[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic Events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: coie07.jpg (201KB, 525x800px) Image search: [Google]
coie07.jpg
201KB, 525x800px
What makes for a good comic event and will there ever be any decent ones again?
>>
Age of Apocalypse is the only good one
>>
>>95345620
Good writers, artists and editors. Yes, there will.
>>
>>95345620
Heavy Metal is pretty good so far. I think a good event utlizes the lore of the universe it takes place in. I feel like CoIE is the best comic event, followed by FC then IC.
>>
>>95345705
AoA is much less of an event so much as it was THE EVENT.

CoIE and Secret Wars are something that needs to be marked down, but nothing was ever so ambitious in big two comics before.

>inb4 Hickman wars
Ok, but it's just rehash after rehash.
The whole line wasn't directly replaced to sell a plot line that had been in the makings for a couple years or so.

Small crossovers involving just a couple titles, and maybe a bookend are nice and welcome.
But the whole anchor maxi title thing is just bullshit.

Post comfy crossovers from recent years.
>>
>>95345777
>secret wars
It was thrash

>>95345620
No, comic events have always been thrash.
>>
>>95345620
Multiversity just happened a few years ago and was amazing
>>
>>95345620
There were never any decent ones to begin with.
>>
>>95345620

I like comics that are more self contained but the effects are lingering in certain books. I hate the EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT feel a lot of events try to have and it either messes things up or is completely ignored.

I liked Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night was made better if you read GLC. Forever Evil was good. Axis was okay.

Venomverse is a lazy event idea but it's executed okay so far.

I'm enjoying Metal so far, even if I'm skimming some of it.
>>
COIE
dc one million
janus directive
sinestro corps war
blackest night
war of the gods
underworld unleashed
final night
day of judgment
legends
and fuck everyone, zero hour is good

most dc events before infinite crisis are actually pretty good
>>
>>95346354
>one million
>janus directive
>final night
>day of judgment

This guy knows what's up.
I like Zero Hour too despite its editorial failures
>>
>>95346354
Most Capital E-Events from DC seem to usually be good. It's the smaller ones (Amazons Attack, Godhead) that suck.
>>
>>95346354
I really liked Final Night.
The villain, such as it was, wasn't really beatable and the heroes had to deal with the fall out, mostly spending the event saving normal people.
>>
planning
>>
>>95346288
Multiversity gets way too much praise for being CoIE 1.1

A new multiversal villain group that came out of literally nowhere and represent aspects of metafiction conflict. Oh cool. Oh there is not real story regarding any characters and how they deal with them? Oh all the stories that have to do with it are completely open ended and the only ones that aren't barely have any connection to the 'event'?

The multiversity issues were fine. But it wasn't even an event.
>>
>>95345620
>What makes for a good comic event
Not having one every five fucking months, for starters.
>>
>>95345620
> will there ever be any decent ones again?
There hasn't been one yet. I don't expect that will change.
>>
The ability for each series involved to still stand on it's own outside of maybe an Alpha and Omega to start it off and tie it together.

AoA is actually a good example of this. You start with the Alpha it sets shit up then every book focuses on doing it's one job before the omega ties it all together.
>>
Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night were pretty fun. Metal is so shamelessly stupid, I kinnda dig it so far.
Marvel events on the other hand has been cancer ever since they've got back into business with House of M.
>>
>>95345620
Rape, the answer is always rape!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.