[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst /diy/ related injury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_20160619_143809.jpg (227KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_143809.jpg
227KB, 1200x1600px
>accidentally shot myself in the leg with a nail gun
>2in framing nail
>had my brother pull it out with vise grips
>wrapped it up
>bled bad enough to go though the gauze and all over my bed by morning
>next morning the bleeding was a lot more mild
>no stiches

Hurt for a week to walk a little
>>
>>1011059
>went to sleep with a heavily bleeding wound
Do you wish to die anon
>>
>>1011075
I was drunk. I was framing a floor mounted safe and I had been drinking vodka with my father in law almost all day
>>
>>1011059
was trying to take apart some plastic part with a flat head screwdriver. slipped, stabbed through the webbing between my index finger and thumb and exited on the far side of my hand. absolutely no bleeding tho which was strange, guess i missed everything. was neat because i could blow into the entry wound and blow up my hand like a glove.
>>
fucking retard
>>
>>1011078
>work with a nail gun while drunk
>go to sleep with bleeding wound
Again, do you want to die? Or are you just stupid?
>>
>>1011079
>was neat because i could blow into the entry wound and blow up my hand like a glove.

What possessed you to try blowing into the entry wound?
>>
>>1011082
It didnt hit an artery luckily. I guess drunk/an shouldnt have been using my nail gun. No excuse
>>
>>1011084
well i noticed i could almost see inside my hand so naturally i figured blowing it up would give me a better view, it did. keep in mind this was in the first 10 minutes of stabbing myself.
>>
>>1011059
Protip: standard first aid for a puncture wound is to leave the item in, wrap the whole thing up to staunch the bleeding, and go to the hospital. Pulling the thing out can make the bleeding worse or further damage whatever internal parts were punctured.
>>
>>1011091
>hospital
>1900 dollar bill
Not everyone is Canadian
>>
>>1011094
>$1900
>1 doctor hour $300
>5 nurse hours $500
>supplies $200
>paperwork/bribing politicians $900

>would rather bleed out than pay a reasonable price for health care.

I fucking hate people like you. I swear to god fucking retards that are like 'er ma gerd, $100 for a check up? $100 for a tooth cleaning?'

Fuckin' bitch, I charge you $125 for an ethernet jack and you don't have a problem paying that.
>>
>>1011104
>$125 for an ethernet jack
Wow, literally any retard can do that. I guess it falls into the same category as paying $200 to get your car detailed. Shit work people don't feel like doing. Good on you though, sounds like a solid hustle.
>>
>>1011108
Have you ever had to drive to someone's home or business to do work?

You're not charging ~$100?

How are you even eating?

Any retard might also drill into a water pipe, power lines, or not seal their external holes or not put a drip loop in the line or staple it right or or or or...

There is specialized knowledge to this shit, just because you banged out a ~50 mbit connection that hasn't failed from water damage or rodents yet doesn't mean it's not worth anything to do the work.

'any retard' can also change their brakes, suture a wound, and grow some mold for antibiotic properties. Don't do it though. Specialize your skills. If you spend your life DIYing every little thing, you'll end up as a high-end farm hand with no skills that can transfer to old age, so you'll just have to keep killing yourself working way too hard when you're 50 and 60.
>>
>>1011112
You know you can learn skills that are secondary to your profession, right? My dad is a doctor and he can do all of the things you described.
>>
>>1011104
>reasonable price for health care.

Health care is almost a racket, they charge whatever they think they can get away with. Act like its fucking monopoly money, because they expect insurance companies to pay the outlandish prices.

They could never get the average american to pay the retarded prices they charge, but hey!
Charge everyone a good 10-15% of their income every month for private insurance, and then we can charge your skyhigh prices!

I pay 70$ a week for insurance, I started having throat problems.
You have obviously never fallen down the rabbit hole with a health issue. I did test after test, with my copays sometimes being as high as $8000 out of pocket. I racked up almost $30,000 in debt AFTER my insurance paid like 90% of the bills.
And guess what, I still had to wait weeks between appointments because they were booked up.

I had to do it of course, I could barely fucking eat.
And dont worry, the providers will put you on a nice payment plan. I have the equivalent of a car payment to the fucking hospitals and doctors offices.

Lord knows if I actually needed a surgery or got cancer or had a life threatening problem.
I cant imagine it for people who live on low income, the subsidized obamacare has really shitty coverages.
>>
>>1011113
Do it as a hobby, not as another job or because you think you're going to save money.

>>1011128
Absolutely but people ate also tetarded and think it should be free, like they won't eve. Throw in as much as it costs to get their oil changed or their brakes done. They won't blink at $50 to mai rain their cat, but $75 for a checkup or teeth cleaning? Holy fucking shit
>>
>>1011128
tfw Australia, got rushed to hospital one day because they said i was having a heart attack, 2 days in intensive care, 3 MRIs and half my blood taken for tests and they come back and say "oh yeah you're as fit as a horse, take this gout medication to stop the ECG from wrongly detecting arrhythmia and go home". got the bill, $165,000... all covered by medicare :^)

still had to pay $5 for the 2 week supply of gout pills but 2 days of free food and bed was alright.
>>
>>1011171
Someone will pipe up and complain that you pay a huge tax for healthcare. I dont see how its any different than paying a retarded amount for private insurance.
I would pay the same chunk of change I do for private insurance as a tax for "free" healthcare.

USA doesnt even have good healthcare in comparison to other first world countries.
>>
>>1011199
out of my pleb income 2% is healthcare.
>USA doesnt even have good healthcare in comparison to other first world countries.
I wouldn't say its bad from what I've read, but its a matter of get what you pay for. Here healthcare doesn't cover dental or optical, so if you go to a cheapo bulk bill dentist they'll make an absolute mess of your mouth, pay the full fee at a private practice and you'll get exactly what you want.
>>
>>1011128
If they didn't charge those outrageous prices, doctors wouldn't get paid the high rates they do
If they don't get the money, they will choose jobs that require less education
You will run low on doctors
>>
>>1011211
Yes, this is the rheotric spouted by the shareholders of the health and insurance industry.

Too bad its been shown to be completely false just by simply looking at other countries.
>>
>>1011218
Also I should point out that the vast majority of the profits dont go to paying the doctors and nurses, they go to the shareholders who hold majority stakes in the company.

When its a government run instead of privately owned, you can make much less profit while paying your employees the exact same money. Its how every other fucking country does it.
>>
>>1011112
>how do afford to eat?
Making over 100k a year helps. I also make it without crawling through attics and crawl spaces. I was complimenting you by the way, dummy. Explains why you're doing shitty manual labor, you can understand context of a conversation. Keep fooling yourself into thinking you're some kind of specialized labor and deserve to take pride in your work.
>>
>>1011091
Hospitals a great idea assuming you have time and money to wait. All they do is an x-ray and yank it out. Puncture wounds are almost never treatable unless bone, vein, nerve, or lung damage occurs. All of which are almost instantly known when it happens, which would be the only time to go to a hospital
>>
>>1011104
My er visit wound up being $2400. For 4 frakking stitches. I went only because I couldn't stop the bleeding.
How is that reasonable? I fucking hate people like you, that think that is acceptable. Instead of something the mob would do
>>
>>1011082

It's pretty clear that he knows that drinking vodak and nailguns are a bad idea. You're the one who sounds stupid.

>>1011079

Jesus, have you ever heard of sanitation?
>>
>>1011223
HVAC fag, no one cares how much money you say you make online, you're still a faggot no one likes.
>>
>>1011059
I did the same stupid shit as you did (also drunk) but I shot the nail through my thumb into a sheet of marine ply. my mate had to cut the nail out of the board. went to A&E they x-rayed my thumb nail went through the bone they gave me a local anaesthetic and pulled the cunt out, thumb is still fucked now 1 year later. Lesson for today is don't use nailers when you're pissed.
>>
>>1011223
>making money in womanly ways.
>>
>>1011131
Fun fact: if you don't let on that yiu have insurance, and ask to pay in cash, it's usually just 3-400 max.
>>
>>1011078
>Actively ingesting a vasodilator
>Heavily bleeding
>Going to sleep

Darwin points
>>
>>1011091
>>1011086
>>1011059
For puncture and deep cuts I always use bactine/rubbing alch along with super glue and duck tape.
Clean the wound well put super glue on the edges and then get that sucker tight with the duck tape. I've had deep cuts heal within days with no infections.

The duck tape holds in place even if there is blood as long as the area isn't super hairy, I'm not but you can have a razor with your stuff. The superglue bonds the cut together tighter than stitches imo and if you're quick, the wound heals very quickly because of how smashed together the wound edges are.
>>
Lacerated the side of my thumb after I slipped with a hand saw. Left a cool faint little scar. Honestly not that bad.
>>
File: 17720.jpg (18KB, 575x300px) Image search: [Google]
17720.jpg
18KB, 575x300px
Stuck a finger between picrelated and a clamp. Got away with only half of the fingernail torn. Still have a month or two before it fully grows back.
>>
>>1011059
Guy I know was building a chicken coop with his kid. Goes to put in a screw and it somehow shot out and hit him in the eye. Permanently blind in one eye now.
>>
>>1011059
>need to cut piece of plastic cover.
>Hmm this dremel with steel disk might do the trick
>wow this disk shrinks really fa-
>thousand pieces fly across face
>mfw triangular chunk about 3 cm x 3cm is lodged in my skull

Never ever using a dremel again, it's Satan's design
>>
>>1011651
>cutoff wheel on plastic
YDI
>>
>>1011651
>>1011674
I have cut plastic with a dremel before, it spins so fast it just melts it instead of cutting.
>>
>>1011651
How the hell did that happen? I've cut plastic, metal, wood and even a fucking PCB with my dremel before and I never had anything like that happen to me.
Metal sends sparks all over the place, wood gets turned into dust (and the wood tends to get burnt), PCBs also send a whole lot of dust all over the place, and plastic pretty much just melts. The only way I could see this happening would be if you were trying to cut some ancient, brittle as fuck plastic or something of the sort.
>>
I cut the end of my pinky off with a router once. Shot blood on a buddy of mine, and had a generally good time.
>>
>>1011131

>not think you are going to save money

In fact you do if you have the basic skills to save $125 and more every time there is some minor shit to do then the savings can be massive
>>
>>1011727
Oh no my water tap broke. I'll just DIY it!
>Oh no, I broke the pipe now too
>Gotta open the wall
>Gotta go buy parts
>Whoops wrong parts, gotta buy more parts.
>Gotta go buy soldering/sharkbite gear.
>Takes 12 hours
Sure glad I DIY'ed that to save money

Most of the tools for running a jack are cheap enough now, but you still don't really know what you're doing and are going to devote most of your day to trying to figure it out.
And if you do go through your entire life DIYing everything instead of focusing on what you're good at and what you love to do, you are going to start running into a skill deficit as you get older and people expect you to be more specialized. Being able to DIY and nigger-rig everything is literally farm hand tier.
>>
>>1011733
The first time is always expensive. The next time something with plumbing needs done, you'll be much quicker!
>>
>>1011733

Nice hypothetical situation there.

You are right. There are people out there than can't change a tap.

But seeing as I and many other non pro's can change a tap with out fucking it up then why do you insist I pay someone to come into my house to change my tap while I shitpost on this pro shilling board?

The janitor needs to reel in shills like you. If you were a spark I can almost guarantee that you will tell me that I need to call in an electrician to change a light bulb.

>skill deficit

I don't know anyone who casually DIY's for a living.
>>
>>1011620
wat. What situation were you in where your hand was in the vicinity while jogging the machine around?
>>
>>1011678
That's not the point, the point is you don't cut soft materials with cutoff wheels, be they on a rotary tool are angle grinder. They stick to the cutoff wheel, throwing it off balance and making it shatter. Same thing with grinding wheels.
If it's softer than mild steel, use a saw.
>>
>>1011733
Why do you not already know how to do shit like that properly is my question. Single parent?
>>
>>1011674
What does YDI mean?
>>
Not very /fit/ but here's why you should take puncture wounds seriously

>29 years old
>Just bought a home
>Small lake on the far backside of the 3 acre lot
>Previous owner had thrown all sorts of garbage into the lake
>Old pottery, trash, etc
>I put on my thickest boots and went in there with a rake clearing out some of the crap
>Nearly finished when I slip and fall on my ass
>I land on something sharp and it stabs me just below my right buttocks on my thigh
>It pierces skin
>I quickly go inside to get a look
>Doesn't look that deep, bleeding some, pretty clean
>Used everything I had to clean it
>Alcohol, peroxide, triple antibiotic, etc
>Put a bandage on it
>Knew I was up to date on all my vaccines so I wasn't too concerned
>Went to bed about 5 hours after the injury

>2 am I wake up with a fever and my thigh is ridiculously swollen
>Sweating like a mad man
>I crawl out of bed and into my bathroom
>I grab a mirror and look at the wound
>Skin looks white, almost gray
>Center of the wound is numb but the surrounding area is 11/10 painful
>Limp into my truck and rush to the ER
>Almost literally have to crawl into the ER
>Doctor looks at my leg and within a minute determines it's gas gangrene
>Was rushed into surgery
>A chunk of my thigh and ass had to be removed
>Told me I'd probably be fine
>Nope.jpg
>Surgical wound got infected
>More gangrene
>Second surgery
>Another chunk
>Required a skin graft to heal the surgical wound

My ass looks like I sat on a grenade. I know now what I did was dumb but I pray none of you have the same experience. Please, guys, if you ever have a puncture wound that's even slightly questionable, go to the hospital. I thought my wound looked less than an inch deep and I thought I cleaned it 100%. It's the biggest regret of my life.
>>
>>1011788
Sorry, phone corrected /diy/ to /fit/
>>
>>1011788
>gas gangrene

>Look it up

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[spoiler]ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/spoiler]

Jesus christ I'mma make sure I don't get any puncture wounds in the future
>>
>>1011779
Literally the first result on google, friendo.
>>
>>1011796
FUCK YOU. Your response made me look it up. God damn it.

FUCK
>>
>>1011811
>>1011796
Imagine popping them and them deflating like little disease-filled balloons.
>>
>>1011822
I have dermatillomania, and i want to pick and deflate that shit so much.
>>
>>1011733
Are you a teenager? You have an awfully narrow view of the world.
>>
>>1011837
Sounds like it.
Acting like a base level of "farm hand tier" diy knowledge and experience is somehow a bad thing.

It sounds like a young kid just getting into a trade, listening to the old guy he's learning from bitching and complaining about living in the information era. I can find a how-to to do almost anything, and Ive heard people from different trades scoff at the idea of doing it
>let them try and do it themselves, ill be there when they screw up to fix it!

But we all know that for every project that gets fucked and needs a pro to come in, there are a ton that go great. And we all know that just because you are employed and paid to do something, doesnt mean you are competent or will do a better job than a diyer.

He is acting like he is practicing his job on his off time, as if he doesnt have the next 40 years to work in his field or something.
And he also acts like spending your whole weekend to do a job is a bad thing.

As opposed to watching a movie and eating junk food like every american does on the weekend?
Am I supposed to be honing my parts guy skills by staring at microfiche on weeknights and weekends so I dont have a skill deficit when I go back to work?

lel
>>
>>1011733
You're a dumb-ass.
No-one wants someone who's specialized, even in the engineer job market. Unless it's some specific crazy bullshit, like safety engineering or spinning chips by hand, you're expected to be versatile.

Everyone expects you to know and do anything nowadays.
You could be the bee's knees at electrical engineering, but the fuck who double majored in electrical and mechanical is going to get the job, even if he's only meh tier at both.

If you can only do one thing, you will die when the /diy/ and hipster "manly" revolutions come for your job. That's why tradesmen, plumbers, electricians, and etc. are so butthurt on this board.
Literally anyone with a month or less of training could do your job. The difference between a good tradesmen, say a plumber, and the average /diy/er is the pro will know from experience what the cause of the symptoms is.
He will know why, not just how, you do certain things, and thus not be the faggot who uses RTV to fix his niggerrig that he performed just to "getter dun clevis!".

You don't go to a doctor because he can sell you antibiotics better than jose on the street corner.
You go to the doctor because "actually based on these symptoms, it's actually viral /diy/itis. Antibiotics won't help".

What will keep you employed as the ability to adapt to the changing job market. having a variety of skills.
>>
Faggot next to me was using a metal cutting disc to grind polyurethane membrane, exploded and the disk was lodged into my arm, half a 5" disc. Looks like a tried to an hero which is gay.
>>
I know someone who repairs vacuums (the normal household kind). Once he was drilling something and slipped, drilled through his hand.
>>
>>1011860
You literally don't know what you're talking about. Engineering has nothing to do with /diy/, double majoring and dual majoring are stupidly different, and there is literally NOBODY, NOBODY that double majors in two engineerings, unless they're on their MS or are doing faggot shit like Biomedical Technology (not even engineering) and Psychology.
>>
>>1011900

He is misguided for sure because when it comes to those areas, specialization is what is required in many fields.

Any general knowledge you need to know is taught to you in that field. eg. a mechanical engineer still has been taught electrical engineering and programming at basic levels but that is done in school.

Now when it comes to specialization a Mechanical engineer is a basic level broad area pleb. A mechanical engineer can specialize in materials, hydrodynamics, product line development, etc, which are specializations in the Mechanical engineering field.

Though if you are a good materials engineer that has a knowledge in hydrodynamics as well then that is a plus. Particularly in a company where you have to deal with both.

All that said you don't need to be a specialist or need to study for 4 years+ to learn how to replace a tap or a washer in a tap which is something a 12 year old can do flawlessly if he uses his brain.

Some people just aren't good at fixing shit, yes. But christ my wife can replace a tap and even build a coffee table and she is an office girl.
>>
>>1011865

Wtf? No one had a razor knife?
>>
>>1011738
I was trying to remove a ball of swarf before it catches on the cutter and flies all over the place while manual feeding with the other hand at the same time. I was pretty sure I am keeping my fingers away from the moving parts but it turned out I really wasn't.
>>
>>1011059
Why didn't you go to the fucking hospital?
>>
>>1011788
Damn that sucks.. wish you would have just drained the lake to clean it. Second you said you were in it with garbage I was like plz no
>>
>>1011059
>Amputated my right index finger while oiling my motorcycle chain. (it went through the chain and sprocket)
>Put it in my pocket
>Went to hospital emergency in ambulance
>Reattached with plastic surgery
>$120,000.00 of surgery and rehab later it works to 90% of full functioning. (hooray for universal healthcare in my country)
>Spent 6 months on morphine - literally shat bricks
>5 surgeries later - nobody notices it anymore.

TFW i don't have a simpsons hand (3 fingers 1 thumb)
>>
>>1012318
Edit: Universally FREE healthcare.
>>
File: 20160622_140849-1.jpg (610KB, 1677x2981px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_140849-1.jpg
610KB, 1677x2981px
>put up metal fence
>drunk
>fall into fence ripping my skin
>>
>>1012318
do you still have sensitivity in that finger ?
>>
>Working in grandpas workshop
>Fucker decides to nigger rig half the power tools so no guards on power saws
>Not used to it but whatever I need just a few cuts
>The last cut I felt a sharp sting on the tip of my finger
>Almost cut my finger tip off
>Don't tell my grandpa otherwise he'll have a shit fit

A couple times I've had circular saws kick back once or twice when I first learned how to use it.
>>
File: 3.jpg (205KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
205KB, 2048x1371px
>>1012485
Yep - nerves grow back. It's certainly not what it used to be, but it's still sensitive to about 80% of what it was.
>>
>>1012517
>nerves grow back
Pardon?
>>
>>1012517

You oiled your mc chain... while it was in gear running? How? Why?
>>
>>1012517
>>1012523
peripheral nerves regenerate. btw try acetyl-l-carnitine
>>
Not worst but pretty cringe worthy
>changing plants in yard
>pull huge dead palm tree leaf that was still sort of stuck to the trunk
>didn't notice splinters right below my finger before pulling
>end up with a 2 inch long, knitting needle thick splinter inside my thumb
>entry point was right under my fingerprint and i could see the tip almost coming out of the top near the nail
>it didn't even hurt that bad but looking at it was quite hnngg, it just happened in the most chill-inducing angle possible
>manned up and pulled it out, felt like sandpaper under skin

>fixing old harpoon gun
>it is sort of like a long gun and shoots an harpoon with a thick nylon rope attached to it
>didn't notice it had an opening near the trigger where you could see the rope
>shoot to test
>thumb was resting on the open hole
>half inch of thick thumb skin instantly ripped off
>>
>>1012524
Not that guy but:
>put bike on centerstand
>start it
>drop into 1st
You now have a stationary bike with the chain moving. You just point the lube can at it and go.
>>
>>1012536
>>1012524

This is exactly what i did, for efficiencies sake. However i still had a rag wrapped around my finger from previously cleaning the chain while it was stationary. Rag droped onto chain, and dragged my hand through rear sprocket.

>>101257
Smaller nerves grow at about 1mm/month. No hope for spinal nerve damage though.
>>
File: 20160622_230008 2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_230008 2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1011059 My thumb after a double tap from a finish nailer. I lined up my work piece turned my head to tell my boss to fuck off and hit a knot 25 fucking years ago. It swells up and hurts up to my elbow when I do manual labor so basically all the fucking time. Fucks want $3000 fucking dollars to fix it.
>>
>>1012706
>Fucks want $3000 fucking dollars to fix it.
Thanks Obamacare.
>>
Found out while hanging a shelf in my closet that the faggot ass maintenance crew in my apartment complex ran EMT here and there in my walls.
>Drilling pilot hole for clip
>Hit stud, stop, grab clip and screw
>Drilling screw into wall, leaning into it
>Screw hits EMT, stops instantly
>Drill is not prepared, slips off screw
>Slams though left finger holding the clip in place
Managed to miss the bone, just punctured skin. Slowly removed bit, try not to bleed, bleed a lot. Luckly new screw, and clean bit, so I rinsed it out and taped in up. Happened last week, almost healed now.

Not /diy/ but I have a story and pics of me cutting the top of my hand off by accidentally breaking fish tank if anyone wants to hear/see
>>
>>1012536
>You just point the lube can at it and go

...to hospital with your finger in your pocket.
>>
Nail through my foot by stepping on it. Wearing sneakers doing home demo work like a fucking moron.
>>
>>1011788
Holy fuck I'm sorry for you
>>
>today
>replacing tire valves, had two Crack this year
>bought fancy UK tool for installing valves with tire still on rim, comes with hook to pull out old valve

Basically it's a screwdriver threaded to hold the valve by the threads, lube it with warm soapy water, hold a funnel to the hole and shove it in.

>try pushing slow. No luck. "Fuck I remember the last one being easy". Has hammer patch, no dice. Pull it back and shove hard and fast.... Voila

>figure I should do the last two. Get another out, jam new in. Fucking palm was in the way, got pinched hard. Instant blood to area, thought I broke skin. Blood n bruise :(:(

Tldr keep an eye on your hands, diyks
>>
Ok. Heres a list.
-Dutch hoe through boot into heel 2" left foot, 1" right. Yes twice ffs.
- chainsaw kickback, quick enough to not have it to the head, but left index finger to bone at bottom knucle. Fine now.
- Various plate steels dropped on hands at work, no amps but several close on end knucles, 3 fingers.
- 10mm plate dropped from 1.5m landed edge on middle joint big toe, behind safety cap. Not fun.
- metal dug from eyes in ed at least 9 times, thanks work.
- bike accident on way to work (tyre pinned by car behind), did superman stunt. Did shoulder joint and knees through gear (right knee has scar over bone, no meat, scar sucks as its paper thin, tears reguarly. Apparently needs skin graft.
- brazing rod burn through left hand at work. Left corterised 3mm hole, an inch deep.
More nails to hands, hammers to fingers etc than care to count. Thanks to holding shit while teenagers smash them with hammer.
- fucked spine -2 disks fucked
- thats the start. Ive got more, and have pics - trade trainer irl.
>>
>>1012814
LOL, I think I`m up to like 15 nails so far. One scar on an index finger from throwing a piece of wood with a snag nail.

>rebuild moped.
>ride it to break in new rings.
>hard break in so full throttle.
>wobble around turn from tire slipping and lose control.
>bail off and moped catches me on a jagged piece of broken reflector mount.
>Leg looks like a bloody gaping vagina. Can see the bone and a tendon free floating in the hole.
>Don't want to sew it up cuz I think I need muscle stitches.
>go to ER. $1,300 8 stitches.
>>
>>1013286
>worst /diy/ injury is a bruise
Count yourself lucky
>>
>>1011853
I'm a licensed sparky, as well as having 6 years carpentry experience. I'm all for having people do it themselves. There are some people though who absolutely can not. I went to a guys house a few days ago who wired a 120/240 pump up with 120, and didn't look at the tag right beside the termination saying "motor is factory wired for 240v, move jumper for 120v wiring". Got the call the motor was hot, was there for 3 minutes, 1 hour minimum call
>>
File: 1463177275893.jpg (149KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463177275893.jpg
149KB, 400x800px
>>1011079
>Blow up my hand like a glove
>>
File: 57209742.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
57209742.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
>>1011059
>>
>>1011091
>leave the nail in and go to the hospital to get it treated
Just what do you think they do at the hospital anon?
There is no secret procedure only handed down among doctors that must be applied to the wound or you die. They just yank it out.
The only difference is that you have to wait for hours and get a bill over thousands of dollars.
>>
>>1011798
Oh of course.
Youth Development Institute
All makes sense now.
>>
>ceramic tile cutter
>takes off guard cause who needs it?
>index finger comes halfway off

doctors put it back pretty good
>>
>>1014926
THIS DAMNIT
>>
>>1015095
Antibiotics, tetanus boosters, sterile gauze, IV fluids, sutures, someone that knows how to use all of those at the same time
>>
File: a4f1c0e13826.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
a4f1c0e13826.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>1011059
electric chainsaw

not that bad
>>
>>1011218
What are you on about. In Ireland we pay shit wages to doctors and so all our western-trained doctors go elsewhere to work. So we are stuck with Somali, Nigerian and Ethiopian doctors.

Largely the same in nhs, though they at least ensure they're well trained.

>>1011271
Yes it is nice having free stitches, even if they aren't in a straight line (no sarcasm)
>>
>>1015128
Did you fuckin stitch it yourself?
>>
>>1011900
That's not true. I know five people who've dual majored in ME and EE, as well as EE and CE. It's not as bad as it seems, and it's certainly possible, albeit uncommon.
Then again I went to a school known for it's engineering programs.
>>
>>1012517
what does it look like now
>>
about a month ago I was using a box cutter to cut some really thick cardboard to break it down and the idiot that I am didnt place my hand right and cut it from the DIP Joint out the tip of my finger all along the bone. got 5 stitches and and lost some feeling in the tip of my finger but its healed up now
>>
>>1015166
Eh, nothing to worry about. That'll be your oxygen tank carrier hand anyway.
>>
>>1011796
FAK YERSELF.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Worst? Probably a second degree burn when I was playing mechanic and accidently touched the exaust trying to connect a wire. I don't know if you can see it but there is a little bit of discoloration on my knuckle from that.
>>
>>1015097
You forgot the most important part, PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY
>>
>>1011059
I was running with a hammer once, tripped and put a huge crack in my ass
>>
>>1015203
fucking crybaby are you serious?
grow a pair
>>
>>1015348

I don't understand, how does that make me a crybaby?
>>
No pictures but i ended up with 9 staples in my skull when i was 16
>working for family
>Building detatched garage/workshop/shed
>father is roofing
>Im below grabbing more shingles
>he sets nail gun down waiting for shingles, or some shit,
>bullshit air hose connection undoes
>knocks Framing nailler full with a roll of nails off roof( 20-25 ft up )
>react but not fast enough
>hits me square ontop of the head,
>vision Goes out
>i fall to my ass
>vision comes back
>blood everywhere, Pouring down face
>smells like metal
>ended up going to a walk in center,
>Bleeding was pretty slowed by the time i got there,
>didnt bother with hospital
>they stapled me up right there

Minor blood loss, severe concussion
Some memory loss ( still blame it for my shitty memory)

Lucky i had longer faggy hair, and was wearing a doo rag, it saved my skull from getting fucked up ,since cushion
>>
>>1011788
He literally fucking said "beneath the sept" in the bathhouse scene in s3, no wonder D&D dumbs everything down for you idiots
>>
>>1015575
oops, wrong tab
>>
My neighbors were doing some kind of DIY work on their roof, and just yesterday I came home to an ambulance at their house. From my backyard I could see the woman on the ground near motionless (with fucking flip flops on) near their chimney and her husband standing next to her. It was disturbing, but I couldn't help but stare as the paramedics tried to put her on the stretcher while she screamed in pain. Even the small bumps on the way to the vehicle made her scream.
>>
>>1015166
smoking is bad for you anon
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.