[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are hentai adaptions drastically toned down?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 14

File: ×× of the Dead.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
×× of the Dead.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
It seems like most animated adaptions of hentai games/manga/etc. are severely toned down in comparison to the source material. Taimanin Asagi 2 and 3 being some of the most egregious examples recently. The newest example is the adaption of "xx of the dead" that just came out. The source material is FULL of "all the way through" scenes and that's nowhere to be found in the animation. Is it really just budget concerns? Or are they afraid the more extreme scenes will lose them sales? It fucking sucks whatever the case may be.
>>
>>
>>
File: Majo to Ken to Sen no Tsuki.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Majo to Ken to Sen no Tsuki.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>
File: Sarai no Me.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Sarai no Me.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>
File: Shinshoku 3 ~Inma no Ikenie~.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shinshoku 3 ~Inma no Ikenie~.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>
>>
File: Zecchou Tenshi Acmerear.jpg (138KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Zecchou Tenshi Acmerear.jpg
138KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: Zoku Etsuraku no Tane.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Zoku Etsuraku no Tane.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>7390081
Pretty much.

Making an animu out of something is a blatant cash grab to begin with - it's not like they expand the universe or add new content (well, sometimes they try and it's even worse, so it's better when they don't).

Anyway, cash grab by definition, so the goal is to make it as cheap to produce as possible while appealing to the widest fanbase they can reach. Har/d/core fans who liked the original will probably grab it just because it's an adaptation, so those are covered. Animating stuff is expensive, especially if you want to make it not look like shit, so all the really fucked up scenes are kicked away, which makes it more vanilla, bringing in a less deviant crowd - two birds with one stone.
>>
>>7390469
At this point... I'd take anything halfway decent regardless of whether it's faithful to the source material or not. I mean... what was the last great hardcore series we got that wasn't a massive disappointment? Magical Girl Elena? Kuroinu was nice but it didn't really contain the stuff you'd find in classics like Magical Girl Ai or Himekishi Lilia. Though, I think it was one of the rare instances in which a scene was MORE hardcore in the animation than the source material (Ruu Ruu with the cyclops).

I'd gladly take 15 minute episodes of good quality shit over the 23+ minute garbage we've been getting. Though if the Asagi sequels are anything to go by... we won't get quality OR quantity when it comes to extreme content.
>>
>>7390081
isn't XX of the Dead the thing where some teal-haired girl turns into a bunch of undead creatures and fucks the remainig students with mouth tentacles
>>
>no updates on https://gitlab.com/aliyas/mud for over a week

I assume the inventory system is taking quite a while.

>Much later I will be looking at world building, and I already have a general fantasy canon in mind, but the details are something I would definitely appreciate tapping into the infinite wisdom of /d/.

What do you already have in mind?
>>
File: Shokusai no Miyako.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shokusai no Miyako.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
>>7390966
I don't think so.

Shokusai no Miyako maybe?
>>
File: Miko-gui ~Mashu no Kurobako~.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Miko-gui ~Mashu no Kurobako~.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
>>
File: Gokuin no Sentou.jpg (163KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gokuin no Sentou.jpg
163KB, 1200x600px
>>
>>7391431
Whoops. Wrong thread.
>>
>>7391576
I was wondering what the fuck you were talking about.
>>
>>7390081
It's sheer laziness that causes adaptations to be toned down. These people are not trying to make something they like, they are trying to make money with as little effort as possible. At some level I don't believe they even have the imagination capable to understand the feelings or sensations of the people they draw in these situations, they just know "X equals sexy times to people, so draw X happening"
>>
>>7392024
I just don't see how the industry went from amazing shit like the classic pixy stuff to what we have now. Did that stuff really not sell well? They made 4+ episodes per series. Now we may or may not even see a second episode for the stuff they're pumping out.

I have to imagine that the reason these adaptions aren't as popular as they used to be is BECAUSE they lack the quality of past works. It's a cycle. They aren't making enough money so they cut the budget and talent and now they aren't making enough money BECAUSE they cut the budget and the talent.

I understand that vanilla stuff is a lot less work to animate but would something like the original Taimanin Asagi really not be worth it in terms of profit? The sequel adaptions rode off the back of that first series. I highly doubt the third series got them much money after the bullshit we got in the second series. Unless the Japanese audience is completely ok with that level of quality.
>>
>>7391576
You are aware you can delete your own posts, right ?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.