[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't trust these pieces of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_tHcooEyd.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4L_tHcooEyd.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
They always seem flimsy and narrow and I always imagine falling off them.

>is there another, better alternative to accessing attic space than this?
>willing to do some serious carpentry or whatever else.
>want to store big heavy ass shit up there and these things look like they'll buckle under my fatass, sending me sprawling and breaking ally glass bones
>>
>>1024578
>don't trust these
How bigga boy are ya?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYRhrk4lbG4
>>
>>1024581
Big enough that me carrying anything of substance will overpower these tinfoil ladders.

Also, have to crab walk up these steep stairs cause my thighs and knees just start hitting everything.
>>
>>1024578
>is there another, better alternative to accessing attic space than this?

An actual fixed stairway, built to the appropriate building & fire codes for your location.

>these things look like they'll buckle

They are not going to buckle, you fucking sperg.
>>
>>1024578
You can get them made out of wood

You can get an extension ladder and take out the drop ladder. Just bring the extension and set it up whenever. You can get a fiberglass extension ladder, much more stable.
>>
>>1024590
>They are not going to buckle
In fairness to OP, you get some right flimsy shit loft-ladders, lot of which I wouldn't trust carrying weight either.

No shill, but the Telesteps telescopic things (Sweedish) are pretty good quality - you really need to get the sizing correct tho (come in about three different sizes) - mines slightly too big (becuse cheap..) - is not ideal, but still 1000% improvement over the filthy cheap shit.
>>
Get a Stira from Ireland. Fucking bulletproof
>>
>>1024578
Likely not going to break. But if you don't want a fixed staircase like >>1024590
Suggests. You could get or build a folding wood staircase that would go up into the attic. I've seen a lot of older houses that have these. Pretty damn convenient, and yes, way the fuck better than trying to carry shit on a wobbly aluminum ladder.
>>
A vertical staircase-ladder hybrid made of solid and treated wood. Make it so you can collapse it and store it in the attic. You could also just make a rope ladder.
>>
>>1024585
pussy
>>
File: 4812208430_072aa8fa13_z[1].jpg (168KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
4812208430_072aa8fa13_z[1].jpg
168KB, 481x640px
>>1024578
I will be adding one of these to the attic of my in-law's house because it's above a 13-foot ceiling. And trying to get anything up the ladder when it's that tall is dangerous.

Pretty easy to make. You just need to make a frame for the hoist platform then attach the cable hoist itself to the rafters securely.
>>
>>1024721
That's a slick setup. Thanks for posting.

I might anchor the winch mount to the rafters a bit better but I tend to lift heavy things.
>>
>>1024578
>>is there another, better alternative to accessing attic space than this?
Hire a neighbor teen that isn't a fatass like you.
>>
>>1024578
Make sure your rafters are up to snuff to support of the weight of your hoarder stash. Before it possibly comes down on ya.

>whattaya mean these 2x4s trusses can't support 10 tons of my imitation crab meat
>>
>>1024721
that looks pretty awesome but i hope you did the structural calculations for it, rafters carry VERY different loads and stresses compared to floor joists. its not just pulling the roof down its pushing it out too.
>>
>>1024721
I always thought these were cool, but my main concern would be if someone were to ride up (inb4 not suppose to ride it), that it would in some way fail or fall apart.
>>
>>1024581
holy shit I forgot about RDM my dad taught me about him yeaaaaaaars ago
>>
File: 11222.jpg (81KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
11222.jpg
81KB, 700x471px
Instal one of these you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>1024578
Lose weight
>>
>>1024644
>carrying things
>rope ladder
/thread
>>
>>1025320
I'm planning to just build a frame so that the load transfers to the joists of the attic as opposed to the rafters.
>>1025508
Mount the frame of the hoist on springs, then put switches under that mount.

If you buy a set of springs to match the intended load of the hoist you can wire the switches to a relay to cut off power to the hoist if the load limit is exceeded.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.