[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Cartoons that Handle Politics in a Nuanced Way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5302.jpg (184KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5302.jpg
184KB, 1280x544px
So I watched through three SW Clone Wars eps which happened to all be politics related and it seems to me that based on the three eps + others off the top of my head, every issue in the Galaxy from hunger, poverty, government bureaucracy, trade disputes, secession movements, corruption, inequality and so on are all caused by one single thing:

Evil people.

Yup, the cause of all suffering is just evil individuals who were born evil and have no redeemable trait.

Or what about Legend of Korra with the whole Equalist thing. Is it unfair to suggest that non Benders should have a way of defending themselves against Benders? Maybe Benders shouldn't have a monopoly on power, literally.

Oh wait, turns out the equalist leader violently overthrew the government and happens to actually be a bender. Realizing their leader was a hypocrite, the whole Equalist movement then just... packed their bags and went home? I guess the whole have and have nots of power issue resolved itself pretty quickly

There just doesn't seem to be any nuance or depth when it comes to real world issues being portrayed in cartoons. It's just evil people that's the cause of suffering rather than something systemic and abstract.

Anyome know of cartoons that do tackle politics in a more... mature and believable way?
>>
There's this strange new cartoon I've been hearing about OP. It's called the News.
>>
Korra's portrayal of the Equalists is somewhat current with how certain groups are shouting out about oppression and inequality. The non-benders never were oppressed or treated as second class citizens with the bending capable ones were propped up into positions of wealth or power. Before Republic City, the four nations were based on their cultures and not bender and non-bender.

Also watch or listen to the news like NPR.
>>
>>95374688
>taking msm seriously

You have to be kidding me
>>
>>95374766
Please no, NPR and PBS is everything that is wrong with the Left today.
>>
>>95374603
The Clone Wars made politics fun.
>>
>>95377188
Clone Wars made everything fun, and made Greivous a murder machine.

Truly a great show.
>>
>>95377275
GENNDYFAG!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>95374603
The Equalists got their legs cut off. Their leader turned out to be a hypocrite using the movement to push his personal issues, their uprising was put down, RC had massive systematic reforms to address issues brought up by the Equalists, and one of the main reasons the Equalists gained power - fear of the bending gangs - was removed by the Equalists themselves. The fact that without Amon their actual goal was completely impossible was just icing on the cake.
>>
>>95375497
Educated and intelligent people telling you that global warming is real and trans people don't want to molest your children?
>>
>>95374603
A few South Park political episodes, but not all of them.
>>
>>95374603
Did you forget that the Star Wars show you're watching is all about how one evil dude started a sham war to bring the Galaxy to its knees so he could rule it with an iron fist? Why the fuck were you expecting nuance and realism? That's been out the window since George decided the emperor should be an evil wizard circa ESB.
>>
>>95374688
Watched it a lot on several channels - one of the least nuanced shows I've ever seen.
>>
>>95377298
He's right y'know.
>>
OP, why would you entertain the notion that tyrants have redeemable traits?
>>
>>95374603
I haven't seen any cartoons that don't blatantly point out one side as being the "bad guy".

Noone is going to risk their job over holding a positive light to the "negative" side of politics.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.