[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/d/ Meta Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 8440757372988729713_0.jpg (15KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
8440757372988729713_0.jpg
15KB, 240x180px
Okay, so the stickied post about text based posts (cyoas, captions, etc) being disallowed has been taken down.

Does this mean that we can post them again? Or is this just a mistake? I've seen a resurgence in some threads which died after the rule change, so I'd assume the former, but I just want to make sure.
>>
Well, here we go.
>>
>>7581620
>Does this mean that we can post them again?
No, obviously the sticky was just a clarification of the rules.

>Or is this just a mistake?
The removing of the sticky? No. I'd say most people that made those threads and/or were confused about the rules saw the sticky. No need to keep it up and occupy thread space.
>>
>>7581778
The problem with that is since the sticky is gone,people are still gonna make threads since there's no reminder not to.
>>
>>7581968
Just report and ignore, it's on them to read the rules. And lurk if you don't understand board culture.
>>
>>7581778
>No, obviously the sticky was just a clarification of the rules.
Nothing in the rules against those threads though.
>>
>>7582043
If you want to get technical about the rules, they can delete any thread and ban anyone as they please.
>>
>>7582043
It was the rule about not posting garbage, the mod clarified that those threads were garbage.
>>
>>7582069
>interstate commerce clause
>>
>>7582075
What?
>>
>>7581620
>they have stopped telling me not to do something constantly
>does that mean I can do it now

Genuine autistic logic.
>>
>>7582618
How is that related to autism?
>>
>>7582081
I think he's referring to a bit of the constitution that the U.S. government uses to get away with all sorts of shit it really shouldn't.
>>
>>7582635
Because that is a behavior that autistic kids actually exhibit.
>>
>>7582660
Well that's a stupid comparison.
>>
File: f78.png (314KB, 717x436px) Image search: [Google]
f78.png
314KB, 717x436px
>>7581778
>the sticky was a clarification of the rules
>>
>>7581778
You do realize that stickies don't have to occupy thread space right?
>>
more serious question (since the stuff getting banned has been beaten to death):

why has there been so much shit posting on here the last few months (inb4 summer because it goes back a little further than that)? All I see when I open threads is kink shaming, childish name calling, and stupid reaction pics, all /b/-tier behavoir. I've seen more request threads go up in the last 3 months than I've seen on here in 5 years.

also other people are reporting that shit right?
>>
>>7581778
>>7581971
www.4chan.org/rules#d

Nothing explicitly states text-based post aren't allowed.
>>
>>7583062
Funnily enough, there are explicit rules prohibiting fanart, yet the drawthread remains one of the most popular threads on /d/.
>>
>>7582618

Say you're at a pool. The sign with the regular "pool rules" doesn't say anything about smoking, but there is another sign saying "no smoking."

Now, if you were to come back the next day and see that the "no smoking" sign is gone without explanation, and that nothing has been added to sign with the regular rules, would it be autistic to assume smoking is okay now?
>>
>>7583073
That sign has been there every day for years, and now it's gone. What makes more sense. Suddenly this public area with families and kids are happy for smokers to light up, or maybe they took the sign down for a little while so they could make a new one?
>>
>>7583197

>Sign has been there every day for years

It's only been like a month or two.
>>
>>7583062
How can you already forget what the sticky explained? Fucking alzheimer's having dipshits.
>>
>>7582665
Is it? "Garbage" is objectively subjective, so that rule quite literally does let mods justify any post deletion or ban.
Not that I'm against it, that's just how this site has been since I started using it.
>>
>>7583401
>Is it?
Yes, because it's a problem when the government can do whatever the fuck they want because they actually matter. It's not a problem when mods on an anonymous imageboard can do whatever the fuck they want, because it's a private site.
It's not like freedom of speech or other rights apply here, in fact the administration would have all the right to just say fuck it and nuke the whole site even. To compare this site to the government is retarded.
>>
>>7583404
I see, the government is more important and has different duties, therefore a comparison between the function of two rules, however apt, is stupid.
Nobody, despite you clearly think, was saying that if you think this rule is OK then you must think that rule is OK. They were comparing the effective function, which is to let the governing body do whatever they like.
>>
>>7583412
>Nobody, despite you clearly think, was saying that if you think this rule is OK then you must think that rule is OK. They were comparing the effective function, which is to let the governing body do whatever they like.
I assumed there was a negative implication with it. That specific rule is only negative because it's used by the government, it wouldn't be negative in this situation.
>>
>>7583234
>it's only been like a month or two
plus throughout that time, a lot of smokers spoke out saying they want to smoke, so the sudden disappearance of the sign might mean something.
>>
>>7583443
Anybody with a brain would realize that a rule change would only happen if there'd be a communication from the mods, not by absence of communication. Not him.
>>
>>7583404
>because it's a private site.
Last I checked, /d/ is very much a public website that can be easily accessed by almost anybody with an internet connection. Not some playground for moderators.
>>
>>7583525
I meant privately owned, as opposed to the government. You don't have the same rights here as you do in a government facility.
>>
>>7583529
I don't know why you're comparing 4chan to a "government facility", but that doesn't mean we can't voice our complaints to the moderators. The fact that this thread is autosaging right now is a pretty clear violation of Hiro allowing each board a meta thread.
>>
>>7583536
>I don't know why you're comparing 4chan to a "government facility"
Because that's what somebody else brought up. That's what this conversation is about. Don't jump into a conversation if you don't know what it's about.
>>
jesus christ, if i was a mod i'd've deleted this thread just for the last bunch of posts
>>
Mods either need to leave a sticky up to clarify the rules.
Or mods need to update the rules.
Otherwise you risk precisely this, where nobody knows whether it is allowed or not.
In addition, newfags will have no idea what is an isn't allowed
What is most important is that there are explicit, transparent rules, and it seems mods have abandoned having that.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.