[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitar Finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Guitar.jpg (25KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
Guitar.jpg
25KB, 300x229px
Hello guys, I am doing a guitar refinish project for fun , i made EVH style Purple with Black lines finish , thing is , first of all i have a few runs of paint , any way i can get rid of them without refinishing it again ?
i havent applied a clear coat yet , i have a few questions , i have not touched the final coat of paint , will sanding it with 2k grit ruin it ? should i dry/wet sand it ? spray lacquer or applying it with brush it better , how to make paint glossy ?
>>
Just give me all info i need for making the last coat / layer and prepping for making it glossy
>>
When I designed my guitar look, they included some stickers in the box. If yours didn't come with any, just trade it in. The level of aesthetics stickers bring to surface is phenomenal. It really motivates me to try more difficult songs and harder difficulty.
>>
>>1012468
what are you high on ? no stickers were used i created a guitar in style of EVH and put my own touch to it , no stickers or other bullshit involved
>>
>>1012469
You should consider trading it in for one with stickers, as I said, they really impact performance and confidence for the better
>>
>>1012470
ha-ha you are funny and original , bullet is cheaper than sustaining useless waste of sperm like you alive that is my sincere opinion , also have a nice day
>>
>>1012471
Thank you for the compliments, please report back when you apply the stickers. Be careful though, precision is needed or else residue will ruin the plastic finish
>>
>>1012471
That grammar... At least the troll can spell properly... Also, I know the solution to your guitar problem.
>>
>>1012465
>will sanding it with 2k grit ruin it ?
No, just be very careful and not sand through all the paint.
> how to make paint glossy ?
apply last finnishing coat. If it isn't as glossy as you want, sand it very delicately with 1-2k grit sand paper and apply another coat mixed with dissolevent.(Like, if you're using alcohol based finish add more alcohol to make it less thick)

You can always experiment on scrap wood if you're afraid of ruining your guitar.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.