[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CRISPR and the new human futa race

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: d84630462ca2355da.jpg (97KB, 850x1275px) Image search: [Google]
d84630462ca2355da.jpg
97KB, 850x1275px
So I read about this whole CRISPR thing and that anybody can code anything in everything in the future. It is such a simple process that anybody at home can literally scamp with the DNA from wheat or insects to humans.
http://newatlas.com/home-crispr-gene-editing-kit/40362/

So when do we will see the first sexy futas?

Also futa thread
>>
>>6961469
>no balls
Absolutely Disgusting
>>
File: 5da0475a5c4f7f9.png (781KB, 855x1292px) Image search: [Google]
5da0475a5c4f7f9.png
781KB, 855x1292px
>>6961473
You are goddamn right, but with CRISPR everything is possible to change!
>>
Unfortunately, CRISPR isn't ready for humans, yet. It still creates shitloads of errors.
>>
so what would you change when you get your home CRISPR unit?
>>
>>6961548
CRISPR is ready for humans, but we don't have a complete map of gene functionality to match our map of the genome yet. CRISPR is the most accurate method to modify genes though, and the errors are not really so excessive like your post implies. We're already testing it on human zygotes (although they're kept under 14 days old)
>>
We won't see genetically modified humans for quite some time. There is a LOT of legal legwork that has yet to be done. For example: are they citizens? are they considered to have the same rights as regular humans? what happens when you create a type of human which is significantly and obviously superior to other humans? what are the moral ramifications of that? where does that leave the rest of humanity?
questions like these and more will ensure futas are a long way off, at least from being designed in 1st world countries. China/Korea are a lot more likely to approve of GM humans long before areas with western influence do so, so that's your best bet for finding a futa
>>
File: The-shape-of-things-to-come_v4.jpg (1002KB, 1200x9240px) Image search: [Google]
The-shape-of-things-to-come_v4.jpg
1002KB, 1200x9240px
Maybe in a 100 year or so
>>
I work with CRIPSR in real life and seeing this post made my day hahahaha.
It is ready for humans, if you look through the interwebz you'll see that in the near future the UK will use it with people. They are not faggots like the US.

>When will we see the first futas?
I would say 60 years or so. Luckily for you there is something like a futa.
In the Dominical Republic there is a town in which some guys are born like girls because tthe testosterone wanst triggered during the fetal development, so you get "girls"...

When puberty comes out testosterone is triggered, so those "girls" start to grow dicks. Here is the trick, testosterone may be triggered in late puberty, so you can get "girls" with breasts and a micropenis, which would be a futa ... maybe ?

>>6961601
knows what he is talking about
>>
>>6961650
>>6961601
sources please?
>>
>>6961650
>if you look through the interwebz you'll see that in the near future the UK will use it with people
I live in the UK and know nothing of this, please tell me more

also can we use CRISPR to slow down/reverse/stop ageing or some how get some kind of regeneration?
>>
>>6961658
From what I can gather, it can only be used on embryos. You can't use it on anything past a very early stage of development because you have to edit every single cell in the body.

It's less about helping us and helping future generations instead. Of course, messing with embryos is an ethical can of worms that's going to cause problems.
>>
>>6961662
So i should stick with my original hope of uploading my brain or replacing my body with robotics in order to not die of old age
>>
>>6961668
Transhumanism seems the way to go, though I doubt anyone alive today will be able to live forever. Even if we could get the tech down, the ethical issues would hold back progress for a while, just look at stem cells.
>>
File: CoreCom.jpg (27KB, 482x522px) Image search: [Google]
CoreCom.jpg
27KB, 482x522px
>>6961673
>the ethical issues
Fuck that shit, I want to live forever! Death is a disease and we need to cure it

>ftw I want upload my mind into a brutally efficient self replicating mechanisms of war and troll the universe
>>
>>6961679
I think he means societal issues will hold it back. Congress, voters, funding issues, etc. You know, basically everything that halts our progress as a species.
>>
>>6961668
Not really, we can achieve biological immortality, but for that we need to learn to regrow telomeres and cure cancer.
>>
I don't know about you guys, but I would love to be able to live for a thousand years without ageing at the same rate we do now, have a woman's body and a penis, and other extra features.

We're humans, dammit. We don't consider nature to be a limiting finality, merely something we can take and alter any way we see fit.
>>
Religion and shaming are gonna ruin this for us, I can see it coming and it sucks.
>>
>>6961496
Kaine was the first time I had feelings for a futa (technically hermaphrodite but whatever). Nier in general was a great experience.
>>
>>6962279

Maybe at first, but that's what they said about the age of the Earth, the fact that it's round, and the heliocentric model of the solar system.
>>
File: 1468658205779.jpg (110KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468658205779.jpg
110KB, 650x900px
>>6961469
It is not like Western Civilization will be around long enough for this to be perfected haha!
>>
>>6961469
Nature is a strange and mysterious thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neotrogla
>>
>>6962636
Also, mating sessions can last up to 70 hours
http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/17/in-this-insect-females-have-penises-and-males-have-vaginas/
>>
File: 1465548292956.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1465548292956.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>6962310
>>
>>6961469
while the prospect of irl futas does give me a hardon, there are a few problems. Problems that I would be glad to hash out in the lab with a fuck load of money and acess to the tech once its done.
>>
>>6962310
Tons of gay guys ARE white guys, hahah. This is some awful bait.
>>
>>6961668
Upload brain, create clone, download brain.

For any given person I expect this technology to be twenty-five years away when they die.
>>
>>6962251
> Living the dream

Hey bro, what are you doing here? I also have the same utopian dream as you. Sadly we all know it will never come true for our current generation.
But hope's still up and i also have a new idea for a thread. Posting tonight.
>>
>>6962299
Kaine is love. Kaine is life.

Sadly she was censored in the west.
>>
File: 2a550a93ef534725.png (252KB, 604x930px) Image search: [Google]
2a550a93ef534725.png
252KB, 604x930px
>>6961601
I can understand that we are missing the complete genom map of a human, but still hoping that especially China will burn so much money in CRISPR Science that we will have, maybe, in about 20-30 years a complete understanding.

DNA organ is ready to be played :^)
>>
It seems to me that the obvious low hanging fruit for people like us messing with this stuff is to use it to put genes for whichever hormone into gut bacteria. Of course, even if it all goes as planned it's not certain what the resulting levels or absorption would be, but it would probably be interesting.
>>
>>6962964
>>Sadly we all know it will never come true for our current generation.
I dunno about the futa bit, but negligible human senescence may become a thing in our lifetimes.
>>
File: 1467585845185.png (819KB, 958x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1467585845185.png
819KB, 958x1044px
>>6961469
Genetics are absurdly complex, Anon. Look up "epigenetics". You can't just copy over the gene for dicks and expect it to work out, especially since the body is designed to work with only one set-- fetuses start with a generic set of sex organs which then differentiate into female or male parts as they grow. Copying the genes just makes the body try to differentiate the base set into two different things, that's why the human race has no true hermaphrodites despite genetic mutations.

>>6963147
That's hilariously evil, desu. Dumping hormones into people doesn't simply make them more masculine or feminine, the body has some "idea" of what the ratio should be, and if you throw off the balance the body will try to return things to normal. That's why guys on steroids get bitch tits and why transsexuals take hormone blockers as well as their target hormones.

I'd imagine removing a gut infection like that would be damn near impossible. I think Crohn's Disease is bacterial, and if I recall correctly they've only recently discovered that fecal transplants (i.e. putting someone else's poop in the patients intestines) may cure it. Otherwise they remove your colon.
>>
>>6963236
>Copying the genes just makes the body try to differentiate the base set into two different things, that's why the human race has no true hermaphrodites despite genetic mutations.

Wouldn't it be possible to localize developmental hormones to certain regions of the body so both parts can differentiate separately without interfering with each other?
>>
>>6963236
There's supposed to be a testosterone blocker in saw palmetto, right? If someone has bothered to track down the gene for that, problem solved. Not sure what the equivalent for going the other direction would be, though.
>>
This is not how CRISPR works you fucking retards.
>>
>>6963303
Kid, get your reading comprehension checked and then go finish your high school science class before you start spouting off ideas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation_in_humans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex#Medical_classifications

>localize developmental hormones
Hormones aren't the be-all end-all to development of sexual organs and "localizing" doesn't make sense because there is ONE locale.

>both parts can differentiate separately without interfering with each other?
Like I said, there are only ONE set of each part, and it differentiates into one OR the other. NOT BOTH.
>Clitoris <=> Penis
>Balls <=> Ovaries
>Scrotum <=> Labia

The easiest and best chance of creating anything close to a futa is either:
>A female with a pseudo-penis, that is, a female with an enlarged clitoris approaching the size of a normal penis.
This one is top-tier and could potentially happen in our lifetimes, assuming research effort went into it.

Secondly, you could maybe do:
>a male (dick+balls) with all-female secondary sex characteristics such as face, boobs, body frame, etc.
>a female (uterus, vagina) w/ all-male secondary sex characteristics as above^
Basically, the process and result would be the same as a high-quality transsexual. Apparently there are genes that keep your gonads male or female (as appropriate) and turning them off will cause them to change to the opposite within a month. So you might have a body develop it's sexual organs as normal until childhood, but then cut the genes and have the body undergo puberty with flipped gonads. Due to other genetic factors, this wouldn't be the same as if a normal (fe)male underwent puberty, but you'd probably get passable results.
(source on gonad-flipping: http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2009/12/16/one-gene-stops-ovaries-from-turning-into-testes/ )
>>
File: Large Reeee.jpg (74KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Large Reeee.jpg
74KB, 1200x1200px
>>6963340
>the gene in humans for a testosterone blocking substance found in a plant
>>
>>6961662
>because you have to edit every single cell in the body

Sounds like a problem automated nanotech should take care of. GET ON IT, SCIENCE
>>
>>6963371
nanotech is just advanced ochem.
>>
>>6963362
>Kid, get your reading comprehension checked and then go finish your high school science class
What's with the fucking attitude?

>Like I said, there are only ONE set of each part, and it differentiates into one OR the other. NOT BOTH.
Why would you want the SAME tissue to differentiate into both? That's like saying you can't have hands and feet because the tissue "differentiates into one OR the other. NOT BOTH"... no shit.

>a male (dick+balls) with all-female secondary sex characteristics such as face, boobs, body frame, etc.
That's superior to futa anyway.
>>
File: 1365471904522.jpg (154KB, 680x990px) Image search: [Google]
1365471904522.jpg
154KB, 680x990px
>>6961626
Nothing here about sea levels rising 80ft, the clathrate gun, or the oceans absorbing CO2 causing acidification leading to a mass extinction of marine life and complete collapse of our ecosystem (and us)

I have no hope for the future, I don't want to buy a house or have kids, its too late to stop it. I'm ready for extinction. Why didn't we listen?
>>
>>6961469
If it's so simple as you say, why don't you do it then?
>>
>>6963570

> I read a post on reddit so now I'm a doomsayer

good job
>>
>>6961469
We'll probably develop gender switching before futas though. That's something at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 600x476px
>mfw I die before futa catgirls are created
>>
>>6963800
*hugs*

It's alright senpai, we understand.
>>
Don't get your hopes up. This is essentially the same method we've been using to modify DNA since the at least the 90s. Instead of needing a whole set of "screwdrivers" and guessing to find the right one, we now have one of those "screwdrivers" with the swap-able head. >>6963236 and >>6963362
points are very valid here.

Also you could always do this from home. The process is not hard. You just needed the right scientific supply catalog.
>>
>>6961679
I read that in the narrator's voice
>>
>>6963147
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-Prenylnaringenin

>8-PN is found in hops (Humulus lupulus) and in beer, and is responsible for the estrogenic effects of the former. It can be produced from isoxanthohumol in fungal cells cultures, and by flora in the human intestine.

/d/ finds a way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnczJcY1Xe8
>>
>>6961668
Literally just modify another organism to produce the enzyme telomerase, then administer than into a human's circulatory system. Just like any drug, no genes changed (in humans), and that human now is biologically immortal. Augmenting longevity is far easier than trying to genetically alter someone's intelligence, once fully grown and developed.
>>
>>6965956
Yes, and all your cells become literally cancer.
>>
>>6963508
>Why would you want the SAME tissue to differentiate into both?
Hell of a lot simpler to do it that way as then you're mostly just tweaking what the body already knows. Repurposing something else is more likely to cause problems, as you don't want to end up without kidneys or a liver.

To get both, the easiest way would be to split the tissue during early development and force each side to go down a different pathway. Probably by doing something with adding more Hox genes. Which is complicated messing around with body plan development and NOT something we know how to do yet. Let alone do safely. Also, this will have to be done at the embryo stage; the number of gonads you have is locked in pretty early.

Mixing and matching primary and secondary sex characteristics is much simpler. We nearly know how to do that, provided you start early enough (likely pre-puberty is sufficient). It might even be possible without direct genetic engineering.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.