[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is which?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: P60610-121519.jpg (36KB, 393x524px) Image search: [Google]
P60610-121519.jpg
36KB, 393x524px
I have to replace the head of an adapter but i do not know which wire is pozitive ,negative and groud
>>
File: P60610-121430.jpg (664KB, 1377x1836px) Image search: [Google]
P60610-121430.jpg
664KB, 1377x1836px
And i have to replace it with this one
>>
Without seeing the other end of the cables there is nothing we can do for you. The easiest way to check this shit would be with a multimeter. But I'm assuming you either don't have one or have no idea how to use it.
>>
File: P60610-130932.jpg (3MB, 2755x3673px) Image search: [Google]
P60610-130932.jpg
3MB, 2755x3673px
I do not have a multimeter.here is a fu ll picture
>>
For your second picture the outside layer (silver) is usualy the negative one. With the voltages you are dealing I would go with try and error. If you hoock it up the wrong way you will just get a wrong polarity (-12 instead of 12 volts). This is not going to damage your device.
>>
File: P60610-133557.jpg (3MB, 2755x3673px) Image search: [Google]
P60610-133557.jpg
3MB, 2755x3673px
And the coloured ones?
>>
Red should always be live/positive but 24v uses black and white as positive and negative in some instances.

In this case I would guess
Red: positive
Negative: black
White: sensor/return

Without a multimeter you can't be sure.

On the connector end for your device you need to know the polarity.
>>
Thx for the help it was actually red -positive black-return and white-negative
>>
>>1006498
>>coloured
colored, fixed it for ya
>>
>>1006544
>the rest of the world is wrong, only our one country is right!
>>
>>1006597
Well we did invent the language, no need for you to shit it up.
>>
>>1006599
yeah not falling for that bait. Nice try though.
>>
I did this before, it WILL NOT WORK. Reason is the copper on aluminum its not safe. The outside is negative and inside is positive. As for the colored ones it data meant to measure voltages/watts/amps by an adapter or receiving end of the cable.
>>
>>1006490
get a led from something and a pencil lead
search online on how to identify which is the negative side of the led and how current flows through it. use the pencil lead as a high resistance current limiting for the led

or just take a $5 from your wallet and go get a cheap chink multimeter from the dollar store...
>>
Sorry english is my second language,and it works.
>>
>>1006601
Losing the argument like a champ gg
>>
File: shit.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>1006494
Don't know if troll or just idiot. I blew up a laptop by using wrong polarity with one of those shitty universal power supply kits.
>>
File: 1442084271942-b.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442084271942-b.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>1006627
>spend $5
>at the dollar store
>for one item
>>
>>1008624
Don't know if troll or idiot. Only thing that would happen is no electricity flowing. Ever heard of diodes?
>>
>>1008711
Well apparently my HP was too cheap to use diodes and it would not power on after using wrong polarity. You filthy nigger troll.
>>
red is +19v
black will be 0v(gnd)
white will be sense wire
which usually goes to gnd depending but I might stand corrected on the sense wire.
>>
Black is gnd
Red is positive
Don't connect the white one, it is used in some HP power adapters as a sensor.
>>
>>1009417
I can also confirm plugging dc in backwards doesn't really do anything in main stream electronics. Could have been a 1d10t error perhaps.
>>
>I can also confirm plugging dc in backwards doesn't really do anything in main stream electronics

as someone who repairs electronic devices, i can say that you're about 50% right, meaning there's a 50/50 chance you'll destroy your $600 laptop if you use the wrong polarity.
>>
i wouldnt replace a 3 wire cable with a 2 wire cable. you're gonna have a bad time.

that said, black is - red is + white i dont know, maybe ground but it should have green on it usually.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.