[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 3453474.jpg (159KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
3453474.jpg
159KB, 900x700px
Why was it cancelled?
>>
2 edgy 4 me
>>
>>95351299
what the fuck is the pig thing? I know spanky was a stand in for online animation but I don't know what the fuck that is.
>>
>>95351299
Too much fun
>>
Spanky should've been Strong Bad.
>>
>>95351299
because it was edgelord garbage
>>
>>95351769
I don't think Spanky had a direct inspiration, I think he was just inspired by crude online animations in general.
>>
>>95351903
Yeah, that's what I though too, but what the hell is the pig in the OP picture?
>>
>>95351299
The Jew Producer
>>
It was pretty hit or miss. Toot and Spanky annoy me.

The AIDS walk episode is amazing tho.
>>
>>95351923
It's from this old flash-cartoon website called Kill Frog.
Very obscure reference; seeing this brought back tons of memories.
>>
>>95351299
It wasn't all that great.
>>
File: sponsor me.png (144KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
sponsor me.png
144KB, 469x350px
>>95351955
>>
>>95351975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iSJgocpwo
now thats fuckin retro web shit
>>
>>95351299
Collapsed under the weight of its own greatness.
>>
>>95351792
not edgy enough, spanky is a parody of adult web animation, there's not really anything too adult in homestar runner
>>
>>95351299
HERO SHIELD
ACTIVATE!
>>
>>95351299
The 2 dimensional characters and their schtick got old and repetitive

Would have benefited if you got a new cast every season, you know, like a real reality show
>>
>>95351299
Why is Ariel a stand in for Clara? There are a lot of Disney Princesses that would make a much better stand-in. Aurora or Sleeping Beauty would have been much better.

Ariel is a dumb teenager who doesn't act like a princess at all.
>>
Comedy Central probably didn't feel like shilling out the money for cell animation when they could order some bullshit animated in flash for a fraction of the price.

Drawn Together was running out of steam by season 3 anyways, they had fucking Carlos Mencia guest star in an episode. The show was magical but it was destined to turn into Family Guy eXtra and devolve into lazier, edgier writing if it kept going.
>>
>>95351769
>>95351903

I also think that with his short stature, jerky animation, and crude humor, that Spanky was also representative of South Park- only CC probably didn't feel as comfortable making direct references to its most successful animated show.
>>
File: smt.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
smt.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>95353212
>CC probably didn't feel as comfortable making direct references to its most successful animated show.

No, they didn't have a problem with it at all.
>>
>>95351299
Daniel Tosh
>>
>>95351299
Wait the Link clone is named Xander because these retards thought his name is Zelda?
>>
>>95353489
No because there's a retarded running joke on the internet where everyone pretends to think his name is Zelda
>>
>>95353663
Which, I might add, is kind of fair for people who never play the games.
Every game is called "The Legend Of Zelda", even the ones where Zelda makes little appearances or is absent from altogether.
>>
>>95353663
The joke is based on real retards who don't know the game.
>>
It tried too hard to be as repulsive as possible and got old fast
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.