[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

I finally want to give AT a shot to see what all the fuss was about, especially now that the show has faded into irrelevance and it's fanbase is a husk of its enraged, retarded self.
At what point exactly does it go to shit?
>>
>>95339476
Season 5 is where it fell off for me, but even then it never went below mediocre. It's gotten a lot better since then
>>
>>95339476
If this is the first time you've given the show a shot, fuck off and go watch it.
Don't bother us about it, just go watch it and form your own opinions. Faggot.
>>
>>95339622
I keep hearing people claim the decline was only temporary/overblown, like >>95339601 says. I'm pretty quick to drop a long, multi-season show I don't like if I know there's little to look forward to, so I was curious if the supposed improvement was just a desperate meme or an actual thing.
>>
Season 3.
>>
>>95339819
Its an actual thing. They're really pulling it together in the last couple seasons.
>>
>>95339819
They tried to do philosophical and relationship garbage. It's not like it ever went "bad" in the usual sense but there was a lot of cringe for a while there.

Also, the first season is full of a lot of randumb humor but it becomes more nuanced.
>>
>>95339476
As soon as FP arrives.
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
Here's how I see it. In the end it's probably a good idea to watch it and make an opinion for yourself because there's a bunch of people in /co/ that shit on the newer stuff without even watching it. If someone automatically says everything past Season 3 it's shit it's probably them.
>>
desu start from the beginning its "decline" at least for me is never really that evident because the show feels like it means to take you through the lives of the characters in good and bad moments and after awhile you learn to appreciate how they mature grow and change
>>
>>95339476
Everything after the Nicktoons pilot is garbage.
>>
>>95339476
Season 3
>>
>>95339828
>>95340062
>>95340162
these
>>
>>95339476
>especially now that the show has faded into irrelevance
>Just won an emmy recently
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 603x322px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 603x322px
>>95340112
This better be fucking bait you retarded ape. Have you ever even seen the show?

S7/8/9 have been nothing but this garbage plots and miniseries and almost completely lacking in any decent jokes. If I wanted drama there's a hundred shows that do it far better, and just as many cartoons that do it better, Pretty much anything past season 5 has been below average at best.
>>
>>95340824
>if I don't like it it's bad
>>95339476
See what I mean, OP? AT changes it's way of telling a story in radical ways, some people don't like it, some people do. This faggotron is the type of person that doesn't like it and therefore it's all shit, just like something a 7 year old would say

So just watch it and make your own judgement, if you are still skeptical then know AT won an Emmy for season 8, so they at least must be doing something right.
>>
>>95340911
>>if I don't like it it's bad
If the same thing is done better in most other shows it's below average.
>AT changes it's way of telling a story in radical ways
It's not that it changes the way it tells a story (I mean it does but that's not the point), the point is it completely fails to tell a story, from broken narrative structure, to poorly defined character motivations, it does almost nothing right.
>This faggotron is the type of person that doesn't like it and therefore it's all shit
I guess we're strawmanning now?
>"The large drop in popularity this show has experienced has happened for no reason guys, the show is just as good as it's always been"
Shiggy
>AT won an Emmy for season 8, so they at least must be doing something right.
>Awards have anything to do with quality
The absolute state of /co/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3061046/awards
fucking wew lad
awards are really the marker of quality aren't they.
>>
>>95341144
>nominated

So as this anon>>95340911 states make your own judgment. A lot of people have not watched this show in years so their opinions aren't worth anything
>>
File: 1315625368311.png (6KB, 445x431px) Image search: [Google]
1315625368311.png
6KB, 445x431px
>>95341144
>If the same thing is done better in most other shows it's below average.
What shows? What the fuck are you talking about, what is AT "doing" in your twisted mind?
> the point is it completely fails to tell a story, from broken narrative structure, to poorly defined character motivations, it does almost nothing right
Provide examples actually in the show or you are full of shit.
>I guess we're strawmanning now
Well yes, yes I am, you "Everything past S3 is shit" faggots never have actual arguments aside from comparing the show to what it was rather than valuing it for what it is. You faggots are literally the strawman in AT threads.
>nominated
pic related
>>
File: 34262278_p4_master1200.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
34262278_p4_master1200.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>95339476
Seems to be anywhere from the start of season 3 to the end of season 6. There's lots of different things that set people off, ranging from:
>show beginning to explore its characters more
>show focusing on romance/relationships more
>show shifting from exclusively focusing on jokes
>show focusing on deep lore and backstories
>show getting too weird, meta and "artsy"
>show having disappointing plot lines with status quo
And probably a lot more than these.

If you want the purest experience which will never be diluted, stop watching at the second to last episode of season 3, Dad's Dungeon. Fantastic adventure that leaves Finn in a good enough place to view as a satisfactory ending. If you still wanna keep going though, watch until you get sick and tired of it, which may end up never happening.
For my taste I still love it, even though it's done some really stupid shit. You'll have to have a decent tolerance for retardation to get all the way through, but watching it all at once will make it much more bearable and it's really gotten its shit together in the last 2ish years or so.

Hope you enjoy OP, it's a hell of a ride.
>>
>>95340112
>S5 worse than 6
?
>>
>>95341144
I find it amusing that Adventure Time was nominated for an Emmy in 2016 for "Hall of Egress" (which was a fantastic episode), but ultimately was beaten by Robot Chicken.

Seriously, who are these people.
>>
>>95341456
Looking at wikipedia now I realize I had S5 and S6 confused, so switch those around, then again even if S6 is the worst season it still has You forgot your floaties and Margaret and Joshua Investigations, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>95341621
People whose opinion is no more valid than anyone else's yet for some odd reason people care about it.
>>95341248
>>95341294
>nominated
>Ignoring the awards it won
Well meme'd
>What the fuck are you talking about, what is AT "doing"
Exploring darker themes like self-doubt, love, death and betrayal
Or just in general attempting to be a comedy and a drama.

>Provide examples actually in the show or you are full of shit.
Well, now I have to explain the obvious.
I suppose this is easier to explain in the context of the clearly defined arcs ie. the miniseries. In Stakes the conflict at the core of the story is Marceline's struggle with her own mortality, or lack thereof, The concept is completely fine in this context but fails in execution. The series puts no time into developing the struggle she's having with immortality, or even being a vampire for that matter. All the show decides to show us in regards to this issue is a short scene in which Marceline loses her umbrella. This is never really developed further in any episodes before or after this point. The entire basis for the special is simply a plot convenience. I'll skip talking about how anticlimactic all the vampires were in this special, because they are just as boring to talk about as they are to watch. The special ends, with one of the most ridiculous returns to status quo possible (something that's pretty apparent in a lot of other story arcs in AT), after defeating the vampires and re-consuming their powers (it's not exactly explained why she was even absorbing their souls if they were fucking dead, unless you can't kill vampires unless you absorb their soul, which nothing in the series suggest), instead in the end she just kind of accepts it, which might be a fine ending if this was something she was ever shown to be hung up on before, but this problem never existed before the miniseries, nothing is missed if you completely skip the miniseries, it adds nothing to the narrative of the show.
>>
>>95341972
All the listed awards that SU won was for voice acting. Which is weird because I could have sworn it had awards for other shit as well.
>>
Faggots.
>>
>>95342628
Yours isn't much different than this >>95340112
faggots.
How are there 2 people THIS retarded
>>
>>95342667
You're a faggot, I already said what I'm going to say.
>>
>>95341972
>Exploring darker themes like self-doubt, love, death and betrayal
>Or just in general attempting to be a comedy and a drama
And you think other shows are doing it better? Because I've yet to see a emotional scene as good as Minerva saying goodbye to Finn in a good while.

Now I know most of what I'm going to say it's a headcanon, but with AT that's pretty much the point, cartoons have the luxury of going with a half overarching plot half comedy approach to their story but that also means that what happens in a certain past episodes can or cannot be relevant to the plot points of future episodes, I found that to be the most sensical way of watching Adventure Time and it does feel like the intended way of watching it, even then though characters don't go through proper "arcs" and instead we are expected to think of the development certain happenings and interactions have on them, thus /showing/ and not telling how characters feel by their actions rather than with words.
>hurr that's retarded
Yes that's why I said AT changed it's way of storytelling, I didn't call it good because I know it's weird enough to be subjective, personally I like it but I don't think many people would, especially not kids, that's why I think the show's dip on viewership despite of the show still being good, well that and that other shows provide what AT once exclusively did (comedy/drama show with overarching plot), regardless of quality of course.
>>
>>95341972
>>95342812
Having that said I feel Stakes touches within a feeling of "dread" on Marceline's character after living so long, if you've watched until that point you would know she's pretty much done everything, bad, good, sad, happy, etc. She's tired of life and now with a new understanding of Ice King's actions when she was little the only things she has known to have accompany her through the years have been the Ice King, who grew crazy thanks to the crown and now it's just a sad reflection of who he was, his Father, who gave up on her mother and her to rule on the nightosphere pretty much forever and Bubblegum whom now she has befriended again but nonetheless (at the start of Stakes) has grown distant with her through the years because she needed to attend her kingdom; to Marceline all these people have a "higher call", except Ice King which has just gone insane, by looking at her life she realizes that her life is devoid of meaning and makes the choice to stop being immortal, thus why she claims she has been "cured", now the burden of the scary infinity of the future and the sorrows that come with it it's no more.
>>
>>95341972
>>95342812
>>95342832
s the vampires cause havoc Marceline recalls the fight she had with Vampire King, as she realizes that the price to pay for hunting the vampires was immortality she makes up her mind to hunt them down, whatever happens later will come later, after hunting each down, which's quality is subject to >opinions (as in fuck off faggot just because you said it was boring for you it doesn't mean it was) she regains a revelation caused by poison in which she's seen with Bubblegum dying of old age, this can mean several things but the way I take it it's that Marceline, now mortal and quickly dying, has an epiphany of what she really wants, regardless of how do you feel of Bubbline I think this scene is not just some BFF subtext shit and I would think we can agree on that, as she gets her regenerative abilities back and hunts the rest of the vampires she comes to peace with her immortality and now realizes that perhaps she has things left to do in this life, and regardless of how she will feel at the end of them she has literally all the time in the world to worry about it later. Like the songs says: Everything (Marceline) Stays, But still changes (Herself), Ever so Slightly (She's still her), Daily and Nightly (As time moves on).

So no, I don't think everything just went to the status quo in the end, the writing keeps the setting consistent but the characters different, that as good as it gets with kids cartoons
>2long didn't read lmao
I don't care if you agree or not, the walls of text are to prove that unlike you faggots I can quote the show on what happens and criticize it instead of just calling it shit or gold like a brainless hater or fanboy.
>>
>>95342859
That's your opinion. Don't act like you are the only authority on the shows' quality. I like the show. I don't over analyze television shows. Whenever I see threads about people overanalyzing Adventure Time and South Park I just stare and marvel at it. Sometimes when I come home after my shitty job all I want to do is watch a cartoon show and shitpost. I'm right in my own eyes. I like AT, fuck you and ain't nobody going to read that shitty wall of text.
>>
>>95343152
There's a difference between "over analyzing" and being an oblivious retard that justs wants entertainment to be high on weed levels of storytelling.
>hurr when i get from work the last thing I want to do is to be a human being that uses his brain
Then watch cartoons for toddlers, faggot. Don't go out there claiming shit has no depth and then be proven wrong to just say "UHH I'M (""""""""WILLINGLY""""""") TOO DUMB TO GET THIS SO IT'S NOT TRUE".
>>
>>95339476
Fuck everyone in this thread. It's been great the entire way through. You should stop being a faggot and make your own mind up about it though.
>>
File: Jake laugh.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
Jake laugh.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>95342706
>n- no you
So how often do you piss your pants my dude?

>>95342812
>I've yet to see a emotional scene as good as Minerva saying goodbye to Finn
You think that scene was emotional?
>thus /showing/ and not telling how characters feel by their actions rather than with words.
Using Stakes as an example again, this is simply untrue of the way they've gone about storytelling, there was simply no basis for inference about this, she was not shown to have been unhappy with her life, even if at times she was unhappy with certain relationships, in fact the only reason we know this was her problem is BECAUSE she said it.
>despite the show still being good
I mean, this is wrong but I suppose that's why we're talking about this.
>other shows provide what AT once exclusively did (comedy/drama show with overarching plot)
Other shows have done this, and did do this, infact, some aired at the same time, such as Batman Brave and the Bold, Symbionic Titan, Secret Saturdays. It could hardly be said AT ever exclusively provided anything, but what it did provide, at the height of it's popularity, was a comedy and a light hearted adventure show with designs that were distinct and interesting for the time, and it did it better than other cartoons that were doing anything similar. Even as AT moved into the space of comedy/drama it was competing with other shows that did and do the same, some like those mentioned before, others that started around the time AT moved in that direction like Star VS, SU, Gravity Falls, most definitely a few others I don't remember off hand, and while each has their own flaws, besides not being a genre bait and switch, objectively performed better than AT.

>>95343152
>Over analyzing
I believe you mean showing respect for animation as a storytelling medium fgt.
>>95343276
Yes, people argue about opinions on the internet you fucking morons, where do you think you are.
>>
>>95343349
Literally nothing you said was an argument. Also
>Brave and the Bold
>not Action/Comedy
>Symbionic Titan
>not Action/Drama
>Secret Saturdays
>not Action/Comedy

Just because something has tiny little bits of drama or comedy it doesn't mean it's genre related. AT was a first of it's kind when it came out, at least in a while, even Flapjack, Chowder and RS prioritized comedy and didn't have an overarching plot until later.
>>
>>95342832
>Having that said I feel Stakes touches within a feeling of "dread" on Marceline's character after living so long
This sense of dread hasn't been shown in the show, nor was it sufficiently explored in the miniseries, and even her more depressive lines have no relation to her lack of mortality or vampirism.
>if you've watched until that point you would know she's pretty much done everything, bad, good, sad, happy, etc.
There's nothing to suggest this, in fact the closest we get is that line from her intro song "I'm not mean I'm 1000 years old and I've just lost track of my moral code" Outside of that it's not really shown she's "done everything." In fact we know little about Marceline's history outside of killing vampires and being a child during the apocalypse. It's not even confirmed she's had any decent relationships all we know of.
>now with a new understanding of Ice King's actions
She doesn't know anything new about his actions, she only knows something new about his past, that being Betty, a plot point which wasn't even resolved at this point in the show (and barely is now).
>her father
Who as far as we know is a relationship with room to improve (and the possibility of doing so) after daddy's little monster and other episodes with Hunson,
>Bubblegum whom now she has befriended again
Another relationship with room to improve and one she enjoys having, a loose end if anything, how does this help the argument that her decision to become mortal has any basis in her prior characterization?
>Marceline all these people have a "higher call"
I repeat myself "how does this help the argument that her decision to become mortal has any basis in her prior characterization?"
If anything Marceline never having found her "higher calling" would just be another loose end, though, her feeling this way is never even implied in the show.
>>
>>95343349
>how often do you piss your pants?

Nightly

>storytelling fgt

It's a cartoon made for TV. It has good characters and funny stories. Its not going to be some art piece. Get a hold of your self.
>>
Why would you wait until a fanbase is gone to watch a show? I get fans can be gay but that's no reason to avoid something
>>
>>95339476
It never got bad for me. The only real sour note in my opinion was how FP and Finn broke up and Cinnamonbun, but other than that it's changed a lot and that's why I suspect the fanbase has drastically decreased over time.
>>
>>95343649
>There's nothing to suggest this
>fought vampires
>sucks the soul of people
>befriended bubblegum
>went through the world with Simon
>escaped home
>experienced the Mushroom war
>dated Ash
>among others, she's fucking over 1000 years old
>She doesn't know anything new about his actions
What do you mean? she literally just finds out the crown was the one that made Simon forget her when she was young in I Remember You.
>her father, bubblegum
What I mean with both of them is that they chose a path in life in which Marceline has not place, she doesn't want to run the Nightosphere and the Candy Kingdom is PB's to rule. Marceline instead became a very static person, only living in her cave, nothing to do but write songs and meet people like Finn and Jake every couple of years or so (which to her has become meaningless prior to season 4, as people are born and die she fails to see a point on caring about others, hence why "losing track of my moral code", she literally says so after saying she's over a 1000 y/o).

Also the part about her finding there's thing to live for is what I said happens at the end of Stakes, that reason, as corny as it might be, was at the time Bubblegum.
>>
>>95342832
>>95343649
>she realizes that her life is devoid of meaning and makes the choice to stop being immortal
As far as we know it isn't, Marceline has been shown to have friends, help people constantly, fight monsters, budding relationships with old friends and family. This assumption that she felt like she had no reason to alive is one not even suggested in the miniseries, much less outside of it, in fact it would make no sense for her to choose to become mortal rather than to just kill herself if that was the case.
>now the burden of the scary infinity of the future and the sorrows that come with it it's no more.
Except, based on everything we know about her life most of her sorrows were improving themselves, this is once more, an assumption with no basis in the show.

>>95342859
>as she realizes that the price to pay for hunting the vampires was immortality
She doesn't, not until after it happens. The only reason she ends up immortal again is because she gets bit, she was even surprised when she got bit, to say she knew this was going to happen is baseless.
>as in fuck off faggot just because you said it was boring for you it doesn't mean it was
Just because you said it wasn't boring doesn't mean it wasn't.
>regardless of how do you feel of Bubbline I think this scene is not just some BFF subtext shit
>I would think we can agree on that
Just because you say that doesn't make it true.
>she comes to peace with her immortality
She wasn't immortal then. She didn't become immortal again until she was bitten by the King, healing powers is not the same thing as being immortal.
>So no, I don't think everything just went to the status quo in the end,
She was the exact same in the end as she was before the miniseries, she got over a hang up she didn't have until the start of this episode.
>>
>>95342859
Felt like the song was more about being someone who is an "out on the road type" and when you return home, your parents hair has started to gray and you realize you are missing a lot of little things and time with the people you are away from is actually incredibly scare. They may live for years, but maybe you spend a few days each month with them now at best?

You realize that the total number of days you'll spend with your loved ones, whom you are away from, likely is a number of days that amounts to just a few months.

They stay in place, but they are a little lighter on top.
>>
>>95343941
>to choose to become mortal rather than to just kill herself if that was the case
Isn't that the same thing though? Besides it's not like Marceline doesn't /enjoy/ living, she just doesn't see a point to being immortal, she basically choosing to slowly die of old age (eventually) is really not contradictory to what she enjoys at the time, she can live enough to see Finn and Jake grow old, make peace with her father and spend time with Bubblegum, all without feeling the pressure that eventually her friends are going to die and leave her alone or eventually grow crazy or uninterested on her like PB, Hunson or the Ice King. At the time it really seemed like the most sensical option.
>Just because you said it wasn't boring doesn't mean it wasn't.
Good, then we agree that it's dumb to call things in vague ways like boring or fun and instead be more objective.
>Just because you say that doesn't make it true
Then what do you make of the dream sequence Marceline had when she was poisoned?
>she comes to peace with her immortality
I meant that later, after beating the Vampire King.
>She was the exact same in the end as she was before the miniseries
That's like saying Finn is the same after Escape from the Citadel and Breezy, just because something doesn't change the way the live it doesn't mean it doesn't change the way they are, or that it didn't happen.
>>
>>95342859
>I don't care if you agree or not, the walls of text are to prove that unlike you faggots I can quote the show on what happens and criticize it instead of just calling it shit or gold like a brainless hater or fanboy.
You thought it you used more words to be retarded you'd sound less retarded. It was a nice try.

>>95343441
>Symbionic Titan
>not Action/Drama
This show was a comedy too
>Secret Saturdays
>not Action/Comedy
This show was a drama too

Just because you didn't watch them doesn't mean you discount them Anon.

>AT was a first of it's kind when it came out
At wasn't a drama when it came out.
>RS prioritized comedy and didn't have an overarching plot until later.
Neither did AT

>>95343868
>>among others, she's fucking over 1000 years old
You assume, with no basis.
>she literally just finds out the crown was the one that made Simon forget her when she was young in I Remember You.
She knew this already, she was there, that's why she hated when he put the crown on in the flashbacks, they both already knew it was making him lose his mind that's why he wrote those letters to himself/her.
>What I mean with both of them is that they chose a path in life in which Marceline has no place
Besides the fact her father wants her with him, and was even willing to give her a cursed amulet to make this happen, she chose not to do with because she wanted other things with her life "her own plans, I hope you understand, I wanna be here. but I don't want to rule the nightosphere."
And I'm not quite sure where you're getting the idea PB chose a life she has no place, let's go with your bubbline theory. What the fuck do you think a king/queen is, one of them is the spouse of the ruler, and even if it's not romantic, PB can have friends, Marcy is not excluded from her life.
>Marceline instead became a very static person, only living in her cave, nothing to do but write songs
This is just a fucking lie, Have you seen Heat Signature?
>>
>>95344160
>You assume Marceline is over a 1000 years old
No... she IS over 1000 years old.
>She knew this already, she was there, that's why she hated when he put the crown on in the flashbacks, they both already knew it was making him lose his mind that's why he wrote those letters to himself/her
She didn't rationalized it, that's why she reads those letters with such a surprise in I Remember You, I would find it extremely weird that Marcy knew the crown was the culprit all along when it is after I Remember You that she actively tries to bring Simon back, it makes no sense for her to not doing it prior under the pretence that "he was acting crazy" if she knew that was the crown.
>her father and PB want with them
What I mean with her having no place is that Marceline doesn't want to run either, it's not that she isn't invited, it's that she doesn't want to. And PB did stop talking to her for a while.
>Have you seen Heat Signature?
What's that episode supposed to prove? She had friends which we never see again, played a trick on Finn and Jake and befriended them, just to go back to her cave alone at the end of the day, what's the lie here?
>>
>>95343868
>>95344160
>Marceline instead became a very static person, only living in her cave, nothing to do but write songs
Or even listened to a goddamn word she has said in the show, she has a career in music, she has a life, plans, friends. Hell, the second episode she's in is just her running errands, helping people out, and doing a concert (and killing pixies later),
Of all the baseless, completely asinine assumptions you've made, this one is the most mindbogglingly stupid.
>>95344083
>she basically choosing to slowly die of old age
Sure, but my point was never that she didn't feel like that in the miniseries, only that there was no suggesting she felt like that in any episode prior to this, and never after.
>eventually grow crazy or uninterested on her like PB, Hunson or the Ice King.
Except for the Ice King being crazy, though we've seen she likes him anyway, this isn't true of any of them. PB is neither crazy or uninterested in her, and said this almost explicitly in Varmints. Hunson isn't crazy, he's just evil, and is clearly very interested in her. Ice king is crazy like we all know but even he still has a fixation on Marceline.
>Good, then we agree that it's dumb to call things in vague ways like boring or fun and instead be more objective.
No, it was boring and anticlimactic.
>Then what do you make of the dream sequence Marceline had when she was poisoned?
She dreamed about what it would be like to get old, because in this special and no time before it or after did she care about getting old, because this conflict was a plot convenience, that's been the point I've been arguing this entire time, and of course PB and Peppermint Butler were there, none of the other character's her relationship had been developed with was in this miniseries. But are you arguing she cares about no one but PB and Peppermint Butler because they were in the dream and others weren't?
>Escape from the Citadel
Finn had the issue before that episode.
>>
>tfw would like to participate in discussion but no way in hell I'm reading through 30 walls of text between two dudes who have been duking it out for 3 hours
Are you still even here OP?
>>
File: 1504752718180.jpg (118KB, 1598x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1504752718180.jpg
118KB, 1598x1079px
Personally, I was done with it whenever Finn's father was introduced. I didn't like Flame Princess and the writing just wasn't doing anything for me. I came back with Islands and have been enjoying it again.
>>
>>95344448
>she has a career in music, she has a life, plans, friends
>plans
Describe to me what is Marceline's plan, and then give to me a reason as to why does she need to be immortal to go through with this plans. I'm not saying Marceline committed fucking suicide, I'm saying she saw no point in immortality, she didn't quit, she just wanted an end. You are basically saying Finn has no friends or plans just because he's gonna die someday.
>Sure, but my point was never that she didn't feel like that in the miniseries, only that there was no suggesting she felt like that in any episode prior to this, and never after
That's the point, Marceline didn't say she felt like that but she did in the same way Finn wondered who her Mother was, when Islands comes around nobody wonders why does Finn care about meeting his Mom because it just makes sense that he would want to know as his actions and interactions in the past reflect that, or at least that's how I see it, we can agree to disagree but that way you give sense to Stakes.
>Except everyone likes Marceline
Correct, Marceline was wrong, she has plenty reasons to live and arguably reasons to be immortal, what I'm saying it's that she learns that AFTER and during Stakes.
>No, it was boring and anticlimactic
Well, then you are wrong, it was fun and perfect.
>and of course PB and Peppermint Butler are there
I do not understand this, why would "of course" both would be there? "because those characters are the focus of the miniseries" it's not an explanation in-universe either. If you don't see an ulterior motive to old Marceline singing about dying flowers as PB kisses her forehead and a tomb is being dug outside then I guess you are really just that dense.
>>
>>95344083
>>95344448
And Finn didn't just resolve the issue completely in that episode, it explored a character motivation that affected his actions in episodes prior, and in episodes after. It added something to his character (though I don't think this story was handled well either but that's a different discussion).
>>95344332
>No... she IS over 1000 years old.
>>among others
The part I was referring to was the the phrase "among others" which is an assumption. You assume that simply because she is 1000 years old that she has done everything, or had other relationships, or had other types of relationships, as though simply because she is 1000 that she has had time to do it, despite that fact that despite having lived 1000 years she still hadn't worked out her relationship with other characters.
>she reads those letters with such a surprise in I Remember You
Are you saying you wouldn't be surprised to find out your friend of 1000 years, who is essentially dead, had wrote letters to you, that you'd never gotten to see?
>after I Remember You that she actively tries to bring Simon back
Why would knowing the crown did it stop her from trying to fix it?
>it makes no sense for her to not doing it prior under the pretence that "he was acting crazy" if she knew that was the crown
Well, yes he was acting crazy when he puts on the crown, WHY DO YOU THINK SHE BEGS HIM NOT TO PUT IT ON, AND THROWS A ROCK TO KNOCK IT OFF HIS HEAD IN THE FUCKING EPISODE YOU RETARDED FUCK.
>What I mean with her having no place is that Marceline doesn't want to run either
She doesn't have to run either, her dad wants her to run the nightosphere but the conclusion of the episode is him accepting her, and stated in the episode she does want to be there with him.
She can't run the Candy Kingdom of course, but she clearly wants to be friends with PB, so this makes no sense.
>What's that episode supposed to prove
She clearly has, and talked about a life outside of what is seen in the show.
>>
>>95344745
I mean, a 1000 years old is a lot of time, enough for me to believe she's tired of being immortal, but if you want to believe Marceline has been living in that cave 90% of those 1000 years (900 years in that cave) than that's fine by me, it's just weird that you would think that.
>hurr she knows in I Remember You
She literally says "Look, this is how you used to look before the war! Don't you remember?" and then proceeds to look at the writings of an old book that says it was the crown, with a shocked expression. if anything I would be willing to believe the AT team forgot Marcy wasn't supposed to know in Simon and Marcy or are implying that little Marcy forgot the crown was the one that made Simon crazy, but the dialog in I Remember You implies that she did not know.
>Why would knowing the crown did it stop her from trying to fix it
Exactly my point, they know each other from 1000 years and Marceline starts to try to bring Simon back after I Remember You, it would make no sense for her to just start doing something 999 years later. Meaning that she probably did not know the crown was the culprit until IRY.
>but she clearly wants to be friends with PB
Well duh, retard, I never said the opposite, it is PB the one that stopped talking to Marceline, not the other way around, that's why the have a rocky relationship prior to What Was Missing you dumbfuck. And his father lives in the Nightosphere, it would be weird for Marceline to stop herself from becoming mortal just because his father lives far away and only sees him every X amount years or some shit.
>>
>>95344332
>She had friends which we never see again
Doesn't mean they stopped existing, and nothing suggest they were her only friends.
>played a trick on Finn and Jake and befriended them
They were friends before this.
>just to go back to her cave alone at the end of the day
Yes, she has a house, who else would be there? She can literally go anywhere in OOO whenever she wants, almost every episode we've seen of her shows her being loved by almost everyone, and even by the story she tells in Bad Little Boy, she knows that too.

>>95344718
>Describe to me what is Marceline's plan,
Idk, but she said she had them in one of her emotional songs to her dad.
>give to me a reason as to why does she need to be immortal to go through with this plans
Not the point, the point is her motivation for seeking to change her situation, not to keep them the same. You haven't provided sufficient justification for her qualms with immortality having existed outside of the miniseries as a plot convenience.
>That's the point, Marceline didn't say she felt like that but she did in the same way Finn wondered who her Mother was
Actually, Finn verbally questioned his origins, but I get what you mean, and the simple fact is, Marceline never took any actions to suggest she was searching for mortality, or even search for some purpose to continue living. The was simply no part of Marceline's characterization that suggested this was a internal conflict she had prior to this miniseries.
>when Islands comes around nobody wonders why does Finn care about meeting his Mom because
because Finn searching for other humans and questioning his origins, and existence has been a part of his character for years prior.
>Correct, Marceline was wrong
Except, again, Marceline knew she had reasons for living before Stakes, she just forgot that during the miniseries for plot convenience.
>why would "of course" both would be there
They were the only ones needed to get the "get old and die" message across.
>>
>>95345179
>Idk
Of course you don't.
>You haven't provided sufficient justification for her qualms with immortality
I'm just filling the gaps with something that makes sense, it might be vague but what I say makes more sense than the asspull you guys make it out to be.
> Marceline knew she had reasons for living before Stakes
Of course she did, I never denied that, I said she saw no point to immortality, that is not a contradiction.
>get old and die
Is that really all you got from that, really? Even the kiss part? Man.
>>
>>95345082
>Marceline has been living in that cave 90% of those 1000 years (900 years in that cave) than that's fine by me
Strawman, I didn't say she hasn't done anything, but to say "it's enough to be tired of being immortal" would for one, at least have some hints of in prior episodes and two, makes no sense, 1000 years isn't that long, and no thousand year stretch is comparable to any other, there exist no situation in which someone's "done enough." Not to mention she doesn't even suggest this is why she wants to die in the miniseries.
>"Look, this is how you used to look before the war! Don't you remember?"
She wants him to remember. Wouldn't you?
>then proceeds to look at the writings of an old book that says it was the crown
No book. Receipts, menus, newspapers, just random paper Simon scribbled on, she was surprised he wrote it. The newspaper with his picture not only had words scribbled over it, but said nothing about the crown making him crazy, in fact it didn't even say the crown, just "a treasure" which we know is the crown from the previous Christmas episode.
Honestly did you watch the episode?
>AT team forgot Marcy wasn't supposed to know in Simon and Marcy or are implying that little Marcy forgot the crown was the one that made Simon crazy
We've reached peak denial.
>Marceline starts to try to bring Simon back after I Remember You
You have no idea if she's tried before
>she probably did not know the crown was the culprit until IRY
But we know for a fact she did know, because she's said it before, and saw it happen more clearly than anyone else.
>I never said the opposite
>What I mean with her having no place is that Marceline doesn't want to run either
Yes, yes you did, you said Marceline doesn't want to hang with PB at the Candy Kingdom, which is untrue.
>why the have a rocky relationship prior to What Was Missing you
Thematically speaking they have no relationship prior to what was missing
>>
After finally finishing binge watching the series, I thought to myself "Man that was really good. Season 8 was playing my heart strings like a fiddle. Let me hop on /co/ and see what they say." Boy oh boy I've made a mistake.
>>
File: giphy.gif (572KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
572KB, 500x273px
>>95345082
>And his father lives in the Nightosphere
>it would be weird for Marceline to stop herself from becoming mortal just because his father lives far away and only sees him every X amount years or some shit
How do you keep using "his" when talking about Marceline?
Also, she can go any time she wants, and has said before she wants to be there.
It would be weird for Marceline to decide to become mortal one random morning in the desert while having no problem with immortality prior to this miniseries.
>>95345509
>Of course you don't.
I'm not going to make wild and baseless assumptions. All I know is what the character says and does. I'm not going to pull shit out of my ass like you've been doing for the past few hours
>I'm just filling the gaps with something that makes sense,
You're making up random bullshit to justify something that doesn't make sense.
>t might be vague but what I say makes more sense than the asspull you guys make it out to be
"If I can come up with something that to justify the asspull it's less of an asspull"
Shiggy
>I said she saw no point to immortality
You said there was a point to her decision to become mortal, which as far as her characterization outside of the miniseries, there was not, her character motivations made no sense, she only made the decision that was convenient to the plot.
>Is that really all you got from that, really? Even the kiss part? Man.
>Kiss on the forehead of an old person
Wow, that's sure meaningful, no one does that unless it's really romantic, you're right anon, that's not something everyone does with old people they're close with.
>>
>>95345601
As long as no one ask is the show good or not these threads are usually fine.
>>
File: adventureTimeChart.png (7KB, 630x282px) Image search: [Google]
adventureTimeChart.png
7KB, 630x282px
Did my own graph for fun. Season 1-4 are generally all good minus flame princess and the romance angle. All the plotty episodes like Do No Harm are really good, minus the comet arc and mayble lemon hope, which are both okay/bad. Stakes is about as good as an average s1/2 episode. The season 6, 7, 8 and 9 non-plotty, "monster of the week" episodes are all generally weak, even if I have some personal faves.
>>
7 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 6 > 5.1 > 5.2 > 1 > 4
>>
File: mu meme cover.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mu meme cover.png
145KB, 500x500px
>>95339476
>At what point exactly does it go to shit?
It doesn't, in fact it gets better up until season 6, then stays on the same level for some time and then, once season 8 comes around, becomes very story-focused and compressed, rushing toward its end (which is a sad fucking sight.) The worst are probably seasons 1, 2, 8 and 9 but they're still enjoyable. You just have to be comfortable with change in direction, and if you don't like thinking about pagan worldview shit like reincarnation and social darwinism, or if you're bitter about never having had a loving relationship, especially if you're generally spiteful toward women, you should just give it a pass entirely.
>>
Stop at the end of 3, if not stop at the end of 5, anything past that point is almost unwatchable.
>>95347964
>>95348011
>>95348187
>>95342628
>>95340112
The absolute shit taste demonstrated in this thread is astounding
>>
>>95348215
You're entitled to your opinion. Even if it is a garbage one.
>>
>>95348278
>n-no you
Enjoy your poorly written trash Anon, I'm just happy you're happy.
>>
>>95348296
I'll pray for your taste to be healed, but I'm afraid it's already incurably awful.
>>
>>95339819
last seasons = best seasons
plot wise
>>
>>95345689
true, hate is louder than positive
>>
>>95339476
Just watch it all, you bitter sperg.
>>
>>95348215
>Stop at the end of 3
This if you are literally 8 years old.

>>95348296
>poorly written
Right... You're advising a grown man to stop watching a show at the exact point at which it ceases to be a children's cartoon. I know the term "manchild" is overused but you are exactly that.
>>
>>95348418
Not what I was saying, and no, that's not true. I just meant that if no one ask when the show was good you can avoid having a discussion at all, since everyone hates talking about cartoons and would prefer waifu fagging and ship wars.

Support is louder than hate, you can see this in most threads because most people ignore bad content rather than talk about it.
>>
>>95348460
>ceases to be a children cartoon
You don't watch many actual adult shows/stories do you? AT is as much of a kid's show as it's ever been. It's just shit now.
Keep strawmanning my dude.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.