[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soldering guns??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (225KB, 659x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 659x729px
Good quality ones, perhaps? Maybe some really good brands or what to look for in one?
Tried a soldering iron, but couldn't get the hang of it.
>>
>>1002040
Git gud
>>
>>1002043
dude is right, soldering gun and soldering iron are kinda the same thing
>>
>>1002084
In the same way a moped and a ducatti are the same thing.
>>
>>1002040
>Tried a soldering iron, but couldn't get the hang of it.
Heat the component instead of the solder or board. When you heat the component, it ensures a good connection. If you heat the solder there's a good chance it won't have a solid connection, and if you heat the board you dun goofed -- that's how you burn a trace or lift a pad, and then your Xbox won't work no more.
>>
>>1002086
If you fall of a moped you will die on a ducatti
>>
Doing electronics with a soldering gun is like using a sledgehammer to screw in screws.
>>
>>1002253
>Doing electronics with a soldering gun is like using a sledgehammer to screw in screws.
This is the thing, really....

You can get pencil-tip soldering guns (I know I've seen them online?) but most soldering guns use loop tips.

The loop tips can usually put out a LOT of heat (way more heat than you need for electronics soldering) but the magnetic fields they generate can damage more delicate electronics as well.

...You could *make* a pistol-grip for a regular iron if you wanted. I guess....
>>
Op here.
1002176 What do you mean by component? The connecting piece itself, not the circuit board right?
1002284 thank much
>>
>>1002733
The component is the bit you want soldered to the PCB.
>>
I MIG, TIG and gas weld and could never seem to get the hang of soldering with a gun.
I always use a mini torch but that won't help if you're working circuit board stuff.
Its already been said heat the piece not the solder. I usally heat from the bottom and bring the solder in from the top.
Make sure your wire and solder is clean. It helps.
>>
>>1002040
Any tips for soldering on a new battery to a Pokemon game? I know now to heat the component.
>>
>>1002733
linking to other posts a shit
>>
>>1002249
I once tried to use a soldering gun. I didn't know it was loaded and killed my younger brother.

Please sign my petition to ban assault soldering guns.
>>
Holy shit this thread, if you are too noob to solder with an iron, it aint the tool, it is you. Millions of people solder with iron. NASA solder with irons. Youtube NASA soldering. Soldering iron is perfectly capable of making perfect joints. Soldering guns on the other hand, are tools for heavy soldering, maybe thick copper wires or other heavy duty that an iron is simply not powerful enough.

TLDR get gud like the other anon said, watch NASA and PACE tutorials
>>
>>1004389
This. Using a solder gun on a circuit board is like cutting a loaf of bread with an axe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.