[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgg/ - /d/ Games General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 50

File: 1466511430802.jpg (346KB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1466511430802.jpg
346KB, 1024x1440px
Stockade Edition

Previous Thread: >>7430646

Discuss lewd games, share your projects, and have others critique them.

Post pictures (/d/ related, preferably) to inspire devs and keep the thread alive.

Check the archives before posting requests:
http://archive.loveisover.me/d/

>/dgg/ Game Catalog:
http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq

>Orificial Discord
https://discord.gg/CZ67xZt

>New OP Guide:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/9y7xq
>>
>>7438651
There's no playable version yet, so there's nothing to leak.
>>
PE update when?
>>
talk about games you like
>>
More paizuri when?
>>
>>7439038
Whenever, they don't post here anyway.
>>
File: 1493120641715.gif (2MB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
1493120641715.gif
2MB, 250x291px
Reposting from last thread.

What is your favorite setting for an H-game?

Fantasy?
Sci-fi?
Modern day?
Steampunk?
Cyberpunk?
Dieselpunk?
Horror?
Historical?
Alternate historical?
Near future?
Far future?
Farce?
Bizarro?
Inside an MMO?
Inside a woman?
Inside a penis?
Inside Fenoxo?
>>
Last link went down, re-up:
>>
>>7439062
er, accidental shift+enter, meant to append:

No Haven - 0.74 Backer Build

.rag:
https://mega.nz/#!XJQzSRpR!8O4PR6-3n9b9R-v1nO_qkP1aooqjUpV1fanKfl2rwpE
>>
>>7439053
Modern day mixed with fantasy.
>>
Yo /dgg/, what's the best way to record my game's progress and turn it into a webm?
I'd prefer not having to pirate FRAPS since I've already gotten in trouble once for pirating.
Of course, no buying either.
>>
>>7439113
>I've already gotten in trouble once for pirating.
You must now tell this story.
>>
>>7439113
Not sure about webms specifically, but I use ShareX to generate looping gifs of surprisingly small filesizes.
>>
>>7439115
Oh, pretty sure it was because I pirated Westworld.
It made it so that, for some reason, pages would occasionally get hijacked saying something about my ISP recognizing that I was illegally downloading content, and to stop and pay a fine.
Now, I thought it was a virus at first, but two things. First, it happened across all computers and phones, and only hijacked once. After that it went away.
And two, I'd actually gotten in trouble once before for pretty much the same thing, but in that case it came with an email that said 'Don't pay any fines, it's just used to scare you. Delete the content and stop doing it.'

So now I try to avoid pirating if I can help it.
>>
>>7439122
Your ISP a shit

Avoid torrents and you will be fine
>>
>>7439053
Fantasy and Modern are alright, don't see much Steampunk, or Cyberpunk settings though.
>>
>>7439132
Spoiler alert: All ISPs are shit.
>>
>>7439122
> not using a proxy
> not using peerblock
>>
>>7439053
Horror, because I'm an amputee and guro fan.
>>
>>7439117
I'm looking into ShareX now.
This might be what I need, thanks!
>>
>>7439178
I also use this to edit said gifs afterwards (remove frames, increase speed, etc):
https://ezgif.com/

There's probably a program for that, but I don't make many gifs.
>>
>>7439053
Scifi horror.
>>
>>7439113
Obs is free. So is shadow Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia GPU. Just turn on desktop recording and record what you need. Then just convert to webm
>>
>>7439053
Japanese school
>>
File: Game_UI.webm (2MB, 1448x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Game_UI.webm
2MB, 1448x1032px
>>7439178
>>7439117
Alright, after a night of endlessly working on UI, I have gotten it almost exactly how I wanted it.
>Ignore the mismatched pointer, my high DPI monitor is messing with the recording
The colors can be reconfigured to whatever the user wants (no way to change it in game yet) in case you don't want the windows 10 theme.
Next thing to do is get a barely-functioning store working.
And yes, this intro can be skipped. Or I'll rewrite it.
>>
>>7439246
Looks pretty decent. What language are you writing that in?
>>
File: a88e2ab11191e1e1c3cfaf162c6930a5.png (124KB, 1165x725px) Image search: [Google]
a88e2ab11191e1e1c3cfaf162c6930a5.png
124KB, 1165x725px
>>7439252
Game maker.
I'm pretty damn happy with what I've got so far, because it's really fucking easy to make a room, which means adding content should be a breeze.

As a sidenote, I'm not exactly sold on the 'typewriter' effect. I originally added it because it would go away after you've seen the text for the first time, which means every time it happens it's a new scene you haven't read yet.
But that was mostly put in place so you don't accidentally skip content.
But with the restructure of the game, that's much less needed, since you'll want to read everything regardless if you've read it already because stats will be changing constantly.
>>
>>7439268
>you'll want to read everything regardless if you've read it already because stats will be changing constantly.
Not really, no
>>
>>7439280
Ok, then I'll keep it in.
I'll probably keep it at that pace. Gives a sort of windup instead of hitting you over the head.
I'm also planning to add colored text here in a bit. I assume that won't be too hard, but we'll see.
>>
>>7439268
>>7439301
The effect is fine as long as a single keystroke makes all the text appear instantly
>>
>>7439246
is this the game about androids with puyo art work?
if so do you have a blog i can follow updates
>>
>>7439510
Yes it is, and no, no blog yet.
Should I make one? I don't really know how many people would care.
>>
>>7431297

Thanks! Just trying Rack 2 for the first time, but I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to via google searching.

When you're interacting with specimens, it's on manual control, how do you change that?

How do you place furniture you bought from your inventory?

How does research in that virtual space work?

I know these should be simple questions to find answers to, but I can't find a manual/forum/faq about the control scheme or how some of this gameplay works.

If anyone can help me out, it'd be much appreciated.
>>
>>7439527
>How does research in that virtual space work?
Its like reverse minesweeper with the number telling you how far the next research point is from that tile. You need to use all the colours and can colour over other colour numbers because they could be where that colours research point is. You can leave the colour you have the least of till last and basicaly use the minimum amount as the only spaces left are for that colour.

I dont have an answer for the rest of those questions but its and alpha so the answer is probably 'you cant'.
>>
>>7439527
>reddit spacing
Fuck. Off.
It's so goddamn difficult to read posts with pants-on-head retarded typesetting like that.
>>
>>7439607
Placing a break between separate lines makes them harder to read?
>>
>>7439626
No

Placing two linebreaks

Between every pause in your writing does.

How the fuck could you think

That this is easier to read

Than a normal sentence?
>>
>>7439527
As often as 'reddit spacing' complaints get tossed around, this is actually a valid usage of one. Use linebreaks to separate complete thoughts, much like you would use a paragraph. Don't insert linebreaks for every line. This post could have been rewritten as:

--

Thanks! Just trying Rack 2 for the first time, but I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to via google searching:

When you're interacting with specimens, it's on manual control, how do you change that? How do you place furniture you bought from your inventory? And, how does research in that virtual space work?

I know these should be simple questions to find answers to, but I can't find a manual/forum/faq about the control scheme or how some of this gameplay works. If anyone can help me out, it'd be much appreciated.
>>
>>7439626
Not anon you are responding to.

But, yes.

It's seriously goddamn jarring.

Please stop.

It looks retarded.

Also, it breaks flow.

For.

Every.

Damn.

Sentence.

I, like the other Anons, are adults capable of having a continuous thought.

Treat us like one.

Or not.

Your call.
>>
>>7439607
We get it dude. You don't like double spaces. Your autism gets triggered every damn thread anytime someone puts a space between thoughts. Chill out

>>7439626
Also this. It's easier to read if everything isn't one blob of streaming consciousness so I don't know what he's talking about. Is his screen huge so the spacing makes it difficult to track things?
>>
>>7439633
>>7439639
But they don't break lines mid sentence. What are you talking about?
>>
>>7439640
>Your autism gets triggered every damn thread
First time I've ever posted about it. Why do obvious shitposters always feel the need to accuse everyone of samefagging?
>someone puts a space between thoughts
Putting a linebreak between sentences isn't the problem.

It's putting multiple

Between conntected thoughts

It just makes the sentence

Much more difficult to read

And makes you stand out as an obvious "outsider"
>>
>>7439644
Nah
>>
>>7439642
What the fuck are you talking about? I (>>7439639) didn't break anything mid sentence. I did use a gratuitous amount of punctuation to really emphasize the point for a part, but otherwise didn't break anything mid sentence.

>>7439640
See >>7439634 for realistic use case.
>>
>>7439640
>the only possibilities are massive walls of text without any separation between thoughts whatsoever (read: punctuation) or adding two line breaks in the middle of a thought
Nice false dichotomy, anon.
>>
Anyone else having trouble with Parasite in City's Torrent link not working?
>>
>>7439660
I will solve this problem for you, but only if you weigh in on this reddit spacing discussion.
>>
>>7439700
Not him but I just realized that if fenoxo really wanted to deter piracy an algorithm that fills the game with Reddit spacing would do the trick. Haha. Please don't tell fen

Also, just curious, where did calling it "Reddit spacing" come from? I've only been on there a few times and I don't think I was paying attention enough to notice if everyone was double spacing out every part of a thought. Or is it just a wide spread phenomenon and 4chan dislikes Reddit "invader" and just labeled it as such? Where does this evil spawn? Kikebook? Jewtube? Etc. lol
>>
>>7439713
Don't quote me on this because the info comes from some random guy on /vg/, but supposedly it's because internally on reddit it completely ignores a single linebreak, so in order to have reasonable typesetting, they need to put double linebreaks everywhere. Some redditors over here noticed the habit and started calling out their fellow redditors for structuring their posts in that extremely noticeable way. Then it reached /pol/ and started to resemble McCarthyism.
>Please don't tell fen
He reads the threads, so you don't need to worry about anyone but you telling him.
>>
>>7439737
Huh. Well that makes a lot of sense
And yeah, the last part was more or less a joke. I know he reads the threads but please do shoot me if he actually does it. Haha
>>
>>7439737
Reddit uses a form of markdown.
Which means that smart people would just add two spaces at the end of their lines to get a new line. But instead reddit as been formatted to make a new paragraphs (two lines) almost look like just a regular new line.
It's stupid.

I think that having literally every line spaced out like that looks awful. >>7439527
>>7439639
>>7439644
A regular old line break would do the trick just fine.
Example:

Thanks! Just trying Rack 2 for the first time, but I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to via google searching.
When you're interacting with specimens, it's on manual control, how do you change that?
How do you place furniture you bought from your inventory?
How does research in that virtual space work?
I know these should be simple questions to find answers to, but I can't find a manual/forum/faq about the control scheme or how some of this gameplay works.
If anyone can help me out, it'd be much appreciated.

No sane human would type with double spacing, it's a habit picked up from posting on reddit a shitton. Thus, reddit spacing.
>>
I've never once posted on Reddit and I think double spacing things is fine. It's obnoxious after every sentence, rather I think it's better used to separate thoughts or subject matter.

That said, especially when posting on the desktop 4chan site, breaking lines (not necessarily with a double space mind you) is useful too. It prevents giant blobs of text that don't word wrap until the edge of the screen. I'll take line breaks over 20+ inches of one line of text any day.
>>
>>7439790
I agree with that second statement.
>>
File: 1471341643632.png (84KB, 1345x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471341643632.png
84KB, 1345x594px
>>7439813
You can change the post width so that it doesn't take up the entire screen.
>>
>>7439836
Thank you kind anon from a random /d/ thread. You have forever changed my browsing experience.
Seriously, thanks for the random advice.
>>
>>7439064
I kind of wish he took a little time out to balance that other game, name isn't coming to me but it's the predecessor to no haven. It has soo much potential but you just limp your way through the game, I guess that could be the point but it makes getting to the end more of a grind and luck than skill.
>>
>>7439941
I'm sure bedlam will get around to that in a mo.
>>
File: 1450426343924.jpg (185KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450426343924.jpg
185KB, 1024x1024px
I have ideas but I wanted to collect some more. I'm setting up TFs triggered by one of the creatures in my game and want to know what people would think would fit in as relevant changes to the player character.
The creature is a white alien arachnid, with blue markings, an ovipositor and fat egg sacks, that attaches to the face of a victim and implants an egg into their body, like facehuggers in Alien.
The egg eventually hatches, the larva feed on the player character, fill them with hormones and then eventually burst their way free (or are birthed naturally depending on circumstance and player fetish settings).

What kind of things do you think this would do to a player, because I want excessive exposure to this parasitism to change the victim character into a brood mother for these things. I already have simple stuff like skin and eye color changes, hip and ass expansion, etc. and I plan on thing like: increased fertility to increase the growth speed of the larva, more flexibility to accommodate more. Etc.
Any ideas or just weird alien parasite related TF shit you like in general?

Also of note, I like both rapid changes and gradual changes as well, both kinds of TFs will be included in the end result.
>>
>>7440212
Maybe the player's womb gradually turning transluscent like an egg sac itself, displaying the growing creatures to all?

Or the player precum gradually growing sticky and silky like webbing, developing tiny spinnerets or pedipalps on the outside/inside of the vagina to make future mating interesting. Ability to read or communicate with aliens of this species using pheremones. Maybe developing a second stomach to use for trophallaxis feeding of the freshly birthed young.

My mind is mostly going to spider stuff. Anything specific to this alien besides arachnid traits?
>>
>>7440212
>I already have simple stuff like skin and eye color changes,
Using debug I hit a weird point for these where my skin and eye colour would just mutate over and over randomly. Smell too, maybe (I don't remember much other than the copper-smell one).
Wouldn't it make more sense if you gradually mutated from a state A (original point) to a final state B (arachnid-morph) without randomly "reverting" the process?

Right now you've got already got skin, eye, smell, body shape mutations.
Once you make your body smell relevant (increased encounters, more consensual behaviour of wild arachnids) and the whole increased capacity and accelerated growth, I think that would be fine.
>>
>>7440212
What am I looking at
>>
>>7440261
Consensual lovemaking for the purpose of reproduction
>>
File: 1492015901410.png (327KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
1492015901410.png
327KB, 600x419px
>>7439025
Playing eratoho, and the game insists you can rape girls without stopping time, but I'm befuddled as to how. I've already tried to find the 2(4)chan thread for it and didn't find shit.
>>
>>7440253
Ah yeah, not smell but "blood and membrane". Same deal, should be a gradual shift from A to B instead of random settings.
>>
File: TE_Pixel_Ovikar_XLi.png (7KB, 127x170px) Image search: [Google]
TE_Pixel_Ovikar_XLi.png
7KB, 127x170px
>>7440234
Hmn, some really good suggestion there. I especially like the translucent belly idea, I already have "semi-translucent pale skin" as TF in the game, so I don't know why I didn't think of that. lol.

And I certainly want the pheromone/alien traits to change interactions with the arachnids, so that'll be good.

As for spinnerets and silk,etc, I'll probably reserve those for specifically spider TFs. These things are just "arachnid" like aliens, they don't have silk or anything.

Physiologically they're basically a big egg sack and an ovipositor with spider legs. They pump their victims full of a nutritious but anesthetic compound, puts them to sleep and impregnates them with eggs. The hatched young are more worm like than they are arachnid and only take on their spider like forms after pupating.

So I figured stuff like "character lactates the spider's knockout goo" and maybe separate TFs depending on genitalia. like a dick becoming an egg layer. that kind of stuff.

>>7440253
Huh, weird. I'll have to look into that. They shouldnt shift color once assigned unless TFd again and in that case once you have part of the TF set, it should take the skintone/eyecolor changes off the regular rng pool. And yes, I'd prefer to do more gradual TFs when possible, so I want to come up with more "effects over time" stuff.

My skin color systems and other things don't have a lot of inbetweens yet though (skin color x,y or z instead of skin color pale level is now 3.5 etc.) So most of the gradual stuff I want to stick on the "heavier changes", but I'll see what can be done.
>>
File: TE_Pixel_Ovikari_Big.png (5KB, 127x170px) Image search: [Google]
TE_Pixel_Ovikari_Big.png
5KB, 127x170px
>>7440275
forgot trip, eh, whatever

>>7440271
Ah, yes, blood.
Think I should pull a red, purple, blue kind of thing?
>>
>>7440275
A combination of the mouth becoming a erogenous zone and resistance to the goo growing or something similar. Basically making you stay concious through a pleasurable ordeal.
>>
>>7440279
Yeah, same as skin would be gradually more translucent/spotted/veiny.
Just went and did some testing, it seems that if you get your first ovikari eggs from the special-NPC they don't hatch properly (got 7 of them, then a common one pumped me with another that absorbed the 7... but it didn't hatch either).
>>
File: 1420440939487.jpg (831KB, 1284x969px) Image search: [Google]
1420440939487.jpg
831KB, 1284x969px
>>7440300
Ah, wait I feel dumb. I should probably just do a tiered system. The TFs can be randomly selected from a pool, but you'll need a number or prerequisite TFs to gain the more extreme ones.

IE, need simple things like bigger hips and paler skin before translucence, blood color and alien eyes, etc.
Build it up. That way an ordinary human doesn't have one TF and get stuff with a bug head or fur or something from a single event.

But yeah, I'll also try to do more transitions. Blood/membranes I can do, because blood has only a few core colors and then a handful of intermediate ones so it would be easy to do transitons. Skincolor is harder, because there are 32 different colors and not every color has a transitional one yet, but I could cheese some of it like this.

Player has pink skin, get TFd a couple times, get messages about skin getting lighter, but don't actually change the skincolor until it reaches the threshold and then make it the new color.
So they get a mental picture of their character still having pink skin, but lighter, and then when it transitions to gray it'll be less, sudden.

>>7440297
Good idea. "mouth sensitivity" is a new variable I'll be tossing in there. lol

>>7440300
Thanks for the bug report. The egg system seems simple enough and I keep thinking I've fixed the bugs with them, but they just keep dying lol. I'll keep looking into it and see what I can do.
Also, just thanks for the feedback in general dudes.
>>
>>7439064
>http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq
can't get it to work using the version of rags he says to use.
>>
>>7440369
don't know why I posted that link
>>
File: 1477443084750.png (28KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
1477443084750.png
28KB, 480x330px
>>7440369
He posted 0.74 on his blog, but basically said that it doesn't work. You may be experiencing the same issue.
>>
>>7440369
what version of RAGS are you using?
>>
>>7440382
>>
>>7440387
Try downloading a different version of 2.4.16.0
I remember when I first tried playing No Haven that the version of 2.4.16.0 that I downloaded was missing key parts.

Can confirm that the No Haven posted on his blog does load.
>>
File: 1476880673661.png (13KB, 415x115px) Image search: [Google]
1476880673661.png
13KB, 415x115px
He has been hiding the hotfix from the public; available to patrons only. Try this version.

No Haven 0.74 - Patreon Hotfix

.rag:
https://mega.nz/#!sB1URCaT!Esh7GL4EQs0Xyxyb0e1NB84b-IOsDaDyFPLilrUtaKg
>>
>>7440401
>RAGS
>>
>>7440401
Patrons get versions A DAY early.
>>
Are there any new and upcoming that are interesting?
>>
>>7440401
Only giving hotfixes to patreons is pretty cool
>>
>>7440419
I'm still eagerly awaiting the day Carnal Souls is actually playable.
>>
File: c89512b6d4275c11903dca9f13c010fa.png (97KB, 1345x1008px) Image search: [Google]
c89512b6d4275c11903dca9f13c010fa.png
97KB, 1345x1008px
Hey /dgg/, I'm driving myself insane.
Trying to get a functional UI for the store management part of my game.
What do you guys think of something like this?
Description will have a CoC style description of the store, detailing all the possible lewd robot parts you have, and eventually the 'services' that your androids can provide.
The text box on the right is essentially a 'random event' that happens throughout the door. It's mostly fluff text, but it will reflect the current state of either the robot you brought to help, or your store, or your customers.
The 'Done' button will finish up your day, rolling for minor/major random events until you close for the day.
Thoughts?
>Box and Raffine placeholders for now
>>
>>7440516
To be honest, my hopes and dreams died when you said this was being made in gamemaker. But sure, the UI is fine.
>>
>>7440527
Why's that anon?
>>
>>7440516
>Yay, me make buttons!
>>
>>7440516
I would make the buttons smaller and more game-like. Right now the UI just screams "Please put item in bagging area."
>>
>>7440555
>>7440564
>please put item in bagging area
Thanks for making me laugh anon
Alright, feedback heard.
I made the buttons as big as I did because the text ends up running really long on some of the events I want to do.
But I also have tooltips for the buttons already programmed, so I can just move some of that data into the tooltip and shrink the buttons down.

Honestly I'm having trouble really deciding on what the hell the store page needs to show. There's supposed to be events that you can choose to do (the buttons), but that's all that really needs to be displayed. Time and money is already on the right.
Fuck, I hate this. I just want to program, I don't want to do this UI stuff.
>>
how's the dev with the froggo and the trap doing?
>>
>>7439053
middle age without fantasy but with traps is ideal.
Fantasy otherwise.
>>
File: 1494845228247.gif (710KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1494845228247.gif
710KB, 258x258px
>>7440574
Summoning the froggo-trap dev!
>>
>>7440527
at least it's not freaking Ren'Py. That engine will genuinely make me drop whatever game it's on.
>>
>>7440579
I'm only using GM because I'm familiar with it.
As a player, why do you dislike Game Maker?
>>
>>7440583
For me I'm totally fine with game maker personally. Just never use Ren'Py
>>
>>7440577
doesn't even look like a trap, it's straight up yaoi.
>>
>>7440591
No, your gay.
>>
>>7440593
>you're
>>
>>7440631
*your
>>
File: F7_Bee_Lay3.gif (987KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
F7_Bee_Lay3.gif
987KB, 640x480px
>>7440275
>>7440212
Huge parasite/body mutation fag here so take my post with a grain of salt:
>more orifices adapt and become fertile to allow penetration and impregnation by hugger
>mouth, nipples, bellybutton, anus, vagina and male urethra all allow eggs to penetrate and gestate in newly formed wombs in the stomach, nipple ducts, existing womb, and testicles or prostrate if you are gelded
>mutated bellybutton allows you to constantly have a symbiotic hugger attached both breeding you and feeding you at all times without obstructing the face
>mutated nipples lactate goo but at a lower rate while bearing larvae (they will take a share)
>mutated guts become chambered and gravid to maximize breeding potential while not hampering digestion
>prostate/testicles/vagina become able to cum goo or oviposit immature eggs (either injected or formed naturally at high mutation)
>leaving eggs in there too long will cause them to hatch and leave the urethra/vagina manually
>goo glands form in mouth so you can facehug and regurgitate eggs into another host without needing sexual organs
>>
>>7440682
i wish he kept working on fairy fighting instead of making wolfs dungeon
>>
>>7440682
Yup.. I wholeheartedly second everything this fag suggested.
>>
>>7439113
OBS
>>7439117
sharex a shit
>>
>>7439113
relive if AMD, shadowplay if nvidia; check if your card is new enough to support it

convert the mp4 file this creates into a .webm using webm for retards

1-3fps performance hit using the two things above vs 30%+ fps hit using shit like obs and fraps.
>>
>>7440883
I have a feeling he doesn't need ultra high quality encodes
>>
>>7440579
What's wrong with Ren'Py?
>>
File: 1487133903796.png (515KB, 1280x1618px) Image search: [Google]
1487133903796.png
515KB, 1280x1618px
>>7441033
>whats wrong with ren'py
>>
>>7441033
It's up there with RPG Maker in terms of shit software for idiots that can't be bothered to learn how to use a real engine.
>>
>>7441065
How do you survive in a thread full of Flash, Rags and Twine?
>>
>>7441033
It also encrypts all the values of the game, which makes cheating in them a major annoyance.
Now take a game with shit gameplay but good porn and only the denial-fetishists will enjoy it.
>>
>>7441071
I ignore them while fruitlessly tugging at my limp dick, waiting with fading hope for a real game to come and save my from my impotence.
>>
>>7441071
I'd take all of these every time over ren'py. no contest.
>>
>>7439038
pe is ded
>>
File: 1489882399309.jpg (86KB, 372x551px) Image search: [Google]
1489882399309.jpg
86KB, 372x551px
>>7441077
>he doesn't know how to decompile ren'py novels
>>
There any games for age regression?
>>
>>7440319
>Blood/membranes (...) Skincolor is harder
Well, there's also one thing you can use to streamline that - skin colour relies on three variables mainly: blood colour, pigmentation colour and density.

So, you can totally pull ghostly diaphanous jellyfish-characters with white blood, and 0 pigment density (whatever colour).
On the other hand, a scaled creature has maximum density, so blood colour has no impact, only pigmentation (which can be as varied as you come up with, including chameleony).

>Thanks for the bug report.
No problem. It happened after loading a save before the first infestation, for reference.
>>
>>7440394
>a different version of 2.4.16.0
You see, this is why RAGS is the ultimate shit.
>>
File: 1459344713832.jpg (190KB, 461x426px) Image search: [Google]
1459344713832.jpg
190KB, 461x426px
>>7440682
>>7440855
Aye, shit man. These are great suggestions and exactly why I set up my parasite system to work in numerous body cavities. These should all be do able with my current mechanics, but some of them will probably take a bit more setup.
Either way, definitely going on the list.
Thanks senpai
>>
>>7441161
Damn it, hate to double post but posted the other before I saw yours.

Currently skin color has a "pigment color", a shade (light,medium, dark) and a chroma shift (neutral, red shift, blue shift, yellow shift) and these all work together to determine the skin color transformation scenes, how blood effects the resulting pigment combo and how one color shifts to another among other things. It also helps let the system know how to describe the color beyond just color synonyms.

Didn't think of an "opacity" layer because, text game, but that makes perfect sense now. Changing the impact blood has on color as well as simple description differences between a range of (clear, translucent, semi-translucent, normal human, thick as shit and rock solid, ect) So I'll hook that in there.

Thanks again pal, all this good shit is why I come here.
>>
>>7441187
Glad to help, gonna check latest ver for more ovikari stuffs now.
>>
File: 1479344577932.png (279KB, 1225x542px) Image search: [Google]
1479344577932.png
279KB, 1225x542px
Not satisfied with his Patreon riches, Fenoxo starts selling tangible shit.

>tfw no syri mug
>>
>>7441280
FUGGGG
>>
>>7441280
>$21 t-shirts

Literally what. How does this jew actually think he needs more money? Alimony?
>>
>>7441187
Yeah I'm also getting the bug where I take an egg.. it grows once, then it goes silent forever or it gets rejected from malnurishment, not matter how stuffed the belly is and after trying anything for supplement. After roughtly 20 attempts on about 10 fresh games, I only got the eggs to reject 2 times, all other times the system goes quiet. This is with both one egg and multiple via mouth. From both normal and bloated Ovikari. Hope this helps isolate the issue.
>>
>>7441280
I can't even...

Shirts?! Mugs?! Can we actually get more updates than bullshit. How much more money we got to toss his way till something actually gets "completed"? ffs
>>
>>7441171
do you have anymore by the same guy similar to your pic?
the guy that made them deleted them all from his pixiv
>>
>>7441077
What? It's fucking Python. And it's piss easy to enable the console.
Are you seriously so dumb that typing "cash = 5000" is too difficult for you?
>>
>My python > your python
/dgg/ lads & gents
>>
>>7441336
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7441187
-The roofie-dart statue picture doesn't leave when you're done with the event on its own like the others.
-You get ovikari eggs in your stomach from vaginal intercourse with lil' bloaty, without the massive internal wounds it would imply.
-You develop sugar sickness pretty much instantly by swallowing a single liter of its juice, talk about solving world hunger...
-Arachnid substrate taken in is listed in ounces even in metric modo.
-I reached a point where I couldn't out-milk my own production, constantly being full and leaking right after milking.
-With numpad mode activated, numpad+ works but numpad- doesn't.
-I got 9 eggs to miscarry after getting egged by 'normal' ovis enough times, but no actual growth.
-Lil' bloaty refills waay too fast, 15 minutes after draining 2L out of it, it's already back at 1L...
-It seems the scene transitions while switching actions remember the last thing you did, for example
>find lil' bloaty
>fuck him empty
>it leaves
>find it again
>use your mouth
>text says you switch from fucking it to using your mouth

Think that's all so far. Have fun storming the bugs out.
>>
>>7441336
I'll show you my python if you show me yours.
>>
>Jewlam still password protects No Haven like it's in any way secure.
So, what the fuck made him get his panties in a twist and lock it in the first place?
>>
>>7441353
Can't remember if the passwording started with 'in a mo' or that time someone uploaded the game with dev mode enabled.
>>
>>7441353
You already know it's because one anon distributed a version with cheats enabled and the babby tantrum it caused.
>>
>>7441353
The same reason that he literally bans anyone who mentions /d/ to this day.
>>
>>7441187
A final result: from a saved game, accepting only normal ovikaris lets larvae hatch, grow and be born correctly, even carrying 4 at a time.

Oh, also
>You awake, feeling nauseous, revolting and sore but otherwise unharmed. (...)
>This event has greatly disturbed you.
Lies and slander.
>You awake, feeling positively fucking glorious and sore but totally worth it. (...)
>You can't wait until your next clutch!
FTFY
>>
>>7441362
>>7441366
Why the fuck are there so many cluster b personalities in porn game development? Is it because this type of thing just attracts degenerates?
>>
TiTS 0.7.55 Backer Build (Tracking Removed)

Normal Game
.swf:
https://mega.nz/#!DFwB3QzJ!8mw1llQnchq4TXniaCuYL_wl5c8h7Y5RURD3R6vRHbs

.apk (ARM):
Sent to lance at 8/f/ for building. Will post separately when ready.

White Syri Edition (Restores Cheshire's original Syri bust)
.swf:
https://mega.nz/#!3IBCEYZY!tkwPFyrEnN6l586VguvbMdfJENlzIdMWtz6Z9Vzz1Dk

Notes:
I don't keep old versions hosted.
>>
>>7441380
Probably.
Having your gentle project-waifu being raped by anon-kun by enabling a cheat mode you were keeping for yourself is totally ntr-grade terribility !
>>
>>7441380
People who end up working in these are the people who are not good enough to do normal games and succeed.

There are no winners in this field.
>>
>>7441381
>White Syri Edition (Restores Cheshire's original Syri bust)
Is this the new version but with the good image added in or is this just the last version before it was removed?
>>
How do you download Rags?
>>
>>7441417
Unless that account gets blacklisted and I end up with sabotaged builds again, White Syri Edition is always the latest build, but with the good Syri bust instead of the shitty new one.
>>
>>7441419
You go to the RAGS site and download it. Then you just double click the RAGS game you want to play and it should just launch. What game did you want to play?
>>
>>7441424
I wanted to play the No Haven game but I just can't seem to find the website. I'm probably retarded though.
>>
>>7441421
Is there a way to get into contact with Fenoxo and thell him to stop being literaly fucking retarded and actively making the game worse by removing the best art of characters?
>>
File: 1473540631856.jpg (812KB, 1042x1681px) Image search: [Google]
1473540631856.jpg
812KB, 1042x1681px
>>7441426
Yes, you are. Learn how to lurk more and/or use google before asking retarded questions.
>>
>>7441426
>I wanted to play the No Haven game
Play literaly any other RAGS game. No Haven is fucking garbage.
>>
>>7441426
Try playing Wife Trainer instead, it's the only RAGS game that I've found that isn't a steaming pile of garbage.
>>
File: 1471186339712.png (245KB, 1718x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1471186339712.png
245KB, 1718x1561px
>>7441427
>stop being literaly fucking retarded and actively making the game worse by removing the best art of characters?
It won't do any good. People have been complaining since it happened. Fenoxo thinks the bust is better.
>>
>>7441426
>I wanted to play the No Haven game but I just can't seem to find the website
Bedlam hosts the needed RAGS build and associated dependencies here:
http://bedlamgames.tumblr.com/post/128350243101/running-rags-games-on-windows-10

Be warned though, you're in for garbage with No Haven.
>>
>>7441264
>>7441287
>>7441340
>>7441379
Thanks for all the data. This is a huge help

I'm at work right now but I'm eager to get home and see if I can finally find the root of this issue. Been a problem for a while now

Also as to the players revulsion to the act, that's one of the things that'll change with mutations but also just increasing the parentslism personality trait and lowering sanity. I'll try and toss that up in a build soon

>>7441294
I'm not sure. I'll check my computer when I get home tonight. Love this stuff buts hard to find all of his work now

>>7441386 as a Dev I can confirm this is fact. Throw in that deving is bad for your health and the fact that we're riddled with social anxiety, autism or other mental problems, and, well, there you go. Lol
>>
File: timthumb.php.jpg (193KB, 1000x729px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
193KB, 1000x729px
>>7441426
Just download RAGS here and launch the rags file game you want to play. Save often with rags games incase you game over or want to go back and make a different choice.

http://www.ragsgame.com/downloads/RagsSetup.2.4.16.zip

Allow me to reccomend you some games:
Saturday, guy into girl with subtle mental changes and possible bimbo ending depending on what you do. Good and simple, start with this to get the hang of using rags.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uddilc358l94c66/saturday0.2.rag

The Girly Gauntlet, guy to girl with different routes and kinds of transformations. make a save in the bedroom so you can load back and use all the items and routes.
aifcommunity.org/games/rags/thegirlygauntletfinal.rag

Etranz, girl mindcontrol where you and a bunch of girls are the victims. Lots of fun game overs and you can help other girls or push them over the edge into submission. Unfortunately has a couple of pointless people and objects, very fun though.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/etranz/etranz_v1.0.0.rag

Motel S, girl and her friends being mind controled during their stay at a motel with a fuck load of routes to take and things that can happen. You would probably need the guide for everything but the abduction in the desert is a good one.
games-collective.net/MotelS_v0.4.rag

The Lilith Device, girl that does the mindcontrolling on other girls and makes them her slaves. Sometimes becomes someone elses slave when things go wrong and get a game over, but that always fun too. Good game, quite long.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/66hf48bg3nry4k7/The+Lilith+Device+Ver.+3.6.rag

The HERS Project, Guy to girl where he stumbles upon a secret facility and notGLaDOS runs you through a certain process. Loved the art of this, the submission themes and the exploration. Getting the picture taken was my personal favourite scene. (press the green button for best results at the start)
mega:#!6FgCEDTY!tfeXyTodZUvKrQQTVYtpQP9hIyH7qsrJANMWa1jYD5g
>>
>>7441381
>New masturbation options for people with tails
>Have tail
>No new options in town or field
What a boring update
>>
>>7441478
It says "tentacle wings and tails." Might require a tentacle tail, but what the fuck is a tentacle wing?
>>
>>7441451
Some extras...
-using your hands on lil' bloaty gives you the wrongly named option to 'take it' (with your hands?), which leads to the same scene as 'pulling out' (again, wrong wording for a handjob).
Doing that seems to keep its arousal at 100 for next encounter.

Additional datapoint: eggs from eating the roe collected from lil' bloaty do end up hatching but it feels like it takes hours... wait, I completely forgot that normal ovis make you pass out after infesting you, didn't I ?
Things are probably working fine, just not used to getting egged with no passing out.

Also, it's a terrible feeling when a normal ovikari makes you pop and lose your growing spawn. So sad. I need grief counseling and cake now.
>>
>>7441486
you can get tentacles growing from your back, where wings would grow.
>>
>>7441550
How disappointing, prehensile tails is another hook that's never used.
>>
>>7439700
Yeah double spacing is retarded, it breaks the sentence fluency
>>
>>7441632
Nyaa is gone and dead forever, and pastebin anon is probably also dead so it hasn't been updated.
sukebei.pantsu.cat has it, though. https://sukebei.pantsu.cat/search?c=_&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=Parasite+in+City
>>
>>7441639
>sukebei.pantsu.cat
Thank you based /g/ overlords.
>>
>>7441639
>pastebin anon is probably also dead
pastebin anon is alive. He's busy with finals and moving though right now.
>>
Is there any cheats for mature quest?
It looks like one of those games that would have them.
>>
anyone have downloads for matenshi sakura/ demon angel sakura (not sure which title is the normal one) 2-4? alls I could find were dead torrent sites and virus ass .rar files
>>
>>7441698
https://sukebei.pantsu.cat/search?c=_&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=demon+angel+sakura
1-4 right here senpai.
>>
>>7440516
download?
>>
>>7441721
There's no game yet, it's just a GUI skeleton
>>
File: 272cff1b8d5166635aca1d40a29144b2.png (106KB, 1345x1007px) Image search: [Google]
272cff1b8d5166635aca1d40a29144b2.png
106KB, 1345x1007px
>>7441721
Thanks for the interest. I have a bunch of content written out. Once the UI is programmed, I'll make everything fit, and we can see where to go from there.

>>7441729
Speaking of which, I read the feedback and sketched this up instead. I'm probably going to finalize this now.
Of course, the 'actions' are going to be a lot more fun than listed. It's just a concept after all.
>>
>>7441735
not enough room for text imo
>>
>>7441746
This is the store page.
Normally buttons aren't there for the text. See
>>7439246

Also, clicking description will bring up a CoC style description of your store, for when you end up with an android stripjoint or a pure waifu-loving gathering place.
>>
Replace the heart with the swastika and would be perfect
>>
File: I7Kj39G.png (368KB, 592x720px) Image search: [Google]
I7Kj39G.png
368KB, 592x720px
TiTS 0.7.55 unofficial mobile builds
Android APK:
https://mega.nz/#!rwATHahQ!BcPhx-V-kzJrD3YQX1Ya4oGIjD4wlb4SIFemSiGGGK0
iOS IPA:
https://mega.nz/#!flBnXLDQ!ypLm5o4XbiS3sKiCmk62meM2VusnSHF0xEzLOP7JXS4
>>
>>7441903

Thanks anon!

But I wonder when they're going to work more on the pet store on Uveto.
>>
>>7441462
all of the ones i played were great, but the HERS link gave me an unreadable game file error when launched.
>>
>>7442240
Try this:

www.ragsgame.com/Downloads/RagsSetup.2.0.0.exe

Put it in the same place as the other version of RAGS and keep both. See if it will work then. HERS was last updated in 2011 so that would be the reason why.
>>
>>7441903
Has there been any notable changes with the last few patches?
>>
>>7442275
furry herpies type A, B, C and D.
>>
>>7440527
nothing wrong with gamemaker from what i can tell, seems to be easy to use but not too restrictive
>>
>>7441286
rich people are more likely to commit tax fraud than poor people, even though they need it much less. Being rich just wants you to get more money, you're never satisfied
>>
>>7441735
could you upload source code or design docs, whatever you're most comfortable with?
>>
>>7442277
So it's better just to wait for more instead of playing the same game again?
>>
>>7439122
You're German right? That's a scam. They won't take you to court for real. There should be a thread up on /t/ about this same thing
>>
>>7442320
Yeah. I'm going to wait until I'm in the pot of boiling water before I start to worry. Idle threats on the internet are worthless.

>>7442312
Why's that? The game is currently completely broken, since I'm restructuring everything after having not worked on it for a time. Once everything's back in place though it'll be functional again.
>>
Are DGGs the big new industry you should get in on before it's too late? is fenoxo a public company?
>>
>>7442560
>is fenoxo a public company?
a better question is, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>7442647
Stop bullying me.
>>
>>7442647
>he doesn't even own any fenoxo shares
>>
So I want to try TiTS but there's one thing I was wondering. Can you make a trap? Basically a bottom girl(male)? Or is the game simply forcing you as dominant if you have a penis.
>>
>>7442680
You can willingly take as much cock as you soft little tush can handle.
TiTS is horrendously over verbose and will wear on you.
>>
>>7442696
Good, good. How about sex toys like bondage or chastity?
>>
>>7442696
>TiTS is horrendously over verbose
fucking hate this ngl. Wouldn't even mind if the writing was solidly engaging tho, but it's just generic writing on the level of MMOs
>>
Hey I have a question about the board rules just not sure where to ask it. Would posting a story thread where anons share fetish stories that they made up be against the rules to post here? Don't want to get banned.
>>
>>7442724
Take a look at /efg/ (Erotic Fiction General), a reoccuring thread on this board.
>>
>>7442727
Nice, thanks
>>
>>7442717
There's a couple of encounters that use bondage, one off the top of my head that uses chastity but its not player chastity but a NPC in a chastity belt.
>>
>>7442717
I know that there's a BDSM spider woman dom, a scene with two ant girls where you tie one up and milk her, and a dedicated sub girl who works at a fetish store. Really needs more bondage content but the stuff that's in is pretty good
>>
>>7439053
Fantasy for adventure games.
Modern for tycoon/sim games.

I have yet to play a free roaming game in a modern setting where the encounter design doesn't become ridiculous; I get mugged once a week or get lost in town every night, like really?
>>
>Want to write a /d/ game
>Realize how much work it would be, that no fucker would play anyway.
>>
>>7443050
The best games are written by people who make them for themselves to enjoy.
>>
>>7443050
Id play your game anon
>>
>>7443050
Good, you'd make the same old "hurr you're a sissy trap and get buttsex XD" kinda shit anyway
>>
>>7443050
The journey of a thousand fucks starts with losing your virginity.

Start with something simple that helps you build the skills you want. No need to jump straight into making a good version of TiTs, just start with a simple date night game or some sexed up version of bubble bobble.
>>
>>7441163
No version of RAGS will even open for me, what the fuck?

I will never give money to a patreon that uses a shitty bad engine like RAGS.
>>
>>7443164
You need to have Windows Media Player enabled AND it must be your default media player.
I'm not shitting you, it doesn't launch if it's not.
>>
>>7443169
>AND it must be your default media player.
Not on Windows 10 at least. WMP is neither my default Music nor Video player, and I've never run into an issue with RAGS games; though I've not tried the latest No Haven release.
>>
>>7443169
The fuck? I'm on Windows 8.1 with MPCHC as default player and have been playing since last year
>>
>>7443143
>some sexed up version of bubble bobble.

Fucking fund it
>>
WMP is only my default player for wmv and wav files. In any event you should wait for a) the cheat enabled version if anon isn't too busy and b) a year or so to play it since substantial changes are still on the way/being thought of.
Bedlam is still going to redo biomancy and corruption, make managing large groups of slaves/slavers easier + add more things to do with slaves/slavers (mines etc), add more training options (like anal) and correct inbalances in male training (ie blowjob training only being available once sissy training is chosen) etc etc.
The past two updates have by themselves made the game less shitty by making the rng less vicious.
>>
>>7443164
The sheer inconsistency of user reports about RAGS makes it clear to me it must be one of the most shitty pieces of shit ever crapped out.

I'm aware it's not exactly easy to make a good engine, but man.
>>
Anyone recall a castelvania-esque game where you play a nun-like character?
I recall it having various bad ends, the first boss being flower themed, and your main weapon being some form of whip.
>>
>>7443208
Hatahata's Unholy Sanctuary. He made other games since (Unholy Jail and the currently ongoing Unholy Disaster).
>>
>>7439514
I would care, i wouldnt pay money but i would stay updated on your work.
>>
Any games licensed under GPL? I can only fap to copyleft.
>>
>>7443216
Now this is true perversion.
>>
>>7443211
Thank you kindly.
>>
>>7443188
I swear I used to play something like that on arcade when I was a teen. If you won the game it would load a pic of some scantily clad woman, and I remember seeing one with Lum once.
>>
>>7442277
>so it's better to wait?
Yeah, depending on how long it's been.
I tend to wait a month or two between plays nowadays since it's so slow. And I don't like fen & co much these days.
Not the anon you were asking, btw.
>>
>>7442300
Game maker games have several problems, apart from loading times:

1) windows-only
2) using game maker means that you obviously are getting in too deep and don't know what you're doing.
I say this having made games in Game Maker 6 myself when I was 13.

Do yourself a favour, and if you don't want to go all-out and use C/C++ and OpenGL or SDL, use PyGame or something. It's slow, too, but at least it will run on more than Windows.
>>
>>7443333
oh, since I said several I'll throw in more.
3) Custom C program code blocks (necessary for non-trivial functionality) are incredibly hard to figure out for someone who doesn't know what (s)he is doing. If that person knows what (s)he is doing, that person will not use Game Maker because they will realize it's an engine for retards and people who can't be bothered to actually learn to program.
>>
>>7443333
>>7443341
genuinely interested game maker dev here
>windows only
Is that true? It seems like there's plenty of options to export to all the different OSs.
>Probably going in too deep and don't know what you're doing
That sounds like opinion, not fact. I've been making games since 6 as well, Game Maker seems fine to make fun little 2D games (which is what I'd imagine most hentai games to be)

I know nothing about anything else you mentioned. What would be the benefits to learning those?

>Custom C program code blocks
I don't know what you mean by that. The documentation for GM is pretty extensive and I can get it to do pretty much whatever I want.
>people who can't be bothered to actually learn to program
I'm interested in you expanding on this as well.

Like I said, I'm genuinely curious about your opinion.
>>
>>7443333
Pretty sure Gamemaker exports to everything under the sun these days, provided you have the right modules. Also, can't you use it like Unity and code with proper languages (C/C++/C#/etc) and have it do some more of the heavy lifting or mundane tasks? If someone has a background in programming, why wouldn't they use the framework provided by Gamemaker to simplify the stuff like building a GUI instead of building it completely from scratch?

It seems like a good way to get focused on proper game design and development without having to get bogged down in the nitty gritty of UX design.
>>
>>7443368
>Unity and code with proper languages (C/C++/
Unity only supports C#.
>>
>>7443368
As a programming hobbyist that's what I thought, since I've used a few other 'we make the game for you!' type deals and none even come close to what you can do with game maker.
Plus you can use babymode D&D until you realize that literally everything can be done with scripts and GML in a single object if you wanted, meaning you get a huge range of potential.

In the end, I feel like it doesn't matter as long as the player is the one who doesn't suffer. If it's a stupid engine that makes players gag no matter what, then that warrants finding a different program. But I've seen some good shit come out of game maker, so it seems like it's up to the dev to not produce shit.
>>
>>7443379
I thought it supported more than that but I've only ever fucked around in it with C#.

>>7443380
Right, especially when we're talking about text games without proper graphics and such. Hell, even properly done 2D games (Hotline Miami for instance) the load times are fine.
>>
>>7442560
It's already too late desu. The bubble is about to burst.
>>
>>7440401
Thanks, you're a cool person
>>7439064
>>7439941
>>7441353
>>7441426
No Haven 0.74 cheat edition
Same deal as before.. though without fucking with any of the starting values, so if you want more max slavers just use the max ending cheat
https://mega.nz/#!sB1URCaT!Esh7GL4EQs0Xyxyb0e1NB84b-IOsDaDyFPLilrUtaKg
>>
>>7443416

Is there really anything to do in No Haven yet or is it just more of the same?
>>
>>7443424
Don't ask me, I don't even play No Haven anymore.
The promise of sub content is exciting though
>>
File: playing a sub game.png (86KB, 532x451px) Image search: [Google]
playing a sub game.png
86KB, 532x451px
>tfw you hate being bottom
>>
>>7443454
>he hates being on the bottom
pretty gay anon
>>
>>7443169
Windows 7 user here. I have NEVER used WMP for anything and remove it from default programs the moment I reinstall windows. I have been playing RAGS games for years.
>>
games that aren't coc clones, slave management games or trap games when?
>>
>>7443529
What kind of game do you want, senpai?
>>
>>7443529
Announcing Soonâ„¢
>>
>>7443529
Maybe when you stop being lazy and start making them.
>>
>>7443529
Describe your perfect game then anon
>>
slowpoke here, playing through Lilith Device for the first time.

I think the only walkthrough I could find is outdated, or something is wrong, but I'm stuck at certian parts and am not sure what to do.

So the last two major things I did were raid that mansion with all the puzzles in it, and get that doctor who came to lecture at the college.

How do I infiltrate the law firm that threatening to sue me? The AI assistant suggests sending a slave in there, but I've talked to everyone and can't see who.
The one guide I found mentions Corinne and Sybil in the music hall, but I've never seen anyone there. Did I miss a flag early game?
The biochamber has an "Enter Prompt" option where you can type something in. Anyone know the commands, if they exist?
>>
>>7443368
>If someone has a background in programming, why wouldn't they use the framework provided by Gamemaker to simplify the stuff like building a GUI instead of building it completely from scratch?
>Pygame is completely from scratch
>SDL is completely from scratch
QT is another option for a GUI.
And maybe because you want your game to be:
a) open source and free software that can be compiled anywhere
b) not dependent on the whims of a proprietary vendor who wants you to spend shekels on his product.
But I guess it's up to you, it's your decision after all. A stupid decision, but a decision nonetheless.

Unity also sucks for the aforementioned reasons; if you want an engine pre-built, try Godot. https://godotengine.org/ - free, open source, and runs on nearly anything but my Amiga.
>>
>>7443397
If you're doing text games without proper graphics, use ncurses (PDCurses for windows is API compatible).

Or Inform for that matter. Make a z-machine or glulx game that can be run in an interpreter of the players' choice.
>>
>>7443672
>free open source software
This ain't /g/ son. I promise you /dgg/ doesn't give a fuck.

>>7443677
Inform is a bitch to do much more than make a choose your own adventure title with. I'm not familiar with the other two.
>>
>>7443677
I wouldn't use actual ncurses for a game. There are libraries that produce pseudo terminal emulators that resemble ncurses interfaces, but with modern support for colors, layering, etc. If a dev wanted to go that route, I'd look at what terminal libraries people were using to develop roguelikes in that dev's preferred language.

Inform is garbage for an actual game.
>>
>>7443686
>>7443677
Inform is GREAT for text games, so long as you don't care about the interface too much and your game doesn't get too complex (glulx is slow as fuck, so if you want to do something complex you have to cache everything). And since Inform is restricted by glulx, you can't really do much styling (there are 5 or 6 font styles you can "change" plus 2 "user styles" that you can change more freely, creating new sections on the window is tough, etc). It's real easy to create the world and extend the actions, too, I'd even say "ideal" if we're talking about text adventures.

Most devs end up making "guess the verb" simulators with it, though.
>>
File: Ah fuck.png (178KB, 908x516px) Image search: [Google]
Ah fuck.png
178KB, 908x516px
>>7443627
still need help on this, but small update:

I think the issue is that I'm being told to send out slaves via the Lilith Device Console, but these are the only options I have. I have plenty of auxiliary slaves, so it's not that.

I don't think there's a way to reset this without losing all my progress.

Fucking rags sometimes, I swear.
>>
>>7443672
>QT
The 't' in Qt isn't capitalised, anon.
>>
>>7443718
>glulx is slow as fuck
Git on the other hand is very fast. Even on my phone (I compiled it for Android and iOS).
Git is available here:
http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXprogrammingXglulxXinterpretersXgit.html
>>7443690
If he uses ncurses I can use it on my RS232 terminal, though!

>>7443690
>inform is garbage for an actual game.
Inform 7 might be.
Inform 6 is nice.

>>7443739
Yeah, sorry. I know you're right, but that's such a tiny thing to correct that I can't help but raise an eyebrow.
>>
>>7443742
>Git on the other hand is very fast.
Relatively to pure glulx.

Try running trap quest on your phone.
>>
>>7443686
>This ain't /g/ son. I promise you /dgg/ doesn't give a fuck.
No, most people want their porn games for free. If you lose money on something by being forced to purchase it, you'll need to offset those losses by charging your fanbase.
Which means that /dgg/ will care a great deal.
>>
>>7443751
You act like anyone here gives a shit about piracy
>>
>>7443718
Right, but if you want to build an actual game with Inform, it fucking sucks. Yes, you can set variables and verb the adjective nouns, but at the end of the day, Inform is an interactive fiction engine. It is not something to build a proper game with. It's on par with Twine and Adrift. Can you twist it to create combat or other complex modules? Yeah, of course you can, but that's not its purpose, not by a long shot.

>>7443751
Or you use the free version or the resources you purchased for pennies on the Steam sale. You're talking like building a game with Gamemaker costs thousands of dollars that needs to be recouped. And again, any dev here, on /dgg/ of all places, either shouldn't give a shit, OR is a fucking fool for thinking their game won't be pirated as soon as it drops.
>>
File: pic.png (83KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
83KB, 1366x768px
>>7443768
>that's not its purpose
It's about the closest tool to designing text adventures that play like zork, though. And that's all there is to tools: you should just pick the best tool you have available or create your own. I can't compare it to Twine/Adrift since I'm heavily biased against those two.

While developing on Inform, I noticed there was a LOT that it did to help speed up development time. It makes it very easy to add new stuff and add rules that consider them. Even combat is relatively easy to implement, depending on what you want to do, quick time events, etc. I even scrapped a roguelike room mapping once.

The lack of dynamic objects and no real control over which functions take over others as "classes" got inherited is what ended up making me give up on inform, but I truly believe people judge the fails too harshly to see all the good inform is doing for you. Either way, a tool is only as good as your usage of it, the more you have to change inform, the less it works in your favor. People should not be pushed towards inform unless inform produces the exact kind of adventure they want to develop.

Anyway, I'm trying to make something that uses a similar structure for text games in HTML5 (so Things/Actions/Rooms/Regions/Relations/Rules/Rulebooks). It'll be AGPL.
>>
>>7443747
Running fine on my Nexus 6. If you're using iOS I can't speak for potatoes.
>>
>>7443788
Good on you.
>>
>>7443788
>Either way, a tool is only as good as your usage of it
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>7443788
>It's about the closest tool to designing text adventures that play like Zork
I won't disagree with that statement. However, the guy showing off his UI and framework that's being worked on for his game, is clearly not building a "Go West" "Look at penis" kind of game. Additionally, my original point still stands. If you want to make a real game, with mechanics beyond a traditional text adventure, Inform is not for you.

I personally have fucked around with both Twine and Adrift, and they both seemed easier to "pick up and play" for development than Inform, but I'll admit it has been a long time since I tried it.
>>
>>7439053
Lovecraftian is my favored genre, there isn't much in it.

I mean a general feeling of 'the unknown' a lot of games take a long time to explain how all of this is possible, or use old tropes; Haunted House, Demon, Witch, Deal with the Devil, Magic MacGuffin, nanomachines.

I think I summed up nearly all of the games right there with a scarce few exceptions.

Why is there so little creativity in origin? I get it takes some effort, but there's a lot of cool ideas, and you don't need to spend the first 10 minutes explaining how things are the way the are to the player. Get to it, and let them figure it out themselves.
>>
>>7441340
Did you post a link to the game somewhere, are you test-laying this? this seems cool, where's the damn link?
>>
>>7443828
Ah, I thought Inform was mentioned just as an option to an ideasguy, not an actual dev. This does change everything. Using it in other kinds of games is not very different from Malise and the Machine. Should Malise-ing become a word?

Now that I looked it up a bit, I'd recommend what I'm currently doing: start from scratch with HTML5. HTML5 works on every modern browser and those are available on pretty much any OS. HTML/CSS are pretty comfy for presenting stuff.

Tbh don't see much point on going GameMaker/unity for simple text games. I feel they hinder more than help. HTML5 is very neutral and should be OK;
>>
>>7441462
I recently had to reinstall windows after my boot HDD died, and now i can't seem to get any version of RAGS to launch any games. Always gives me an error. I assume i'm missing a codec, .dll, or some other random shit that i used to have for something else, but fuck if i know what.
>>
>>7443841
I feel you.

When you consider that even most mainstream modern media like books, movies, television feel like they can't trust their audience to follow along without hitting them over the head with exposition there is very little hope that authors of niche porno games will. Sad business.
>>
>>7443850
Unlss they fixed that, there are two RASGS websites. One of them will be red and old and nothing works thre.

The o hter is a lbbog and all dark and stuff and the stuff there sort of work.

It's easier if you just acept that there are noo good RAGS games and then just gigive up oni t.
>>
>>7443857
aos9 tyeres the installer and the other think thats not a installer

te other thing is a TRAP it tdoesnt work. you need to get the reala intsarler or i t= work wont work[[

maybebe yuou can get haepl somewhehre else like therier forusn
>>
>>7443865
If you're experiencing a stroke, please call emergency services.
>>
>>7443865
I'm sorry anon, i think i need to confiscate your key[spoiler]board[/spoiler], you're drunk.
>>
>>7443873
yeah sorry about that sleeping pills get stronger by the minute, it's time for the bad dreams now, shhhh, no smiles only suffering...
>>
>>7443841
Have you played "Legends of Belial: The Capture of Diana?"
>>
>>7443848
I've always worked with Game Maker with the intent to use it as a tool for learning. Working with code, figuring out and solving problems, etc, with the hopes to carry that into a career once I get the proper classes in college.
If Game Maker is bad for that, then I don't mind looking elsewhere.
>>
>>7443848
Yeah, the whole thing started from someone commenting on a dev that mentioned he was using Gamemaker. Dev posted screenshot, anon shit all over Gamemaker, etc.

My original point still stands though; why go out of your way building a UI/UX from scratch when that kind of stuff is readily available in programs like Gamemaker or Unity? Complete control over your game is nice I agree, but if you're interested in designing and developing more than just a means to move from menu to menu or written scene to written scene, why get bogged down in that kind of minutia?

HTML5/CSS are indeed comfy, but at the end of the day, why reinvent the wheel?
>>
>>7443848
+1 for HTML + JS.
Also Python would be a good option, potentially.
>>7443891
>why not unity?
Because godot is a thing that won't put a fucking splash screen on your game if you don't pay.
>why not Gamemaker?
can you not read? I gave good reasons. Also, if you start a game using game maker, you'll regret it later when your game grows. Speaking from experience.

>But at the end of the day, why reinvent the wheel?
Go re-invent SDL or a browser's rendering engine or, hell, even a C compiler written in assembly, and then tell me that we're re-inventing the wheel.
>>
>>7443890
Game maker is terrible for that.

I'd do you well to figure out small things you want to have done in HTML5, since that'd teach you multiple points.

Hard to say without knowing your hobbies, but as a fa/tg/uy I used to play lots of tables. So I just went ahead and designed pages to present my characters to DMs, rathre than using the sheets/etc. You learn a lot by doing this and every project is something you care about.

A good coder will code in any language, so you might want to take small peaks at stuff like C/PASCAL which are the oldies but goldies. Java is also fun to work with, but I don't like it outside of a server environment.
>>
>>7443902
>A good coder will code in any language
You mean... like GML?
>>
File: chaosnya-shaded-v1.jpg (1MB, 1443x1692px) Image search: [Google]
chaosnya-shaded-v1.jpg
1MB, 1443x1692px
>>7443841
The setting I've been working on for years has plenty of options for horror as well as humor & hentai. Sexual parasites that eat you from the inside out, parasites that can take over your mind, or take control of a corpse to create zombie-like monsters. Monsters who's cum will slowly brainwash you into little more than a obedient bimbo for it's master. Helium farting squirrels.
There are just so many options in the setting, that I haven't known which ones to focus on first.

Also in other news... I finally figured out some of the coding issues I had been having so I should be able to have the next update out in less than a week with a new UI.
>>
>>7443891
What I've used of GameMaker didn't seem to go much further from HTML5 with regards to avoiding the reacreation of the wheeel. Uniy is probabl simlar since you still have to do everything.

Though I'd not be surprised that both of those might have modules that add full funcionality in a single click. But if we get to that point, then there's endless frameworks and whatever you want to use on HTML5.

I really like gamemaker's IDE, though. Or maybe I just like how they split the resourecs. Either way, I was ahppy.
>>
>>7443902
I learned the masochistic way and started with Commodore VIC-20 BASIC and 6502 assembly. In 2010.

Don't take my route. C is a good language to understand, for sure, but complicated unless you understand what a computer's REALLY doing behind the scenes. I'd start with python, or maybe javascript. HTML + JS has some great documentation online.
>>
>>7443906
GML is not really applicable outside of GM, so you end up fucking yourself in the ass with it.

If you learn real languages and THEN jump into GML, you'd do fine.

So I guess take a basic programming course to see wher eyou stand and then make the call?
>>
>>7443910
>I really like gamemaker's IDE

>Not a JetBrains IDE
>>
Seeing how quality games like hyper light drifter and undertale were made with game maker, and they work with consoles and win/mac, I wouldn't worry about whatever game maker lacks.

Kind of sucks that it isn't a standard programming language, but that is about it. Pygame sounds like another good solution.

Your tool doesn't matter that much, just use what you like. That is what truly matters. Hell there are a lot of hgames that are made with java!
>>
>>7443914
I learned to program without taking classes. Just keep going. And yeah, Game Maker isn't a good environment to learn "real programming" in.
>>7443922
Not that guy, but I learned to program using a text editor with syntax highlighting and nothing else. To this day I can't stand IDE's trying to do shit for me.
>>
>>7443928
>work with consoles and win/mac
>ignoring linux users, as usual.
Seriously, fuck you if you are legit recommending game maker.
Pygame is a good option though.
>>
>>7443416

Um anon you reposted the same link as the previous no haven post. Its just the backer build hotfix. No cheats have been enabled
>>
>>7443914
I see your point.

Honestly with them moving to GM Studio 2.0 and not giving me the free upgrades for life I was promised back in version 6, I'm going to drop it after this game.
Thanks for explaining things to me and a few other anons here. That'll be where I stop discussion though, since we're far away from degenerate porn games with this.

>>7443935
Yeah! All 2 of you linux users!
>>
>>7443909
For the love of god man, what's your website, gimmie.
>>
>>7443948
gopher://how-not-to-twine.edu
>>
>>7443940
I happen to be providing you with mobile builds of TiTS at the moment. Which are built on one of my linux systems. Just a reminder - it's everywhere.
Also, having a smaller but significant market share should not be an excuse for alienating potential fans.
>>
Am also responsible for the overdose of furshit game dumps, and am primarily a linux user. So I guess that really does make 'all 2 of us.'

t. commie
>>
>>7443956
>>7443960
I use Linux as my primary desktop as well
>>
>>7443956
>>7443960
Yeah, pretty much everything I know about linux users is that they are fuckin' crazy smart masochists.
Keep on keeping on. I really know nothing about it, so I joke.
>>
File: gopher.png (83KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
gopher.png
83KB, 1280x715px
>>7443955
>gopher://how-not-to-twine.edu
Well anon, you got me all excited to see a new Gopher site for once.
You lied to me.

>>7443965
I had some free time and discovered that linux distros make great programming environments. Also they're customizable.

>>7443963
>I run linux as my primary desktop as well
THERE ARE DOZENS OF US!
I don't even have windows installed on this machine.
>>
File: Drem-larva-2.png (217KB, 905x554px) Image search: [Google]
Drem-larva-2.png
217KB, 905x554px
>>7443948
https://talesofstrangerealms.wordpress.com/

Sorry but there's not much there currently. I've been trying to focus on the next update, so I haven't had much of a chance to add a bestiary to the blog yet. And those monsters aren't in the game, yet. But if that's what people want, I can focus on working in more of them & the horror aspects. Although I will have to move the game from the current continent to a different one. Irr Cha doesn't have most of those horror monsters.
>>
>>7443424
New races, new assignments, some rework of the mechanics. It's essentially still the same.
>>
>>7443929
>Not that guy, but I learned to program using a text editor with syntax highlighting and nothing else. To this day I can't stand IDE's trying to do shit for me.
What you're looking for is Notepad++. Now quiet down while the actual adults mention IDEs.
>>
>>7443847
>Did you post a link to the game somewhere,
In the pastebin. http://www.atticusarc.com/
>are you test-[p]laying this?
That's the only thing you can do.
>>
>>7443872
I'm guessing he's typing one-handed on his phone without any kind of automated spellchecking while violently fiddling with his balls.
>>
>>7443963
Looks like there's four of us ? On 80-ish posters, that's kinda higher than the average out there.
>>
>>7439053
>dat gif tho

Japan is a superior place.
>>
>>7443731
Just keep trying. I only ever needed a guide to consult a certain overl complex puzzel in the firm used to takeover the bosses. Lilith Device is one of those games that is good but would vastly improve with a minor amount of cleaning.
>>
>>7444379
>Lilith Device is one of those games that is good but would vastly improve
by being any other format.
>>
>>7444384
It realy doesnt work nearly as well on any other format. It realy only needs a little cleaning up.
>>
>>7443672
>shilling Qt with the "it's open source" argument
You're hilarious.
>>
>>7440577
Where is that from?
>>
>>7444423
New game.
Dev was one here.
Waiting for more news.
>>
>>7444170
notepad++ sucks, because it's windows-only. I used nano.
>>
>>7444405
I don't actually like QT but it is cross-platform and free software if you use GPL.
>>
>>7444696
*Qt, sorry anon
>>
>>7444693
>nano
nice meme
>>
File: notepadqq.png (37KB, 1278x710px) Image search: [Google]
notepadqq.png
37KB, 1278x710px
>>7444170
Notepad++ is annoying because it's only for windows, but it works well.
I use Notepadqq and Nano primarily.
>>7444700
Nano's great for fast edits. I'd probably not use it on large codebases.
>>
File: sl016.jpg (254KB, 504x1542px) Image search: [Google]
sl016.jpg
254KB, 504x1542px
when did it get all /g/ in here
>>
>>7444744
tbqh emacs or vi(m) is much much better than nano, even for fast edits
>>7444749
install gentoo haha
>>
>>7444749
/g/ is everywhere
>>
>>7444751
>install emacs
Sure, install gentoo while you're at it.
I tried emacs; it's clearly powerful, but it's nowhere near as simple to start using as nano if you're doing quick edits.
Neither is Vi, although it is simpler than emacs.
Joe is a nice editor, too, actually.
>>
>>7443911
Agree. Don't buy into the whole "if you don't learn programming by learning c, you're fucked" dogma. C is great if you are a seasoned programmer, who know what pointers are, and can manage without garbage collection, and need those "features".

If you are just starting out, go for Ruby, Python, Lua or Javascript. Basically any dynamic language is much easier for beginners to understand. Especially the latter two have great opportunities for games. JS is embeddable in HTML, and Lua with the LÖVE framework.
>>
>>7444751
>emacs
hahahaha get bent
>>
>>7444773
>not using the same text editor as stallman-chan
>>
>>7444777
doubletrips checked, and fuck that guy
>>
>>7444744
Enjoy wasting hundreds of hours of your life on basic text formatting while everyone else lets a machine automate the stupid tasks for them.
>>
>>7444781
I'm stupidly anal about my formatting anyway, so automated stuff never pleases me.
>>
>>7444777
stallman is a traitor and a planted horsefucker
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 678x521px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 678x521px
>>7444786
If only it were possible for us mere mortals to change how the machine-gods decide to format our text files.
>>
>>7444797
Exactly this, there's no way even with all that stuff to fit my liking. It's a pretty ridiculous thing, but what can I say.

Since I have to do a second pass after any automated process, I just forego that shit and format myself.
>>
>>7444767
>Basically any dynamic language is much easier for beginners to fuck up with
ftfy

The point is not learning how to code in C, but learning good practices so that you don't end up with an unmaintainable project a few months or years down the line. Since C is not very fond of bad coding, it helps you to learn by not letting you fuck up too much.
>>
>>7444767
I'd say that Ruby and Javascript are bad exemples, with Python close by.

They do too much stuff automagically: you're mostly trying to figure what's the pattern called, then asking stack overflow for the correct boilerplate to do anything that isn't Hello World. The quality of the documentation for Python isn't as good as what it used to be several years back.

Lua stays simple and clean. But it has no standard library, which makes 3+ incompatible OO systems something to live with when you're trying to reuse code.
>>
>>7444803
That was less than 5% of their total customization, anon. And even then, you can customize it further if you're really that autistic.
There's no amount of pickiness that could not be easily met with a little bit of time investment.
>>
>>7444767
>any dynamic language is much easier for beginners to understand
Under what reasoning? I get it that pointers are a bit mind-bending for beginners, but anyone who isn't a literal child should be able to easily understand a statically typed system. The static nature of it even forces them to not get into bad programming habits, so I would argue that it's better for them either way.
>>
>>7444781
>pressing tab manually is worse than fighting with the IDE when it doesn't do what you want it to
>>7444797
if only a text editor formatted text according to the user's wishes at the time in question instead of according to its own whims.

I'd rather keep track of my braces myself so my IDE isn't fucking with my code. Often manual formatting looks more legible than what an IDE tries to spew out, especially when something is spanning multiple lines.
>>7444805
I tried to start programming in C, but I spent so much time trying to mangle with memory management that I couldn't actually start writing my program. To start you should program in an 'easier' language like python. THEN one should definitely move to C - that's where the programmer will discover why their python code is bad and learn what they should have done, based on what they learn writing in C.

>it helps you to learn by not letting you fuck up too much.
Not 100% true; I wrote code back when I was starting that appeared to work fine - but I found out later that it only worked fine because I had been making assumptions that the user had a 32-bit system running Linux (some data types have different lengths in windows than Linux).
C is good to learn, but there are a lot of invisible pitfalls that will bite you later if you don't know to look for them.
>>
>>7444811
>if only a text editor formatted text according to the user's wishes at the time in question instead of according to its own whims.
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm genuinely convinced now that you've never even launched an IDE before.
I get it that you're clearly autistic, but fuck, man. Have some fucking self-awareness.
>>
>>7444811
>Not 100% true
Well, there are no languages that outright refuse to work unless you're doing everything perfectly. C is a lot more strict, though, so it has less wiggle room for mistakes when compared to, say, Javascript, or Python, or PHP...
>>
>>7444815
>I am trying to make people use software that they don't want, because I don't like their software and think they should use mine
>I'm not autistic, you're autistic
/g/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>7444817
wiggle room for mistakes means subtle bugs. Example: forgetting a null terminator on a string.
>>
>>7444818
When did I say you HAD to use it? You're laughably incorrect in all of your impressions of an IDE. It does precisely what you want it to do, when you want it to do it.
You being too fucking stupid to use a "CLICK HERE TO CUSTOMIZE" interface doesn't mean that it doesn't have customization.
>>
>>7444820
When did I say you had to use nano? Never. But you're trying to tell me my choice is shit because it wasn't your choice.
>You're fucking stupid because you don't want to use any of those custom features and would turn them all off
I rest my case.
>>
>>7444821
Is this just bait? Literally every single one of your points is a complete non sequitur. I know heavily autistic people in the real world, and even they can at least follow a goddamn conversation without having an autistic shitfit.
>>
>>7444823
- I would turn off all the autocompletion features in an IDE if I had to use one.
- You said I was fucking stupid for not realizing you can customize the completion settings.
- *I would customize the settings by turning everything off.*
If you scored a zero for reading comprehension, that sounds like your problem.
>>
>>7444811
>Often manual formatting looks more legible than what an IDE tries to spew out, especially when something is spanning multiple lines.
>something is spanning multiple lines.
Your code has a smell.
>>
File: 1477152670654.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477152670654.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>Not using your IBM Thinkpad to write your game in assembly with Emacs on OpenBSD, running a tiling window manager whose config you spent three days writing in haskell.

Are you even trying, /d/?
>>
>>7444827
Your entire point was that you would be constantly fighting against the IDE's formatting because you want it different
But you are the one who set the IDE's formatting.

I guess you would run into problems with that if your formatting is wildly inconsistent, which seems more and more plausible with each of your posts, considering how schizophrenic you seem.
>>
>>7444829
>not using templeos
how niggalicious
>>
>>7444831
I am not the guy who said "I want it different."
check the name. We are two different people.
>>
>>7444829
My thinkpad's lenovo-made, but I would love an IBM one without the windows key.
It's an X201.
I hate tiling WM's, dislike OpenBSD, and don't care for emacs.
And I despise haskell. The book in the pic you posted is about LISP though.
>>
Did I cause a misunderstanding with >>7444786 & >>7444803 ?
That wasn't the point. I'm all out of popcorn too.
>>
>>7444846
Possibly. Seems to think I'm you, because surely there aren't two people in the universe that don't like it when an IDE fucks with formatting.
>>
>>7444839
Right, of course not. You just want to turn off the formatting on an IDE because you think you'll have to fight against it.
You would only think that you would have to fight against an IDE if you thought that its formatting wouldn't be the same as yours. After all, how would you fight against it if its formatting was identical to yours?
You are the one who would set the formatting of your IDE.

Your fundamental premise is flawed, so your entire argument is.
Your only argument is that you want to do something manually that a machine could do much easily.
Do you also manually compile your code, because you don't want GCC "fucking with your code"?
>>7444848
No, I assumed you were the same person because you replied as though you were him. You have temporarily stopped being an obnoxious attention whore in the past, so I had just assumed you were doing that. I see now that I was mistaken, and had assumed that you were much less of an obnoxious faggot than you actually are.
>>
>>7444854
I want to be the one who formats my code. I don't want my text files to be manipulated outside of my keystrokes.
Also, if I'm working with someone else's code, I try to match that person's style. Reconfiguring my IDE for each project that I ever work on ever would get annoying fast.
Your fundemental premise that I would only ever touch my own code ever is flawed, and therefore your entire argument is.
>Do you also manually compile your code, because you don't want GCC "fucking with your code"?
>implying GCC opens source files for writing
GCC doesn't open source code for writing. It parses it and creates equivalent machine code. It doesn't fuck with whitespace.

>>7444854
>you replied as though you were him
>I'm not allowed to share opinions with anyone else
>>
>>7444854
>You have temporarily stopped being an obnoxious attention whore in the past, so I had just assumed you were doing that.
Talking about the namefagging?
Yeah, I tend to drop that, but not in the middle of an argument.
>>
>/dgg/ memed me into trying no haven
>it's still a shitty rags game with meh porn and awful rng
When will I learn? If only the Free Cities guy hadn't abandoned his Mad Max raider/slaver game. I could just mod that to be fantasy.
>>
>>7444969
>>/dgg/ memed me into trying no haven
Nobody says anything good about it and I do my best to warn people away. The best you'll hear is that people just post the patreon version. God knows why though. Bedlam is trash.
>>
>>7443169
Oh my good god. I was balls deep trying to fix RAGS with event viewer.

Thanks past anon, if you haven't wanked yourself to death or something.
>>
>>7444969
>/dgg/ memed me into trying no haven
How? Literally every time No Haven is brought up, there's mention of it being absolute garbage.
>>
Anyone got the most recent unlock key for Trapquest?
>>
>>7444928
>I want to be the one who formats my code. I don't want my text files to be manipulated outside of my keystrokes.
It would format it in precisely the same way that you do because you are the one controlling how it formats things. You seem to acknowledge this irrefutable fact, so once again your only argument is that you want to manually do a task that a machine can do incredibly easy.
>I try to match that person's style. Reconfiguring my IDE for each project that I ever work on ever would get annoying fast.
You don't need to reconfigure your entire IDE for every project you fucking idiot. I guess you could, if you wanted to be as stupidly autistic as you're being here, but even then it would be once for each project. Otherwise just program as you normally would and just try your hardest to avoid hitting the "REFACTOR CODE" and the subsequent "YES I ACTUALLY WANT TO REFACTOR THE CODE IN THIS ENTIRE PROJECT" buttons that are in the menu.
And fine, GCC wasn't a 100% accurate comparison and you're too goddamn stupid to be able to understand. Anyone with at least a first-grade reading comprehension would understand anyway, but you've demonstrated your single-digit IQ for us multiple times before so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
Do you manually convert from assembly into machine code? Of course not, because it's an incredibly tedious task that there is no benefit in doing yourself.
>>I'm not allowed to share opinions with anyone else
>reply mid-conversation
>make the exact same points as the previous person, but in a more militant way
>H-HOW DARE YOU!!!! WE'RE OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!! DON'T YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME BY ASSUMING THAT I WOULD DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN BE AN ATTENTION WHORE FOR EVEN A MOMENT!!!!
wow great point i had never considered that. i'm suddenly convinced that your autistic ramblings are actually an argument! you're amazing!
>>
Demo for boob tower game when?
>>
File: spr_bee_fly_r.gif (10KB, 159x183px) Image search: [Google]
spr_bee_fly_r.gif
10KB, 159x183px
>>7440577
BEHOLD I RETURN!
...Uhh, I don't know what to say.
>>7440591
Yeah I never said trap, others did. Whatever you wanna tell yourself is fine with me. It's got a penis, a cute face, and very slight lil tiddies.
Work is going well, new monsters, new anims, nothing I want to post just yet (save for this updated bee). I'm learning coding too, having had no prior experience with it, but I made a base-8 number system for proper pallet indexing so instead of having 512 individual sprite sheets we just have one. That probably wasn't really relevant information, just want to let those interested know that I am constantly working and learning and stuff.
>>
>>7445414
Any progress?
Release when?
Also, any new detail you wish to share with us?
>>
File: spr_bat_fly_l.gif (19KB, 308x229px) Image search: [Google]
spr_bat_fly_l.gif
19KB, 308x229px
>>7445425
Yes, progress. The progress I said in this >>7445414 post.
Is it like tradition to just ask "release when?" For those who missed the previous thread, I've only been doing this for about a month and a half now. I couldn't tell ya when release is. BUT as soon as I get a demo going I will let you all know. That may not be for awhile though, a matter of two or three months I would think. I want to create a competent demo, create a development blog, create a patreon, and then continue making this game til I'm out of ideas.
New details, um...
Well, people tend to announce things like this then fall off and disappear. We've all been burned before by these types. I am building this game from the ground up with no prior experience in either coding or pixel art. But I am learning and I am motivated and I will not stop. I'm putting together all the basic elements of this game at the moment. Once the substrate becomes more ironed out the way forward will be clearer. Most of the details are not interesting to the consumer atm, all I can tell you is to believe that I will continue.
Also here's a male bat.
He has a tiny penis, until he uses magic to steal your girth and add it to his own. Then he fucks you with his massive cock but I mean I didn't even need to say that did I, it was obvious.
>>
>>7445442
>people tend to announce things like this then fall off and disappear.
even gravedigger anon left us
>>
>>7445442
Nice. Ever since Muddled World Orchestra and the rabbits with dicks bigger than their bodies I've acquired a fetish for tiny monsters with huge dicks.
>>
File: 1466580079343.png (70KB, 735x594px) Image search: [Google]
1466580079343.png
70KB, 735x594px
Newlife 0.4.8 Backer Build

.jar/.exe:
https://mega.nz/#!KNRzEDbT!okbxrU68Cj7lSkqQUEI3uz-9IVURGuT8bFF-TIFaxi4
>>
>>7445510
>Newlife
get this trash out of my face
>>
>>7445442
Please continue doing good work.
>>
>>7445510

I both like that that is a thing that was added, and hate that it's such a big deal in this vanilla ass game that "from behind while standing" was a big fucking deal for an update.
>>
Mu/d/ dev still chugging away.
>>
File: message block coroutine.png (152KB, 1564x1740px) Image search: [Google]
message block coroutine.png
152KB, 1564x1740px
I figured you guys would be more experienced with eroge dialogue scripting than me.

So previously I had the outcome of landing on a dialogue node simply run through that message {} block you see there, and every call msg("blah") would simply add "blah" to the list of messages the user had to click through to get to the next choice.

but then I wanted to have actions (ie loli:setClothesOn(Panties, false)) to be in synch with the flow of the user actually clicking through, so I basically emulated inter-language coroutines using thread/mutexes/etc (this is far from performance critical).

So now what happens is the main thread lanuches the message-code thread (which interpretes the loliscript you see in that image) until it reaches a call like msg() - which then halts the message interpreter thread and resumes the main game thread until the user clicks the button to advance the conversation.

This is good and all, but then I decided to also add in a fork() call which will also stop execution but instead of waiting for an advance dialogue click it will display some options to the user (ie fork("yes", "no", "maybe") will make the user chose between those 3 options, then return which one they clicked on - fork() would return 0, 1 or 2, and forkAsStr would return the key (which is the message for when you declare them as parameters of forkAsStr(), and will be the key to a message if you do addForkChoice"key", "actual message here").

Does this seem like an okay way of handling inlining control flow?

For more complicated stuff I have each dialogue node you land on being broken down into multiple of those outcomes, and whichever outcome's attributes {} block best matches the attributes of the loli (and player, etc) will be chosen and run.

Any suggestions or comments?
>>
>>7445400
>And fine, GCC wasn't a 100% accurate comparison and you're too goddamn stupid to be able to understand. Anyone with at least a first-grade reading comprehension would understand anyway, but you've demonstrated your single-digit IQ for us multiple times before so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
>I made a shit comparison BUT YOU'RE AN AUTISTIC RETARD SO I'M STILL RIGHT
Also, my IQ has actually been professionally evaluated. It's 129.

You seem to miss my second point (about other peoples' code styles).
Some people indent with tabs, some with spaces. Some people indent with two spaces, some with four. I try to match what they do, and if I didn't change configuration my IDE would try to be smart and do it the way I told it to, which doesn't fit in the context of this program.
So when I did a git commit my code would have tab indentation instead of two spaces.

>Do you manually convert from assembly into machine code? Of course not, because it's an incredibly tedious task that there is no benefit in doing yourself.
No, but that's because I don't want the binary code to be human readable. I will manually format the assembly to make it flow as well as possible, though.
Also:
>single digit IQ
>can write in assembly languages

>wow great point i had never considered that. i'm suddenly convinced that your autistic ramblings are actually an argument! you're amazing!
Glad I was able to make you see the light. /s
>>
File: b03b4cfcbaacf327d616ad2ed313ff9b.jpg (698KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
b03b4cfcbaacf327d616ad2ed313ff9b.jpg
698KB, 1000x1414px
>>7444975
>God knows why though

Because Bedlam hates the idea of anyone having access to the game if they haven't paid for it, and even more so hates people being able to edit it.
... and 4chan is filled with people who will do things you hate just because you yell loudly about hating them.
>>
File: 1436109721314.jpg (356KB, 822x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1436109721314.jpg
356KB, 822x1200px
>>7445644
Man, I really hate it when people make games about food sex.
>>
>>7445647
S-source?
>>
>>7445647
This seems pretty neat. I'll be sure to add it to the game I never finish.
>>
>>7445652
It's trash. That's the only good scene in the entire manga.
>>
File: play doctor dlg.png (48KB, 804x850px) Image search: [Google]
play doctor dlg.png
48KB, 804x850px
>>7445635

As for the attribute stuff I mentioed, here's a pic.

It basically takes all available (ie ones that have their requirements field met) and computes the distance (basically euclidian distance in a n-dimensional vector space, where n is the dimension of the union of all the attributes matched by all available scenarios, and with not-present fields as some "expected distance", ie if you match {a, b} and {b, c} it'll match in {a, b, c} but for the first one have c's dist be some fixed amount, same with a's dist for the 2nd one.).
>>
>>7445656
Just to clarify since I realized a bit late that could be kind of ambiguous, the name of the manga is literally trash.
>>
>>7445414

>BEHOLD I RETURN!
>BEHOLD
>not "BEEHOLD"

You had one job!
>>
>if you don't do things my way you're fucking retarded
>no u
>no U
>NO U
this whole fucking thread
>>
>>7445666
A big shame, could've been excellent fap material. But thanks anyway
>>
File: no vajayjay allowed on the jay.gif (648KB, 489x377px) Image search: [Google]
no vajayjay allowed on the jay.gif
648KB, 489x377px
>>7445663

I also recently reworked the dialogue stuff away from NPCTalkState, to talking simply being a node in the girl's behavior tree (http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChrisSimpson/20140717/221339/Behavior_trees_for_AI_How_they_work.php) ,I now have action() calls stop dialogue and then execute a specified behavior tree (child subtree) from the dialogue node.

This let me do something like pic related, where follow_1 links to follow_to_secluded, which exits dialogue and runs a dialogue tree which will follow the player and start a conversation when he wants to, when you're in a private location. Then the dialogue will continue at a different dialogue vertex (the playing doctor one).
>>
Any good impregnation and/or body swap games
>>
>>7445698

Welcome to general threads, they get restless and ornery when there's nothing to do.

We're lucky when a thread can round out without somebody sailing in from outta nowhere to start a fight for no reason.
>>
>>7443164
>I will never give money to a patreon that uses a shitty bad engine like RAGS.

like you give anyone money
>>
>>7445642
>Also, my IQ has actually been professionally evaluated. It's 129.

And yet you are still not clever enough to not waste your time with pointless discussions and just enjoy the porn. See you in another 100 IQ points or so.
>>
>>7445716
>>7445635
>Implying anyone here knows how to C++
Am I *renpy* cute *twine*, uguuu
>>
>>7445952
>>Implying anyone here knows how to C++
Probably more than just me.
>>
>>7445663
I read that one post first: for the data side of data-driven code, it looks weird to have to embed all message strings in "msg(...)".

>>7445635
>I wanted to have actions (ie model changes) to be in synch with the flow of the user actually clicking through (ie view changes)

>Does this seem like an okay way of handling inlining control flow?
How much do you care about being able to save and restore a gamestate inside those scripts? I'd have written a finite state machine (or stolen it from HenHighSchool, that monster even has a graphical editor).
>>
>>7445952
C++ isn't exactly exotic
>>
>>7445978
>C++ isn't exactly exotic
Of course it's not.
It's ugly.
>>
>>7443935
>>ignoring linux users, as usual.
>upset about linux

Fuck off. You're not entitled to anyone making games for you. Stop ruining the thread because you have a vested interest in propping up your preferred OS.
>>
>>7445716
what is that gif from?
>>
>>7446023
>Fuck off. You're not entitled to anyone making games for you. Stop ruining the thread because you have a vested interest in propping up your preferred OS.
My only interest is to have more people choose libraries that allow cross-platform compatibility.
I'm not being paid by jews to be annoyed like you seem to be implying with the "vested interest" bit - I literally do not have windows on my system. Deliberately choosing a library that limits compatibility and flexibility in the future is a bad idea.

OK, done with shitposting for a while now.
>>
>>7446241
>choose libraries that allow cross-platform
Wew, your not so smart, right?
>>
>>7446241
Linux is not big. There is very little point to intentionally targetting it. Not to mention that, for now, every Linux user who has any interest in Windows' applications either knows how to make them run anyway or simply dualboots into Windows.

It's barely justifiable to request Linux versions out of AAA developers, h-game devs doing it for free should just use whatever's easiest for them.
>>
>>7446255
*You're.
And I am referring to using things such as SDL and OpenGL, which operate on lots of different platforms, instead of things like Game Maker or Direct3D.
>>
>>7446261
Game Maker can export to pretty much every platform. Provided the developer bought those modules and wants to use them.
>>
>>7446261
Then use them by yourself, fag.
And don't tell me what to use.
Fucking attention-whoring-linux-fag.
>>
>>7446263
Last time I tried to use game maker, I couldn't compile programs from Mac OS. I had to use windows to do it.
>paying for modules
>free game

>>7446271
>I can't come up with a valid argument, so I'll just try to insult someone else
Kill yourself. Or go back to /g/. Or go back to /g/ and then kill yourself.
>>
>>7446279
He's clearly attention whoring.
>Look at me! I'm using Linux! And I want everyone to make games for my Linux. Linux.
You are either him, or your fag.
>>
>>7446261
>SDL and OpenGL
>Game Maker or Direct3D
Those aren't even comparable and besides Game Maker way too low level for any /d/ev here anyway.
>>
>new bread when
>>
File: Screenshot_20170527-112334.png (348KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170527-112334.png
348KB, 1440x2560px
>>7446279
>>
>>7446284
I'm a mac user, and I see his point. His point is (probably) that by using technologies like OpenGL and free software, you can make your games work better on more platforms and not have to spend money.

Additionally, something that I can compile on my own machine is much more likely to work than some random binary I'm given by someone who doesn't even use my platform.

>>7446285
>Game Maker way too low level for any /d/ev here anyway.
Apparently some people disagree with that. But I hesitate to call Game Maker users 'devs'.

Seriously, if you want something easy to use, use Pygame. It takes a lot of the complications of programming in SDL directly away.
>>
>>7446295
I said besides Game Maker. As in using OpenGL, Direct3D or SDL directly.
And /d/evs was referring to the people making games that get posted here.
>>
>>7446300
Your lack of commas lead to confusion and ambiguity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_%26_Leaves#Title
>>
>>7446300
Pygame is still a good option for noob devs.
So is javascript/HTML.
>>
File: 1491443641272.png (1MB, 1750x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1491443641272.png
1MB, 1750x1204px
I just accidentally linked my best friend to Perverted Education on tfgamessite instead of a music video. What method of suicide should I choose?

Also
>Student Transfer update WHEN
Good bodyswap/mental manip is really hard to find
>>
>>7446349
>I just accidentally linked my best friend to Perverted Education on tfgamessite instead of a music video. What method of suicide should I choose?
Choking on his dick.
>>
>>7446349
Strengthen your friendship by having him send you a porn game in return, then jerk each other off while you play them
>>
>>7446349
>whoops wrong channel
>>
File: suicide.jpg (64KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
64KB, 640x1136px
>>7446349
>>
>>7446402
Kinda reminds me of the drowning+hanging+car accident suicide method.
>>
>>7446082
Some guy is making a child abduction sim.
Its really fucking creepy and anyone who downloads it when it comes out deserves to be on the watch list that they'll be on.
>>
>>7446427
You kinda skipped the whole fiction vs reality lesson, didn't you?
>>
>>7445980
You're ugly.
>>
New Thread:
>>7446479
>>7446479
>>7446479
>>
>>7439053
Medieval-slavery
>>
>>7444808
The answer to what is the best way to format some given code is whatever makes it easy to understand in that particular case, it's fundamentally a subjective problem. Sure, there are standards, but those are rarely well-defined and are usually guidelines, not hard rules. Also, people format by hand more often than using autoformafters.
>>
>>7446260
I guess that's largely true, for windows-only software, but Windows+Mac OS, but not linux applications are an abomination in my opinion. If you do support Mac OS and Windows your application is multiplatform already and you should be easily able to add Linux support. I don't see how Mac OS is a bigger userbase than Linux.
>>
>>7444250
add one to that, I'm surprised by how many linux users play h-games, I'd venture about 5-10% of the posters in these threads use linux. There were certainly quite a few in /hgg2d/
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.