[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural hayfever remedies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: iStock_hayfeverwoman_1.jpg (49KB, 699x293px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_hayfeverwoman_1.jpg
49KB, 699x293px
Not sure if this is the place to post but here goes. I get really bad hay fever, and I've tried over the counter drugs and prescription ones. Nothing seems to help much, I want to try something natural. Does anyone have any experience in making something to alleviate the symptoms or methods that help. I figured someone on here must have sorted their own in a diy way. Ironically captcha shows me flowers ffs.
>>
>>1025018
Can someone link this gentleman the /diy/ brand air filter picture please
>>
>>1025018
Live in a plastic bubble
>>
>>1025039
Thanks /b/
>>
If possible get some local honey, the pollens in the honey will help your system get used to them as they've already started breaking down
A humidifier in your home well help dampen the pollen so it remains less air born
>>
>>1025053
Ill give the honey a go, I've already been looking at humidifiers as I'm locking myself in the house with a fan on when I'm not at work and the air is very dry.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
flush your sinuses with water, look up how.
or just buy loratadine you fag
>>
>>1025018
Onion juice, garlic juice, and local honey all mixed together. Seriously.
Also consider Pe Min Kan Wan pills, or other allergy pills made by Plum Flower (you can get these off Amazon). I also have heard that stinging nettle tea is a natural antihistamine.
>>
>>1025312
Honey gets mentioned a lot for home remedies I think I'll try some by itself first then your recipe and go from there. Cheers.
>>
spicey food with plenty of onion and garlic seems to work well
>>
Once I get some bees I should really market little things of honey as allergy relief.
>>
>>1025510
Op here, there's a product called haymax, basically beeswax and you rub a little on the bottom of your nose, it's not perfect but helps a little. That could be another spin off for you.
>>
>>1025312
That's a great decongestant generally great for cold season too, if you can handle it, a couple of teaspoons of turmeric per dose as the mixture cools, it works incredibly well but does not taste good and your mucous will taste of turmeric too
>>1025452
It needs to be local honey so you're getting the pollens from the breeds that are causing you problems, unpasteurised honey has slight antiseptic effects but it's not really cold or allergy fighting
>>
OTC drugs like zyrtec, Allegra, or claritin all take a few days to really take effect as you build up a baseline. Don't just take one and then complain when it doesn't work in an hour. I've been taking Allegra or zyrtec for years now as someone who suffers from numerous seasonal and year-round allergies (yes, *allergies* motherfucker, this isn't the god damn 20's. you're probably not a farmer reacting to dust and little bugs in dry grasses, and it's not a fever)

And fuck off with your "natural remedies" bullshit. Unless it has an antihistamine present in it your garlic-thistle crystal infused poultice isn't going to do dick for your unwanted immune reaction.
>>
>>1025588
If every summer sniffle wasn't an "allergy" in fkn advertising there would be a clearer line between what's suggested here and an allergy, most "hay fever" suffers are having an immune response via the respitory system to an irritant (pollen), that's where the natural stuff here that is mostly decongestant and relieving the symptoms but won't do shit with the actual medical definition of allergies you have where by your body cannot process pollen etc in anyway and had to treat it like a toxin rather than irritant, where medical intervention is required with antihistamines
All those fkn antihistamines make me stoned without the fun part so the only option is relief though other remedies and there's only so long I can take a OTC decongestant before I look and act like a tweaker, which maybe an issue for OP and others too
>>
>>1025540

Genius. Thanks, lad.
>>
File: ige.no.jpg (106KB, 599x315px) Image search: [Google]
ige.no.jpg
106KB, 599x315px
>>1025632
(1/2)
I think it's time for a science lesson.

Allergies result from a complex process in which B cells are inappropriately ordered to produce IgE from an initial exposure to an exogenous chemical. There are specialized white blood cells in your body called Dendritic Cells, whose purpose is to examine exogenous material they stumble upon and determine if something’s dangerous or not. Ordinarily, they do their job just fine - for example, if they stumble upon a bacterium, they’ll know that it’s dangerous, and relay its presence to the lymph nodes, but will ignore mundane things such as food.
In an allergy, for unknown reasons, the dendritic cells come into contact with any harmless substance (e.g. pollen) , but instead of ignoring it, freak the fuck out and immediately collect a shitload of whatever this stuff was that triggered it and travel to the lymph nodes. Once there, they whine to convince B cells to produce an antibody called IgE with a specific configuration to match the stuff (called an ‘antigen’) the DCs brought with them. The IgE then enters circulation, and it primes two types of WBCs called Mast Cells and Basophils (they do the same thing, except MCs are tissue bound while Basophils circulate).
Mast Cells and Basophils are suicide bombers. The IgE acts essentially as a wanted poster - commanding these two cell types to commit suicide should they run into the antigen in the future. When these cells commit suicide, they release a shitload of two chemicals - Histamine and Heparin. These two chemicals cause blood vessels in the surrounding tissue to dilate and leak fluid around them, causing swelling, and in mucous membranes, excess mucosal secretion and itching.
And there you go, allergies.
>>
>>1025847
(2/2)

So how do you treat this, you may wonder? There’s a few ways to go about it.
The most obvious is to block the final step in the chain - that is, to prevent the histamine from binding to blood vessels, which have histamine receptors on them. Antihistamines come in various forms, but it’s important to note that some are more potent than others. Specifically, there’s a grouping of two categories - First and Second generation.
First Generations are agents like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and Chlorpheniramine. They’re potent, and act fast - a relief of symptoms is typically seen within 2 hours of a dose. The only downside is the drowsiness - Histamine also has a second role as a neuromodulator in the hypothalamus, where it acts to increase arousal and alertness. 1st generation agents typically penetrate the blood-brain-barrier quite well, and block histamine from doing its job in the brain. Thus, drowsiness.
The Second Generation agents are newer - like Zyrtec, Claratin, and Allegra. These agents don’t cross the BBB as well as the former - and, cause less drowsiness. Unfortunately, they’re not as potent, and may require repeat dosing to notice effects.

Any other routes? Why yes, indeed.
You can use corticosteroids topically in the nose to reduce the overall response to the allergen. Steroids play a complex role in regulating the immune system, but ultimately make immune cells less sensitive to chemical signals, and cause some to even die off. They’ll lower the localized mast cell count, and reduce eosinophil and basophil migration if a response does occur (i.e. not as bad of a runny nose). Flonase and Nasacort are available OTC in the USA, I don’t know about other places. They take repeat dosing - steroids act slowly and gradually alter function. It takes about 3 days of use before you’ll see anything.

Herbs, honey, and other natural bullshit remedies are nothing but that - Pure, unadulterated bullshit.
You’re welcome.
>>
>>1025850
Op here. I've tried all the big name brand antihistamines and some of the cheap ones just to see what works. They do give me some relief but things like the nasal sprays and eye drops seem to irritate me more and trigger more sneezing than without them. I just want to see what's naturally available as it might be less likely to make things worse. I get that on paper medical treatment is best but people always react differently to medicine.
>>
>>1025997
It really comes down to if you have an allergy as per the brilliant explanation above or need to get rid of the sniffles brought on by pollen mistaken/advertised as "allergy"
Given pollen is a plants way of reproducing are we suffering the effects of floral nose rape?
>>
This guy on /out/ says drinking your piss will make it go away

>>819393
>>
>>1026332
Sorry I don't know how to link on the new Clover. It's the "what's in your first aid kit" thread. He says drink your piss and you'll be grand

What's the worst that can happen (please report back)
>>
>>1026214
I get the itchy blocked/runny nose and itchy eyes you'd expect with hayfever. I didn't develop it until I was 15, and some years it hardly affects me at all, this year's a killer. I've never been allergic to anything else.
>>
>>1026341
I'll have a look, would need a bit research before trying it though. "Drink your own piss" sounds like any troll in any thread on 4chan, so I don't think I'll rush into trying it.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1026448
It'll work for desert survival but too much will raise the e-coli levels in your system, after a few "cycles" you'll have issues
This doesn't mean it's safe to drink someone else's, I doubt the validity of it for hay-fever and should only be tried unless hydration by other means is impossible
>>
>>1026448
Mr. Bear Gryllz
>>
>>1025540
this.

the wifers and I tried this before a trip to a big ass local lake, (ie: alergin central) and it worked.

it wasn't perfect and it left a weird film later, but it's a good shot
>>
>>1025018
try fenuthyme on amazon, its just fenugreek and thyme in a pill form - been taking it for years now in place of pseudofed
>>
>>1029717
How's those lactating man tits treating you? Fenugreek in larger doses will definitely help with milk production.
>>
>>1025018
Have you tried honey from local bee hives?
>>
loratidine is cheap and works wonders for me
>>
You need local honey. Look it up
>>
File: 1467077048795.jpg (28KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467077048795.jpg
28KB, 375x500px
>>1029733
>lactating man tits
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.