[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amateur Aluminium and wire Flowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7026.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7026.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>Mr relationship: tl;dr version
Tragic. But I still want to give her something before she moves outside of the country to Mormon-land. The idea I have is to make a bunch of flowers, attach them to a natural-looking and elegant structure and fit it all inside a metal tea box.
The flowers are the easy part
>http://www.instructables.com/id/Copper-Rose/
What I have problems with is designing is the wire structure. I have many ideas and need a few more people to think this trough. I could make an Art-Noveau style for the wires and attach many things to it:
>British pounds (Half of her family is from Britain)
>Broken clock mechanism with many shinny pars inside
>Cheap earrings with fake Second Mexican Empire coins
Any help?
>>
The box is a prism of approximately:
>8.5cm^2 in the base and 11cm high
or
>3 1/4 in ^2 in the base and 4 1/2 in high
>>
This brings me to my first question:
>What is the best way of removing the paint from a soda can?
I used a drill with a stone attached the last time, but there has to be another way
>>
>>1015640
Wire wheel would be faster
An angle grinder would be more appropriate than a drill
Sand paper flapper wheel or ball wpuld also work.
Just some sandpaper
acetone or some other solvent depends entirely on what they painted it with.
>>
File: sos-package1-854x1024.png (1MB, 854x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sos-package1-854x1024.png
1MB, 854x1024px
>>1015640
I shit you not.
>>
>>1015655
I was actually thinking of that. I have some of that Doughnut-shaped steel sponge and it works (slowly).
>>1015643
Yeah, the thing is that I do not have that many power tools in hand. But I do have sandpaper, the drill was because it was the only way I could find to make the process faster without spending money. I am trying acetone but with little success. Maybe I am applying it wrong tho. I am using some cotton to rub the acetone, I see some paint in the cotton but very little change in the Aluminium, maybe this should take more time or my acetone is not strong enough (I am using commercial polish remover)
>>
File: IMG_7027.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7027.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
I already finished one can, it takes like 5min of masturbatory arm movement to get done. The finish is mostly good by itself, as long as I move to only one side. This face will be looking down anyways, so maybe the finish is not that important.
>>
File: IMG_7028.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7028.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
The primary flower is done, it is just a bit smaller than the tea box. Big enough to fill it, but small enough to come in and out without problem.
But with a flower as big as this it will not be as obvious that there is more under it and that you are supposed to take it out of the box to see the complete thing.
I will have to design something that tells her that she has to take the sculpture out, but not straight up writing it in a tag.
>>
>>1015640
1: Medium/coarse Scotch-Brite pads. That's the metal finishing pads from the hardware store, not the kitchen pads.
2: Angle grinder with fine paint-stripping wheel. It will look like Scotch-Brite, but it will probably have a different brand name.
3: Buffer, sisal wheel and emery.

However, if the only power tool you have is a drill, I would suggest getting a bolt, a nut, and two washers, and threading a few layers of Scotch-Brite in there to make yourself an improvised finishing tool for the drill.

As for the wires, I suggest twisting them together into a branching assembly reminiscent of a bush, with flowers and things hanging off branches, which taper from the trunk to the tip by stopping individual wires periodically along the length.
>>
Looks like a good start op, hope you get some great byebye sex
>>
>>1015801
Me too anon, me too
>(Because that would mean that I could spend more than a few minutes with her)

And about the craft, I am thinking of a skeletal structure like this bracelet.
>>
>>1016426
But the problem here would be careful while integrating the "stem" of the flower to the structure. I just so happen to have an art book with works by Alphonse Mucha, I think that a lighter version of Art Noveau would integrate well with the Rococo style of the Tea can
>>
>>1015671
why not fasten the steel wool to something so that you could just attach it to a drill rather than doing it all manually?
>>
>>1016831
Oh, I should tell everyone that I already finished cleaning the paint off >>1015728
>God bless cheap pain in mexican soda cans
Now to do this >>1016426
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.