[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Screen salvaging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7277.jpg (640KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7277.jpg
640KB, 1280x853px
I'm trying to salvage 2 lcd monitors from a former store display.

I want to be able to use the screens as monitors, and I'd need them to plug into a computer easily (usb cable, microusb to usb cable, etc).

I've already taken it apart somewhat (nothing irreversible, only screws and cables) and I now have a screen with an lcd ribbon sticking out of it.

What can I do with this to make it into a monitor? I obviously need a way to power it and a method of transferring data, but I don't know where to begin. I can remove and use some modules and stuff from the inside of the case if needed.
>>
File: IMG_7275.jpg (485KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7275.jpg
485KB, 1280x853px
Here's the screen before I opened it.
>>
File: IMG_7278.jpg (658KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7278.jpg
658KB, 1280x853px
Here's another angle with the I/O ports in view.
>>
File: IMG_7279.jpg (642KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7279.jpg
642KB, 1280x853px
And here is a closer look at the LCD ribbon that comes out of the screen. I believe that it's a 40 pin ribbon.
>>
dude, those things are digital photo frames, or some shit - they are, in monitor terms, about as lo-rent as you'll get.

To use as a monitor, you'd need VGA, not USB - I am not saying there is no way whtsoever you could display a monitor signal on these, but, even if you could, the resolution is probably 640x480 or some equaly retarded shit.

put them back together, put a photocard in them, see if they work - then get rid off in ebay, get a proper monitor. Prob. cost you no more than you get for these, its not worth the hassle of trying to convert this for 'normal' VGA use, srsly.
>>
>>1002124
I appreciate your input, but I'd rather tinker around with it to get it to work. I don't need the monitors, I'm just doing this for fun. They don't need to be good, either. If they can only display a terminal that's okay by me.

My point is, I'd like to do this for the sake of doing it, nothing more.
>>
>>1002116
that looks like an lvds port, so you can probably get one of those hdmi/vga to lvds thingymabobs of fleabay and use it a a screen for whatever.
thing is you need to check which pair are being used on the cable to feed data to the screen and configure the thingamajig to use those, although lvds is a standard connector/interface the pairs used differ from manufacturer to manufacturer
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lvds-LCD-Driver-Controller-Board-Kit-for-LP154W01-A1-HDMI-DVI-VGA-/272257429226
gl
>>
>>1002229
Thing is, that it could also be a parallel TTL interface...
Post pics of every sticker you find on the LCD panel itsef...
>>
>>1002124
This
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.