[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mini fridge issues.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Fridge has worked fine for a little over a year, since I got it new.

I come in to work and find the compressor buzzing louder than it usually does.

Think OK, I just need to defrost it and get rid of all that ice that has accumulated in the freezer.

Do this and wipe it out dry and such, plug it back in. Seems to work fine.

For the next the 3 days I never hear it turn off the compressor like its supposed to. I say, well there must be an inordinate amount of heat associate with this.

Sure enough, I reach my hand back there and feel immense heat coming from the compressor. I even touched it and got a first degree burn.

The fucks going on here? Its unplugged until I can figure this out. Nothing was in the fridge the last 3 days.

Also, all that heat was going right into the fridge, so maybe it was an endless loop of trying to cool the interior but couldn't so it worked continuously?

Pic related, is the fridge in question.
>>
>>1016051
The receiver/filter in the *freon loop is probably clogged and the compressor is just pumping against the blockage causing the high temp.
The inside is hot because it gets no cooling and the heat from the compressor is transferred to the inside.
These units are cheap and repair would be more than the cost of a new one.
>>
>>1016051
There are a few basic reasons why a compressor would overheat.
The big problem is, in HVAC you can break down a system and fix it easily.

Even if you did figure out exactly what the cause was, you arent going to break down and repair a fridge like this. All of the issues are internal problems, like bad oil or low freon, or a bad valve or anything like that causing high head pressure.

You dont have the tools to do it, and hourly work from someone who does will cost as much as a new fridge.
>>
>>1016068
>>1016065
Thanks guys, appreciate the insight. It does cool somewhat but has clearly faulted in a serious manner.

I think I paid $49 for it new and it lasted me a little over a year, for a no name brand I suppose that's acceptable.

I certainly won't be able to do anything about fixing it so I suppose I'll dispose of it and get another.
>>
>>1016051
How'd you get rid of the ice? Something sharp?
>>
>>1016165
No, it melts relatively quickly when you unplug it. Then after 15 mins you can easily remove by hand. That's what I did.
>>
>>1016244
If there was so much ice, it means its cooling & working. Keep using it till it burns out
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.