[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman's white eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (309KB, 1234x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 1234x1600px
How do the white eyes on Batman's mask work? Has it ever been explained how it moves to the shape of his face or how he blinks?
>>
>>95337313
It looks cool and Batman is just a drawing.
>>
He puts the mask on, then the comic book adventure begins
>>
>>95337313
It's a stylistic choice for characters who wear masks. Plus it works better for spooking criminals.
>>
>>95337313
It was just easier to draw and looks cool.
How does the glasses of Clark Kent work?
Do they magically make him look like he is not Superman?
How does a domino mask work?

It's comic magic.
>>
>>95337358
as i suspected. It's absurd that little things like that niggle when reading comics.
>>
File: All-Star Superman.jpg (189KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Superman.jpg
189KB, 600x366px
>>95337437
>How does the glasses of Clark Kent work?
>Do they magically make him look like he is not Superman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
>>
>>95337536
Like I said, it's magic!

And the pic is not really convincing.
>>
>>95337437
Superman actually has some low level psychic powers that influence people into thinking he's not superman when he wears the glasses.

I promise I'm not making this up.
>>
>>95337606
he stuffs his vest his breaths are focused more on his stomach making his abs look bloated he pucks up his lips his glasses make his eyes look more dull and the thick glass diffracts the way his eyes look his hair is down his voice is less booming and more cowardly and in one depiction his walk was kinda lame or limp
>>
>>95337313
>that buffalo shot

jesus does anyone wonder why people see Bruce as a serial pederass?
>>
File: happy bruce.png (141KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
happy bruce.png
141KB, 353x353px
>>95338383
>>
>>95338383
Well it's the artist fault, too
>>
Well the Phantom started the craze of pupil-less masks and I guess other comic artists found it to be cool and used it
>>
>>95338364
It's not 1981 Anon
>>
>>95338438
it's the best cop out they've come up with yet so i'm going with it.
>>
File: 1414808253171.jpg (124KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
1414808253171.jpg
124KB, 500x739px
>>95337313

I hope Damian is forced to wear that someday.
>>
>>95338519
the real answer is seeing someone who looks like a famous person isn't going to make you think that they actually are that famous person in disguise, that's just fucking ridiculous
>>
>>95337437
Superman not only has a good disguise, he has THE MOST effective disguise in all of comic books.

He has no disguise.

To the public, Superman shows his face, he's Kal-El from Krypton, he's a public identity. Theres no reason to look for an alter ego, because to the layman, they'd never imagine he would have one. He also carries himself boldly, with vigor and charisma, vs. him being meek and relaxed as Clark.

It ESPECIALLY works in a setting like the DC universe with dozens of other masked vigilantes with secret identities, in which a precedent is set for there to be one, so when its apparent that this guy doesnt try to hide himself, nobody would ever think he'd have one.
>>
>>95339299
heck even when we got a less Meek Clark during the 90's onwards, there's still a huge difference between Clark Kent(at least the Clark that the public sees) and Superman
>>
>>95337358
Fpbp. I actually wish the movies had the white eyes, he looks way less intimidating when you can see his eyes
>>
File: 5189623-daredebil.jpg (170KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
5189623-daredebil.jpg
170KB, 540x538px
>Daredevil can get his comic accurate eyes but Batman still hasnt

Why.
>>
>>95337358
i can't believe some has to explain this
>>
>>95337313

Actually, in issues of 90's flash it's explained that they're white lenses, used to hide secret identity, protect eyes, and see better at night
>>
>>95339443
>Mask looks like shit
>Why doesn't he have this?!
>>
>>95339443
>The angle at which his head is tilted plus the way the lens reflects light makes it look like he's doing a Deadpool eye cock
>all with just a little bit of simple posing
>Probably unintentional

Why the fuck does nobody do this more.
>>
>>95339550
The Season 2 mask looks fine, anon.

Also the eyes look great, regardless of the rest of the design.
>>
>>95339534
>Lenses to see better at night

Wouldnt they be red, then.
>>
File: BatmanCowl.jpg (100KB, 687x815px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanCowl.jpg
100KB, 687x815px
>>95337313
It took two seconds on google.
>>
>>95339553
>Deadpool eye cock
What?
>>
>>95337606
Pretty much all actual comics show the difference is Clark is this very hokey, nerdy figure with a slouch and a bit of a ponch due to how he flexes his super-abs. All those details, plus the general personality change, make it a lot less immediate for people to guess he's Supes, especially given I'm certain there's a lot of dark-haired white guys in Metropolis.
>>
>>95337437
fucking hell. Don't people realize Kal uses his glasses along with clark's wimpy, clumsy and humble personality to disguise himself. And to top it off. The absurdity of an alien that can do anything choosing to work as a reporter
>>
>>95339107
>the real answer is seeing someone who looks like a famous person isn't going to make you think that they actually are that famous person in disguise, that's just fucking ridiculous

This.

Fun fact, Dolly Parton once said that she entered a Dolly Parton Drag Queen look alike contest and lost. That's how much people are unable to conceive the blatantly obvious.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 229x220px
>>95339668
>>
>>95339672
Guys, guys, think about it. What if Lex Luthor is actually Superman. Lex is pretty buff, and I'll bet he puts a baldcap on over his spit-curled hair when he's not flying around doing heroic shit. His evil asshole routine is just a ruse to keep people from figuring it out. After all, no one's ever seen Lex Luthor and Superman in the same room at the same time before.
>>
>>95339672
One of the best additions to this is

Why would superman pretend to be a random schmuck

What would GOD have to hide away for?

There's a whole thing where Lex suspected Clark could be superman but he dismissed the idea outright because the idea of a Alien God pretending to be human made no sense.
>>
>>95338383
>>95338431
Quitely seems to have spent quite a bit of time on the scaly underoos.
>>
>>95339610
I still have that book. Marvel too.
>>
>>95339769
Oh okay
>>
>>95337313
Because it makes for a good theatrical moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K1qNsE9v0
>>
>>95337459
Shut up bitch.
>>
>>95339553
Because Hollywood is lazy.

"It" is getting felated for its cinematography for simple shit like this.
>>
I love the idea of Bruce wearing white contact lenses that give him a heads-up display, but that seems to go against most scenes of him putting on his mask.
>>
>>95337358
And this my friends, is why comics will never EVER be respected as a mature medium of storytelling.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.