[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do adult women often voice young male characters in cartoon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Question-Mark.png (260KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Question-Mark.png
260KB, 1024x1024px
Why do adult women often voice young male characters in cartoon?
>>
>>95367736
Because nobody wants to hire kids, and even if you find an adult guy who's practically perfect for the role fucking autists will complain. See: Dipper.
>>
File: tough.png (117KB, 426x536px) Image search: [Google]
tough.png
117KB, 426x536px
>>95367736
>They're more professional when compared with literal children
>There's no concern over child labor
>You don't have to worry about puberty messing with the voice of your character
>>
File: goku_by_el_maky_z-d5mmbf4.jpg (977KB, 3000x1956px) Image search: [Google]
goku_by_el_maky_z-d5mmbf4.jpg
977KB, 3000x1956px
It can get a little awkward if the character itself grows tho
>>
No dealing with puberty and voices changing.
>>
>>95367736
just like young boys, their balls haven't dropped yet
>>
>>95367736
Because they have higher pitched voices and child actors suck. It used to be fairly common for women to dub over live action child actors too.
>>
>>95367756
>>95367828
As a kid, I always hated grown ups who have this crappy attitude about working with kids (assuming that they're all difficult to work with adults can be just as bad).

Now, as an adult, I still think those people are pricks. I think if more directors would disavow themselves of the image of child actors being bratty and hard to direct they'd find there is no shortage of professional child actors out there.
>>
>>95368171
>It used to be fairly common for women to dub over live action child actors too.
Wait, what the fuck? Why?
>>
>>95368203
It's not just that, there are other issues - the most obvious being their inevitable aging.

Also how "professional" can child actors really be? How many years of experience could they have?
>>
>>95368231
>Also how "professional" can child actors really be? How many years of experience could they have?

I mean professional in conduct, not in acting skill, although years of experience isn't necessary for the latter (everyone has to start somewhere and many people are just natural born actors). In terms of professionalism, obviously if you're 12 years old and it's your dream to be an actor, you're going to be on your best behavior. Why anyone would assume otherwise is beyond me.
>>
>>95368203

The attitude has more to do with the issues in working with the kids, not the kids themselves. Dealing with the parents and their often unrealistic expectations, contract problems, the child labor laws, the school/tutor problems, etc. Adults are just easier to work with from a legal standpoint.
>>
>>95367736
Because the other choices are a young boy who's a pain in the ass to work with and will hit puberty in a year or two, or a grown ass man
>>
>>95368138
why don't they just hire a fucking adult man what the fuck is japan thinking
>>
>>95368357
>Dealing with the parents and their often unrealistic expectations, contract problems, the child labor laws, the school/tutor problems, etc.
Random anon delivers the list I was looking for in my post. Thanks!
>>
>>95368357
Ok, that makes sense I guess.
>>
>>95368397
recognition points. They know people like the old voice, so why change what ain't broken? Just so it can be a tiny bit more realistic?
And don't start with "he sounds like a kid/woman", i love his japanese voice, probably because its the one i grew up with, but the same can be said about most americans with their adult male goku voice, which is highly unfitting in my opinion.
>>
I don't know but I wish they didn't because it makes the fap awkward.
>>
>>95367736
Puberty and children are allowed to work more then a few hours each day. VO work is all crammed into a short bit of time. No way a kid could do that.

Also they are hard to work with.
>>
>>95368207
Watch some old films from around the '40s and '50s, particularly British films, it's fucking hilarious. I saw quite a few on TV when I was younger. I guess it was because they didn't think the kids voices were clear enough.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.