[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1-door room air-circulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image2.jpg (4MB, 4000x1271px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
4MB, 4000x1271px
Hey /diy/, hoping you can give me some ideas of how to do this. Pic related is the room (highlighted) that I need to ventilate/cool, it has no windows and the doorway goes into my kitchen which has 2 windows on the far opposite wall. Does anyone have ideas of how to cool this room? I was thinking of having a duct fan to bring air into the far end of the room, with a fan in the doorway blowing air into the kitchen, but that sounds like a really ugly solution. Any help is appreciated, cheap solutions preferred
>>
>>1001992
can you put holes in the walls? can it be permanent? do you pay for utilities?
>>
>>1002004
it's a rental so no holes or anything permanent. I pay for electricity and gas
>>
File: image4.jpg (3MB, 4000x1271px) Image search: [Google]
image4.jpg
3MB, 4000x1271px
anyone know how many fans would be necessary to have the air circulate the room like this?
>>
>>1001992
Only one door?

Fan blows cold air through the top of the door, the higher pressure cold air descends and pressure displaces the hotair either upward or out the bottom of the same door.

It's a bit like blowing a fan out one side of a window so you get fresh in through the other side
>>
>>1002369
You could also blow the air out from the room and create slightly lower pressure in the room so new air cycles in. This is exactly how fan blowing out a window words. But I think that might be less efficient for cooling than just pumping cold air into the room.
>>
>>1002369

wouldn't blowing cold air in through the bottom and blowing hot air out through the top make more sense? cold air wants to stay down and hot air wants to stay up - once the cold air in the room warms up it raises and gets blown out
>>
>>1002382
>wouldn't blowing cold air in through the bottom and blowing hot air out through the top make more sense?

You're going to want to use the fans to blow air out of the room. Cooler air will be sucked in. Perhaps another fan to mix the air inside the room but since you only have one big opening you want to get the hot air out and pushing it out is not as good and sucking it out.
>>
>>1002382
If you can actively push cold air and pull hot air then that'd be fine.

But cold air is higher pressure, so you'll create high pressure along the floor of the room relative to the outside room, so it might seep back out (cold air won't go up). If you pump cold air into the top of the room cold air will want to fall while hot air will rise (or go out the door).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.