[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

What went wrong?
>>
>>95335279
many dumb decisions
>>
>>95335279
Nothing really, it's the best cartoon ever created.
>>
File: IMG_2160.jpg (77KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.jpg
77KB, 800x800px
>>95335279
Must we really do this again?
>>
>Season two finale became season 2 halfway point
>moving the show on different channels
>Alex breaking up with his gf
>>
>>95335351
>Season two finale became season 2 halfway point
Will this maymay ever end?
>>
>Dipper and Mable went the way of their Disney Channel Sitcom neighbors and became gigantic douche bags when it came to their love life
>Soos became a meta mouthpiece and it got annoying
>Wendy was a generic Mary sue love interest so she was doomed from the start
>Stan had a twin who was welcomed with open arms despite causing this all
>>
>>95335394
How do you hold so many wrong opinions at one time and not explode, anon?
>>
>>95335279
Blah blah Padippica didn't happen and not enough Pacifica she should have been the only character blah why didn't Dipper/Pacifica happen I hate Alex blah.
>>
>>95335279
It was fine. Hiatuses just created impossible expectations. 8/10 comfy show, co just needs to take some ambien and chill
>>
>>95335516
For me, this but unironically.
>>
>>95335516
>>95335727
Dipcifica was obviously being foreshadowed, given that Pacifica was Dipper's only remaining potential love interest by the finale. Chill out.
>>
File: 1504649964366.png (94KB, 1176x588px) Image search: [Google]
1504649964366.png
94KB, 1176x588px
>>95336042
I don't really see why a 12 yr old needs a serious love interest, he'll probably meet someone new in college or at work in his 20s like normal people do not some girls he saw on summer vacation as a little kid.

Anyway as we've established already to make people* happy Alex should have made Pinecest happen (*fujos aren't people). Mabel is the only one for Dipper.
>>
>>95335394
Prove me wrong
>>
>>95335279
Alex Hirsch got bored with it halfway through
>>
>>95335321
Speaking in absolutes on inherently subjective examples of media is a sign of autism
>>
>>95335279
well, your father's condom broke, and your mom was too chicken to do an abortion...
>>
>>95335279
I honestly think, not even memeing, that the show would've been better had Mabel never existed, and it was just about Dipper spending the summer there
>>
>>95335279
>Main characters
>Wendy

That's a laugh
>>
>>95338424
To be honest I agree. Her biggest role was making Dipper feel bad, other wise she was off doing her own incredibly mundane and boring things. She didn't even care about adventure or mystery. If Hirsch had made her more involved, she'd probably be slightly more tolerable.
>>
it was only ever okay
>>
Matt Chapman left
>>
>>95337533
I've analyzed more than enough cartoons to state that as an objective fact.
>>
>>95338898
He is credited as co-writing DAMVTF, so what the fuck are you on about? (And you didn't bother explaining this last time you posted that, either.)
>>
>>95335279
nothing, but I want more episodes.
>>
It wasn't x-files for kids like I thought it was gonna be.
>>
>>95335279
Hirsh is a shitty manager who can't delegate like you need to make an animation project run healthily.

He also has a toxic pedestalation issue with females that hamstrings the character development potential of the women and girls he writes.
>>
>>95343561
>He also has a toxic pedestalation issue with females that hamstrings the character development potential of the women and girls he writes.

Could you elaborate?
>>
>>95343685
the only female he wrote that when through any character development was one he created to be hated and even then he wasn't the one who wrote that change.
His male characters are able to make mistakes and evolve from them, his female characters are "fine the way they are" and are the passive recipients of their negative experiences.
That's why they are boring.
>>
>>95335279
>really stupid second half of season 2(roadside attraction)
>dipper becoming more of an inconsiderate jerk
>no season 3 and a rushed and shitty ending leaving numerous plot holes and ideas left open
>>
>>95340159
Watch more cartoons then.
>>
>>95343870
What actual plot holes are you talking about, anon? Keep in mind that "this should totally have happened because reasons" doesn't count.
>>
>>95343891
I've watched more cartoons than a significant percentage of /co/ COMBINED - including quite a few that I have to wonder if a single other poster here has ever heard of.
>>
>>95335279
go in having a great time, and once it's over watch it over and begin to pick apart every small detail until it's considered the worst cartoon to ever grace /co/
>>
>>95338424
Would have the potential to be my absolute favorite cartoon if this was the case
>>
Soos Introducing the old fuck to anime
>>
>>95343870
>dipper becoming more of an inconsiderate jerk

Are you sure you're watching the same show as us?
>>
>>95343907
Robbies dvd comes to mind. The aliens. Dioper never truely finding a love interest(what they did with candy was fucking bullshit), what was ford doing in that alternate dimension all those years, that stupid copout where that circle that signified different characters and how they were integrel in it, and that name bill called out to help him in the end.
>>
>>95343907
>Why fuck did Bill put Mabel in dream bubble instead of just killing her
>Why the Fuck was Blendin there in the first place (yes, I am aware that Hirsch later Provided a reason in Damage Control: The Journal)
>What the fuck was the point of bringing Timebaby in just for him to job immediately?
>Why did Stan regain his memories (besides the out of Universe reason Hirsch gave which was "that would be too sad for the twins")
>What the fuck was the point of the cipher wheel if it was useless in the end
>Why the fuck Did Wendy go from an untrained and unskilled but still capable fighter that she was in the bunker to a fucking super assassin in the finale?
>>
>>95343907
>Keep in mind that "this should totally have happened because reasons" doesn't count.
What do you mean it doesn't count? The whole narrative falls apart when you realize all Bill had to do was trick Stanley into lending him his body 30 years ago and continue working on the Armageddon machine.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>95343925
>I've watched more cartoons than a significant percentage of /co/ COMBINED - including quite a few that I have to wonder if a single other poster here has ever heard of.
Awesome. What are your thoughts on A kockásfülű nyúl (the rabbit with checkered ears)?
>>
>>95343925
Oh, so you've seen all those obscure decades-old Christmas specials and mediocre failed pilots too?
>>
File: 9032903999901.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
9032903999901.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>95345395
Better than Miki Mol i Straszne Płaszczydło.
>>
>>95345440
How so? describe the ways in which it performs better. In detail.
>>
>>95335279
Much of the hook was building up mysteries that realistically could not be satisfied; how could they have explained the heavily-hinted-at root cause of the town's weirdness without it feeling like a copout or otherwise anticlimactic? >>95335530 too.
>>
>>95345440
Your about to get owned on the internet
>>
>>95336452
> Mabel is the only one for Dipper
Agreed.
>>
Show was great, ending was terrible because they refused to have any real consequences. Everyone lives, everyone's happy, Stan's sacrifice is invalidated within 5 minutes of making it turning a great scene into a bummer, and most importantly Mabel at no point is made to face up for all her horrible shit.

She ruins her brother's future, almost destroys the world, forces HIM to learn a lesson when the person in need of one is her, and in general acts like a fucking parasite. And she pays for none of it. She even keeps the damn pig. It was too much for the writer's to have her even leave the pig with Stan. How do you think her parents reacted when she got home? They aren't going to let her keep that pig.
>>
>>95340202
I don't know, I only saw the first season anyways
>>
>>95345192

2B was kind of rushed and it wasn't that big of a deal because it was just a kids' cartoon show. But some things suffered. That included a few things:

1. Mabel's character arc suffering which is the thing that gets mentioned the most on /co/.

2. Stan and Ford"s relationship which was the main focus of the finale, yet those two characters barely interacted, there wasn't time. So not as much investment as there should have been.

3. Secondary characters like most notably Wendy along with Pacifica, Robbie, Gideon kind of got screwed. Another season would have allowed some character development.

4. Bill as a bad guy. You have to be very careful once you have an omniscient (to some degree) and omnipotent bad guy. How can they lose? Bill is trillions of years old and planned this for a billion years, so he makes too many dumb mistakes because he's in a cartoon for kids and a bad guy and needs to lose without real damage because Disney. When really he'd just instantly murder all the characters. I'm not saying it needs to be grimdark just that things evaporating with zero consequences or just status quo change is tougher at that point, another season and it would be easier to pull off though.

Anyway it was fine for what it was. Hiatuses and lore hyped it so high it could never be met. But one more season would have been ideal. It is what it is, right? No big deal, move on.
>>
File: Onee Chan YES.jpg (82KB, 384x768px) Image search: [Google]
Onee Chan YES.jpg
82KB, 384x768px
Wendip didn't happen
>>
>>95346290
Assuming she realized her actions were what led to the apocalypse, her never apologizing or appearing to feel any remorse makes her seem almost sociopathic
>>
Guest stars like John Oliver, Louis CucK, and Jon Liebotwitz were all terrible
>>
>>95335279
Mabel
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.