[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get Jiro! Discussion thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: getjiro.jpg (90KB, 557x504px) Image search: [Google]
getjiro.jpg
90KB, 557x504px
/co/ and /ck/ related, so this merger is a perfect time for us to talk about this. Not a storytime unfortunately but I'm assuming at least some of you have read it.

For those who haven't, Get Jiro! is a graphic novel written by the celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain and illustrated by Langdon Foss. In the not too distant future chefs have risen to be the primary source of entertainment, not just sustenance, and armed gangs centred around different restaurants and schools of culinary thought rule the streets.

Into this comes Jiro, a talented Sushi Chef who quickly becomes the object of concern and desire for two of the largest restaurateurs in the city.

The art's a pretty great example of how to depict food accurately on page and a lot of the comic takes time to explain various minutiae of cooking and dishes as well as having a variety of make-shift weapons adapted from cooking utensils.

Thoughts /cock/?
>>
>>33716
we just had a storytime actuallys
>>
>>33716
>Not a storytime unfortunately but I'm assuming at least some of you have read it.
Some anon storytimed it this morning, you /cock/. It was a fun read.
>>
>>33815
Knew somebody would've! It's weird how little overlap there is usually, apart from comic branded foodstuffs.

For the /ck/ guys out there, how accurate was the cooking in the series, what little of it was shown?

For /co/, how'd you feel the pacing was?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.