, not because they're some marvel of engineering actually worth a hundred bones.

If you tried to sell DIY'd up ones on Armslist, you'd get nothing for them because they're just some stamped metal and springs to hold rounds for a gun no one owns.
>>
>>1027224
They're stupidly rare and necessary to load the pistol. There must be some demand for them, since two european ammo companies still make 8mm Roth-Steyr.
>>
>>1028179
I inherited a bunch of diagnostic equipment for crt tvs years ago, I can fix them up easily now. I could probably charge $75/hour and some nerd would pay me that so he can play super Nintendo "as it was intended", but how often do you think I could find someone to pay me to do it? I'll give you a hint, a majority of crt users in my area do so because they can't afford a newer tv, and a thrift store TV is $20. A majority of people who own them for retro gayman hand picked a good one or took whatever free one they can find.

So, people that can't afford it won't pay me, and people who have money will probably buy something newer and higher quality as opposed to a late 60s floor unit.

People don't drive classic cars if they can't afford to keep them running, if people can't afford to keep them running they definitely won't be driving them.

People who have that gun can likely afford the piece, people who can't afford that piece probably don't own the gun.

Basically, $100 isn't a lot for a serious collector, selling a homemade one for $80 isn't going to bring more people out of the woodwork now that they can save $20, and in the end it's a very niche part, like knobs for a car stereo from the 70s. You could make money, but it won't be a ton of money, because there aren't going to be a lot of people looking for it.

Not counting production costs, selling even 5 a month is less than what you'd make working fast food.
>>
>>1028179
No, there's not really that much demand. You've got Fiocchi and PPU making ammo for a gun that's rare as hell, and who's accessories go for more than the gun itself.

You'd never make any money on the charging clip.

>BONUS! It can be loaded without a stripper, it's just a pain in the ass
>>
>>1025715
This. Just in from the garage after three minutes of Google and seven minutes of screwing around. 5.56 rim diameter = .378, antique bastard round rim diameter = .348. Rounded up a 5.56 stripper clip and even sacrificed a piece of match brass for you assholes. Chucked it up in my DEWALT drill (the best kind cause YELLOW), filed the rim to .348, and guess what, it works! Some judicious use of pliers may be necessary for perfect function, but that took roughly 30 seconds and a jig could be made. The plunger can be replaced with your thumb, and I'll bet the feet on the bottom aren't nearly as important as one might think. Done. Now go make your milluuns of dollurs manufacturing 5.56 stripper clips.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.