[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D & /D/ 5e/Pathfinder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 40

Hello fellow /d/eviants. Does anyone here play any tabletop games and if so, what ideas and concepts would you love to see played out in a game like this? I'm partial to a Wild Mage trap whose wild mage rolls are customized for /d/-related shenanigans.

What's your magical realm, /d/? And mechanically, how would it work?
>>
File: 0c69b0248febb92695c812a30886ba53.jpg (683KB, 900x1342px) Image search: [Google]
0c69b0248febb92695c812a30886ba53.jpg
683KB, 900x1342px
Also, fantasy rpg Trap thread?
>>
File: 78b08522a2ac2cf7ab1d547fa8cea4b2.jpg (421KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
78b08522a2ac2cf7ab1d547fa8cea4b2.jpg
421KB, 1114x1600px
>>
>>
File: 0507050acbbb79d6535a783004692c79.jpg (157KB, 840x1085px) Image search: [Google]
0507050acbbb79d6535a783004692c79.jpg
157KB, 840x1085px
>>
File: 649bfa56c306d1fe9092bb35c420da8a.png (879KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
649bfa56c306d1fe9092bb35c420da8a.png
879KB, 800x1000px
>>
>being That Guy
>>
File: hKcKYRY.jpg (156KB, 1200x967px) Image search: [Google]
hKcKYRY.jpg
156KB, 1200x967px
>>6572986
>>6572987
dunno about OP but this exactly what i like to see on the 1st page!
>>
File: 5v5fB.jpg (243KB, 1289x1300px) Image search: [Google]
5v5fB.jpg
243KB, 1289x1300px
>>6572909
I mostly keep the fetishes off of the tabletop, but I've got this one 3.5 character who's a bundle of them. He's a drow whose twin sister died when they were still pre-adolescent; his mother decided to fake the accident so that supposedly it was him that died and not the sister, and then magicked him up so that he'd look like a girl. He was freaked out about it so he managed to pay off the wizard to leave his dick, so he's essentially a male-identifying shemale in his later life who pretends to be a woman in order to survive. He's also a massive sadist (as you do with drow), pansexual (one of his frequent partners is a Githyanki), has the verminfriend feat (and usually has spiders nesting his clothes as a result), has absurdly long hair (hair fetish fuel), and has several elemental grafts, including a fire elemental grafted into his skin. He's also a beguiler so he gets to screw with people's minds.

I've also toyed with the idea of corruption in D&D a few times, but I can never seem to get it to work the way I want it to.

And my first ever D&D character is actually genderbent, come to think of it. He put on a cursed leather armor that turned him into a woman and can't take it off (as you do with cursed artifacts). (He's half-fay anyway, though, so he didn't particularly care.)
>>
>>6572909

Boy do I sure love taking a game that involves a number of people and forcing them to wade through my kinks and fetishes.

Keep /d/ where it belongs, asshole.
>>
File: 1287365624460.jpg (505KB, 2671x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1287365624460.jpg
505KB, 2671x2000px
>>6573325
>>6573854

I hate to say it, but I agree with these anons.

However, if I were in a game where magical realm was okay...

... Definitely into traps, muscle girls, goblin girls, orc girls, dwarf girls, etc. D&D in general is fetish fuel of one flavor or another. Hell, there's an entire school of magic that revolves around manipulating people's emotions, memories, and overriding their willpower that puts simply hypnosis to shame.

In a hypothetical magical realm game, I'd be totally cool with whatever so long as boundaries were established before play, and they were adhered to as closely as the rules of the game are.

Nothing is worse than being subjected to someone elses' kink that you find revolting. I for one would not be cool with having my character raped by a half-dragon furry who forces my character to eat their feces or something.

Which is why anyone who brings this stuff into a normal game is That Guy.
>>
File: 1426099506090.gif (384KB, 474x354px) Image search: [Google]
1426099506090.gif
384KB, 474x354px
>>6572909
Congratulations on being a That Guy. Protip; never suprise your/other players with this shit unless they know up front it's an adult/ERP game if you want them to come back, and not mock you.
>>
>>6574038
What's that artist's name?

I can never remember it so I can search up their other shit.
>>
File: 1303837541296.jpg (422KB, 672x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1303837541296.jpg
422KB, 672x1000px
>>6574064

I have no idea. I never did learn it.
>>
>>6574064
Quick search on some Boorus turned up:

tsukasa_jun
>>
>>6574080
Awesome, thanks dude.

Out of curiousity, how'd you do that?

I did a google image search with 'booru' added and didn't find crap - is this a reverse image search function inbuilt to the booru themselves?
>>
>>6572909
basically CoC the D&D game..... yeah that sounds good
>>
>>6574038

Strangely enough, I really don't take much offense at magical realm-dom in general unless it's not well done or thematically apt. I'm not into, for example, scat, but a dryad of the traditional plant-girl variant that treat such matters the way a normal girl treats chocolate? So long as she enjoys and is not trying to smooch my character afterwards. Berserker orcs who masturbate with the blood of the Fallen for lube? Sure, I guess.

Usually I get stoked for some of the psychology as it may manifest in games, like sense of self and how it differs between races, or how a worshipper of a deity of monsters might find eroticism in the strangest of places compared to others.
>>
File: 1444194917129.jpg (937KB, 770x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1444194917129.jpg
937KB, 770x1088px
>>6574122

Like you, I don't take offense to what other people are into. I know that to some others, what I'm into is weird/wrong/etc. My objection solely centers on having something I'm not into be inflicted on me, which is essentially what magical realm DMs and players are doing in a game that isn't explicitly ERP from get-go.

I too enjoy thinking about how sex and culture intersects with religion and magic in my campaign settings. Without going into too much detail, my homebrew setting has a hermaphroditic goddess of love, sex, and consensual deviancy.
>>
>>6574038
>In a hypothetical magical realm game, I'd be totally cool with whatever so long as boundaries were established before play, and they were adhered to as closely as the rules of the game are.
>Nothing is worse than being subjected to someone elses' kink that you find revolting. I for one would not be cool with having my character raped by a half-dragon furry who forces my character to eat their feces or something.
>Which is why anyone who brings this stuff into a normal game is That Guy.
Yep...
Kinda missed out on a Erotic Black Crusade game because I wasn't keen on dick...

>>6574185
>I too enjoy thinking about how sex and culture intersects with religion and magic in my campaign settings.
I know this feel all too well.
>>
File: 1428263117685.png (225KB, 600x773px) Image search: [Google]
1428263117685.png
225KB, 600x773px
>>6572909

>mechanically

I'm not sure mechanics even need to be addressed (at least, not as far as D&D goes). Why?

>flesh to stone

For all those petrification/object transformation fetishists.

>charm monster/dominate monster/suggestion/hypnotism

Get all the mind control you ever need.

>summon monster

For all your semen demon needs.

>polymorph

Gender bending, forced transformations, etc.

>Taint

This is sort of 3.x specific, but there are actual corruption rules that make you insane, physically twisted, or both.

>bondage, rape, monster girls etc.

Most of this falls under existing rules. Use Rope (for those 3.x fags), defeating opponents/victims in combat until helpless, or being defeated by opponents for those who like to be on the other side of the fence.

>Charisma and Persuasion/Diplomacy

For literally everything else. Or just playing an awesome character that NPCs would not only follow into battle, but might also be interested in sleeping with.

Does the game need anything more complicated for sex than already exists, plus the RP aspect?
>>
>>6574992
No more than, say, rules are needed for caravans, guilds, buildings and associated businesses, or Kingdoms.

Which is to say, not necessary, but certainly welcomed. And I say that while in the midst of writing a campaign inspired by the more common fantasy themed hentai, but with the victim princess becoming a villain protagonist that would put Kerrigan to shame for use of unholy magicks and soul manipulation in pursuit of vengeance for her defiling and being put into a position to have to learn said forbidden rites to achieve her aims.

I'm not exactly a fan of futa, so it's not a focus, but I like monsters and magic and size difference and occasionally tentacles so I figure when all is said and done it will appeal to the .01% of /d that isn't perpetual cock-gargling.

Also, perversion power potential fuels my obsession with new rules and their application. Not just in regards to, say, Medusa who take levels in Mesmer to gain greater control over their gaze power, or draconian summoners whose eidolon is a form they could shape change into because they have a voyeur fetishes and get off on their bounded companion taking it from adventures who are pursuing them...with plans to surreptitiously offer themselves up instead at some point.

And that's before we even get to sadist with Heavy Petting Zoos comprised of enslaved members of other races...or even some who joined of their own free will for nefarious purposes.
>>
>>6575294
And as tone doesn't convey in text, I say cock-gargling with the sort of fondness that implies "but hey, you do you" even if it repels me but I wouldn't want to take away another person's joy.

Sorta like diaper threads. Not for me, but go on witcha bad selves. I'm just here for my het cis centaurs and other monsters, yes I know you think /d is for dickgirls, and I am here because of the rules.

No hard feelings towards anyone, getting back to work now.
>>
File: 1431304815638.jpg (274KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1431304815638.jpg
274KB, 1200x1600px
>>6575294
>>6575339

I figured it wasn't meant to be an insult.

>rules for caravans, guilds, buildings, associated businesses, and kingdoms

You've got me there. I suppose I should clarify my feelings on the subject.

The Book of Erotic Fantasy was a half-measure. It included rules for sex, and then all the rules in the book were geared toward half-hearted attempts at "sex can make you more powerful!" - the problem being, that the various ways they implemented that was uninteresting at best, and outright worse than taking a different feat from a 1st party book.

Hell, if you were playing with Core+ExPH and the BoEF, almost every option in the BoEF was objectively worse than taking something from the other books mentioned. Becoming better at sex made you worse at being an adventurer/hero.

Some of the prestige classes had okay abilities (Dominator), some had OP abilities (Metaphysical Spellshaper), and others were just a waste for PCs to take (Divine Prostitute or whatever it was called. The sexual healing one).

I suppose what I want out a "D&D with sex!" rules supplement is something much more /d/ and aware that it is that, and also aware that although we're going to have sex with monsters and NPCs, we're also going to loot tombs, topple empires, and spend an inordinate amount of time searching five foot squares.

>Cute centaur girl for you.
>>
>>6575294
>I'm not exactly a fan of futa, so it's not a focus, but I like monsters and magic and size difference and occasionally tentacles so I figure when all is said and done it will appeal to the .01% of /d that isn't perpetual cock-gargling.
>Also, perversion power potential fuels my obsession with new rules and their application.
Muh Cultist!
My mind went straight to Lewdness Potential when I read up on Wild Magic Sorcerers and Warlock Packs...

>>6575347
>I suppose what I want out a "D&D with sex!" rules supplement is something much more /d/ and aware that it is that, and also aware that although we're going to have sex with monsters and NPCs, we're also going to loot tombs, topple empires, and spend an inordinate amount of time searching five foot squares.
Yeah, biggest issue here is quantitative granularity.
For instance, I've got a concept for an Expansion Fetish Spell known as Blessing of Bloat, which would convert all bludgeoning damage to temporary Hit Points while also expanding the target's flesh.
A caveat might be increased vulnerability to Slashing and Piercing Damage, but what Level should such a basic but potentially abusable (Never said the damage couldn't be SELF-inflicted, and Bludgeoning is the type for Fall Damage) Spell be?
>>
File: 1365546294261.jpg (234KB, 740x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1365546294261.jpg
234KB, 740x1035px
>>6575528

Hmm. Well, actually... The Book of Vile Darkness has the really exploitable Sadism spell, which for every 10 points of damage the caster inflicts in a given round, they gain a +1 luck bonus to attack rolls, skill checks and saving throws for the next round. It's a 2nd/3rd level spell.

I'll take a crack at the spell:

Blessing of Bloat
Transmutation
Level: ?
Components: V, S, M(?)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: Caster
Duration: 1 round/level

All bludgeoning damage the caster takes causes their flesh to swell and bulge. Every point of bludgeoning damage the caster takes while under this spell's effect grants the caster 1 temporary hit point. If the caster gains double their normal hit points, they are reduced to 2/3 of their normal movement, and may burst their clothing or armor (make a strength check vs. the clothing's break DC with a bonus equal to 1/2 the casters level. Armor should be treated as though donned hastily - though magical armor resizes). In addition, piercing damage does double damage vs. the caster for the duration of the spell. When Blessing of Bloat ends, the caster loses all temporary hit points, and returns to their normal size.
>>
>>6575347
Old as I am and how often I have been and gone over the years, I have always been more inclined to try to bring less hostility. I know, it's terribad.

>>6575528

And that's before looking at Akashic classes, psionics, psychic magic, and...and...well, ALL THE THINGS.

>>6575708

Spiffy! My themes in that regard, rather than weight gain, tends more towards extra-dimensional extension - I had once worked with an Accommodate spell that had five levels and basically allowed for a size category difference between intimates, which more or less gave the recepient virtual square footage of sensate flesh and elasticity without dulling feeling, not unlike a bodily version of Distance Distortion from back in the day.
>>
File: 1374703880110.jpg (133KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1374703880110.jpg
133KB, 707x1000px
>>6575887

I find that I'd rather improve the community (such as it is) than be hostile. I distinctly remember /d/ being a nice place when I first started lurking back in... 2007.

Yes. All the things of 3.5 are almost exclusively better than the stuff in BoEF. When I first read it, it reminded me of the /d/ reaction image with the girl bored, bent over the desk.

Hmm. I guess I misunderstood the intent of the spell, but that's okay. It reminds me of the old 2e Expansion power from the psionics book, where instead of becoming large sized, you could extend body parts.
>>
File: 1429823517118.jpg (862KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1429823517118.jpg
862KB, 1200x1350px
>>6575931

>spell themes

I somehow missed you were replying to someone else. Ignore that last...
>>
>>6575708
Thing was, it was suppose to be a BLESSING, something a Cleric could put on an individual of their choosing...
I'd change it to:
Range: Touch
Target: Single

And, just so you can get some fun out of it...
Duration: 1 minute/level
>>
File: 1399606347470.jpg (450KB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1399606347470.jpg
450KB, 1446x2046px
>>6576036

Minute per level is a pretty long duration. Potentially allowing PCs to power up between fights. Though I suppose the DM could have some enemies doing the same thing.
>>
>>6576076
It's not any worse than any other Buff, especially since it comes with the drawbacks from actually expanding.
>>
File: 1434981974753.jpg (111KB, 611x834px) Image search: [Google]
1434981974753.jpg
111KB, 611x834px
>>6576101

Fair enough. I'm headed for sleep, but I'll check back tomorrow.
>>
File: 1384911310406.jpg (141KB, 730x870px) Image search: [Google]
1384911310406.jpg
141KB, 730x870px
>>6575708
>>6576036

Giving it another go:

Blessing of Bloat
Transmutation
Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Ranger 3, Wizard 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Single
Duration: 1 round/level

All bludgeoning damage the caster takes causes their flesh to swell and bulge. Every point of bludgeoning damage the caster takes while under this spell's effect grants the caster 1 temporary hit point. If the caster gains double their normal hit points, they are reduced to 2/3 of their normal movement, and may burst their clothing or armor (make a strength check vs. the clothing's break DC with a bonus equal to 1/2 the caster's level. Armor should be treated as though donned hastily - though magical armor resizes). In addition, piercing damage does double damage vs. the caster for the duration of the spell. When Blessing of Bloat ends, the caster loses all temporary hit points, and returns to their normal size.

Note: This spell does not change the target's effective size. A medium creature remains medium sized even though they may become enormous within the limits of that size.

Material Component: A leaf from a rubber plant, or rendered fat from an animal.

Thoughts?
>>
>>6575935
>Dat. Fukken. CedarGrove.

The artist who singlehandedly restored my fondness for orcs after another ruined it.

I suppose it's worth reiterating that the whole psychological and sociological thing comes up in my magicalrealming because of certain fetishes that I can conceptually understand, but personally find uncomfortable.

Part of this of course includes a certain amount of xenophilia. Centaur provide the hint of zoophilia while making a point to not ignore sapience and sentience. Gnolls work similarly in a canid/hyenadonesque way. Orcs generally are a taste of the savage Other, but as a darkie myself I get a bit chagrined at the frequency with which we are analogued to orcs. And gnomes and half longs give the shortstack love, while dwarves to me are the vulgar, coarse milf-figures who...well I recall threads about Dwarven women, and recall contributions to many of them.

Also I forgot to squee earlier about QTtaur upthread. But yiss. Delicious centaur adorableness! I'm fond of making them druids so that they can wildshape like Dora from Golden Axe - Revenge of Death Adder.
>>
File: 1437365991364.png (614KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
1437365991364.png
614KB, 644x800px
>>6576523

I've had a thing for green women ever since I saw The Menagerie two parter from TOS many years ago. The first two Warcraft games gave me sympathetic orcs, and the Elder Scrolls finally cemented my fondness for them. My perverted nature has put its own twist on it.

I think that artist is great too. Wish they'd do more. I like my green ladies big and stronk.

>analogued to orcs

That is unfortunate. I try to avoid it in my own homebrew stuff. In one setting, the orcs are similar to neolithic/copper age Europeans like the Ice Man they found in the Alps, who have been assimilated into other cultures. They aren't stupid, they just never needed advanced technology to survive in their environment, being naturally stronger and tougher than humans and elves. In another, they're a stone tool using hunter-gatherer species who is in fierce competition with their gnoll neighbors, but thanks to explorers and expanding empires, they're losing their old traditions and beginning to trade (and raid) for metal weapons and tools.

Neither are evil (I tend to throw alignments our anyway).

>tfw you grew up wanting to be Captain Kirk and lay all the alien ladies

I think xenophilia is probably my biggest kink. It helps that I don't think any one population of humans is more attractive than any other, and being different is never bad in my eyes. Eye of the beholder and all that.

>Centaurs

I'm not into zoophilia per se (I'd never have sex with an animal - the lack of sapience and the wrongness of it all prevents me from even considering it), but centaurs push all kinds of odd buttons for me. Have a centaur.
>>
File: 1430944103599.jpg (818KB, 1563x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1430944103599.jpg
818KB, 1563x1147px
>>6576548

I have been thinking about something in the back of my mind since the thread started... It partially pertains to the Taint rules from Heroes of Horror, and partially pertains to the corruption/transformation content in CoC.

What if someone were to create a robust "taint" system similar HoH, but without the bent toward evil (or maybe we like the "sex is bad" corruption aspect?).

I am reminded of the Dark Heresy sexy perils of the warp tables...
>>
>>6576578
I've never seen those, could anyone post them/a link to them?
>>
Though I would never play a ero game of Pathfinder in real life, I've always wanted to do a campaign with a heavy /d/ theme/slant to it. Sex magics, perverted artifacts, rape or enslavement as a penalty for losing a fight, etc. I think you could have a lot of fun world building something like that and subjecting players to its whims. Need to be upfront about what is/isn't cool or wanted but I think it'd be a fucking blast if done properly.
>>
File: 25708903_p5.jpg (836KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
25708903_p5.jpg
836KB, 1200x900px
>>6576578
But the sexy part of corruption is the evil, not the sex.
>>
File: rajii_coc_edryn.jpg (131KB, 1280x1048px) Image search: [Google]
rajii_coc_edryn.jpg
131KB, 1280x1048px
>>6576901

One of my personal projeccts in progress is writing a (mostly) D&D/Pathfinder style setting that I would want to expand into a sort of shared world a la Lovecraft and the Mythos, but I worry of not either generating enough interest, intvolving people enough without being all control-freak, or appealing to enough of a demographic to make it a worthwhile venture. This is not helped by my tendency to get bored of my own ideas and have to cycle away to another project for a time.

A prime example of this was a series of short stories I was working on themed around druids of the most lurid and lewd varieties, themed around the seasons. Cribbing slightly from Eberron, Springs were the happy Beltane flower children who were all about fucking in general but life growth and life-positivity as a whole, while Summers were the more typical defenders of wild places in bloom and verdant and beautiful. Autumns were all about the harvest, the bounty, and the preparations for winter, with part of their focus being on easing harvest while putting some fertility back into the land, and winters culled the overgrowth and pruned the excess. In my homebrew ,there are Gods, yes, but nature is an entity that is closer to the primordial id, and those who worship nature tend to come across as yes, intense, and sometimes a little unhinged. Then again, considering one story focused on a ritual that basically summoned an avatar of Nature to mate with a willing sacrifice and multiply her offerred fertility into the land at the cost of her own reproductive capabilities, and normnaly a duty chosen by women who had already bore a few children, and only when harvests are truly bad and bleak is a virgin offerred due to an exponential rejuvenation to the land....

Well, I suspect it's far more granular in detail than would be interesting to some.
>>
File: 132554687160.jpg (981KB, 1980x1980px) Image search: [Google]
132554687160.jpg
981KB, 1980x1980px
>>6576901

Definitely. I wouldn't mind doing some world building.

>>6577098

I've got some ideas for ERP version of the Taint rules (and some more regarding a Purity axis, with the intent to replace alignment altogether).

Will post more later when I've thought about it a bit more, and can get some of it down on paper.

>>6577098

I have a setting that isn't ERP specific, but I have some ERP with it. Same one that has that hermaphroditic love goddess.

Also, I'm going to start using a name just for this thread so we can all tell who were talking at.
>>
File: 1393697865245.jpg (102KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
1393697865245.jpg
102KB, 700x720px
>>6577378

This:

>I have a setting that isn't ERP specific, but I have some ERP with it. Same one that has that hermaphroditic love goddess.

>Also, I'm going to start using a name just for this thread so we can all tell who were talking at.

Was supposed to be a reply to:

>>6577182
>>
>>6577382
All good, and I certainly enjoy world building, smut and otherwise, though of course I admit that I sometimes need to be reminded of when blind spots crop up, relating to tastes.

For example, I like settinga with relatively "young" gods - not that there isn't a place for things that have existed for damned near eternity, but I am usually more interested in Apotheosis and how it shapes the worldviews of deities that have risen to fill power, cultural, and societal voids. This also gives impetus for individuals to be actively sussing out what their patrons want while giving some measure of relevance.

Similarly, while I have certainly written out mo r email homoerotic cultural contexts, both seriously and in jest, I am hampered occasionally by my disinterest in cocks, and emulation through transposing what I like about quim doesn't always perfectly scan. Using centaurs as an example again, and my time taking agriculture class in school (don't ask), I'm much more inclined to detail things about mare winking, or the peculiarities of the scent differences between "normal" versus "estrus" scents, or speculate on the lactation from the humanoid mammary especially being more for me talk growth and development, while the mare teats would produce milk that stimulates the body's growth more, than necessarily detail the difference this would have on a growing male, or whether the early diet difference might make with regards to brutishness a la some classical representations versus being mighty scholars of later tellings, or at what point centaur adolescence kicks in and the adorable sho-taur-o starts to man up and unfurl the mighty horse weiner (because Disgaea refs are nandatory).

On a different front, I also like the idea of genus loci. Not only because of my love of all sorts of Disgaea metagaming, and the idea of the spirit of a building wanting you inside them, but because you always get national, city, or regional spirits, but seldom do you see buildings.
>>
File: 1437471868233.jpg (1MB, 1101x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1437471868233.jpg
1MB, 1101x1200px
>>6577709

Young gods make for an interesting and dynamic setting, and makes me think strongly of the Olympian gods. Especially seeing as how they overthrew the Titanomachy. It doesn't hurt that the Olympians were in many cases, overtly sexual, supremely interested in meddling in the lives of mortals, and their half mortal offspring had the potential to become gods themselves.

I'd like a setting that incorporates young gods who overthrew previous ones, and some of those older gods are still around, creating mischief or threatening the world.

>All that detail about centaurs

That's probably much more detail than I'm usually willing to go into, but then again, I tend to paint broad strokes and fill in the details as they occur to me.

If we keep this up, I'm going to end up posting a lot of centaurs.

>Genius Loci

It is an interesting idea, to be sure. 3.5 sort of had this with the Epic Level Handbook, but they kind of missed the entire point of the concept. It's not an ultrapowerful monster, it's a spirit that guards or resides in a particular place or a thing that has feelings and needs to be placated for people to prosper where its influence touches.

Many cultures have believed in spirits of hearth and home, and it would be an interesting setting feature if homes (especially multigenerational ones) eventually developed a guardian spirit, and that spirit had certain protective powers (i.e. the reason vampires and other evil cannot cross the threshold unless invited in, retribution against those who might despoil the home or its occupants, etc.).
>>
File: 1429209866279.gif (320KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429209866279.gif
320KB, 600x600px
>>6577824

Okay, so I've been thinking about the world building discussion, and the intersection of sex and religion.

In most campaign settings, I would say that pantheism is beneficial because it provides both choice for players, and conflict on a divine plane.

But, this often results in cultures who have multiple gods and churches (often these diverse cultures share those gods; an example being Forgotten Realms, where Chondathan, Luskan, and Damaran humans worship the same pantheon). However, in our own world, people typically worship their single god or pantheon of gods, and either try to show that other cultures' gods are just expressions or corruptions of their god(s) (the Greeks did this a lot, in particular where the Egyptians are concerned), or deny that other cultures' gods are real. Sometimes they demonize those other gods (Christianity and Islam in particular used this as a part of their conversion tactics).

So, my question for the /tg/ inclined /d/eviants out there is how would you approach sexuality, /d/eviancy, and religion in your own campaign settings?

As I've mentioned, there is a goddess in my homebrew setting that is hermaphroditic (she is also depicted as male or female in some instances, such as by male or female centric cults - this isn't considered heretical, as the male and female is viewed as aspects of a whole, rather than wholly separate concepts).

This goddess is not solely a sex divinity, but one of both passionate and compassionate love. Consent is considered a core tenant of the faith, and love is believed to take many forms (bondage, power play, etc. is not viewed as antithetical). Trust, honesty, and generosity of spirit are among the most revered virtues. People who gravitate to the faith are generally those who care a lot about their fellow beings, and the clergy maintains missions that serve to provide for the needs of their community (I'm not talking about sex here, but the clergy isn't restricted from having sex).
>>
File: 1357351043904.jpg (88KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1357351043904.jpg
88KB, 566x800px
Whoops. Forgot to put that name up.

>>6578863

The clergy is, as I said, not restricted from having sex, but using sex as a tool to get power or to manipulate people is viewed similar to the Christian concept of sin. It's a transgression against their goddess.

This goddess opposes another deity who is viewed as a demon by their faith. This god demands that its followers submit to it, as it is the highest being in existence, and they, its followers, should force their power on those beneath them (everyone else).

Sex is viewed as a weapon to dominate and humiliate. That isn't to say that the followers of the goddess don't occasionally do those things (love takes many forms), but followers of this darker god don't care about ideas of consent or safety or empathy. Their own gratification and the gratification of their god is what matters. What is exceptionally dangerous about this faith is that the clergy trains its adherents in the use of manipulation, politics, rhetoric, military strategy and tactics, magic, economics, and any other skill that can be used to co-opt existing power structures.

Power is all that matters to them. Power, and appeasing their god. This isn't to say that there are no submissive personalities in the faith, since the faith views submission to the strong, clever, and charismatic to be a part of the natural order. But submissive types find themselves in a situation where men and women who seek to become the most powerful people in the world manipulate and scheme with each other against the world, and they don't care about their underlings emotional or physical needs beyond taking care of a useful tool.

These two gods are almost universal throughout the various races, though they may be interpreted through cultural lenses and would be depicted as dwarves by the dwarves, and as elves by the elves.
>>
>>6578863
>>6578881

These concepts appeal on multiple levels, even in the parts that are less my 'thing'. The conceits of where, why, and how sexuality are invoked and utilized bring a sense of verisimillitude and "fitting" to the deity in question in addition to setting up the relationship with others.

One comparitive example that came out of a bit of brainstorming for either a different region or possibly a wholly separate campaign world was in regards to a setting that perhaps preceded any form of Ascension, where there was perhaps a lack of of young gods and whomever had preceeded had fucked off and was opting to be uninvolved. In part this was inspired by Nyambé and how the Overpower got tired of everything in creation competing for his favor. In that setting other forms of Outsiders filled deity like roles,specifically coming to be known as Orisha. In the case of what I had been considering, similar not-quite gods would certainly have a vested interest in garnering worshippers, especially if they gained actual strength from such devotion.

Translating it from the African motif to something more Hindi, I was inclined to have the yaksha and yakshini filling a similar role - thought they might serve an entity above them, certain rituals might call them to serve in the capacities they most enjoyed for recreation - particularly, yakshini were reputed to be substantially lustful.

And on an unrelated note, with the spiritualist class now a thing, I was heavily considering a variant of it or the summoner for an extremely dark twist on the tropes from Kuroino and other h-anime, where instead of just being raped and humiliated and impregnated, the victims take that ordeal and turn it on their violators by using the seed so bestowed, combined with unholy pacts and the vilest of magics, to summon entities formed from the donor material and empowered - enhanced orcs stronger and bigger than the ones who did the raping for example - to serve as battle vassals.
>>
>>6578881

Of course, while I try not to math nerd overy the mechanics, an extrapolated version inspired by Golarion (and Paizo's take on Lamashtu) involved summoner working in such a fashion, the options for their birthed eidolons based on a sort of melange of all the different races and species that they were able to mate with, resulting in all manners or powerful abominations...and possibly the option to reclaim the energy used in the creation by breeding the result and reclaiming it into the womb.
>>
File: 1322422712016.jpg (371KB, 850x1431px) Image search: [Google]
1322422712016.jpg
371KB, 850x1431px
>>6579811

4chan ate my other post, so here we go again...

>Nyambe

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows about that setting. I'm still trying to figure out how to adapt it to my own setting.

My setting also has lustful spirits, who are capricious and occasionally cruel, but not quite evil.

I'm curious about what parts are "less your thing" - but I suspect it's the hermaphroditism. If that is the case, we're in good company, because it's not something I'm into either. I like traps, and transwomen, but the vulva+penis combination weirds me out for some reason. I find it distinctly unattractive.

>Summoners

I really like this idea, as it combines rape, humiliation, pregnancy, and xenophilia, all of which are things I like in isolation or in combination. The Summoner in question would have a very twisted little family as a "reward" for enduring the indignity of the process (although, maybe not all of them view it as a price, but a double win).

>>6579832

I like the idea that in some way, the Summoner has created something that is part of them, and not really its own being. At the same time, the notion that a Summoner might create something over which they lose control could be fun too.

It's an interesting idea.
>>
I'm actually joining an erotic pathfinder game my boyfriend is running. We all know what we're getting into, and it seems like it's going to be fun.

My PC is a trappish servant boy to a trio of preening princesses (the other PCs), who is going to get Magical Girl'd at the start of the game, via a refluffed version of the Aegis class. It's looking to be very fun.
>>
>>6579950
Right in one, but as mentioned it's in a respectfully decline sense as it's mostly due to a personal distaste for dicks in the way that some people fund asparagus to be nastiness incarnate, or find mushrooms to be the embodiment of culinary evil.

Which is admittedly amusing because I have written smut of a nature that would seem to countermand my views. Yet it was for a friend as thought experiment with analog conversion of my favorite fetishes into a former that they would enjoy.

>Summoners!

Partially the 'family' idea appeals, though the original concept took shape as your average female of scantily clad caster nature, with a summoning circle tattooedaround her navel and belly, perhaps a visible clitoral piercing that supports an enchantment to permanently give extradimensional capacity for large insertion and the storage of gallons if semen, and the act of unleashing one of her creations being the rapid distention of her belly, drawing the circle to great prominance, a lewd moan ad she couches and disgorges a break of water and the creation materializing nearby, roused to anger by its "mother's" arousal. And after battle, she rewards it with her body, reclaiming the magic that shapes it as it drains its life back into the womb that gave it form.

>>6579999

There's something compelling about erotica and psionics - I have been wanting to do a psionics story, mentioned elsewhere, involving what amounts a mermaid Samus fighting against an aboleth and its army born from stolen mermaid eggs psionically modified into Tenga style sex toys and used by unwitting sailors and hedonist to spawn Gillman monstrosities.

Or at least monstrosities when magic bloodlines interact with the psionic creations badly.
>>
File: 1446409070523.jpg (450KB, 1200x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1446409070523.jpg
450KB, 1200x1450px
>>6580013

Writing for others can be rewarding, even if it isn't necessarily to our own tastes. I sometimes include things in my settings that don't appeal to me because I know that if the game were just about my own gratification, I might as well just write a book (which I'm trying to find the willpower to do). I do understand the distaste for dick. There are plenty of people of all stripes who don't find it attractive in the least.

I suspect I lean toward the bisexual part of the spectrum, because otherwise I'm baffled that 90% of the time I prefer the female form, but the other 10% I like feminine males with or without tits. The idea of having sex with the traditional idea of a man is repulsive, though I don't find men ugly in the sense that some others do. I think the male body can be beautiful, but not sexually appealing. Perhaps I see things in the way the ancient Greeks might have.

I'm not usually into unbirth, but that summoner scenario sounds hot. In a similar vein, I always wanted to either play a character or write one who was a warrior, but often fighting things or people stronger than her. She'd have sex with them (consensual or not as the case might be) and end up with a lot of babies, some of which were part monster. She'd end up having to take up adventuring again and again to make sure they were cared for, which would lead into more babies getting made.

>>6579999

That does sound fun.
>>
File: 1303999100772.jpg (295KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
1303999100772.jpg
295KB, 850x637px
>>6580013

If I had my way... I'd use psionics over magic any day. I'm not exactly sure what it is about psionics that I prefer (it could be that I like scifi more than traditional fantasy), but several aspects I can point to are:

1.) It can be taught, like a path to enlightenment or self-discovery.

2.) A person can be born with the ability, and those abilities can be wildly different levels of proficiency.

3.) It is a function of the mind/brain and willpower, rather than strange formulas, arcane secrets, or knowledge taught by the gods. This implies that biology is a factor.

Because of these things, I'm able to suspend some of my disbelief where the creation of living beings is concerned (with magic, A Wizard Did It, whereas with psionics, an understanding of the body and how it works is almost necessary).

I should of course mention that I'm not against magic, I just prefer magic that works in a consistent way, with an in-universe logic I can follow. "It just happens, because" is an insufficient answer to me on most days.
>>
>>6580110
I like psionics much more as a strange and alien system that's so much more beyond mortal ken. Not just a duplication of the same things that magic does under different rules but this overwhelmingly foreign force that disrupts the natural order. Maybe there are rules to it, but solving my problems (or succumbing to them,) won't involve gaining much understanding of 'how' that works. Maybe just the immediate 'what is happening.'
>>
File: 1415818149893-0.jpg (912KB, 2338x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1415818149893-0.jpg
912KB, 2338x1700px
>>6580110

One thing I forgot to mention was that psionics has that built in association with mind control.

>>6580574

I can understand that, certainly. Though I tend to think of magic that way (probably thanks to Lovecraft's stories).

One of the issues with the d20 system is that it doesn't tend to do alternative magic systems well (at least, not that I've seen in the years that 3.x ran and the bevy of 3rd party books that were produced). The Binder exists, and it's one of the best, and you could argue for the Warlock, but Warlock's are essentially much more limited Sorcerers. PF has done an okay job, because the Summoner and Alchemist are great...

... But the kind of sanity shattering, reality warping, unnatural force I want magic to be isn't really reflected in the rules (specifically, Vancian casting).

>inb4 "Have you tried not playing D&D?"

I do play other systems. I'm working on rounding out my Alternity collection, I have a ton of oWoD books, and a respectable collection of Battletech. The problem mainly is that I have so many of the damn 3.x books because my group started playing when 3.0 was new and shiny, and they really never outgrew it.

I also have a ton of older D&D editions, and I like them much better than 3.x. Not everyone shares my opinion however.

>sexy things

Of late, I've been thinking about things like parasitic armor and how it could be accomplished in 3.PF without just refluffing things. Specifically, I've been toying with the idea of the d20 Modern/Future gadget system (of the gadgets makes items into a living thing that can regenerate damage). Despite d20 Modern's shortcomings as a game, it is an excellent toolbox for customizing the d20 system.
>>
File: 1415817894490-0.jpg (654KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1415817894490-0.jpg
654KB, 1280x960px
>>6581201

>gadgets

I should say, "[...] I've been toying with the idea of using the d20 Modern/Future gadget system to accomplish this (one of the gadgets makes items into a living thing that can regenerate damage)."
>>
>>6580110
>>6580574
I'm mostly in agreement though I should give 2 caveats.

1, to me magic has always been the means to guarantee success but at an average level, made spectacular for circumventing the effort of causality. Higher levels are more successful but in general certain crafted items benefit from the entirety of process rather than wholesale fabrication - which is why manually crafted works of art are the best basever objects to enchant. And why conjured food can be tasty but actual cooking is still in such demand. And so on and so forth.

Psionics, and to a lesser extent chi/ki/qi usage, are to my mind and to my eye the mundane taken to the beyond-awesome. Though much more is naturally made of the discipline and effort required to utilize both, I tend to picture an almost inversion to the reaction of magic; using a spell to walk on water, for example, accomplishes a seemingly mundane act with a circumventing of cause and effect that ad it's a liquid one should sink in, yet does not due to external manipulation. A monk or ninja or Psionicist walking on water tends to alter the self, and thus makes it work - they are made lighter or less dense or maintain a rate and method of movement that defies the expectations of falling in, and while the end result is similar I tend to favor making one more spectacular to behold than the other. That's likely just me though.

>>6581201
My mermaid Samus project was intended to look at Psionics versus Psychic Magics as per the Occult Adventures book, not as opposing forces but as an almost cultural and interactive evolution of forms of world interactions. Psionics are not less or more refined, but are a particular means to an end. As more become attuned to the paradigms associated with Psionics, some would start to interact with the conceptsame from a more metaphysical approach, leading to the arising of Psychic Magic from Psionic roots.

>>6581209
Wouldn't the Synthesist Summoner lend itself well to the concept?
>>
File: 1415818900300-0.jpg (417KB, 1111x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1415818900300-0.jpg
417KB, 1111x1600px
>>6581486

>Synthesist Summoner

Indeed. I had a Synthesist for a single session whose eidolon was something akin to a Guyver suit. While that works great for a Summoner, I was thinking of using the gadget system to make such things more accessible for all classes, so you could play a meaty Barbarian lass with, say, an alien suit of living armor.
>>
>>6580013
>>6579950
That is so exactly my magical realm it hurts.
>>
File: 1316588897578.jpg (142KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1316588897578.jpg
142KB, 800x600px
>>6577378

I figured I'd address this, since I haven't gotten much work done on it.

But the current ideas surrounding it, would be to redo the Corruption and Depravity tables, and have Corruption be a little less ick and a little more sexy, while Depravity would cause the character to have compulsions that affect their behavior (curbing some behaviors and making others more extreme). I was also considering have Mild, Moderate and Severe levels to the Corruption and Depravity effects (so, someone with mild Depravity levels might have a mild compulsion to engage in sadist behavior, giving them say a +1 to Initiative, but necessitating a DC 15 or 20 Will save to break off from combat - just spitballing here, not worrying about balance). A Severe version of this might grant a +2 to Initiative, +1 to melee damage, but character cannot voluntarily leave combat so long as there is someone they can inflict pain upon (i.e. a valid target).

I was thinking that zero Taint, and zero Purity would be the default state for a PC, but allow something like the Vow feats or Traits from UA to give the PCs the option of starting with Taint and Purity.

Purity would act as a buffer against Taint, but not a perfect one. Heroic acts could add small amounts to Purity, but it would be easy to lose.

Some sources of Purity could be: Virginity, a Vow of Chastity, a Vow of Nonviolence, etc. Just bear in mind that this is completely thought out, and I'm sharing my brainstorming with you all.

When I get home, I'll ransack my books and see if I can't get something more substantial down on paper.
>>
File: 1351907271219.jpg (917KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1351907271219.jpg
917KB, 800x1200px
>>6582726

>ISN'T completely thought out

My typos lately...
>>
>>6580088
I'd been meaning to come back to this because I found it intriguing and surprisingly evocative.

My tastes are generally heteronormative, yet when it comes to the male figure my taste in aesthetics trends more Bara than bishonen. It's not that men can't be willowy of figure or fair of face; I simply don't find it personally appealing...even where I can understand the appeal to those who do. Yet even with the understanding, it doesn't matter in relation to my visceral reactions - masculinity is respectable to me but not erotic, and the way we smell doesn't have any semblance of the reaction that a woman's scent garners. I tend to think of myself as the exception that possible enforces the Kinsey scale hypothesis.

This does lead to rather odd speculation on the difference and where xenophilia might apply across the genders - obviously the different responses to pheromonal keys is a given, but consider the differing attributes of the mechanical processes alone. One could easily reference certain websites in regards to the appeal to the penetration-receptive of numerous shapes and designs and sizes of penetrative objects - yet it often us perceived (and misconstrued?) that those who are more interested in doing the penetration are fairly apathetic-to-agnostic about the receiving orifice so long as it is sufficiently lubricated. Which is vexing to me because half the point is in some measure of investure in the recipient, with any exoticness being bonus rather than the entire focus. Which might be why I am a bit peevish about traps as a concept - for me it misses the point, whereas I see it as being the point for many.
>>
File: 1412023190009.jpg (275KB, 1200x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1412023190009.jpg
275KB, 1200x1703px
>>6582726
If I were to approach this particular form of metasystem, I would crib heavily from either the honor system used for Jade Regent, or the Piety system of alternate alignment used in Testament. Of course the part I would get hung up on would be which fetishes, kinks, or paraphilia would most necessitate rolls or have the greatest impacts, with possibly varient charts for specific cultures - clearly, rape would mean something different to orcs than bugbears, and if elves in a setting were not subject to genetic malady from it then there is a good chance the incest taboo would mean less amongst them.

But then again, would taint be a societal challenge if it is an internal conflict for the individual? Or would the societal significance matter only as a modifier to resist indulgence?

(Sorry for lack of great pics, on mobile)
>>
>>6572909
/tg/ here. You stay away from my table.
>>
>>6583278
Not OP, but to be fair usually your table is full of WARHAMS or busy complaining about weeaboos or fightan majik or LOL PALADIN FALLS, so that shouldn't be a problem. :D

...but seriously, we're sorta over here to NOT spring it on the rest. It's an endeavor at something akin to courtesy, with a side of smut.

Tangent - I think people take the nick for a 40K ref, when it's more of a semi-Lovecraftian tongue-in-cheek quip. I've a thing for charts of silliness that require lots and lots of dice rolling purely for shiggles, so I am a devoted worshipper of RNGsus.

Back on topic, I am a bit biased towards d20/Pathfinder, but it occurred to me that, for the more mechanics-minded, Fantasy Craft might work well for certain approaches, both in the sense of class-building and for more of the social aspects where dice would be involved; it also has a fairly decent social system as far as sociopolitical combat, as it were, goes, and has several feat chains well suited to reflecting certain changes that might be construed as the physical byproduct of corruption.
>>
File: RPG pict1.jpg (372KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RPG pict1.jpg
372KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1421353570050.jpg (175KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1421353570050.jpg
175KB, 800x1132px
>>6583278

Neither RNGCultist nor I am the OP, and we've both expressed similar sentiments. As RNGCultist said, we continued this thread for a hypothetical magical realm game, and to keep it off of /tg/.

Had this been on /tg/, I wouldn't have contributed.

>>6583229

It's endlessly fascinating how different one person's sexuality can be from the next.

>>6583263

Right here is why I brought up the idea in the first place: I never considered whether or not it would need to be modified for culture.

Like the original Taint rules, I was approaching it from an objective Taint/alignment place. Depending on the setting, orcs and bugbears are monsters though (I tend to try and make them distinct cultures and playable).

Taint (in my mind) was supposed to replace alignment, so it could be as harsh or as lenient at the DM wants. Heroes of Horror had a short discussion of a variant where killing sapient beings was act that accrued Taint, which would make for a very different game than traditional D&D.

I should take a look at Jade Regent and Testament. I haven't come across them before.

>>6584073

Occasionally, those Gygaxian random tables are exactly what's needed.

I suppose I'll need to take a look at Fantasy Craft as well.
>>
>>6584204
Glad to bring the consideration to mind, and as I'm on my way home but pitstopped to do some housesitting I can try to expand on the system I recall more clearly - Testament's piety system.

In essence, Piety served as a measurable means of tracking how well your actions aligned with the creeds and needs of your deity of choice. All of the pantheons in question had specific requirements to meet, taboos to avoid, and behavioral quirks that moved you up or down the ladder based on your choices. There were decidedly notable consequences for being out of favor with the gods one worshipp, not the least of which was plagues at the extreme negative ends to the God of the Israelites smiting those who were sworn to service and yet defied the Covenant. However, some of the unfortunate consequences included things like acquiring perpetual insect swarms, the scorn of all women, the enmity of animals, and the most unpleasant of attention from children - think like those orphans in Assassin's Creed 3 or the beggars from the original.

Of note is that you didn't have to follow the taboos and strictures of faiths not your own - but it was generally not a bad idea if you were going to work with the servants of other faiths. They were much more likely to overlook certain behavior if they knew it was associated with the faith of your people.

Obviously, the avoidance of unclean things was noteworthy in all the regional faiths, especially in regards to both corpses on one end...and menstruating women on the other. And across most faiths of the region that latter one was cause for anow unclean state that lasted beyond bathing for reasons.

Naturally, this would be grounds to sarcastically observe that red wings were right out and are obligatory for superstition driven taint modifiers.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.