/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of all his adaptations, the only one alan moore has actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1478459676963.jpg (3MB, 2135x2735px) Image search: [Google]
1478459676963.jpg
3MB, 2135x2735px
Of all his adaptations, the only one alan moore has actually liked was a justice league episode "For The Man Who Has Everything". Was he right to hate them all except one or was he just being really nitpicky?
>>
>>95377425
>the only one alan moore has actually liked was a justice league episode "For The Man Who Has Everything
Based J.M. DeMatteis
>>
>>95377425
It's his name being put on them, if there's anything to be nitpicky about, it's that.
>>
>>95377425
>was he just being really nitpicky?
Yes, because he doesn't like anyone playing with his toys other than him.
Even then I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like the stuff he writes.
>>
Well most of them honestly are either shit, cash grabbing, or just miss the point horribly.
>>
>>95377857
What was the best of the adaptations?
>>
>>95377425
This is what Alan Moore looks like?? I thought this was some random hobo.
>>
>>95377425
They've all been incredibly bad adaptations. The best one out of Watchmen, V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Constantine and From Hell was From Hell and it was shit.

Often the acting and direction are just painful on their own. If you know the source material, the liberties taken are often extreme enough that the plot ceases to make sense. So Watchmen now ends the nuclear threat with John being framed for the US being bombed with nukes. And V for Vendetta is turned from anarchy vs fascism into weak libertarianism vs American conservatism.
>>
>>95377425
Watchmen was a good movie. It was a great comic sure, but hating it for only being a good movie is a little silly.
>>
It's not like the original works are anything spectacular either so I don't see any reason to care.
>>
File: low-qu-bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low-qu-bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>95380002
>>
>>95377425
>supermans greatest desire is to be thrown a surprise party even when he told his wife he didn't want one
kek
>>
Where did Moore say this? The only adaptation I'd read him praise was a fan film of one of his Dr Who stories, about the Cybermen.
>>
>>95377816
>Even then I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like the stuff he writes.

Only thing I've ever heard him say he hated was D.R. and Quinch from 2000AD.

He's indifferent about some of the Image stuff, besides 1963. But he, jokingly, said that on his death bed he wants D.R. and Quinch destroyed
>>
>>95377857
I am getting flashbacks to watchmen.
Honestly as mad as I was about the ending change on some levels I can forgive it.
I can't forgive making ozy that fucking sinister and obviously the bad guy.
>>
>>95379911
V for vendetta was great though.
I haven't read the comic yet though. Does the movie fuck it up somehow?
>>
>>95381330
I should have read the second paragraph before making this post.
That does sound bad.
>>
Well, it's the only one that's actually accurate to the comic, so that's understandable.

Which is why it's pretty much the only comic adaptation I like as well.

Comics are almost literally storyboards so I don't get why we don't get accurate adaptations more often.
>>
>>95381344
Also I believe the comic portrays V as more of a villain and Eve is the real hero, the movie romanticizes him more.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong
>>
File: 1494006962930.jpg (303KB, 590x586px) Image search: [Google]
1494006962930.jpg
303KB, 590x586px
>>95379911
>V for Vendetta is turned from anarchy vs fascism into weak libertarianism vs American conservatism.
This one hurt the most
>>
>>95377425
Didn't he say he liked David Hayter's script of Watchmen where he changed the context from Cold War to the Afeghanistan war?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.