[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick & Morty Theory: Jerry was Molested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: jerry_trauma.png (456KB, 934x514px) Image search: [Google]
jerry_trauma.png
456KB, 934x514px
I hypothesize Jerry was molested as kid and I’m certain there is substantial evidence for this;

>In S1E1, it is stated that Morty takes after Jerry, meaning Morty’s wimpy behaviour is learned
>In S1E3, we meet Jerry’s parents and they are cool & relaxed, contrasting to Jerry, meaning that he did not learn this behaviour from them
>In S1E1, Jerry alludes to being mentally scarred as a boy scout on Christmas, possibly alluding to some sort of abuse during his childhood
>In S1E11, when Jerry is almost raped by Lucy, Beth comments on the unexpectedness of the attempt and Jerry responds; “What does a rapist look like exactly Beth? Is it a Slavic man wearing a denim jacket with a patchy beard and the scent of cheap champagne wafting over his blister-pocked lips?”
>Jerry’s characteristics include insecurity, depression, anxiousness and neediness; these are all characters associated with sexual abuse, as well as a confused sexuality
>In S2E4, Jerry is easily groomed by Sleepy Gary, even though he is supposedly straight. As mentioned before, a confused sexuality is a trait of sexual abuse.

P 1/3

Pic related; Jerry after the rapist story.
>>
>>95372308

That is all the direct evidence we have, now allow me to pull at some straws to further flesh out this theory.
>In S1E3, the character of Ethan is introduced and is dating Summer
>The source of Ethan’s anger and anxiety is due to being sexually abused by his brother
>The realisation of where these feelings come from make Ethan very needy towards Summer, which she responds sympathetically to (similar to Beth?)
>Ethan & Summer + Jerry & Beth both were seventeen when they hooked up, Jerry may have been much like Ethan as a teenager, but his insecurity slowly turned him into the hollow shell he is today. This would explain how Beth was attracted to Jerry in the first place.
>It is scientifically proven that women are attracted to men who are reminiscent of their father, this might explain Summer’s love for Ethan.

P2/3
>>
Furthermore, just some other interesting points;
>People who are sexually abused are known to be confused about the appropriateness of seductiveness, which may explain Jerry impregnating Beth and his virtual sex with Beth in S1E4
>In S1E5, Morty’s attempted rape by King Jellybean results in him being anxious and needy, as well as swearing off any adventures
>The above point may explain why Jerry is so disapproving of any sort of adventures, whereas Beth is a lot more relaxed; the trauma from the abuse made him swear off anything dangerous
>In Issue #1 of the comic book, there is a robot home invasion and Jerry responds to the robot by saying “the children are upstairs”. It is disturbing to think of why this was the first thought he had.

Do you think these are just dark jokes with little connection to each other; or maybe there is a hidden story about Jerry which is overlooked due to the other characters’ story arcs?
>>
Wow dude what an obscure theory, no one would've figured it out especially after that Creepy Old Guy Molesting Boy Scouts joke right in the fucking pilot, and they kept redoing that joke over and over because he's insecure haha, wow you're a real sleuth my dude i'm going to call you Ol' Diamond Eyes, we need to get you on Pizzagate stat
>>
File: 1505433795228.jpg (111KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1505433795228.jpg
111KB, 680x680px
>>95372308
>>95372322
>>95372330
10/10 theory, now my official canon.
>>
>>95372383
*headcanon
>>
File: 811395.gif (833KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
811395.gif
833KB, 320x213px
>Rick & Morty Theory
>>
File: 1384404265673.gif (479KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
1384404265673.gif
479KB, 300x284px
>Rick & Morty Theory
>>
>>95372432
>>95372463
>"I can't separate a TV show from the fanbase"
>"I care deeply about what other people think of this TV show on a anime imageboard"
>>
Wasn't Justin molested?
>>
>>95372629
Quite possibly, he mentioned something about it on Harmontown. Would make a lot of sense, child molestation are recurring themes in his work on Roiland TV.
>>
>>95372629
>>95372731
wow that explains the edgelord shit. he's fucked up in the head from being abused. i almost want to feel sorry for him but i don't, he's reddit incarnate
>>
>>95372877
That makes you the edgelord lad
>>
>>95372330
yeah alright, you've persuaded me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.