[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing toilet - unfamiliar connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20160601_105413.jpg (843KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_105413.jpg
843KB, 2592x1944px
>tl;dr: my toilet has this connection that I don't understand and I would like to know more

Good morning /diy/

Is anyone here experienced with toilets? Replacing them more than using them, specifically.

I'm supposed to replace the toilet in our house soon - it works fine, it's just old and we're gradually upgrading and modernising the place.

I've replaced toilets before but I've always encountered a flange that's flush with the floor, and used two long bolts to fasten the new toilet.

The current toilet appears to attach a bit differently. I'm not familiar with this style and don't know if I'm going to run into problems.

I am handy enough to do whatever work is required and prefer not to call in a plumber to do something this small.

Pic related - the connection between the toilet and the floor.

Cheers,
>>
>>1002024
That is odd. What country, how old, what style toilet? More pics would be great.
>>
>>1002044
Australia. The house was built in the mid 1980s so I assume the toilet is original.

The brand on the bowl is "Fowler Ware" for what it's worth.
>>
File: IMG_20160601_114228.jpg (685KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_114228.jpg
685KB, 1944x2592px
another
>>
>>1002045
Sorry ya fukkin cunt. I dont know shit about upsidedown land. I would start googling for 'old toilets' and see of anything matches
>>
File: IMG_20160601_114238.jpg (928KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_114238.jpg
928KB, 1944x2592px
>>
>>1002049
That is by far the weirdest toilet ive ever seen. Id bet you could just get a PVC toilet mount adapter and put a new toilet on your current pipe after cutting it back. Measure from the back of the ring to the wall and post in murricameters. I'll measure mine if needed, but I'm not sure if they're the same for you.
>>
>>1002057
Nvm, I just googled it. A standard toilet in the US has a flange that starts 12 inches from the wall. If you have 12 inches, you're golden. If not, you'll probably be doing some plumbing to lengthen your flange piping, then have to fill in that hole.
>>
File: 8898799.jpg (50KB, 259x300px) Image search: [Google]
8898799.jpg
50KB, 259x300px
>>1002024

Looks very similar to what we have in the UK, though they generally go through the wall.

The toilet will pull straight out from the floor connection, it's pretty much just a tight-fit rubber seal (no adhesive etc)

probably similar to pic related
>>
>>1002053
Looks like a P type toilet that has an adapter to make in an S type toilet.

Just go buy an S type shitter and you will be fine.
>>
File: 20160603_225429.jpg (731KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_225429.jpg
731KB, 2048x1152px
>>1003145
Pic related. S type shitter in my cuck shed.
>>
>>1002024
nigga.
it's easy as fuck.
Turn off water to the toilet, and the mains if you're worried about it.
flush the toilet so the cistern drains. Then unbolt the cistern from the toilet bowl.. the water in pipe that feeds into the back of the cisterne can be disconnected so you can remove it completely.

What you're photo is of is where the waste flushes from the toilet bowl into the sewage pipe. to take the bowl out all you have to do is, unscrew it. It should have two screws in the back of it holding it to the floor. and then break the ring of silicone glue that will be around the bottom of the foot of the toilet.
When the screws are undone and the glue seal broken you'll literally be able to just lift the toilet bowl out.

Which will leave you with an open waste pipe.
>>
>>1002024
Seems like a regular old PP toilet connector, no? You just lift the toilet out of those, if the toilet is old it requires a little force.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.