[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MFW people put Bojack Horseman on the same level as Moral Orel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: the face of sacrifice.png (221KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
the face of sacrifice.png
221KB, 400x271px
Bojack isn't bad, just no where near as good as Moral Orel
>>
>ywn live in the timeline where it got the full 5 seasons
>>
>>95360406
BH is on the same level as MO

Overrated "depressed" shit by the mongoloids who actually watch "adult animation"
>>
Moral Orel hit me too close to home at some points, so I don't know if I can have a fair opinion on this.

>>95360478
Aren't you cool?
>>
>>95360406
This. Morel may have been obnoxiously antireligious at times but it at least didn't dedicate an entire Christmas special to atheism.
>>
>>95360686
And ultimately, Orel stays Christian.
>>
How do we make it stop? And are there any animations like this that executed as well?
>>
>>95360686
>Morel may have been obnoxiously antireligious

Did you even get the point of the show?
>>
>>95360686
Morel was anti 'church' not anti religious.
>>
>>95361207
It wasn't even that, it was an indictment of hypocrisy.
>>
>>95361242
Pretty sure I just said that.
>>
>>95360686
>>95360759
>>95361207
>>95361242
I think the show pointed out the faults of man, not Christianity, the religion itself. Bojack's political messages were all over the place in my opinion and contradicted themselves.
>>
>>95360406

I don't think Bojack is quite as cynical as Moral Orel, which I consider a point in Bojack's favor.
>>
>>95361314
I'm a fan of the idea that cynicism=mature intellectual enlightenment, but Moral Orel isn't that. The awfulness of Moralton is offset by Orel's unrelenting optimism and, even when that gets shattered, he never lets himself become corrupted. I think Bojack doesn't impress me because Will Arnett only ever plays failures with delusions of grandiose, sans 30 Rock.

Although the 2 1/2 seasons cut from Moral Orel really, really hurt it. It feels more like a demo for a great show than a great show. Fuck you, Lazzo.
>>
>>95361413
*I'm NOT a fan of the idea
Jesus, how did I fuck that up so badly...
>>
>>95361303
Morel focused on hypocrisy as a result of people trying to force themselves into a position they couldn't fit in, so they lashed out, they played the guilt game on others to reinforce how righteous they where to everyone else. It created a cannibalizing environment that was eating the town away at its heart.

Bojack is about dealing with the issues life throws at you for better or worse. Bojack's flaw is in his pride in spite of his self pity. Any time he comes to a crossroads and fails, it's due to him following his pride. And the same is true for most of the characters in the show. The misery in their lives stems from their poor reactions to adversity.
>>
File: haha jokes on you doughy.png (563KB, 879x777px) Image search: [Google]
haha jokes on you doughy.png
563KB, 879x777px
>>95361430
The truth comes out anon
Can we all agree Clay has the best expressions
>>
>>95360478

Go home, Cranky.
>>
>>95360686
Moral Orel was anti evangelism. Not anti religion.
>>
So who was the worse father?
Clay or Joseph?
>>
File: clay.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
clay.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
>>95361599
>>
>>95361413
>And I'm glad I shot you

Clay
>>
Show me a scene in Bojack where the voice acting, mood, and tone shifts are as good as this seen here, which isn't even the best scene of the series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_VXZDtSBaY&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>95360406
I really wish the series could have continued long enough to do that story they planned about Orel's grandfather moving in with the family because he's dying from some terminal illness.
>>
File: burn their mongrel hides.png (300KB, 440x495px) Image search: [Google]
burn their mongrel hides.png
300KB, 440x495px
>>95360686
Your bait is trash.
>>
>>95360686
>obnoxiously antireligious

LMAO

Did the show hurt your feewings, christfag?
>>
>>95361928
It shouldn't. All it did was mock the hypocrisy and delusions of the evangelical stereotype.
>>
>>95360406
Bojack Horseman only reached the level of Moral Orel twice, in Season 4 Episode 2 and Season 4 Episode 11.
>>
>>95361980
what scenes?
>>
>>95361599
It's in his nature.
>>
>>95361847
Let me say that I LOVE Moral Orel, I would take it over Bojack if I had to choose. And I also only just watched the first season and a couple of episodes of season 2 for Bojack so far, but the Secretariat interview came to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2LsKdUlx4
>>
>>95362042
Pain. Pain in the heart.
>>
>>95362042
It's kind of funny, I never realized that that speech was advocating to run away from his problems and actually makes the scene better. That scene is good but it doesn't play it up more like Moral Orel would do. To be fair, I think that Scott Adsit, the voice of clay, is just a great actor who can deliver lines that go straight to your heart strings better than most live-action actors today. The way he goes from "and over and over and over" to "NO YOU DON'T" back to "over and over and over" is seamless.
>>
>>95362425
True enough. The increasingly vindictive and drunken he becomes throughout "Nature" was top notch. He was so angry and so sad and it was really superb.
>>
https://youtu.be/DWUOcTIgI18

This has always been my favorite scene from MO. Bloberta's breakdown was fantastic, and "No Children" felt like it was made for that scene.
>>
File: Kermit on suicide watch.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit on suicide watch.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>>95360452
>Everything gets a fucking reboot or continuation except the series that need one, especially the ones the creators wanna bring back.
>>
>>95362042
The entirety of Sacrifice > Bojack Horseman
>>
Test
>>
>>95361968
Because during the late 90s, when the show was made, that was a very real and very truthful stereotype..?
>>
>>95361696
Joseph got his wife lobotomised because in his own sick twisted way he thought he was helping her. Clay would do it out of pure spite.

I will say Joseph rang all the same bells as pre-nature Clay, though. If they really wanted they could explore Joseph to the same degree and probably get something interesting.
>>
>>95364218

>moral orel
>late 90s

?
>>
>>95360478
Hit too close to home anon?
>>
File: why do you quit working on me.png (301KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
why do you quit working on me.png
301KB, 512x386px
>>95360406
>be me
>got together with old high school friends a few nights ago for drinks and vidya
>everything is going well, just chilling out
>a few drinks later, begin getting upset
>remember one of them hating me at one point because they thought I was ugly
>long story short this guy basically lied a bunch and turned my group of friends against me, making 2 years of my life hell and crushing my confidence for years long since
>never got an apology
>turns out I still have a big chip on my shoulder from that experience
>whiskey has turned the chip into a fucking gash
>all the old anger surfaces again
>and I end up giving one of THESE speeches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ

cont?
>>
>>95365822
It sounds like your life is full of bright
>>
>>95365822
Fuck man, I want to see where it ends. last time I got drunk I talked about how much I wanted to kill myself. now my friends want me to get therapy.
>>
I think morel orel is held in too high regard. It didn't tackle a lot of themes, it was pretty formulaic on its path to delivering its message.
>>
File: 1144463_1.jpg (63KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1144463_1.jpg
63KB, 630x630px
Nah, BoJack is much better. I loved MO to death when I first watched it, but the characters are mostly one-dimensionals with one main trauma each, with the highest point being the camp arc; BJ on the other hand has much more fleshed-out characters that actually feel real (and this isn't MO's fault, it was more of a comedy after all) with more problems. BJ is like 4 MO's running at the same time with less filler characters.

I would've said MO was the saddest one before I saw BJ's S4E11 though.
>>
>>95364218

>giving your opinions on things you know nothing about
>>
>>95365961
>>95366040
Sorry if I kept you waiting, I was watching Nature for that screencap and got sucked into it.

>>95365822
cont.

>start trying to be sarcastic
>say shit to the other 2 guys like "so great to have such LOYAL friends" and "What would you do without me?"
>main guy I'm mad at (we'll call him David) asks what my deal is.
>respond with something like "oh, wouldn't YOU like to know?"
>(gets a bit blurry from here, here's a big mixing pot of everything I remember saying)
>say David ruined my school life, go into rambling
>"God, I haven't felt like I've had a real friend in years"
>"After everyone leaves you you never want to trust anyone that much again."
>"You wonder if there's anything worth loving about you."
>After a while you just stick to making jokes, never getting too close to anybody, because you don't want to get backstabbed all over again. You're just the funny guy. Everyone likes you, but nobody loves you."
>"All that anger you carry stays with you. People tell you to bury it, but eventually you realise it's the one thing left driving you."
>everyone's trying to get me to calm down. I'm not having any of it.
>remember David had a friend die recently they were still getting over
>look him dead in the eye and tell him I laughed about it when I heard.
>David punches me in the face.
>I step on his foot and storm out, knocking liquor bottles over as I leave.

before you call me on bullshitting I'll just say here I frequent Moral Orel and Bojack a lot, so most of this is drunk rambling combined with shit I picked up from these shows. also yes I'm a piece of shit.
>>
>>95366392
This is why smoking weed is better than drinking, drinking puts the piece of shit inside you for everyone to see.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (27KB, 196x181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0155.jpg
27KB, 196x181px
>>95360686
>at least didn't dedicate an entire Christmas special to atheism.
Or be anti-religion yet does a pro Islam episode.
>>
>>95365822
God damn, this speech is probably better than anything in Bojack. I need to try this show out.
>>
>>95366692
Every Hollywood atheist Icon is pro Islam. Even trash man did a pro Muslim PSA.
>>
>>95361303
Yeah Bojack's overtly political episodes are by far the worst. Though the show is usually written decently even when it's evangelizing instead of entertaining.
>>
Bojack is a funnier show, on the whole. It can balance humor and drama, and stop and switch on a dime. Moral Orel's dramatic beats may be better overall, but at the expense of trying to be funny.

But Io Perry and Mountain Goats, man. Starburns killed it on the music choices.
>>
>>95360406
lol
I don't Care about Bojack
Moral Orel sucks though
>>
File: goddammit.jpg (83KB, 737x723px) Image search: [Google]
goddammit.jpg
83KB, 737x723px
>>95366392
>remember David had a friend die recently they were still getting over
>look him dead in the eye and tell him I laughed about it when I heard.
Wow anon you're a dick.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.