[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas on how to Keep this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160717_111754.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_111754.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
My son threw a rock that broke the this glass but I like the way it looks and I'm too cheap to replace it. Is there anyway to secure the glass with glue or some type of film? The window is triple pane with glass only being in the center of the pane.
>>
>>1024018
Instill discipline into your child, front leaning rest position move
>>
I'm sure if you really wanted, you could just slather the thing with epoxy.
>>
>>1024018
>My son threw a rock that broke the this glass but I like the way it looks and I'm too cheap to replace it.
It is safety-tempered glass, and it's supposed to do that.
(It is supposed to completely shatter into tiny dull pieces, if it is cracked anywhere at all)

The problem with using most kinds of adhesive plastic film is that the adhesive and the plastic change when exposed to UV light--the adhesive either hardens or gets less sticky, and the plastic film tends to go opaque (it doesn't stay clear). It may not be saveable.

What you could do is go to a glass shop and show this picture to them and ask if they can get any glass that looks like this.

You might have to build the window yourself, you can make it double-pane easily but there would be little sense in making it triple-pane since it wouldn't be nitrogen sealed anyway. ...So it wouldn't insulate and stay clear in winter like a 'real' triple-pane window, but it would still be better than a single pane.
>>
>>1024066
> dull pieces
The pieces are sharp as fuck they are just so small that they don't carry enough force to hurt you.
If you smash safety glass inside your house usually you are still picking bits out of your feet weeks or months later and its store and you will bleed. But its better than smashing normal glass and half of a heavy as fuck window drops on you with enough force to slice through your spine.
It's also much stronger than normal glass, I smashed up an old shower screen and it took a few goes with a club hammer. I was nervous the first time but I gave it a pretty good hit a few more times before it exploded.
Your son must have really hated that window.
>>
Vacuum up glass fragments with shop vac after covering filter with panty hose. (You'll never need to buy another filter.) Replace window. Fuck being that autistically cheap. It's a safety issue.
>>
>>1024070
The issue is that tempered glass isn't strong, it's hard. If you hit it with an object hard enough (Like a rock with a particulate on it harder than glass) then it'll instantly explode
You can observe this by throwing little itty bitty bits of ceramic at tempered glass and having them fucking detonate
>>
>>1024096
I like your vocabulary
>>
>>1024234
thanks anon
Read books and your vocabulary will grow without it seeming like you spend each night hunched over a thesaurus like some neck beards sound
>>
>>1024284
Reading books, huh? Must be a lot of fictional material with no actual practical experience, because modern glass resists the old "loljustthrowsparkplugceramicatglasslol."
Fucking tool.
>>
>>1024018
You would need to use an epoxy like they use on thick bar tops. its hard to work with. depends on temps/humidity. probably get some bubbles you dont want. you would have to take the door off and do it on each side.

also your house would look abandoned. and just tempt some people to break in. they make textured stained glass.
>>
Plastic film on both sides like the stuff they use for car window tints but clear.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.