[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"A double McSpanky with fries and a Flurp. That'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: skeet.png (510KB, 544x450px) Image search: [Google]
skeet.png
510KB, 544x450px
>"A double McSpanky with fries and a Flurp. That'll be $6.53. And $3.47 will be your change."
>"Dude, you're supposed to push the buttons with pictures of food on them."
>"Don't need to Skeet, I memorized the prices and did the tax and change in my head."
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
Jimmy was being an obtuse asshole about the whole situation. Skeet was just trying to do his job.
>>
>>23896
Jimbles. There's a reason why he needs to push the buttons and he was being a complete autis about it.
>>
Jimmy. Skeet was a tool but tracking purchases in the register is important for record keeping throughout both the specific store and the company as the whole.

Jimmy should be smart enough to know that, even if he's too much of a sperg to keep his mouth shut.
>>
>>23896
who gives a shit? Taco Shack is way better
>>
Jimmy, because the register helps to track inventory and final pay count.
>>
>>23896
It's Jimmy. He took the job and there are rules to follow, even if they're dumb. Like, the cashiers at my job have to stand at the end of their registers now and even if there are a line of people, they're supposed to come back around the register each time and greet the next customer. It's supposed to be to check for baggage under the cart, and it makes sense in principal, but in practice it's clunky. But hey, people that don't do it get sent home, so..
>>
>>23896
I want some burgers...
>>
Jim-jam, doesn't matter if you're the best mathematician in the world doing it that way will absolutely fuck up your inventory.
>>
>>23896
People always focus on this scene and ignore the much dumber thing done by Jimmy earlier.
Instead of people taking their order, they have to stick out their tongue and then the computer will determine what food they like best.
This is flawed for several reasons
>What if the customer doesn't want the thing he likes best because it's too expensive?
>What if the customer doesn't want the thing he likes best for any other reason like being full or a diet?
>What if the customer is ordering food for other people?
>>
>>25427
That's easy to write off as just dumb science fiction shit, the thing about this scene is that it's just grounded enough in reality that it's easy to see why he's wrong if you've ever worked in fast food or retail.
>>
Was Jimmy an autist?
>>
>>23896
Skeet.

First off, Skeet didn't explain any of the routines of the job to Jimmy, and instead decided to berate him in front of the customer. Second, Jimmy's a boy genius, he's probably memorized every purchase to the cent since his shift began. Third, Skeet full knowingly hired underage workers without documentation and is presumably paying them under minimum wage. And last but not least, his name is fucking Skeet.
>>
>>23896
Was Jimmy making pocket transactions?
>>
>>25635
Yes
That's why they made an entire series about him. You aren't interesting if you aren't autistic.
>>
>>23896
Jimbob, you need to push the buttons so the sales register.
>>
Joobles
>>
>Just a little sodium chloride
>Actually dude, it's salt.
>That's what I said. Sodium chloride.

God damn it, Jimmy.
>>
>>26439
>use another word for salt
>get demoted
Damn it, Skeet.
>>
>>25738
It doesn't matter if he memorized all the orders for the day, the company has a way of tracking orders that doesn't involve reading his mind (probably has more to do with counting how many times the buttons with pictures of food are pressed). Besides, Jimmy doesn't need to do any of it in his head, he's just being a show off.
>>
>>23896
Holy shit this is the perfect welding of /co/ and /ck/.
I love all you guys!
>>
>>26587
>It doesn't matter if he memorized all the orders for the day, the company has a way of tracking orders that doesn't involve reading his mind

All he has to do is input every order in the register at the end of day and voila - nothing has changed. Skeet sympathizers are so fucking annoying.
>>
The till needs to record the day's transactions so that during final cash up they can compare profit in the till to whatever the float is. Taking the change out of the till without pressing the buttons means that the transaction never went though and Jimmy just removed from the float.
>>
>>26657
Yeah but that assumes Jimmy's memory is entirely infallible, which it has been shown before isn't. Even if he is smart and can memorize dry information quickly and effectively, there's always the chance of a screw up.
>>
>>23896
Do modern cashiers have pictures of food on them?
>>
>>27780
It's called Retroville for a reason, anon.
>>
>>26657
Isn't it a waste of time to input all the orders instead of doing it during the job like he was supposed to?
>>
>>26462
Don't be a prick.
>>
Jimmy. The register, at least the one I've used, keeps track of the total amount of transactions in addition to calculating what the amount of money the store should of received is. When it's time to close the register at the end of the day or shift the money is hand counted and then the register compares this hand counted amount to what the actual amount should be (over/under).

Also this is used to keep track of inventory like others have said.
>>
https://youtu.be/u0aBaSW72A0
>>
>>28039
We shilling our youtubes now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRbqZ4U7eI
>>
>>23896
>>26439
Skeet was holding the place together, if anything Jimmy was the villain in this situation
>>
File: LifeZone-52.jpg (64KB, 322x355px) Image search: [Google]
LifeZone-52.jpg
64KB, 322x355px
>>25738
>Skeet full knowingly hired underage workers without documentation and is presumably paying them under minimum wage
lmao, why has no one ever pointed this out before

He's expecting a grade schooler to do a job for teenagers and adults.
>>
File: IMG_0013.png (758KB, 709x1548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0013.png
758KB, 709x1548px
>>23896
Fuckin' skeet
>>
>>23896
Mods should sticky this.
>>
Years of frustration I have gained, for fuck sake just look just LOOK using simple LOGIC means you can figure out Jimmy was right!
>>
File: mcdonalds-drive-thru.jpg (160KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-drive-thru.jpg
160KB, 600x338px
>>27780
Yes, actually.
>>
>>29464
Jimmy was right to fuck up the end count of what was sold, thusly fucking up how much inventory should be ordered, and in total just throwing a wrench into the functioning clockwork of this glorious food chain.

You make me sick.
>>
>>23896
Jimmy, a smart person knows how to adapt and treat people of all other levels of intellect, but Jimmy saw how dumb his superior was and still did thing unnecessarily complicated for himself and everyone else.
He should understand the the register is used to keep track of inventory, not just an oversized calculator with a box for money.
>>25427
There's also the fact that people will obviously get tired of getting the same meal ever time he visits.
>>25635
Nah, he was just very stupid with plot-tek powers
>>
>>29802
fuck when i worked at give guys they didnt have that

man i know i sound retarded complaining about this but when you have a line out the door for two stright hours it would help
>>
Not really thread related but why is it shown so much in cartoons and TV-series that you can get a job as an underage kid? That has not been possible for I don't how long now(not counting summer jobs that is)
>>
>>27780
Not at Dunkin Donuts.
>>
>>30828
You can't get a job as a male anywhere.
There are 35 females and 1 male working in my town. You can apply but they just laugh and continue to hire teenage girls that can only work 4 hours a week.
>>
>>30828
Usually because the writers want to do work-related jokes, but the characters are all kids.
>>
>>23996
This.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.