[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAPTAIN AMERICA Trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Captain America.jpg (104KB, 580x292px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America.jpg
104KB, 580x292px
What went so right? It is objectively the best Marvel Studios standalone series.
>>
>>95334983
>standalone
AYY LMAO
THE FIRST AVENGER LITERALLY ENDS ON A SEQUEL HOOK FOR AVENGERS
CIVIL WAR CANNOT EVEN BE WATCHED WITHOUT HAVING SEEN AGE OF ULTRON

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MARVELKEKS
>>
>>95335039
Sure it can. It's reasonably well explained in the movie, and you really don't need to know the backstory.

The Invincibles only gives us the bare-bones backstory behind registration, and the movie still worked fine. The Bad Event can absolutely happen off-screen.
>>
>>95334983
to the marvel shills on here, please tell your boss to tell Marvel I want a Captain America trilogy boxed set. I don't know why eurofags get one but we don't. It's the best CBM trilogy ever and it doesn't have a complete set.
>>
>>95335039
>CIVIL WAR CANNOT EVEN BE WATCHED
untrue. cap 2 ends with him driving a helicarrier into the shield HQ and a russian international leaking US secrets.

I really don't need to be called a marvelfag as well as I've spent entirely too much time defending the DCEU on here. I wish people in movie threads could just stop being faggots and discuss the shit at hand or stop falseflagging. it's fucking pitiful that you're even in this thread if that's your post, in all honesty.
>>
File: 1503255399597.jpg (386KB, 915x541px) Image search: [Google]
1503255399597.jpg
386KB, 915x541px
>>95334983
>Steve's face on the first poster
>>
Because it isn't just 1, 2 & 3.
It is
>Period piece
>Spy thriller
>Avengers 2.5
>>
>>95334983

They should have let Johnston return to direct The Winter Solider, since he had ideas around it from the time that the Captain America movie was being edited and was in post-production. Even post-release, he expressed interest in the follow-up and it was already in his contract with terms worked out.

The problem I have with the Russo's isn't that they aren't talented, it's that they aren't interested in Cap. While there was some character development in The Winter Solider, it likely can be credited to having the same two people working on the screen play AND that they were working on adapting a well-known, well received story from Brubaker's run. This is particularly a problem because the original scrip and even the shooting (based on deleted scenes) of the initial Avengers team movie has more Cap scenes that helped develop his character, which just got chopped out.

Civil War probably had the most interference from the studio on top of Feige's normal involvement, but it's biggest accomplishment was in doing nothing to really forward Cap as a character either on his own or within the MCU, especially with the pasted on codas with the burner phone and the even more clearly pasted on Sharon Carter kiss.

Summer tentpole movies aren't necessarily going to be the place where small character moments can take place but the MCU is large, profitable and successful enough that they could have done a team up movie, in the fashion that Thor Ragnarok looks like to be with Hulk and Thor, as the third CA movie, and used Civil War as what it ended up being (versus stealth mode): an Avengers film.
>>
>>95335429
What am I supposed to be laughing at again?
>>
Consistent writing and character development.
>>
>>95335671
I don't even think that's Chris. Look at the nose.
>>
>>95335039
This. I don't get how there are still people who think the individual characters are their own series. They're not, it's just one blanket "MCU" series with 4+ films a year.

Actually the thing I do like about Winter Soldier and Civil War above the other movies is they do a lot to establish their own tone separate from the rest of the franchise and to directly carry story threads into each other, which they would have accomplished if not for the obvious behind-the-scenes fuckery that went into making Civil War into another big tentpole feature with Iron Man dick sucking.

But even with how Civil War turned out, Winter Soldier felt like the only MCU movie other than maybe GotG that set out to be its own franchise merely set in the MCU, instead of just "MCU Movie #27".
>>
>>95336260
Faces on movie posters in the 21st century aren't photos, they're composites that get run through focus tests thousands of times in order to shop them into the blandest possible form that will appeal to the broadest possible audience.
>>
>>95336320
>Marvel's tone and subject matter is repetitive and stale, but does well commercially and critically, thus it is safe to assume they operate according to focus testing and brand marketing.
Okay.

>Marvel has focus groups set up and runs facial recognition so that they can manipulate photos of their actors' faces into some kind of bland, non-offensive metaface that appeals to a mass audience of sheeple through the power of sheer blandness. Rowdy Roddy Piper and his magic sunglasses uncovered this marveldronespiracy, and that's why they killed him.
No.

You're stupid, your opinions are stupid, and your ideas of how marketing, photoshop and the brain's recognition of faces are also stupid.
>>
>>95334983
It's ass
>>
>>95336523
I'm not being literal, it's a joke. And it has nothing to do with Marvel, it's Hollywood and business. Every bit of marketing material gets run over with a microscope and an airbrush, that's just common knowledge.
>>
>>95334983
Civil War was just as bad as TDKR.
At least TDKR gave us Baneposting, CW was literally only flavour of the month.
>>
>>95335039
Why are you yelling
>>
>>95337490
He hurt.

In the butt.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.