[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saban's Power Rangers Aftershock Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 100

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>35082
the movie was shit desu senpai
>>
>>
>>
>>35129

eh, i liked it. wasn't great but it was character driven, fun and not insulting like the transformers movies. I'd watch a sequel.
>>
>>
>>35129
This
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This comic wasn't anything special, but I like how it showed the characters and their interactions following the events of the movie.

Zack confirmed for best boy.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Are there any Krispy Kremeâ„¢ donuts in this one?
>>
>>35082
the original movie was OK, is this one better? should I spend 2 bucks on it? I don't want to read this 'sequel' before watching the movie
>>
>>
>>
>>35379
>Krispy Kremeâ„¢ donuts
Kek. I hope
>>
>>
>>
>>35082
Should I read if i havent seen the movie?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: IMG_2441.jpg (45KB, 462x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2441.jpg
45KB, 462x370px
>>35379
>>35448
Buy your SABAN'S Power Rangers Krispy Kremeâ„¢ donuts today, but hurry, before they're gone!
>>
>>
>>35562
>Buy your SABAN'S Power Rangers Krispy Kremeâ„¢
And see the movieâ„¢ now in theaters.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>35381

it's a lot better than the original movie. It does have a similar feeling to the transformers films, but it isn't insulting or dumb. The characters are more fleshed out and it's actually fun. Elizabeth banks is enjoyable as a goofy but evil rita.

that said, there is some blatant product palcement and there's a plot thread that's brought up and resolved poorly.

it's a solid C+/B- movie which is better than I expected. unless your a huge power rangers fan I think you could wait until netflix.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
We appreciate your efforts, preacher
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>35883
>We appreciate your efforts, preacher
Thank you anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>34571
>>
>>35171
Same.
Went in expecting to get my childhood raped and had a surprising amount of fun.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>36321
>become artist
>paint beautiful night sky with castle in background
>it's selected to appear in a comic book
>get paid royalties
>get sent copy of comic book
>read it
>CLAK CLAK
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>35171
>>36254
>>35710
>>35381
I liked it way more than I expected to. It is character driven, but it is an origin story after all, and it made me believe in their closeness a lot more than the 90's MMPR. Still needed a bit more Morphin' Time, but whatever.

It has some of the cheesiness of the old series, even some of the classic gags. Any other movie pulling these cliches, gags, and blantant product placement would be absolute trash, but in a Power Rangers movie? It works really well.

>>35314
>Zack
>Best boy
You. I like you.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
The end
>>
File: Sad homer.png (396KB, 631x470px) Image search: [Google]
Sad homer.png
396KB, 631x470px
Was seriously hyped for the movie but it sounds like boring garbage, t.b.h. according to We Hate Movies

I like fun garbage, not boring garbage, but at least the WHM episode was funny
>>
>>37039
Just fucking watch it. It's surprisingly enjoyable.
>>
>supporting saban's non union jewery
>>
>>37434
This
>>
>>37039
It's only boring if you have the attention span of a jar of mayonnaise. Otherwise, it's a story that develops the Rangers immensely. They feel like real people in this, rather than the caricatures of the old TV show.

Yes, there's not much action at all until the end, though. If you don't care about the story and are only in it for explosions, you might not enjoy it as much.
>>
>>35082
you should do this again on /co/ after the merge is over
>>
>>37039
Just watch it and decide for yourself faggot
>>
>>38750
I get what they were going for by not allowing the Rangers morph until they had bonded, though the action had to take a hit. And since this Rita doesn't want to conquer Earth, but destroy it, sending out monsters of the week doesn't seem like something she'd do.

My one major complaint is the the score wasn't memorable and the old theme wasn't in it enough.
>>
>>39187
>>38750
I concur. The characters really sold it for me so I wasn't too bothered by a decreased emphasis on action. I'm sure they'll crank up the explosions in the sequel. Thanks for the storytime, OP
>>
>>38974
Agreed
>>
>>36925
i'm impressed they got this ogn out on time, even if it's not even 100 pages
>>
>>40205
>i'm impressed they got this ogn out on time, even if it's not even 100 pages
I know right.
>>
>>42216 Ultimatum
>>
>>35082
I never REALLY looked at the suits before, holy shit this is awful
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 100

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.