[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARVEL BACKTRACKING ON DISASTROUS RETAILER SUMMIT COMMENTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 37

File: David Gabriel.jpg (86KB, 460x559px) Image search: [Google]
David Gabriel.jpg
86KB, 460x559px
Hey guys, remember that stuff yesterday where we blamed the readers for being shitlords and not buying our diversity books as well as DC for being nice to retailers leading to less people reading our comics? Forget that, everything's cool and things couldn't be better. LOL Amiright?

>Discussed candidly by some of the retailers at the summit, we heard that some were not happy with the false abandonment of the core Marvel heroes and, contrary to what some said about characters “not working,” the sticking factor and popularity for a majority of these new titles and characters like Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Moon Girl, continue to prove that our fans and retailers ARE excited about these new heroes. And let me be clear, our new heroes are not going anywhere! We are proud and excited to keep introducing unique characters that reflect new voices and new experiences into the Marvel Universe and pair them with our iconic heroes.

>We have also been hearing from stores that welcome and champion our new characters and titles and want more! They’ve invigorated their own customer base and helped them grow their stores because of it. So we’re getting both sides of the story and the only upcoming change we’re making is to ensure we don’t lose focus of our core heroes.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-sales-diversity/
>>
Marvel is such a piece of shit company and can't admit it ever did anything wrong.
>>
Worst day to post such a thing. Not sure if serious.
>>
File: 1395725038414.jpg (87KB, 316x318px) Image search: [Google]
1395725038414.jpg
87KB, 316x318px
>>33212
>our fans and retailers ARE excited about these new heroes. And let me be clear, our new heroes are not going anywhere! We are proud and excited to keep introducing unique characters that reflect new voices and new experiences into the Marvel Universe and pair them with our iconic heroes
The worst of it? Not an April's Fool.
>>
>>33212
>And let me be clear, our new heroes are not going anywhere!

Well, enjoy your failure, Marvel.
>>
File: IMG_1341.jpg (61KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1341.jpg
61KB, 600x884px
>>33212
New heroes weren't really the major problems though. Its the shitty business practices that chanced off damn near all of their best talent and bogged down good stories.
Bring in legacies without fucking over the originals completely. Stop doing shitty events that drag in multiple titles. Stop with the fucking relaunches. Enough fuckjng varients and over ahipping. And have editors do their actual fucking jobs instead of just shilling for their next marketing scams.
>>
File: 1312115823346.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1312115823346.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>the marvel house of cuckolding

Even if they "pull a rebirth" almost all of their writers are still shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif (2MB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif
2MB, 494x494px
>>33388
>$11 billion
>doing anything wrong

>>33445
>marvel
>failure
>>
>>33865
>draxposting
>>
Gay Iceman and the hard push for Captain Marvel Carol Danvers is the point at which the downwards roller coaster began.

Recently this whole RiRi Iron Man bullshit.
>>
I doubt they'll produce anything genuinely worth watching for awhile. Most people are pretty burnt the fuck out on superhero movies by now, but they'll still generate enough revenue to keep cranking them out for the retards.
>>
>>33981
We're talking about comics, anon.
>>
>>33981
>movies
>>
>>34001
A-April Fools!
>>
>>33865
Marvel is a failure, Disney is not
>>
>>34057
Marvel is Disney though
>>
>>33212
>We are proud and excited to keep introducing unique characters

5/6 of the ones he listed are [Insert Hero] + [Different sex/ethnicity]. Squirrel Girl is the only non-legacy character on there.
>>
>>33212
>http://www.cbr.com/marvel-sales-diversity/

Anybody got a link to the original article with Marvel blaming the readers?
>>
>>34158
They also blamed the election. One element which was very frank indeed was when Gabriel discussed the sales slump in the comics market in general. Gabriel says, “There was just a big shift in the entire industry, and there were a lot of factors behind that. I think everybody had a modicum of blame publisher-wise. I think the economy had a little bit to blame. By economy, I’m talking about what was going on in the outside world which led to people not necessarily wanting to spend money in that October-November time frame.” https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/31/marvel-blames-comics-market-sales-slump-election-angst/
>>
>>34097
So is ESPN and ESPN is a disaster for Disney right now. They're thinking of selling them.
>>
File: Excuses, excuses, excuses.jpg (141KB, 1829x372px) Image search: [Google]
Excuses, excuses, excuses.jpg
141KB, 1829x372px
>>34158
>blaming the readers
>>34228
>They also blamed the election
Oh, Marvel...
>>
Real talk: The problem is diversity - more accurately, a lack of diversity in Marvel's business model. How much longer can it keep doing events and crossovers and...shit, even superhero comics in general?

Nostalgia being what it is, a lot of us here have connections to major characters from Marvel and DC. But that alone cannot be the one thing that drives us to buy comics, and that alone cannot prop the business up forever. Indie publishers are doing better these days because they have branched away from the capeshit to present fresh new stories not rooted in legacy characters and Crisis Crossovers.

Superhero comics have their place in the industry, sure. But so long as the Big Two put all their eggs in Secret Wars and Flashpoints and "retooling" Spider-Man and Batman every six months, the industry is going to remain stagnant.
>>
>>34133
Superhero identity != a character.
Riri is as much Tony Stark as Kyle is Hal Jordan.
>>
>>33865
I've seen this filename on too many times
>>
>>34288
But she's not unique, she's Iron Man.
>>
Ok real talk, would anyone actually care if Disney decided to intervene over at Marvel at this point? What possible harm could they do? Marvel is in such a shitty rut that I think the only solution is for The Mouse to start cleaning house.
>>
>>34398
And Dick, Tim and Jason were all robin. And steph, cass and babs were all batgirl. And John Stewart is Green Lantern along with hundreds of others.
Superhero names aren't all there is to a character retard.
Or how about the several people that have been called Captain Marvel or Spider-woman?
>>
>>33865
>MCU fags.

Can /tv/ fuck off and never come back?
>>
>>34288
The problem is Riri isnt even a character, just a lazy ass remix of a popular hero. Frankly she could have been a decent Iron Man addition if she didnt wear a suit. Hell, why not have her pilot some giant ass mobile workshop/tank meant to help Tony/Rhodes? Oh wait, because both are currently dead to justify her existence. Not that it matters anyway, Tonys current suit is fucking broken as hell
>>
>>34570
>The problem is Riri isnt even a character
Yeah, its not like she has any character traits like extreme aversion to socializing, or grief/guilt over the deaths of close friends and family oh wait she does. But I guess you'd have to read comics to know that.
>>
>>34697
Piss off Bendis
>>
>>33865
>he thinks the comics branch is seeing a single cent on the movies and toy's benefits
>>
>>34737
:^)
>>
>>34743
You've got it right. Marvel Studios is a totally separate division.
>>
>>34697
Her building a suit in her dorm for shits n giggles and flying around the background of Civil War 2 hardly counts as good characterization
>>
>>34813
A what about the stuff I just mentioned that weren't on the two pages you saw in passing?
>>
>>34570
I just dont like sexualizing young marginalized girls like marvel does
>>
comics are so inaccessible

im not trying to meme or anything, but picking up random manga every other week feels so much easier
>>
>>34911
here here
at least in manga you only need to follow one book in comics if you want to get the whole story you have to purchase multiple books with different characters
Im just worried of their new dlc type buisness model though
>>
>>34911
But most comics are monthly, what are you talking about?
>>
>>35002
weekly>monthly
>>
Complete neophyte here. Do the gender/race flips of existing heroes actually sell well, or is that guy in the OP full of shit?
>>
>>35078
Eh. I don't think so.

Monthly model is better because you can space out the wait with other books. And if it's a really good one, it makes the anticipation all the better.

Comic's problem is the price.

Not that it bothers me since I'm a pirate.
>>
>>35002
I think the shared universe/incredibly long character histories can be daunting to some people. Plus in cape comics it's generally suggested to follow writers over characters, but the comics are more character marketed than writer marketed, so it can be difficult to find good runs.
>>35086
They do sometimes, but generally speaking it has less to do with the gender/race swap itself and more to do with the quality of the writing. Most of Marvel's writers aren't very good right now, so their gender/race swapped characters aren't performing.
>>
>>35086
not as good as DC
>>
>>35078
Not when they're decompressed to shit.

>>35086
Not particularly. Marvel sales have been slumping for the past year at least but a few years ago they were going strong and people were at least willing to give new characters a try so say the sales despite all the bitching.
>>
>>35086
relaunches always sell well but then sales start dropping
jane thor sells well consistently
falcap sells worse than remender's cap and all-new cap
other ones just sell a lot of trades like squirrel girl
>>
>>35281
>other ones just sell a lot of trades like squirrel girl
Keep in mind that even this is complete horseshit considering DC Superhero Girls outsells the entirety of Marvel's trade line except for Civil War.
>>
>>35323
>DC Superhero Girls outsells the entirety of Marvel's trade line
>FUCKING DC SUPERHERO GIRLS
how did it come to this
>>
>>35496
Children don't know how to pirate comics.
>>
>>34911
>>34965
Never really got that but for the most part I never really gave a shit about the "full story" just the adventure at hand.
>>
So what's the comic options for us Christian classical conservative fans
>>
>>35566
unfunnies
>>
>>35566
killing yourself would be a nice option
>>
>>35535

are you implying DC is more for kids than Marvel? i really hope youre not
>>
>>35566
Daredevil

Before Marvel turned him into an edgy atheist.
>>
>we heard that some were not happy with the false abandonment of the core Marvel heroes
Top kek. The abandonment was real. White men were being systematically replaced with women and other colors.
>>
>>35651
kids dont want patriarchy and faggotry anon
>>
>>35651
No, but DC Superhero Girls is definitely aimed at children, which is why it in particular is selling so well.
DC in general seems better geared towards the trade market as well.
>>
>>35615

That's not nice
>>
>>33939
>is the point at which the downwards roller coaster began.
Come on, my dude. The downward spiral began with Civil War #1.
>>
I JUST DONT WANT THIS FORCED DIVERSITY SHIT IN COMICS OK FUCK LOOK I KNOW ART IS """INHERENTLY POLITICAL""" BUT DONT YOU THINK JUST BY LOOKING AT IT THAT THIS IS A BIT PUSHING IT?
>>
>>35651
it's a digital comic based on a show aimed at little girls you dunce
>>
>>35746
>not house of M
>>
File: Giganta.jpg (153KB, 960x525px) Image search: [Google]
Giganta.jpg
153KB, 960x525px
>>35496
A combination of DC Superhero Girls doing really well and Marvel's back catalog being largely worthless.

Where's my damn supersized Giganta doll DC?!
>>
>>33212
Means less but no total removal.
>>
>>35086
A few but not for long if they do
>>
>>35086
Whor does/did great. Most others don't.
>>
>>35798
>Not Avengers Disassembled
>>
Cultural Marxism does not belong in comic books.
>>
>>33865
we are not talking about movies, we talk about comics. Marvel could make 200billions with their movies and I will no give shit, I want good comics not money makers movies
>>
>>35143
>Monthly model is better because you can space out the wait with other books.

That still doesn't help too much, especially if you're really not that interested in picking up a bunch of different books.

I tried to get into comics back when DC did their whole New 52 thing, but monthly releases just felt too slow for me. You get like 5-10 minutes worth of content in one issue, and then you're stuck waiting a month to figure out what happens next. I made it to Issue #3 on a few books, but by that point I had stopped caring.
>>
File: IMG_1261.jpg (78KB, 1200x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1261.jpg
78KB, 1200x648px
>>33655
>>34281
>implying people want to acknowledge complex problems
>not choosing one simple enemy to blame everything on
You guys new or something?
>>
File: 1402891689421.gif (929KB, 235x157px) Image search: [Google]
1402891689421.gif
929KB, 235x157px
>>35547
The problem with this is that even if you want to read a comic for the current adventure, the "full story" always always always gets in the way.

Pick up the first 10 comics of "Bumblefuck Adventures" and I can guarantee that whatever plot thread you're following is going to go off the rails so much that by the time you get to Bumblefuck Adventures #4 it's going to tell you to read "Fucknut League #245" to get any sort of plot resolution, while Bumblefuck Adventures #5 ends up being about a completely different story that has history in "Assmasters #59-73" that you have to read first so you understand what's happening

Comics were a mistake.
>>
>>36643
There are plenty of pick up and read runs though. I did that with x-men and as dense and retard as x-men history is it didn't get in the way at all.

>comics were a mistake
Or maybe then just don't read capeshit or become less autistic
>>
>>35653
>Marvel turned Daredevil into an edgy atheist
For fucks sake marvel.
>>
>>34519
the difference between DC's legacies vs marvel's legacies are that much of DC's can stand out as their own characters while most of marvel's can't and the ones marvel has that do they ultimately misuse & completely piss away

>Or how about the several people that have been called Captain Marvel or Spider-woman?

as far as the current ones go carol is only relevant because marvel is pushing her to be their wonder woman & nobody cares about spider-woman outside of spider-gwen and are people really gonna remember her in 5-10 years?
>>
>>36795
which X-men run did you read?
>>
>>36944
We've been over this /cock/mongers.
What does whor do Valkyrie didn't do better? What does gayiceman do wiccan or northstar hasn't done better? What does being the hulk improve upon Amadeus Cho as a character? Why kill war machine instead of having him inherit iron man? Where the fuck is Black Panther? Oh yeah being based.
It was never about diversity, It was about trying to score tumblr bucks from people who don't pay for comics.
>>
>>33865
Marvel Studios is winning most of the time.

Marvel Entertainment is constantly fucking up.
>>
>>34697
>this character has autism/social anxiety/InfJ personality type so her characterization is flat as a pane of glass
This is what millennials actually believe.
>>
Is it possible for Marvel to sell off Marvel Entertainment while keeping Marvel Studios?

They're separate entities owned by the same parent now, aren't they?
>>
>>34483
Considering all the shit ESPN got up to before their corporate overlords stepped in, I'd say we still have a few years before that happens
>>
>>36944
>the difference between DC's legacies vs marvel's legacies are that much of DC's can stand out as their own characters while most of marvel's can't and the ones marvel has that do they ultimately misuse & completely piss away
That's all a bit presumptuous at this point. There are plenty of reasons to not be into a character but you can't paint broad strokes and say that you dislike all of these character now because they might be worthless in the future.
>>
>>37352
>Considering all the shit ESPN got up to before their corporate overlords stepped
what happened?
>>
they're smart enough to realize they need to placate the whiny twitter/tumblr mouthbreathers in order to keep their attacks off the cash that is the MCU

however they're too stupid not to deflect without putting their damn foot in their mouth and blaming everything on those filthy gamergaters.
what? you don't care about that but you asked why Foster calls herself Thor? you're at LEAST an honorary gamergater then.
>>
>>37311
Can you tell me specific reasons using examples from the comics why you believe [X] is a flat character?
>>
>>36643
This really isn't true of anything other than Marvel unless you're the kind of autist who obsesses over reading everything and knowing the entire canon.
>>
>>34228
shouldn't being pissed at that shit ENCOURAGE escapist hobbies like comics?
>>
>>37012
I started with Morisson. There were references to past stories but nothing that made reading them necessary.
>>
>>37377
They forgot how to balance a budget. It's seriously the only logical explanation for their financial state.

The serious answer is that ESPN decided to start spending more money on programing at the same time the fewer and fewer people are posting for cable
>>
>>37632
really, why watch talking heads discuss fifteen seconds of NBA highlights when there are like ten youtube channels rushing to show me the full game's highlights spliced together within a couple hours of the game?
>>
>>37456
I was reading Guy Gardener: Warrior a while back and part of the current storyline gets shunted to the Hawkman book for one issue. Like if the story was a script and someone copy and pasted a chunk of it and placed it in another book for some reason. Don't pretend it's only a Marvel problem.
>>
>>37749
There are charismatic people on espn worth listening to but not enough to fill 24 hours of air time. I can get the full rundown in 30mins from PTI.
And the corporate suits figured out they could make more money cramming PTI in between two sitcoms.
Im surprised espn hasn't been called out sooner.
>>
>>33212
I knew they were full of shit.
>>
>>37916
wait there are sitcoms in espn now? is it mtv tier?
>>
>>37887
Crossovers provide a temporary boost in sales to lower-selling titles, that's why they happen.
>>
>>33212
Anybody else get the impression there's some turmoil at Marvel editorial?
>>
>>38314
There better be.
>>
>>38314
Considering 'ol Ike works for trump and the recent comic output of Marvel? Yes.
>>
>>33212
>Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Moon Girl, continue to prove that our fans and retailers ARE excited about these new heroes.
If he had just said Miles and The Mighty Thor it would have been fine (since both those books actually sells). But Spider-Gwen books is dead. Even Miles couldn't save her. The rest are no near selling as well as the white A-listers (Kampala herself has been hit bad and isn't even the top 100 comics anymore).
>>
>>38314
Totally.
>>
>>33212
>Moon Girl
somebody post the pics
>>
When will Marvel realize we don't take care about their donut steel ocs?
>>
>>38554

The ones that fill me with guilt but I still click on anyways?
>>
>>38412
To be fair, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen do well in trades.

And to be even fairer, only "No Normal" does well in trades. Other Ms. Marvel volumes aren't that hot. It is like many people buy the first volume, didn't really like it and don't return to buy the second.
>>
I miss Annihilation.
>>
>>38835
Don't worry, Annihilation 2.0 is on its way soon! Or if you can't wait, there's the invasion in Secret Empire with TRILLIONS OF CHITAURI! WHEEE
>>
>>33212
>Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Moon Girl
>sticking factor and popularity
Are any of these characters selling? I know Kamala and Jane both sell decent.
>>
>>38412
Kamala's sales on the monthly charts were always low, though. The reason she's a big deal is because she sells really well in collected trades and in digital. She appeals to a different market than most of Marvel's other stuff.

The problem has been getting that same group to read other similar titles. All the events are driving those people away. They want to read about specific characters, and not have those stories interrupted by eight months of event tie-ins (followed by cancellation and maybe a relaunch.)
>>
>>39001
>Kamala's sales on the monthly charts were always low, though.
They were great-to-decent until Civil War 2.
>>
>>33212

I was hoping yesterday that they would double down on their idiotic strategy and looks like I got my wish.

Their market share is going to continue to fall and it's beautiful.
>>
>It's DC's fault for help retailers with returnability
>it's customers fault because they want cheaper books
>it's creators fault because they won't work for us
>it's Trump's fault because he got elected
>it's peoples fault that they don't want all replacement characters
>it's customers fault for buying #1's
Literally the only bit of responsibly Marvel actually took for their current state is saying
>we didn't have enough events during other events
everything else is someone elses fault.
>>
>>38914
Miles still sells pretty well. Moon Girl has a cult following that buys up the trades, which is why Marvel keeps her in print. Monthly sales are weak but they're worth it for the eventual collection sales, especially since trades are more profitable. Same story with Squirrel Girl.

Spider-Gwen is pretty much dying off, though. Too much too soon. Ironically Gwenpool is more popular than the thing she's parodying now.
>>
File: 1491004762072.jpg (73KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491004762072.jpg
73KB, 394x500px
>>33212
Why can't Marvel just say "we were wrong."? I'm not asking for their termination (even if it might be the only resolution to this) or their heads on pikes. Would it kill Marvel to just say "We bet on the wrong horse & are sorry." Just say sorry god damn it!
>>
>>38612
these? I have read european comics with real content like this, not cheap edits, all the time and its not a big deal
>>
>>39151

No, they're using business class gimmicks to try and hold onto their once commanding market lead and it's hilarious watching them getting hung up on their own petard.

You cannot serve two masters and they're learning this right now.
>>
>>38877
I kinda thought the Chitari plot for Secret Empire was Annihilation 2.
>>
>>35496
Marvel's trades are too expensive. We had a thread on this a day or two back, where Marvel said their trades were expensive because if they made them cheap people would buy more trades and not floppies

So because Marvels floppies are expensive, their trades have to be expensive too to discourage people waiting for trades.
>>
>>35653
Bullshit

They didn't seriously make him atheist did they?
>>
>>33865
Here's your (You)
>>
File: giogio.jpg (260KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
giogio.jpg
260KB, 570x558px
>>35653
>edgy atheist
>daredevil
>>
>Spencer is losing his shit again on twitter
I love it.
>>
>>39001
>she sells really well in collected trades and in digital

Let's drop this bullshit, shall we?

Ms. Marvel doesn't sell really well digitally. She is an average seller.
>>
>>39489
He's right that "just do good books" doesn't necessarily result in good sales. Marvel should still do good books anyway.
>>
>>38914
Kamala has tanked since Secret Wars. Miles and Jane still do decently. Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl have never sold well
>>
>>39552
we're not asking for gold here, but certaintly something will be better than Transnigger Cap
>>
>>39489
>>39552
The bizarre thing is that his rants seem to be half bullshit but then there are just fragments of solid logic in there.
>>
>>33212
Ms. Marvel is great, but everything else in that list is utter trash. Jane Thor is the worst, but Squirrel Girl and anything with Carol Danvers in it is trash. I hope they continue to fail.
>>
>>33212
Hold up, now they're saying what they've been doing wasn't a mistake now just after making a post saying on the contrary?
>>
>>35829

>decide to check it out

>legitimately knows how to have some harmless fun better than Marvel does

This is a weird feeling.
>>
>>34097
Marvel comics is barely a blip on disney's radar.

The comics are for keeping rights for things that could become shows, video games, and movies.
>>
>>39489
>Nick Spencer months ago
"Marvel's numbers have proven that they do the best stories of the industry and Rebirth loses numbers every month, therefore it was a failure".

>Nick Spencer now
"Good numbers have nothing to do with the quality of the stories and a book losing readership every month is completely natural".

The guy is full of shit.

He can't even blame diversity, since Humphries Green Lanterns, a book led by a latin woman and a muslim man, is outselling both his straight white male Captain America and his black man Captain America.
>>
>>39103

Spider-Gwen's writing and art has also been legitimately bad for a while, now. I don't know why they chose this route.
>>
>>39151

It took DC a long time to acknowledge things weren't working. We'll see how long it takes them.
>>
>>39887
>I don't know why they chose this route.
Because spider-gwen is -relatively- very popular among people who don't read comics. It IS a good looking outfit and interest is fuelled by cosplay and fan-art.
>>
>>39887

This. The quality is just not good.

I wouldn't even mind the Gwen/Miles ship-tease(which turned out to be nothing), if it was properly developed.
>>
>>39965
This seems like it's been going on longer with Marvel than DCYou with no signs of stopping. It looks like they'd rather sink than to admit they fucked up all because they wanted to look woke.
>>
>>34272
is this an edit? if not whats the original?
>>
>>39648
Yeah. Same with his comics writing.
>>
>>40082
>It looks like they'd rather sink than to admit they fucked up all because they wanted to look woke

The problem is that if they go back but fail because they have shit writers and shit editors, there will be no one left to blame and would have to accept that they NEED to clean house.
>>
>>38612
>The ones that fill me with guilt but I still click on anyways?
why does it fills you with guilt? so what if it is a book for little girls, if you like it, you like it... stop being such a faggot...
>>
>>33212
>RELATED: Marvel to Advertise Comics in Movie Theaters and on Television

They think the normies they try to appeal to will buy comics. cute.
>>
>>40317
he means the edits where they have moon girl in skimpy lingerie
>>
>>34097
Disney literally just wants the IP to shill movies. They could give an atom of a fuck what Marvel comics does as long as they have the IPs to adapt flicks with.

They only serve the mouse to shill Star Wars comics, which hilarious sells more than their in-house originals.
>>
>>40349
>have moon girl in skimpy lingerie
oh, okay... is this (>>39164) it? cause I thought that was just a swimsuit...
>>
File: moon girl riri.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl riri.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>40349
those are fine, to be honest most kinds in cartoons and comic books barely resemble, talk and or sound like real kids

For example Toph in Avatar is 8 and she doesn't look much different than Korra's mom despite her being a 20, 30 something

one could also argue that she is wearing clothes that fall on the ''change the colors and she is nude'' category to begin with
>>
>>40491
>They only serve the mouse to shill Star Wars comics, which hilarious sells more than their in-house originals.
That's a two-way street considering Marvel's Star Wars comics sell significantly more than Dark Horse's did. And you can't give all the credit to the movies considering Dark Horse was publishing Star Wars books back when the prequels were being released.
>>
>>39103
>Moon Girl has a cult following that buys up the trades

Pedo fans count?
>>
>>40550
thats one of them, others are a bit more obvious, such as a babydoll.
>>
>>40573
Toph wasn't 8.
>>
>>40608
I buy them for my kid. She likes dinosaurs
>>
>>37916
Isn't PTI the last part of Happy hour.
>>
>>40608
technically they are a cult and use excuses like their kid or nephew likes it
>>
File: really makes drax think.jpg (130KB, 671x900px) Image search: [Google]
really makes drax think.jpg
130KB, 671x900px
>>33212
>Backpedalling so fast you'd win the reverse Tour de France

Did not see this coming.
>>
>>40662
>Toph wasn't 8.
10, 12 even 14, the argument still stands

>>40663

What do you(her) think about Moon Girl as a character?
>>
>>40577
I don't think you can really make that comparison. Marketing and distribution are completely different than they were in 2005.
>>
>>39164
is she...twerking on that dinosaur?
>>
>>40732
For floppies?
>>
>>40719
Have you not seen 14 year-olds who look like adults?
>>
>>40663
Why are you subjecting your daughter's future husband to SJW propaganda?
>>
>>39103
>>40608
>Moon Girl has a cult following that buys up the trades
I'd say children via scholastic deal but cult following works too I guess
>>
>>40748
The marketing is different, yes. Disney spends way more getting people to read comics than Lucas did.
>>
File: moongirlcover.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moongirlcover.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>40684
>>40608
once has to look at a pic like this and wonder ''did the person drawing this gaver has nice legs and ass or is it just me being a sicko?''
>>
File: 080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg (32KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg
32KB, 320x240px
>>34483
>implying that it's not disney that's forcing out characters that marvel doesn't have the movie rights for

Marvel is dumb but they're not dumb enough to put their best characters in limbo because of it. Fuck there's no F4 and that was selling better than most of the crap they keep trying to push on people. They've done movie synergy by adding or replacing characters, not killing off a vital source of income for their brand.
>>
>>40841
also this, HUGE ass and this is not an edit

isn't she like 10?
>>
>>40847
Ike is extremely petty and cheap.
>>
>>39103
miles is pretty good, so good in fact that they are making Spider man homecoming based on him but decided to call the protagonist peter parker to appease us old fags...
>>
>>40759
>Have you not seen 14 year-olds who look like adults?

The ones that do usually look like really young adults.

While Toph's face is not too dfferent from a female adult's face
>>
File: The Ghost Who Doesn't Walk.png (256KB, 967x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Ghost Who Doesn't Walk.png
256KB, 967x1080px
>>40663
>>40684
perfect

>>40719
Okay I guess. The screeching on /co/ when Marvel announced she was "smartest in universe" was more annoying than the comic itself, but I also didn't like MG enough that I would buy or even read storytimes.

Both her and the comic are pretty mediocre and forgettable. Not good enough to be good, not bad enough to enjoy hating.

Dunno what the kid thinks about her, she just says she likes her. Ain't getting into a deep discussion about characterization with a ten-year-old

>>40761
Hey man, we're all just trying to ruin everything for the next generation, like the generation before us.
>>
>>39887
It was cheaper than caring
>>
>>40847
Weren't they phasing out F4 before the merger?
>>
File: 1408243870476.png (210KB, 354x410px) Image search: [Google]
1408243870476.png
210KB, 354x410px
>>34911
>looks like we got the budokai tenkaichi to defeat the evil monster magmanimus
>but hiro! what about kasumi-chan? isn't she infused with the dreaded [PAIN OF A THOUSAND ELIXIRS]?
>HOHOHO IF IT ISN'T THE TRASH TRYING TO SAVE THE DAY
>who the fuck is that?

Man even people who follow manga don't know what the fuck is going on after a while. There's so many random characters and shit introduced. At least with comics you get some context or recap. It's just that people need to actually try reading a comic or thinking that it's hard to get into.

>aw man this is issue #45 of a comic!
>i'm just going to pick up One Bleach #2453!
>>
>>40847
That isn't Disney, that's Perlmutter.

Perlmutter wanted to remove the Fantastic Four and replace the X-Men with Inhumans because of movies. When he was removed from the movies, Marvel announced RessurXtion and that the FF would return later.

Disney has been pretty hands-off, excepting maybe Star Wars shit
>>
>Make your Tumblr audience who has proven not to pay money for your products angry.

>Get scared and backtrack, saying it was all those evil misogynists all along who are to be blamed and the new SJW heroes are here to stay.

>At the same time they're going to push the SJW shit aside and promote classic heroes anyway.

Its like sites like ComicsAlliance are actively trying to stifle any real talk about the financial situation of Marvel. Its a fact Tumblr doesn't buy comics so its stupid to even care what they think about policy changes. They were the targeted demographic for few years and as a result Marvel failed so incredibly bad that it has had historically low sales. Tumblr likes to make a lot of noise on the internet but never puts money where their mouths are.
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (117KB, 200x178px) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
117KB, 200x178px
>>40744
>>
>>41060
>Its like sites like ComicsAlliance are actively trying to stifle any real talk about the financial situation of Marvel.
Comics Alliance is closing, m8. That's a battle that was won.
>>
>>40963
>Hey man, we're all just trying to ruin everything for the next generation, like the generation before us
the last generation did a much better job than we are doing... I just hope we get better at this...
>>
>>41092

Too close for the April's Fools Day. Everyone wishes that site will go down, perfect opportunity to fool them and falsely raise their hopes up.
>>
>>41194
They may have ruined the housing market and tertiary education, but they didn't manage to make more genders than Baskin Robbins has flavours.
>>
>>39318
The last a heard of this was a comic by Waid where Matt was sitting on a bench near a church. The priest came over and asked if he's coming inside this week and Matt responds something like "LOL, no."

I stopped reading so it may have gotten worse, Waid definitely hinted he was an atheist.
>>
>>41365
God dammit waid
>>
File: moon girl.jpg (584KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl.jpg
584KB, 1988x3056px
>>40963
>Both her and the comic are pretty mediocre and forgettable.
I can't forget them thighs
>>
>>34783
It has since become one yes.
>>
>>39965
>It took DC a long time to acknowledge things weren't working.
It took DC a bit over half of a year after moving cross country to California and going more indy style with DCYou to say "Sorry guys. We kind of lost our way. But we're going to make it up to you." People have been bitching about Marvel for roughly the same time now and the best they can come up with is "Our shitlord readers won't buy our diversity books. It's also really fucked DC's put it on themselves to actually make sellable books by offering returnability instead of stranding out retailers like usual. I guess we'll bring back the characters people like, but we'll stick them with the ones they don't in Generations."
>>
>>41501
blond mohawk kid showing his boner
>>
>>41365

Even if he was, Daredevil would be the kind of guy who would join the sermon anyway if he was asked to. What is it with writers wanting to make superheroes into obnoxious assholes? Is it because most of them live in San Fransisco where everyone is a pompous, obnoxious holier-than-thou hipster asshole? That must be it.
>>
File: DCslowestpoint.jpg (66KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
DCslowestpoint.jpg
66KB, 600x461px
>>41532

DC's Tumblr-phase happened few years back, way before Marvel doubled down on it. They also grew out of it much faster.
>>
>>33212
Nothing is going to change until Alonso is out, what marvel desperately needs now is a complete reshuffling of it's editorial. They need to clean house.
>>
>>41643
That was a webcomic and DC still publishes tumblr stuff, it's just few and far between.
>>
>>41855
That wasn't a webcomic anon

Sensation Comics ft Wonder Woman
>>
>>42020
Yeah, a digital first.
>>
>>41855
>DC still publishes tumblr stuff, it's just few and far between.
Probably because DC actually publishes different kinds of material for different tastes - with traditional cape in main DC, fringe material in Young Animal, militaristic material in Wildstorm, Hanna Barbera, etc. Marvel's entirely cape, but with a large segment twisting into webcomic/tumblr tier territory.
>>
>>41855
>DC still publishes tumblr stuff

Like what?

The point of the tumblr hate is not hating on representation and all that shit, is hating when they are annoying about it, ruin stories and characters because of it and that we end up getting terrible books because of that.

DC does their ''tumblr'' push with books like Midnighter and Apollo, Batwoman, DC Bombshells, super hero girls, etc and a lot of that shit is actually really good
>>
>>41024
>Man even people who follow manga don't know what the fuck is going on after a while.

Not everyone is as retarded as you are.
>>
>>41024
>Man even people who follow manga don't know what the fuck is going on after a while.

Only if you skipped a huge portion of the story and jump in to whatever is currently going in the story. In manga, you only need to follow one series and that's it.

In superhero comics, you need to follow huge catalog of crossovers, events, team-up books, spin-offs, reboots, relaunches, etc.

Manga is just linear and self-contained. Even when a series have too many volumes, you can still tell that you just need to start at volume 1 and continue from there according to the volume numbers.
>>
>>42219
>Not everyone is as retarded as you are.
most long running mangas have no reason to be that long.

The weekly format ends up creating SLOWER stories and more often than not really mediocre ones.
One piece its a great book 40% of it its just filler thanks to the (one)piece of shit weekly format
>>
>>33212
YASS QUEEN
>>
>>42213
>Dc Bombshells
>good

Also it's literally the most sjw title out there.

Race changing everybody, every woman is a lesbian, they go on feminist rants constantly, and there's a trump parody
>>
>>42405
It's a digital first series made from a line of female pinups and intended to have an almost entirely female protagonist cast. There's nothing wrong with any of that considering it's what the title is supposed to be about.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeee.png (214KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeee.png
214KB, 500x323px
>>42657
>Barda hooks up with Dr. Light
This is terrible.
>>
>>42657
>it's okay when ______ does it
fuck off
>>
>>41024
>There's so many random characters and shit introduced.
Within the story itself. Not from some outside books.
>At least with comics you get some context or recap
Volume version of some manga have them. Usually in the characters introduction page.

Comics recap were never specific enough to explain characters who debuted in other books or events that were referenced that apparently everyone in the book knows of.

>>aw man this is issue #45 of a comic!
Which you need gazillions of issues from other books, even the ones about other heroes to know half the contents and the characters inside.
>>i'm just going to pick up One Bleach #2453!
Pick prior issues of the same series. Easy.
>>
>>42213
>DC does their ''tumblr'' push with books like Midnighter and Apollo, Batwoman, DC Bombshells, super hero girls, etc and a lot of that shit is actually really good
>dc bombshells
>that shit is actually really good

Harley/Ivy fag detected.
No other reason to like that horrid book.
>>
>>42764
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>42291

>In superhero comics, you need to follow huge catalog of crossovers, events, team-up books, spin-offs, reboots, relaunches

No. People just need to follow comics written/drawn by artists they like. Given a new team follows a different style from the previous one, it's much better than being obsessed in learning all of the lore of one superhero or title, and most of the time it's not worth because you are going to find a lot of filler and unecessary crap.

And that only applies to DC and Marvel's properties anyway. Companies like Image and IDW publish books that self-contained.
>>
>>43088
A terrible pairing because Bennett has shit taste or seems to just throw darts at names.

Vixen/Hawkgirl being another one of her monstrosities.
>>
>>42789
more like its ok when they push their tumblr crap to be just minor books that don't even have physical copies

Unlike Marvel, doing their tumblr push with their MAIN line of books.

Like that Carol Danvers push, I can't even begin to think what was going throught their minds during the past year
>>
File: 1465856381450.jpg (40KB, 540x628px) Image search: [Google]
1465856381450.jpg
40KB, 540x628px
>>33212
/cock/, I'm from /ck/.

Can I get a quick run down?
>>
File: capeshit.jpg (81KB, 480x738px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
81KB, 480x738px
With stories like pic-related? How could Marvel possibly fail?

>>42932
This. DC might've improved a smidgen, but at the end of the day, its still capeshit.
>>
>>43330
>I can't even begin to think what was going throught their minds during the past year

Carol Danvers, that's who.
>>
>>43436
>image is clearly marked with Valiant
>Marvel
I know you said "like" but Marvel never actually shilled for Hillary. Even Ms. Marvel went for a Jill Stein expy. They did publish a ton of books with Trump jokes though.
>>
>>43436

What about indieshit like Bitch Planet and pic related?
>>
>>40847
You idiot, Marvel did that on its own. Hell the writers steal shit from movies with or without the mouse's consent. Why? Because they're that creatively bankrupt. So yeah, its time for some restructuring and pink slips
>>
>>43339
>Marvel panders to tumblr
>Tumblr got happy and reblogs every Marvel thing
>What tumblr doesn't do is BUY said comics.
>Marvel backtracks but doesn't want to blame themselves, blame readers and DC instead.
>>
http://gwillowwilson.com/post/159094504658/so-about-that-whole-thing

>>STUFF THAT IS ENTIRELY AVOIDABLE:

>>1. This is a personal opinion, but IMO launching a legacy character by killing off or humiliating the original character sets the legacy character up for failure. Who wants a legacy if the legacy is shitty?

>>2. Diversity as a form of performative guilt doesn’t work. Let’s scrap the word diversity entirely and replace it with authenticity and realism. This is not a new world. This is *the world.*

>>3. Never try to be the next whoever. Be the first and only you. People smell BS a mile away.

Holy fuck, G.Willow is even calling Marvel out on their bullshit tactics!
>>
>>42932
Well apollo and midnighter was great. Honestly lesbisn books could just be wordless panels conveying a story and it'd get a pass.

Also, fuck marvel. I will continue to tell my friends never to read it until they remove the O5. No mavel no one wants the fucking O5 back. Thats why your flagship series has completely tanked.
>>
File: srsly.jpg (143KB, 1025x1025px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
143KB, 1025x1025px
>>41643
I'd forgotten about that.
>>
File: 1488613038419.jpg (216KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488613038419.jpg
216KB, 889x500px
>>43574

Thanks
>>
>>43579
>. This is a personal opinion, but IMO launching a legacy character by killing off or humiliating the original character sets the legacy character up for failure. Who wants a legacy if the legacy is shitty

Holy shit that is a direct call out. I wonder if she's getting the boot, because Ms. Marvel is already under the old cancellation threshold
>>
>>43694
I would be mad too. Kamala was pretty decent until CW2 and Waid.
>>
>>40744
>twerking
now that you mention it, it seems about right
>>
>>40841
>>40884
Looks like a child to me. Anon, you sound like those pedos who blame the kid for being a tease.
>>
>>43579
Well said. Legacy characters are fine if handled well, but lets face it, Marvel only does it because of well known brand names. Id rather read about a hero trying to do their own thing, rather than another cookie cutter knockoff claiming to be the all new all different version of the same horseshit we already had
>>
>>43814
i thought she was presenting herself to the dinosaur because she was in heat
>>
>>43694
What about Blue Beetle (Ted Kord was killed by Maxwell Lord) or the Ryan Choi Atom (Ray Palmer went MIA after Jean Loring killed Sue Dibney)?
>>
>>43944
>implying it's not okay when DC does it

Though really people hated Jaime for a bit and nobody cared about Ray in the first place.
>>
>>43893
Id actually read a story about a popular hero dying and then a lot of legacy characters for that guy showing up fighting to the death for his legacy
>>
>>43988
You mean like Superman?
>>
>>43944
The difference is that they weren't killed off just to promote a legacy character. The legacy character happened completely after the characters were out of the spotlight.
>>
>>43758
What killed Kamala was crossovers and pushing her so hard. Marvel desperately wants new characters for readers to latch on to, but the truth is popular characters arent made overnight, much less than 2-3 years. Kamala, like most new characters, need several solo arcs so they can stand on their own. But Marvel is impatient, so now Kamala is this Avenger level hero forgetting the fact that we liked her because she was a street level rookie defending Jersey. Like honestly, how fucking stupid is it that Nova, Kamala, and Miles are Avengers (or were)? You would think after the first Civil War, The Avengers would be REALLY fucking picky on who represents the organization
>>
>>34281
Anon. Are you saying that 100 years of copyright protection is FUCKING LUDICROUS and almost no copyright, regardless of how big it is, can remain fresh and popular for the entire time span a company is allowed to hold it in a death grip?

Because that's stupid and Mickey Mouse is about to expire again soon. We need another copyright extension and I want to see more pictures of Spiderman on my fucking desk.
>>
>>43982
And nobody caring was the point really, since during that time DC just replaced the B/C listers like Blue Beetle, Atom, Question, Firestorm, Azrael, etc and left the A listers alone, which is literally the opposite of what marvel is doing now (replacing the A listers and leaving the B/C listers as is).
>>
>>43944
People were pissed when Ted died and Jamie appeared later. They were also pissed when Ryan was killed for simple shock value
>>
>>44016
yes but with more heroes think of superman meets wwe royal rumble
>>
>>43944
Jaime Reyes wasn't well received at first. but Didio, this great man, allowed his book to survive the rough start and he ended up building a fanbase.
>>
File: capeshit.png (493KB, 558x395px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.png
493KB, 558x395px
>>43519
Sorry, wrong pic. I had two pics labeled capeshit.
>>
>>44044
>Disney is going to get that extension into infinity
This is disgusting.
>>
File: Joker hm.jpg (248KB, 747x700px) Image search: [Google]
Joker hm.jpg
248KB, 747x700px
>>44148
I hate Disney... I hate them so much... I cant even find a reaction pic capable of expressing my eternal hatred.
>>
>>44071
DC fucked up with the Question, considering that JLU sparked a lot of interest in the character after its Rorschach-lite take.
>>
>>43579
>2. I will tell you exactly why Ms Marvel works: it didn’t set out to be Ms Marvel. We were originally going to pitch it as a 10 issue limited series. I had a 3 issue exit strategy because I assumed we were going to get canned. There was no “diversity initiative” anywhere–getting that thing made at all was a struggle. It was a given that any character without AT LEAST a 20-year history would tank. Everybody, myself included, assumed this series was going to work out the same way.

>3. That freed us–by “us” I mean the whole creative team–to tell exactly the story we wanted to tell. We had nothing to lose, nothing to overcome but low expectations. That gave us room to break a lot of rules.

Willow is trying to gaslight the world here.

Kamala became a success WAY before her first issue was published. The Mouse PR did a really great job.
>>
>>44223
But they just couldn't leave well enough alone could they? A potentially popular character that would've attracted a whole bunch of fans from the DCAU and they just took a big stinking dump on it because why the fuck not!
>>
>>44204
Im with you i unironically hate copyright law
fuck copyright let everyone have a turn
>>
>>44227
>Kamala became a success WAY before her first issue was published. The Mouse PR did a really great job.

While true, the book has lasted a lot longer than other books with the same tactic. Like A-Force.
>>
>>44310
With Disney's bullshit, I doubt they'll want anyone to have a turn until they bleed that sucker dry.
>>
>>44310
Well the majority of IP doesn't and would never need 100 years of protection. You remember CatDog? Sure, we all do. But are you going to pass that shit along to your kids?

Fuck no. Your kids won't know about CatDog. CatDog will die with our generation because it's illegal to do anything with it or redistribute it until everyone who knew about it is gone.

There are a scant handful of heroes we all know who our kids will also know. For all ten or twenty of those fuckers, we've locked off absolutely everything else.
>>
>>44040
>but the truth is popular characters arent made overnight,
Worked for Guardians of the Galaxy...
>>
>>44227
Gives it a running start, but the book continued on it's own merit

You are definitely correct that Willow completely ignored that significant factor though
>>
>>44413
>>44451
not only disney I want everything not copyrighted whether youre a huge multibillion company or just someone starting out
I dont believe in someone owning ideas
>>
>>43944
I remember a lot of anger at Kord's death, and Jaime's later replacement. People came to like Jaime because his book was just really good.
>>
>>44494
Then multibillion companies would just flat out steal ideas from people.

I personally think that copyright only needs to be long enough to encourage actual creativity, instead of sitting on the same seventy year-old superhero, making him gay, or a woman, or black, or a muslim, or a clone, or part of a secret society, or actually his own worst nemesis, or any of the other insane things the comic industry has been doing to try to keep people barely interested in their heroes.

Imagine if those companies had to take a risk on new IP. Imagine if they had to make new characters and then treat them seriously more than once a century.
>>
>>44478
We're talking books, not the fucking movies that brought in meme loving morons and series Bendis phoned in
>>
>>34697
Please stop with this. Riri is not a character, or at least not the character who Bendis wants to make her. The 'flaws' that she has are all external, not internal. Others cause her problems not her. People who she disagrees with or has problems with don't understand her or are idiots.

Let's take Eliot from Mr Robot as a nice example of the smart loner done right. Although Mr Robot and fsociety is a huge source of his problems, Eliot himself is not blameless. He fucks people over, has a negative attitude about the world, has a drug addiction, is protective to the point of stalking friends and family and lies to everyone, even himself.

See, flaws are not external problems that characters have. They are internal issues and biases that a character has, ones which consitantly occur because of their mindset, something that they can't always overcome. Riri ultimately has no issues that have been caused by her.

In the narrative, she is completely blameless of the issues in her life. The death of her family and friends wasn't caused by her, they were caused by others and her lack of socialising is an informed trait as she seems to have no problems talking to others she just met.
>>
>>44655
>Then multibillion companies would just flat out steal ideas from people.
Like Disney?
>>
>>44040
>But Marvel is impatient, so now Kamala is this Avenger level hero forgetting the fact that we liked her because she was a street level rookie defending Jersey. Like honestly, how fucking stupid is it that Nova, Kamala, and Miles are Avengers (or were)?

This is kind of a point I used to argue that Marvel really has no "moments" left to do. Kamala's goal was becoming an Avenger, and they could have stretched that for years. But then like, a year and a half in her creation, FCBD issue shows her on the Avengers, and in another year, she now hates Carol and quit the Avengers, and now there really are no goals left for Kamala. If anything, she'll be passed off for the girlfriend of various other characters cause there is no drive anymore.

And this isn't just Kamala. This is all of Marvel. Like, look at the X-Men. Cyclops, Xavier and Wolverine are dead, but we have a younger Cyclops in the present as well as an older Wolverine. Spider-Man went into this massive Spider-Verse event and now everything after that feels so...basic. Like the gas in Spider-Man's engine is puttering. I would not be surprised if they announce a new Avengers lineup after Secret Empire that includes Spider-Gwen and Moon Girl on the team.

There's just nothing left for Marvel to build towards anymore because story stopped mattering. When all you need for a joke is just Deadpool to show up, then soul of character no longer matters. It's almost like all of Marvel is just waiting for the MCU to dictate their next moves. The GOTG franchise just apes the movie with nothing new to add. Thanos has been used so much, I'm bored of him already, and those films are still coming out next year.

Long story short, if you paint a picture with different colors, it's interesting. But if you blend all your paints together, you get an mucky black color. That's what happened to Marvel. Instead of being a tapestry, it became a rotten stew.
>>
>>44451
This. Copyright laws were a mistake and countless media is now falling into obscurity and dying off. We can't even keep creator legacies alive via torrents anymore. Fuck copyrights.
>>
>>44655
so what we can steal them right back thats the beauty of it
>>
>>44655
Countless classic fairy tales which Disney now seemingly owns and makes millions off of while taking credit and the blind masses assume them to be their original ideas. Bastards deserve the rope.
>>
>>44703
If Bendis gave Riri flaws, people would call him problematic.

I really hate that Marvel mistakes "Smart = Personality". Moon Girl and Riri might be the smartest people in the MCU, but that's not an incentive for me to like them.
>>
>>44703
It's also telling how Bendis just uses these broad template stories and just switches out elements to fit square pegs in holes. Maria Hill no longer in charge of SHIELD? Let's have Sharon Carter fill that role! In fact, let's make Sharon Carter act exactly like Maria Hill!
>>
>>45149
I honestly don't think that they would. There is a difference between giving a character flaws and just being a shit writer.

I mean, the New X-Men all had flaws, but they seem to be everyone's favorite young superhero team if we exclude the New Mutants.
>>
>>43864
>you sound like those pedos who blame the kid for being a tease.

But you can't deny that she was drawnn with a huge ass in both pics, like you can easily avoid drawing her with a really tigh suit like Black Widow, but they didn't
>>
File: subversion4.jpg (4MB, 3884x7735px) Image search: [Google]
subversion4.jpg
4MB, 3884x7735px
Here's the truth /cock/.

Marvel's CEO, Isaac Perlmutter, is Jewish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter
>Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter (Hebrew: יצחק "אייק" פרלמוטר; December 1, 1942) is an Israeli-American businessperson and financier. He has been the CEO of Marvel Entertainment since January 1, 2005.[2][3][4] He was also the owner of Remington Products and Marvel Toys.

>Isaac Perlmutter was born to a Jewish family in pre-statehood Israel. He emigrated to the United States after serving in the Israeli Army during the Six-Day War of 1967. Arriving in New York City with only $250, he earned a living standing outside Jewish cemeteries in Brooklyn, leveraging his Hebrew skills to lead funeral services for tips.[5][6]

These people are using all sorts of media forms, from news, to film, to comic books, to video games, academia, books to push their cultural marxist agenda. While they love making profit, it's only secondary to using entertainment media for cultural subversion and destabilization.

It's similar to the way the last Ghostbusters film was directed and produced by Jews like Paul Feig, Ivan Reitman and Amy Pascal. It completely tanked at the box office, yet they're talking about making sequels.

http://comicbook.com/popculturenow/2017/03/24/ghostbusters-reboot-sequels-in-development/

This is why you're getting all these nonsensical political agendas, genderbent characters, characters made uglier for no reason, forced "diversity", race-swapped characters... Using familiar icons and characters to push it is preferable to them.

They won't stop until you let them rot, grow some balls, and stop caring about political correctness. Again, money is secondary to them, since they already have so goddamn much of it.
>>
>>45504
Id like to learn about it but i dont trust anything posted by people from /mlp/ by principle so no thanks
>>
>>45504
If I understand this correctly, SJWs hate Perlmutter and he even contributed to Trump's campaign. If he was apart of this, wouldn't he have done the Asian American Iron Fist?
>>
>>45504
>stop caring about political correctness.
I think we can all agree on that, which is why we should focus on trying to fuck with media pulling shit like this as much as possible. Like how vidya got fucked by the industry preferring to pander to feminists and normalfags while insulting and looking down on their longtime and loyal fans and customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc
>>
>>45504
What do they have to gain from this? What purpose does political correctness serve?
>>
>>45504
Get lost, ponniefucker.
>>
>>44223
Renee question was actually a pretty decent read, though.
>>
File: 1490182812002.png (329KB, 495x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1490182812002.png
329KB, 495x1389px
>>45702
Mass Effect Andromeda suffered a lot because of this.
>>
>>45652
Trump is a jew puppet
>>
>>45960
Lol, SJW shit is like number 15 on the list of shit wrong with ME:A.
>>
File: 1402629828453.png (63KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
1402629828453.png
63KB, 192x154px
>>33212
Wait, so that whole thing about them realising that the people who actually buy comics don't give a shit about diversity quotas was real? I thought that was an early april fool's
>>
>>46352
APRIL'S FOOL!

HAVE FIVE DIFFERENT MOSAIC SERIES, ANON!
>>
>>45294
>I mean, the New X-Men all had flaws, but they seem to be everyone's favorite young superhero team if we exclude the New Mutants.

You mean the team that was entirely there to promote X-23?
>>
>>46678
It wasn't. Even when kyle and yost were at their worst, she was still part of a larger group. Each of them were people. Unfortunately new writers are shitty so they just replaced them because they didn't become popular enough in marvels eyes.
>>
File: Feels superman.jpg (86KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
Feels superman.jpg
86KB, 564x410px
>>45960
Vid related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQu1yROUo4

Also nice pic. Saved.
>>
>>45960
Aloy suffers from new mocap design. it's too close to real. MEA is retarded on all levels.
>>
>>33212
Ha ha ha fuck D*sney.
>>
Look at what they do, not what they say.
>>
>>42213
Batgirl is the only tumblr shit book they're putting out at the moment. It's their containment book.
>>
>>47004
This. Although she played a big part in the run, X-23 was still part of an ensemble, one which grew and evolved as things changed.

In fact, Limbo arc and it's aftermath was pretty much my favorite comic part. Mainly because it focused on the rest of the team rather than Laura.

As for the shitty new writers, here's what I have to say. Aaron and Bendis are hacks. Aaron because he had the worst taste in X-Kids, Bendis because he wanted to make more characters who were 'the best ever'.

I hope to god though we get a Statix with Generation X where the entire team bar Nature Girl and Jubilee are killed.
>>
Who the fuck in Marvel is even pushing these SJW baits?
>>
>>35794

How is art inherently political?
>>
>When the Most creative person in Marvel is Joss Whedon.

And even then, we get shit like Agents of Shield in between movies.
>>
>>48220
Sana Amanat.

>>48504
Modern progressive politics is based on seeing the world as a material dialectic; in other words PURELY as a conflict between physical forces/groups, and therefore about power and therefore everything you do contributes to that power struggle somehow. Since art is not only "a thing you do" but is explicitly about "ideas" (something that doesn't REALLY exist in a materialists view, it's just your impulses and desires after all) so your ideas must be recontextualized within the power struggle.
>>
>>34228
Oh, I didn't even catch that was referencing the election. That's dumb.
>>
>>49502
>Sana Amanat

Just looking at her makes my skin crawl.
>>
>>34281
DC has branched out with stuff like Prez and the Hannah Barbera stuff and those sold/sell like shit despite above average quality. You can't expect them to try more new things when their customers clearly aren't interested.
>>
>>49502
>ideas must be recontextualized within the power struggle.

So that's why they forcefully push extreme SJW nonsense in every art industry there is? You can't only make a woman character but it must be a woman character that pusher their world view.

Sickos.
>>
>>49497
>AoS
>Shit

Have some fun with your serious, anon.
>>
>>47906
Somebody hasn't been reading black Cyborgs matter
>>
>>49502
>Sana Amanat

Wow, she's hot.
>>
> popularity for a majority of these new titles and characters like Squirrel Girl

...april fools?
>>
>>49908
Yeah, and that's why they're so self righteous about it. They really do think they're crusaders and that "if only you understood" you'd commit your life to the struggle, or jesus, or sparkle motion or whatever.

They then take the fact that people criticize them to mean that "we heard your message and we don't care" about whatever suffering the artist thinks they're fighting with that particular piece.

I kind of feel bad for them. It's the same kind of mindzap that a cult can put on you.

>>50325
>she's hot
And I'm sure she checks that privilege all the time......HA
>>
>>37749
The NBA's youtube channel even has their own talking heads show with people who started out as podcasters. The NBA website has had highlights since the early 2000s. ESPN is just so fucking far behind even by old crumudgeon standards it's hilarious.
>>
File: willow.jpg (689KB, 636x1729px) Image search: [Google]
willow.jpg
689KB, 636x1729px
>>50461
>the real lesson is the growth of a YA comic market
meant to post this earlier. These are going to be more trade and digital sales and I can't imagine that Squirrel Girl does WORSE in trade...in fact, given the fact that it's now one of the longest consistently running titles at Marvel (oh my god....) I bet it actually does pretty fucking good in TPB and digital.
>>
>>50470
It fucking IS a cult. Profs and student groups teach them to turn against their families and shit, all that's missing is for them to finally Jonestown themselves.
>>
>>50325
Katie Kubert looks better and she is one of Joe's grandkids.
>>
>>50667
>Jonestown
Angela Davis STILL GETS CAMPUS SPEAKING GIGS.
>>
>>34288
Was Riri's introduction even fucking necessary when we already touched on Tony Stark quitting once? Rhodey picking up the armor felt natural and eased into; we saw that Tony just couldn't cope; that he wasn't able to be Iron Man anymore and the mantle fell on a man he trusted - and who the readers were familiar with after almost a decade at playing his confidant.

And we know for a fact they're only keeping Tony in reserve because no way in Hell are they going to get rid of RDJ's cash-raking antics on-screen. It's a pointless change.

You want to have the nuts for it? Fine. Write an epic year-long Tony Stark solo that forces him permanently out of the picture - at the end of his rope as Iron Man and unable to EVER pick up the fucking mantle again; have him retire PERMANENTLY and act as a Yoda figure for the next generation of heroes. They won't do it; they don't have the nuts to.
>>
>>50646
>that image

They are retroactively rewriting history jesus.
>>
>>50101
Cyborgs had one little bit with the cops a few issues ago. Cyborgs actually been alot of Silver-Agey fun.
>>
>>50470

Humanity is fucked.
>>
File: Trump Pepe 2.png (292KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Trump Pepe 2.png
292KB, 640x640px
>>43436
So what happend to that comic after Trump won the election? Just they just ignore it or did the land whale bitch about it in the next issue?
>>
>>44494
This is a very bad idea.

Also, dumb.

Your idea is dumb, and so are you.
>>
>>50461
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 6,838 (2015)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 514 (Jan 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 428 (May 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 482 (July 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 567 (August 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 576 (September 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 389 (October 2016)
>(3,434 in general for 2016)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Squirrel Power 371 (January 2017)

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 2 Squirrel You Know Its Tru 3,199

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 3 Squirrel Really Got Me Now 2,340 (May 2016)

>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 4 I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It 2,387 (Nov 2016)
>>
>>44227

Naw man, from the man's own mouth she and Alphona made a comic the way Kirby said to. Make something new. It may not be a rockstar seller, but it's earned its place on merit.
>>
>>45007
>Copyright laws were a mistake

No. Endlessly extending copyright at the behest of multi-billion-dollar companies was the mistake; if copyright was rolled back to, say, one term of twenty years and one or two renewals of ten or fifteen years (for individuals), and maybe 20 years period for a company/corp, that would fix most if not all of the problems. The person who comes up with the idea deserves a period of exclusivity to milk it before anyone else gets a shot at it.

Why would anyone create anything new, if anyone could just take it from them?
>>
>>45084
>Countless classic fairy tales

Can be used by anyone for anything; you just can't use Disney's specific trademarked and/or copyrighted versions (and even then, Fair Use has a few things to say about tat).
>>
>>45149
Characters, even protags, don't have to be likeable. I personally like it better sometimes when they're unlikable.
>>
>>51565
I recall the writer of the comic threw a bitchfit on twitter.
>>
>thinking anyone but smelly barely-white nerds read capeshit
>tries to push for more trans women of color in capeshit

Well there's the problem.
>>
>>33865
the problem with your arguement is that the profits are from the movies that feature the original characters, not the new female/minority replacements featured in the current comics, so you kind of defeat yourself when your statement is examined.
>>
File: 1472943004116.png (856KB, 794x793px) Image search: [Google]
1472943004116.png
856KB, 794x793px
>>51169
yeah nope, that is too pleasing of an idea for fans, Marvel execs with rather have Tony's struggle with alcoholism retconned to his internal struggle with his gender identity and see him use the extremis nanites or whatever macguffin bullshit it is now to reassign him to a female, then he can be a stronk woman character and also a lesbian with Pepper Potts, diversity quotas all checked off (except for including a minority race somehow) dang back to the drawing board
>>
>>51565
I actually talked with them about it. They kind of backtracked earlier when I accused them of supporting a pedophile enabler; I even linked them the "Cut and eat the pain" thing and went on this tangent at how "they're politically neutral".

Then I got blocked when I tweeted "Bullshit".
>>
>>41250
you just don't joke to people that they lost their jobs m8.
>>
>>50646
>It didn't set out to be Ms. Marvel

No, it set out to be Spider-man.

Having her mom learn her identity and having Kamala meet Carol so early was a mistake.
>>
>>47004
It still felt like a lot of that run was just in service for X-23. Mercury was tortured so she could understand X-23 more. Winddancer took out of play so that Hellion could date X-23. Bringing X-23's villains as the focus. It felt like everyone else was secondary to Laura.
>>
>>40092
WW: League of One. It's a great read. That is unedited.
>>
>>41532
Marvel's also had the upper hand for longer. DC was on the losing end until recently. Now that chips are down maybe they'll start to figure it out.
>>
It was so fucking funny my timeline blast Marvel all day long. Truly this is the stupidest company.
>>
>>43944
Jaime's book did a good job paying tribute to Ted Kord honestly.
>>
>>33865
I can't tell if this is a shill or falseflag any more
>>
File: 1452250717114.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452250717114.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>33212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsrccmSPkY

Thoughts /co/?
>>
>>53353
>use the extremis nanites or whatever macguffin bullshit it is now to reassign

That'd actually be a pretty interesting plot for a one shot villain. In Superior Iron Man we saw that extremis could immediately and extensively remold the body. Have a villain who uses it for clandestine plastic surgery but extorts patients to keep him from shutting off the extremis.
>>
>>44451
I'm a fan of splitting copyright into "copyrights" (literally the right to make copies) and "profitrights". Copyrights would decay resonably quickly so that after, say, 20 or 30 years people can freely make and distribute copies as long as there is no profit being made. Profitrights would stick around longer, possibly even forever, as long as the related body of work continues to be developed.

Basically this would give us guilt free torrents with no takedowns BUT we also wouldn't have to deal with 60 new Star Wars movies every single year.
>>
>>54193
>Having her mom learn her identity
Secret Identity keep away is just a dry fucking well of Superhero drama and was never good to begin with. One of the best features about Jaime Blue Beetle was how his family knowing his superhero persona let them be involved in the story. The fundamental problem with the whole secret identity thing when it comes to loved ones is that everyone loses. The side characters can't be closely involved in the story without bringing the whole identity thing to the forefront of the scenes. Not being able to tell them makes the side characters annoying for not understanding why the hero is behaving the way they do and makes the hero look retarded for having to give lame excuses for it.

There's still interesting stories to do with the tension between superhero and normal life and keeping identities away from villains. But the whole "my family must never know" has always been aggravating.
>>
>>44310
>let everyone have a turn
I've never got this, everyone already can have a turn. Fanwork and fair use and all that isn't infringed.

Your turn is only cut short if you try to monetize off the success of someone's turn before you. That's when you get a C&D.
>>
>>61420
>Fanwork and fair use and all that isn't infringed
Ideally, but this is patently untrue. There's innumerable cases of companies misusing copyright law to scare smaller groups or individuals into not producing something, even for free, for one reason or another.

Whether this is entirely legal or not is another matter. What does matter is that there's nothing stopping companies from strong arming less influential parties into stepping off because copyright law has no real protections for such cases.
>>
>>38654
I checked the Bookscan list for last year. Ms. Marvel still does well in trades based on the fact that multiple volumes, not just the first one, show up on the list. The rest of the list for Marvel's TPB sales to bookstores and other not-comic shops last year included Star Wars stuff, Deadpool stuff, some new releases (ie first volume of Coates' Black Panther), two volumes of Squirrel Girl, event books, some Wolverine books, and I can't remember what else.

>It is like many people buy the first volume, didn't really like it and don't return to buy the second.

No fucking shit, Sherlock, this happens with a lot of TPB series. Did you think this was only limited to Ms. Marvel? Retailers, booksellers, etc order heavy on the first volume because they know everyone will start with the first volume.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.