[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using batteries instead of an outlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: unnnamed.jpg (41KB, 550x548px) Image search: [Google]
unnnamed.jpg
41KB, 550x548px
So for the project im currently working on im trying to figure out a way to power some LED strip lights via battery power or solar instead of using an outlet like its designed for. I wanna use these strip lights in a spot without outlet access.

I know jack-shit about electrical's btw

Pic attached is basically same thing i plan on purchasing. In total im hoping to run 15 ft of these lights (3-5ft sections) I might compromise to just a 4ft section instead tho if 15ft uses too much energy or wtv

The guy at the hardware store said i might be able to bypass the regulator.. i guess like cut the wires and hook them up directly to a battery? The lights i looked at are 12V and so i guess i could get a 12V battery? it cant be that simple can it

solar would be great if it wasnt too expensive (<80$ all in) not including the lights

I know i could probably research this kinda thing but its all really foreign to me so can you just help me, please?
>>
>>1006741
Bypass what regulator? Just plug the fucking 12v battery into the dc jack at the controller box. And for solar: Buy a regulator for charging the battery (12 bucks on ebay) and charge the battery with the solarpanel and power the stripe by battery.
>>
>>1006749
where do you think i could find one locally/ can you send me a link?
>>
>>1007294
We don't google shit for people here.
>>
>>1007294
What the fuck are you talking about? What do you need a pic of?

Look at the black box that plugs into the wall. If it says 120v to12v, you're good to go with a 12v battery of your choice. Type doesnt matter. Id say a car battery would be ideal for recharging by solar means. Find a solar panel on amazon that recharges car batteries. Then you're good to go. Learn about DC voltage basics while you're at this project, fag. It's very basic.
>>
>>1006741
i have one of those strips and from what i remember it's 75w @ 12v for the full 5 meter strip (16.4ft).
75/12=6.25 so from my understanding you'd need a 12v battery that stores at minimum 6.25ah/hour of run time that you want to get from the lights
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQX5EDO/
then make a cable with something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W0SBSQ0/, which is what you plug into the controller box

that's your minimum package and you'll kill the battery pretty fast if you're running them for an hour every day

cut the strip down to 1m (~3.3ft) and you'll get better mileage. they're pretty bright, i have 1m behind my monitors and it's enough to illuminate the whole room
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.